As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The APRIL PICK-UP THREAD - because you don't have enough things.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Is that a Disney release?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Lenore03Lenore03 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Is that a Disney release?
    Not sure. Maybe Disney doesn't own the rights here in Australasia. So you guys get it in March next year.

http://www.amazon.com/Nausicaa-Valley-Wind-Blu-ray-Thurman/dp/B004CRR9G0 Dat clutter.

Lenore03 on
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey, Eden of the East. I saw a trailer for that that made it look pretty awesome.

...is it pretty awesome?

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    Lenore03Lenore03 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Chance wrote: »
    Hey, Eden of the East. I saw a trailer for that that made it look pretty awesome.

...is it pretty awesome?
    The best Anime show in a long time. It might still be up free to watch on Funimation's site or Funimation's Youtube channel. 100% legal way to watch it, btw. Only problem is I think it's locked to Canadians. Try it anyway.
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Funimation+eden+of+the+east&aq=f

I cant access Funi's streaming page, but try it if you can.

Also. I noticed you picked up Tekkon Kinkreet a while ago, Chance. Did you like it? That's one of the better movies in a while.

Lenore03 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, and it's sooo good on BR. It really makes me lament only having Paprika on DVD.

I'll look into Eden of the East though. What kills me is Paranoia Agent doesn't seem to exist on Bluray. That's a kick in the nethers.

Chance on
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Why do I let this happen? I'll never finish all of these.

decgoodies.jpg

Had early Xmas with the family. These aren't all gifts - a few were gifts to myself. I really shouldn't have.

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    BioShock 2 :^:

inFamous :^: :^:

Chance on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Trauma Team :^: :^: :^:

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Reflective kitchen counter :^: :^: :^: :^:

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    My granite is classy, yo.

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    What the fuck is Flingsmash

This thing is like Justin Bieber

It came out of thin air and now I keep hearing about it

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    What the fuck is Flingsmash

This thing is like Justin Bieber

It came out of thin air and now I keep hearing about it

It's because it's the new Wii Play. Comes with the new Wii Remote Plus and Amazon had it on sale for $30 during the Black Friday week deals so you were getting the new model Wii Remote, which is worth $40, for $30 plus a free game...

Flingsmash is something I was actually very interested in from the moment they showed it at either this last E3 or another press conference before that. But I haven't unwrapped mine yet. Want to finish up Epic Mickey first.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    No clue about Flingsmash. I just wanted the controller.

RidleySaria on
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    IMG_3675.jpg

My cousin and his wife came to visit this past week, so I picked up Munchkin at Barnes & Noble. I've been interested in it for a while, but had no one to play with. We liked it so much that we found a local game shop and ran out to buy Munchkin Cthulhu. While I was there, I spotted the Christmas expansions under the counter and couldn't resist. I'm a huge sucker for Christmas versions of existing games.

They also gave me one of their old (first gen, I think?) iPhones. I'm not going to use it a a phone, but it still works great as a portable internet viewer when I'm around WiFi. Now I can finally check online prices when I'm out shopping. :P

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    imageuwx.jpg&action=rotate

I just bought Valhalla - The Complete Saga 1-5 luxury edition, not sure if its even known outside of Europe though.

Edit: Put in a better picture.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I own pretty much all of the Mario All Star games on Wii VC.

But I still want it...

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    imagecud.jpg

Package arrived today. I'm getting my pick-ups out of order though, as there's a few that I received last week I haven't posted yet.
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    I own pretty much all of the Mario All Star games on Wii VC.

But I still want it...

I own all the the games in Super Mario All-Stars about 4 times over (Original NES Carts, Super Mario All-Stars Cart, GBA Re-Releases & VC releases) and I still bought the 25th Anniversary set just for collector's sake.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I had my very first video game dream last night

In that dream, I bought Wind Waker since I have a Wii again

Totally gonna grab some Wind Waker soon

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I had my very first video game dream last night

In that dream, I bought Wind Waker since I have a Wii again

Totally gonna grab some Wind Waker soon

Wind Waker IS pretty much the best Zelda game to dream about playing.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    33821_1756236390291_1370419557_1888674_6995354_n.jpg

So freakin' tacky...I love it!

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So that gold controller is pretty much fantastic. Completely reminds me of the gold N64 controllers.

Haven't taken a picture yet, but got Dragon Age Ultimate edition for $30 on clearance at target tonight. Now to sell my copies origins & awakening haha. Can't wait to play all that dlc though <3

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Just thought I'd share: Christmas Shopping: DONE.

35615_1756498476843_1370419557_1889041_6739434_n.jpg

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man, I haven't even started. I can't afford things right now, going to wait until next week to shop.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Can anyone recommend a DSi screen protector or should I just drop the $9 on the Hori/Stylus set as usual?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Not gonna lie; GoldenEye Wii sounds neat enough (I'll wait for the price drop), but that is one fugly controller

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Not gonna lie; GoldenEye Wii sounds neat enough (I'll wait for the price drop), but that is one fugly controller

The Controller Bundle was on sale at Amazon for $50. I figured that was a good enough deal to pick up.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Finally got my shitty phone to work with Windows 7. Went and spent the vouchers I got from work for Christmas.

spa0258p.jpg

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh okay, you're not in America

I was like "That's a weird Scott Pilgrim cover..."

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Jason00Jason00 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The Complete Black Books is a great purchase :^:

Jason00 on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I am on Day 9 of the spending freeze.

It's hard as fuck haha.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Those M&M's look pretty good.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Well, I feel silly. I had no idea that I could just plop my SIM card into that iPhone I posted until my dad bugged me to try it. I know very, very little about cellphones so I was shocked when it worked.

I still don't think I'm going to buy a data plan, but now I don't need to carry two phones around. :D

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    AaronKI wrote: »
    Well, I feel silly. I had no idea that I could just plop my SIM card into that iPhone I posted until my dad bugged me to try it. I know very, very little about cellphones so I was shocked when it worked.

I still don't think I'm going to buy a data plan, but now I don't need to carry two phones around. :D

Just make sure you don't accidentally turn on cellular data. Without some sort of plan, even the cheapest one, you will get raped quickly.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Actual pick-ups so far:
    Just Cause 2
    Evil Genius
    World of Tanks Beta (free, but I've put way too much time into it :P)

Expected Christmas loot:
    Halo: Reach
    AssBro
    NFS: HP
    CODBLOPS
    GT5

a5ehren on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Just make sure you don't accidentally turn on cellular data. Without some sort of plan, even the cheapest one, you will get raped quickly.

What setting is that under so I can make sure that it's off and then never touch it again?

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    a5ehren wrote: »
    AssBro
    CODBLOPS

Man I don't know which acronym I like best.

What setting is that under so I can make sure that it's off and then never touch it again?

Should be Settings > General > Network

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    a5ehren wrote: »
    AssBro
    CODBLOPS

Man I don't know which acronym I like best.

Should be Settings > General > Network

Cool, thanks.

CODBLOPS is probably my favorite acronym ever. CoD's single player is the only franchise that my dad plays and I've been hoping it catches on with him. No luck so far, but he at least knows what I'm talking about when I say codblops.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh okay, you're not in America

I was like "That's a weird Scott Pilgrim cover..."

I would have bought it earlier but for some reason they put the movie poster on most of the paprbacks now.

It is not the movie! Stop doing that!

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    myownsummermyownsummer Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Finally got my shitty phone to work with Windows 7. Went and spent the vouchers I got from work for Christmas.

spa0258p.jpg

Thats an amazing haul. is that Scott Pilgrim hardcover?

myownsummer on
    rosievp6.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Nah, just the paperback.

mere_immortal on
This discussion has been closed.