As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans 2010 - Send/Receive gifts! Read OP for new rules. NSF 56k, deadbeats

• Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dear Santa,

I forgot to mention, the address you're shipping to is my parents. The mail at my apartment is inconsistent at best.

I only tell you this because if you see something was delivered and don't see me post about it for a day or two, that's the reason. My parents are sometimes slow on telling me when something comes for me.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Stale wrote: »
    I don't know about you rat-fuckers, but I fully demand that my satan buy everything on my wishlist.

If a giant box from amazon does not arrive tomorrow, and instead I get some bullshit, I'm going to be super pissed.

I'm important. I'm royalty. I demand satisfaction.

I challenge you to a duel.

Then I immediately concede, because you'd just beat me with your cane like Andrew Jackson.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    lostwords wrote: »
    Got their real name and address but no forum info

And I think you're lying! But just in case, I will send you something (pics of ma wang)

(I'm lying about my dick)

don't promise then let me down :(

send me their name and i'll check, don't have the spreadsheet here

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The due date for sending stuff to arrive for Christmas is November 28. This presents a problem because shipping will cost money and I don't get paid untill December 1.

What I'm saying is my gift probably won't show up until after Christmas, or early January.

That's not generally considered a problem, is it?

Legba on
  • Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Not a problem at all.

Tube loves banning people.
    the OP says you have until the 30th of Jan

Sticks on
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Uriel wrote: »
    Stale wrote: »
    I don't know about you rat-fuckers, but I fully demand that my satan buy everything on my wishlist.

If a giant box from amazon does not arrive tomorrow, and instead I get some bullshit, I'm going to be super pissed.

I'm important. I'm royalty. I demand satisfaction.

I challenge you to a duel.

Then I immediately concede, because you'd just beat me with your cane like Andrew Jackson.

I would not be surprised if Stale has hired someone to try and kill him just so he could beat the tar out of the dude.

For all we know, Stale kicks the shit out of the Reaper every time he comes round and old Skullhead gives him another 3 years and 9trillion cans of soda.

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    What? That is the longest mail service ever, are you in Antarctica?

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Legba wrote: »
    The due date for sending stuff to arrive for Christmas is November 28. This presents a problem because shipping will cost money and I don't get paid untill December 1.

What I'm saying is my gift probably won't show up until after Christmas, or early January.

That's not generally considered a problem, is it?

The only date you really have to worry about is the due date, which is January 30. It's not recommended you skirt that line, though, because once you cross that due date, you will be banned without opportunity for appeal.

Javen on
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Isn't Legba in one of those Euro countries? MIGHT AS WELL BE ANTARCTICA.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Unless you have a tracking number that at least says where the thing is.

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    My gift ideas are starting to coalesce

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Had to make a new amazon account, making my wishlist right now.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    BEAST! wrote: »
    What? That is the longest mail service ever, are you in Antarctica?

Norway. There's a lot of shipping before Christmas (obviously), so they don't guarantee that packages will arrive before Christmas if you ship after November 28th.

It'll probably show up before Christmas even so, there's just no guarantee, and I'm not counting on the international postal service to be too brilliant right around Christmas time.

Legba on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sal wrote: »
    My gift ideas are starting to coalesce

Mine too!

Have to finish the Solid Saint projects and take care of my Mom's birthday present and then I'll be getting all gifty for my Satan

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Aphostile wrote: »

Sure feels like it this time of year!

Today I watched a beautiful sunset at 4pm, and wrapped up in three layers of clothing so I wouldn't freeze my balls off. Yay!

Legba on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Aphostile wrote: »

Sure feels like it this time of year!

Today I watched a beautiful sunset at 4pm, and wrapped up in three layers of clothing so I wouldn't freeze my balls off. Yay!

If you don't think that things will make it by January 30, then be sure that you have a tracking number to back up that you shipped it.

Hell, a tracking number and required signature is pretty good practice for damn near anyone doing this. Cuts down on a lot of "but I sent it, I promise!" kinda crap.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Wish list partially done

Weaver on
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    My plans are starting to coalesce.
    I have multiple addresses that I will be sending things to.
    One of them will be surprised to find a package from me.

Then dismayed that it is not a package for them.

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I believe I already have a couple of gift ideas for my satanee in my mind but need something... more.

Maybe something embarassing.

I'm not sure.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    It'll definitely make it by January 30. I was more worried that it might be considered bad form and would lead to an annoyed satanee than that I'd be skirting a ban.

I've had packages sent from England that took a month to receive, and packages sent from Hong Kong that took 3-4 days. So! My guess is that the package will be with my satanee anywhere between December 7th and the first week of January.

A tracking number sounds like a bloody good idea, though.

Legba on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    My satanee should have presents by Christmas.

Weaver on
  • Options
    Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I got my flat rate box, got most of my ideas written down. I'm just missing one thing...the set is missing something, and I just can't put my finger on it.

Drat dang nabbit slop bucket!

Wombat!! on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    It'll definitely make it by January 30. I was more worried that it might be considered bad form and would lead to an annoyed satanee than that I'd be skirting a ban.

I've had packages sent from England that took a month to receive, and packages sent from Hong Kong that took 3-4 days. So! My guess is that the package will be with my satanee anywhere between December 7th and the first week of January.

A tracking number sounds like a bloody good idea, though.

As long as you have a legit tracking number by the deadline it's fine, although obviously earlier/closer to the actual Holiday is better. But for the out-of-the-country folks don't fret.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just ordered the gifts for my SE++ Satanee. Due to them not living in the US, I had to ship directly from their Amazon site, and had to bump the cost up.

Since it set a new threshold for gifts, it just means my G&T Santee is getting more gifts than originally planned, since I can't have them be unequal. Lucky them.

EDIT: Oh yeah, there are 3 items, 2 will arrive before Christmas, and one isn't released yet. It's on pre-order and should get there a week or two after Christmas, well before the deadline.

DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    VoC, you don't have to make me a list, just tell me what the first item you would put on a list for me would be.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ok, got my amazon list up in my signature and I should be able to get my gifts out before Christmas. This is fun!

Ruby Rhod on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Goose! wrote: »
    VoC, you don't have to make me a list, just tell me what the first item you would put on a list for me would be.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/plush/bb2e/

First thing I thought of. That and the Boba Fett hoodie.

First thing I thought of for Sheri was branding her business.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Those are neat things! But way too expensive.

Goose! on
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Alright one item in hand, the second I'm still waiting on a shipping confirmation, made them a card, now I just need to wait for the last item to be orderable and I'm ready to go!

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    NON-OPTIONAL REMINDER:

When you receive your gift, you MUST post in here letting your Satan (and everyone) know you got it.
    Even if you hated it, don't be an asshole.

There are no exceptions.
    If you don't post here when receiving a gift, you won't be eligible for future Secret Satans.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    neville lostwords doesn't know the username of his satanee. FYI.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Lostwords has been told, twice, to email me the person's name so I can check.
    Until he does, I can't do anything until I get home.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Kdokee, just figured since I just saw ya post I'd try to help out.

Goose! on
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    With neville's announcement in mind, I'd like to remind my Satan that I'm not getting back till mid-December and won't be able to comment on any gifts received till then

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• Options
    edited November 2010
    pECKO1-4814192dt.jpg
    ?

I would kill for that hoodie. Way expensive though. And also out of stock.

Legba on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I got my Satanee something off their wish list and something I think they might enjoy based on what I read

If they don't like the thing I thought of at least I know for sure they'll get something useful

But I think I pulled an "inattentive relative" and got the wrong color but whatever

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Got my person! sorry for the trouble, nevs :cry:

i'll make it up to somehow

wink?

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I figured out the last part of my gift set. This is going to be fuuuuuuuun!

Wombat!! on
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Shit I got caught up in bills and my work's animosity with unions that I forgot about Satans!

Umm ... I do plan on doing an Amazon list. Tonight. Hopefully. But Satan, if you are needing information NOW then here is some basics:
    Interests: The big two would be anything plant-related and Transformers. Also dinosaurs, because dinosaurs are fuck rad awesome. Anime interests are pretty low, though I did like Zoids and Cowboy Bebop. Movies, I have a shitton, but no Blu-ray, it's all DVD until I get a player.

Vidya' games: The only console I have is a Wii. Most of my gaming time right now (and for the next few months) is pretty occupied by Rock Band 3. Accessory wise, I have two guitars, mike, and drum set. No keys, no symbols, no guitar stands ... just the basics. Other games I have are/is the Metroid Trilogy, Twilight Princess, Animal Crossing, and Wii Fit, if that gives you any idea of what I like. Hell, I like playing any good games. PC wise, I have no computer and am borrowing a friends, otherwise I'd be begging for Borderlands. God I love that game. I also have a DS, and my favorites on that are Pokemon (I have one game from every generation, I think), Scribblenauts (the first one, also a favorite of my wife), and uhh I think that's it.

Clothes: I wear small shirts, or medium if they're gonna shrink. Jackets/sweaters are usually medium. My style is casual; jeans, hoodies, etc.

Books: I love Terry Pratchet. I only have one of his books though, but I've read Colour of Magic. Also, like I said earlier, any plant-related books are cool. Or Transformers. Along comic book lines, Transformers is great, though I definitely lean towards the newer trades (I can't get into the UK stuff or the older stuff and I know I'm a terrible person for that). Also Green Lantern is my favorite super hero; I have Sinestro Corp war I & II but that's it.

Other categories, other categories ... oh, food. If I had a preference for anything, it's hot stuff (not tongue-numbingly hot, just really flavorful hot) and sour sweets (like Sour Patch Kids).

Again, Amazon list later tonight, with a varied price range. And over anything, I will be positively grateful for whatever I get. Honestly. My wife asked me last year if I put fudge on my wishlist, and I didn't, but Goatmon's fudge was one of the best gifts I got all Christmas. Lasted well into February and worth every bite. Don't worry about surprising me with something out of left field.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    pECKO1-4814192dt.jpg
    ?

I would kill for that hoodie. Way expensive though. And also out of stock.

$186 on ebay

VisionOfClarity on
This discussion has been closed.