Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Mount and Blade:Warband-X Mod better than Y Mod- Z Mod okay

1404142434446»

• FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    PoP is eternal! There are some others out there but nothing that absolutely trumps it or anything -- if you're in the mood for something different....well you're wrong, play more PoP :biggrin: Slightly more seriously they still update it and tweak/add stuff, so unless you're burnt out it is still a great mod. All of the others I play leave me craving PoP, but I'm sure there are others here that can give better suggestions than me.

Steam:Fiatil
    Sir CarcassElvenshaeGuildNavTheKoolEagle
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    PoP just got an update yesterday too, in case you needed more prodding.

Otherwise I also enjoy, Perisno and 1257 Enhanced Edition (a continuation of the original Anno Domini). Persino and 1257 get regular updates and have both been updated rather recently (June/May).

Sir CarcassElvenshaeGuildNav
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Yeah, if it’s been a couple of years since you last played PoP, then they have added a lot since then.

omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
    Sir CarcassGuildNav
  • GuildNavGuildNav Registered User regular
    Not like you guys gotta twist my arm or anything. I hope my Ravenstern Rangers are still top dog.

Elvenshae
    GuildNav wrote: »
    Not like you guys gotta twist my arm or anything. I hope my Ravenstern Rangers are still top dog.

RRs are still awesome, and are the best archers for general usage, but there's a Ravenstern lord who has Iceguard Rangers in his personal guard, which are RRs + a couple levels with better bows and a guaranteed 1h / shield combo; you can occasionally recruit a handful of them from Ramun the Slave Trader in Singal.

And, of course, the Silvermist Rangers sometimes exist. And you can sometimes recruit Noldorim.

When last you played, were you able to create your own Knighthood Order?

omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Haven't watched it yet, but here's 20ish minutes of gameplay from the closed beta:

Taleworlds apologizes for the lack of skill displayed by their community manager. :D

omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Sir Carcass
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I'm still salty about not getting a dev diary last week. :P

So, a few weeks ago, they posted a Devblog on sieges, wherein they talked about the options you might have a defender or someone attempting to help the defender, and one interesting new tidbit was that you could leverage your Tactics skill to either stage a breakout (thereby saving most of your army by fighting against a smaller detachment of besiegers) or a break-in, bringing in additional troops and supplies. Alternatively, if you're outside the siege, you could ambush foragers and reinforcements, hoping to starve out the besieging army.

Well, last week's update was Sieges: Part Deux, which goes into the mechanics of siege machines and how they play out on the world map.

When in control of a siege, you can actually place your machines and they'll attack whatever is closest, allowing you to, e.g., focus your ballista (good against troops, bad against fortifications) on one section of the wall, or to retreat a damage trebuchet before it is destroyed.

Here's an example siege:

jg5obtvpqgkq.png

Items of note:
    • There are six attacking lords - you can tell because each attacking lord gets his or her own tent-with-banner (two to the left, four in the middle), with a troop strength of 694
    • The attacker has completed two trebuchets (strong against walls and opposing engines), one ballista (good against troops), and one catapult for ranged engagements
    • Both attacking trebuchets (very powerful, but also expensive and relatively slow to build) have taken significant damage from ...
    • The defenders' four catapults, two of which are damaged but which might be winning the DPS race against the trebuchets
    • The defenders' walls are in good repair, but have taken some damage from the attacking trebuchets and catapult
    • The attacker has prepped a siege tower and a battering ram (bottom left and right, respectively) which do nothing during the ranged-weapons-duel, but would be brought forward when an assault is ordered

There are other interesting things in the article, too. :)

omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Sir CarcasseEK!Banzai5150Metzger Meister