As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[UO] Come back, my Lads! - IPY 2.0

• Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If you plan on being semi serious about playing on this server, getting a mic may help you out quite a bit. Many of use are using vent right now, its super helpful in dungeons.

Also, we had some mad fun in shame just now, killing shit for fancy lads.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Important server update:

Master Scrolls
    1. Masters Scrolls only drop from select monsters (clarification, not an update).
    2. Dropped master scrolls have a random 'durability' between a fixed range.
    3. All dropped master scrolls will be labeled as "Flamestrike [+1]" for example, with a tag of "Master Scroll" underneath.
    4. Master scrolls which have the [+1] tag can be 'double clicked' to provide one free copy for a scribe to put in their spellbook. Level 7 require 60.7 inscription, level 8 require 75 inscription.
    5. You MUST have the scroll in your spellbook AND have the master scroll in your backpack in order to scribe any level 7 or 8 spell (with two exceptions: Mana Vampire and Resurrection. These do not need master scrolls).
    6. Master Scrolls will show the remaining charges upon single clicking.
    7. Master Scrolls will be deleted when the charges left reach zero.
    8. Master Scrolls consume one charge per attempt, regardless of whether it was fruitful or not.
    9. All changes will be retroactive. All current scrolls were updated regardless of how many times it had already been used.
    10. Staff will not replace any lost Master Scrolls from either before the update nor after the update for any reason.

Vendor Updates
    1. You may now purchase Mana Vampire scrolls from Scribe vendors.
    2. Butchers now purchase raw ribs, raw lamb legs, raw chicken legs, and raw bids at 1gp.

Boat Control Changes
    Upon receiving a command from the boat owner, the tillerman will listen to the owner and ONLY the owner for a period of ten seconds following the command. This prevents ridiculous griefing of boat spamming drop anchor.

Blessed Property Update
    Blessed armor and clothing will no longer lose durability.

Skillgain and Statgain
    Britain sewers do not count as a dungeon in terms of 'Dungeon Bonus gains.'

Donation Items
    1. Donation currency is now nontransferable.
    2. Changes ARE retroactive for currency.
    3. Most items in the donation store are now also nontransferrable.
    4. Changes ARE NOT retroactive for existing items. If you have an existing donation item, it will remain as a rare transferable donation item.
    5. Donation items marked as nontransferable may only be worn, stored in the top level of your backpack, or kept in your bankbox.
    6. Items received from the mongbat lottery will be transferable.
    7. The Pirate Decoration package was giving out a 'bola ball' instead of a 'cannonball'. Page a GM if you want yours fixed.

Bug Fixes
    1. Donation Shop Server Crash
    2. Skill Scrolls will now drop for players who have reached the 700.0 skillcap.

GameMaster Updates
    Added command to help Admins identify problems with skill scroll drops.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Get your see-sawing in ASAP, since from what Seneschal's been saying on the IPY forums, stat gain is going to be further nerfed so that macroing low-level skills won't do much for stats.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    God damn. JUST bought skills up... provo can wait, here comes the stat train(with any luck)! I hope they don't hide any controversial hot fixes from the codex.

And maybe we should have a weekly dungeon day or something where we try to get as many people as possible into Shame/Wrong/Deceit or whatever. My only contribution will be provocation(for now), but I think the more CC the merrier.

My plan for the next week is to start saving up cash for a house for me and my brother. I'm not trying to be neglectful of the PA boys, but I really want to keep my brother playing. Plus I have a friend I may ensnare if I get situated with a house and some farming skills.

Monsty on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    You could always get your brother involved with the 'pa boys'.

We are fairly active in vent/chat/the guild.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Oh, I know. :) Whenever "Mattock" shows up on UOAM, that's him.

It's just I've only been able to get a few hours with him since launch and it's mostly been acclimating him to how UO plays. Soon, though, I think he'd be down for some Fancy Lad mayhem.

I would guess maybe Friday we'll try to hook up for shenanigans. I will get on IRC when we're(or I am) ready to rock.

Monsty on
  • Options
    amateursuperheroamateursuperhero Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Computer is fixed and I am in game! Where are you guys hanging out? Character name is Ragnar Dragonfyr.

We're sort of all over the place :). Register on the guild forum and get access to the UOAM and ventrilo info.

amateursuperhero on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    korodullin wrote: »
    Get your see-sawing in ASAP, since from what Seneschal's been saying on the IPY forums, stat gain is going to be further nerfed so that macroing low-level skills won't do much for stats.

It's pissing me off that they keep "fixing" this while letting a few lucky bastards get away with 225.

amateursuperhero on
  • Options
    vernesvernes Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Due to a rather slow connection, I saw a partial build registration page at arcadians.freeforums.
    It asked me to select which offers I was interested in to complete the registration process.
    However, before I could investigate further the page completed and the text was no longer visible.

Can someone explain what that was about?

vernes on
  • Options
    seabassseabass Doctor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

It's pissing me off that they keep "fixing" this while letting a few lucky bastards get away with 225.

The beauty of free shards is that they could do a wipe to level the playing field and fix things.

The tragedy is that they won't.

seabass on
    Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
  • Options
    Fantastication2Fantastication2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If it was only a few hours or a day or so that people lost to a wipe I doubt anyone would really be upset, but after nearly a week, chances are there'll be plenty of people who decide it's not worth restarting.

Fantastication2 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    vernes wrote: »
    Due to a rather slow connection, I saw a partial build registration page at arcadians.freeforums.
    It asked me to select which offers I was interested in to complete the registration process.
    However, before I could investigate further the page completed and the text was no longer visible.

Can someone explain what that was about?

Because it's a free board, I think it tries to get you to sign up for stuff. Just hit "no thanks" or whatever, I can't remember. We'll probably upgrade to a better board soon now that we have a decent number of people playing for the foreseeable future.

amateursuperhero on
  • Options
    RuskRusk Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Downloading this now. I've always wanted to give UO a shot, so I'll try it this weekend. Looking forward to being completely lost, poor, and terrible at this game.

Rusk on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The harshness of the game is what makes it so satisfying when you do well and succeed. :D

More people join us! If people are on the fence about joining right now while we have to do a lot of grunt work, you could always hop on the wagon after we get our Cove setup in place. That will make things a lot nicer and allow us to help out the new accounts.

Might address the forum issue soon.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    seabass wrote: »

The beauty of free shards is that they could do a wipe to level the playing field and fix things.

The tragedy is that they won't.

The first IPY had a server wipe early on as a last resort for fixing a bad bad dupe bug. That resulted in the majority of the people leaving. Az will not do a wipe, if only to keep from looking like the server's going to head down IPY1's road.

But I do find it funny that Azaroth posted in the "what's your skills at?" thread with his 100/25/100 stats hours before Seneschal let slip that stat gains from working lowbie skills will be nerfed soon.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    whats the most efficient way to see-saw intelligence up while I still can?

Right now Im going from 10-30 herding and camping and back and forth on those two, but my int is still 23

override367 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Not see-sawing at all. Lock everything except for a skill you're using to gain a stat (like Snooping or Spirit Speak). You set that skill to raise, and set one of your skills that's at 0.0 to lower. You then use the stat gain skill for hours, and you'll gain stats while gaining no skill increases.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    ahh and whats the best skill to go with for int by chance?

Edit: aw shoot server restart, probably nerfing the skill gain

darnit, im never going to get magery up with 27 int and ive put too much work into my bard skills to reroll >_<

edit2: spoke too soon, still works

override367 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Came across two [rare] timberwolves tonite, magic shield and magic gloves off of them. As well as gold skill scrolls.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Fancy Lad Shop is up and running!

fancyshop.jpg?t=1297916213

amateursuperhero on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The picture is highlighting our boat vendor, in case that didn't make sense :)

amateursuperhero on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Damn, it must be tough sailing through icy waters!

Important information:
    That was a pseudo-joke based on your snow-patched client. You know it's a good joke when you have to explain it!

Monsty on
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Not see-sawing at all. Lock everything except for a skill you're using to gain a stat (like Snooping or Spirit Speak). You set that skill to raise, and set one of your skills that's at 0.0 to lower. You then use the stat gain skill for hours, and you'll gain stats while gaining no skill increases.

How does that work? You need 10.1 skill at least to gain stats according to the main site. Do you need to have hit skill cap for this to work?

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011

How does that work? You need 10.1 skill at least to gain stats according to the main site. Do you need to have hit skill cap for this to work?

Here's an example: Let's say you want to raise Strength using arms Lore.

1. Buy skills up to the 700 point cap
    2. Fiddle with your skills until Arms Lore is at 10.1 or higher (I go to 11ish to be safe)
    3. Lock every skill. Even Arms Lore, to be extra double dog safe
    4. Set Arms Lore to raise (arrow pointing up)
    5. Find a skill that's at 0.0 Real skill, and set it pointing down. Everything else should be locked
    6. Begin macroing Arms Lore
    7. Watch paint dry for about thirty hours, come back and enjoy your new muscles

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Gains using this method have been going pretty slow. About 1-2 strength an hour for me.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It's pretty good with camping, especially if you debuff yourself so your adjusted camping is low, since there's literally no delay on using kindling, although today my client is crashing with razor macros for some reason... herm

override367 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Is it not responding or outright crashing? Sometimes mine stalls for a bit but gets back to normal if you give it a minute.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It completely locks up, if I click on it it crashes

Sometimes it stalls and gets better but no matter what it will completely lock up after a few minutes, and it wasnt doing it yesterday... considering reinstalling client and razor

override367 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I've had crashing/lock-up problems randomly, and rebooting seems to help quite a bit. Odd that it happens at all as I'm using 32-bit XP. *Shakes fist*

Monsty on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Alright guys, if you aren't registered on the the Fancy Lads forum, please do register there. We have a roster thread started there, if you play UO and are in TFL please post all your player information there.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Couldn't keep away, I made two characters, although all I had time to do was make them and run my crafter to Cove (God that run brought back memories).

With my new work schedule I wont be very active sadly.

Hippie on
  • Options
    vernesvernes Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    UOAM hates me, what is the logic behind it's weird behavior?
    It first doesn't track me at all, and then it does?
    What do I start first? UOClient or UOAM?

Also, who has a useful Razor macro example for mining/blacksmithing?

And finally: dude... Fancy Lads?

Edit: Oh, I see: http://pennyarcade.wikia.com/wiki/Fancy_Lads
    So why not: http://pennyarcade.wikia.com/wiki/Disciples_of_Divx
    or: http://pennyarcade.wikia.com/wiki/Annarchy_%28guild%29
    or: http://pennyarcade.wikia.com/wiki/Terrible_Swift_Sword
    Or any of the other 204 google hits?

vernes on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Give it time. You will embrace the fancy, lad.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMuScu9OpfA#t=2m30s

Dang, embedding seems to take away the seeking behavior. Hmm.

EDIT:
    ~2:29 in for the magic.

Monsty on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Once you see out loveably obnoxious guild colors, Vernes, I think you'll get the fancy lads thing.

amateursuperhero on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Because they didn't win the vote? :D

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Make sure you're running UOAM as admin and in Win XP SP2 or 3 compatibility mode if you're using Vista or 7. This fixed a laundry list of problems for me.

I dislocated my elbow snowboarding so I'm one handing it until it heals. Gonna play as a dex monkey and switch to a med warrior when I get two hands again. Really looking forward to joining up with you guys. I'm still waiting on the vent info. Typing is not ideal for me right now.

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011

When in Rome...

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Make sure you're running UOAM as admin and in Win XP SP2 or 3 compatibility mode if you're using Vista or 7. This fixed a laundry list of problems for me.

I dislocated my elbow snowboarding so I'm one handing it until it heals. Gonna play as a dex monkey and switch to a med warrior when I get two hands again. Really looking forward to joining up with you guys. I'm still waiting on the vent info. Typing is not ideal for me right now.

We're just using the regular PA vent server. Details in the games and tech forum. Its a sticky.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Demiurge wrote: »

We're just using the regular PA vent server. Details in the games and tech forum. Its a sticky.

Thanks! I'll be sure to pop on tonight. :)

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Vent usage has been sort of down for some reason, but most of us are either in UOAM or irc all the time.

For anyone still sort of hesitant starting out, tonight might be a good time to pop in and check it out. The Order vs. Chaos wars start tonight, and the Thieves' Guild opened up today. So you'll get a good sense of what the shard will be like.

Also, we're getting pretty well established guild crafters and a decent money cushion. The plan is to place a bigger guild house today, and once we do that I think it will be a lot easier for some of you people just starting out. Having a nice base of operations is massively helpful :)

amateursuperhero on