Options

Did you get that memo? [JOBS]

• Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    so i reckon either today or tomorrow im going down to the local job service to whore myself out

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    JacquesCousteauJacquesCousteau Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Just graduated from university and moved to the UK from Canada (hopefully for the extent of my two year visa). Work is tough to find if you aren't a woman though. At least I'm missing out on the snow back home.

You're trying to be a lingerie model too?

Tell me about it man, the gender inequality is so goddamn prevalent

Ha. Just bitching because The Girl got a bunch of pub offers. And they said I had mosquito bites.

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    welp

10am, time for Pandora to start sending me 90% shit

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    so i reckon either today or tomorrow im going down to the local job service to whore myself out

Tomorrow.

We have resume work to do. ...which I will get to right after this paid client stuff.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Butters wrote: »
    Sara Lynn wrote: »
    I want to go to Georgia State, because that's the most convenient to me. I was thinking of going at some point and talking to someone there before I waste 60 dollars trying to apply. I'd hate to lose the credits I did earn at school, I despite my low GPA I did spend 3 years there. Though maybe what I need is to throw it all away to start fresh, I don't know.

1) You only get credit for what you got a C or better in the first place. All D's you're going to have to retake anyway.

2) A full 3 years of credit wouldn't do you much good either as any school makes you earn at least half of your credits (if not a majority) there to get a degree. You can't earn 90 credits at school A, get 30 credits at school B, and expect a degree from school B.

3) Talking with Georgia St. is definitely worth it as sometimes a school will accept you into the university even with a poor record but then make you earn your way into your college program of choice by taking some gen eds for your first semester.

4) Regardless of your GPA now, when your credit is transferred over you'll start back at 0.0

I'm super late because I've been working/sleeping, but this is a helpful post, thank you! I don't mind retaking classes, at all, or not transferring all my credits. I just want another chance, whatever that means. I'm not in a hurry because I want to make sure I'm ready this time.

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh man, interview went well but that was a weird staffing agency. I walk in and downstairs is a Christian outreach group. Ok, no biggie, you share a building with whoever rents. But then I get into the suite and on the coffee table is the biblical approach to corporate change. And on the sofa table is a clock with 'time to pray' engraved on it next to a Jesus fish and a plaque with scripture on it. And on the bookshelf? Several books by right wing pundits, more religious guides to business and 'Unfit to Command' (anti-Kerry book) and 'Dereliction of Duty' (anti-Bill Clinton book).

Yea, never felt so uncomfortable in my life in an office before. Luckily this was just the staffing company and not the place the job would be if I get it.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh man, interview went well but that was a weird staffing agency. I walk in and downstairs is a Christian outreach group. Ok, no biggie, you share a building with whoever rents. But then I get into the suite and on the coffee table is the biblical approach to corporate change. And on the sofa table is a clock with 'time to pray' engraved on it next to a Jesus fish and a plaque with scripture on it. And on the bookshelf? Several books by right wing pundits, more religious guides to business and 'Unfit to Command' (anti-Kerry book) and 'Dereliction of Duty' (anti-Bill Clinton book).

Yea, never felt so uncomfortable in my life in an office before. Luckily this was just the staffing company and not the place the job would be if I get it.

If the Lord wills it, the job shall be yours.

But probably not because you are a sinner.
    religion at work always weirds me out

Sticks on
  • Options
    JacquesCousteauJacquesCousteau Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Your sig does say "Thanks, Satan!!". Maybe you just haven't found the right workplace religion.

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It's true. I have yet to find a work environment that allowed me to be [strike]drunk[/strike]devout at work.

My traditional Sunday worship involves beer and sports you see.

Also, Satan was very nice to me this year. So thanks were certainly in order.

Sticks on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2011
    So sorry to hear about all of your troubles up in the Northeast. Be safe and take care, you guys.

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Your love keeps me warm as I slog on through this gray and dreary landscape, Bogey.

Thank you.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    One day a week I work at our quieter branch where there is hardly any passing trade. Its very dull so I often use the time to read a book or revise for my exam.

And Wednesday I showed up and the place was a mess. I checked the stock and half of it was dead! And I mean really dead, as in going mouldy. I was having a fit because the other lady who works there the rest of the week should have taken that stock of as soon as it went bad. What if she'd sold it and not noticed??? A bad reputation spreads fast.

Then turns out she hadn't been there the day before because of a family bereavement, but my actual boss had been there, and it was he who'd not checked the stock and left the disgusting things out. If I had done that at the quieter or busier branch I would have been yelled at within an inch of my life. What a hypocrite. In the time I've worked here he's never spent a day at the quieter branch, but always complains about it and has a go at the other lady, upsetting her. And yet he can't even obey his own rules.

And then I had to spend the morning being yelled at on the phone because the lady who works there most of the time had cocked up an order by writing the completely wrong card message on both the physical order and the paper order. Understandably the customer was cross, and I was the one who had to clean up the mess.

Urgh.

Liiya on
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I feel as though different departments are using me as their "evil guy who tells us all the bad things".

The last ~10 requests have all been data on how different departments are doing their jobs and if there are any specific users doing things incorrectly. I know that hiring/firing processes are decided solely on the data I provide them.

Sure I may never come into contact with the actual people I'm reporting on, but I still feel bad.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    That's terrible, Liiya, and further proof you're forced to work with muppets :x

I'll get you a cuppa. Something other than Earl Grey.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Haha, thank you Ed! You know my tea drinking well :D

Liiya on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Butters wrote: »
    I want to go to Georgia State, because that's the most convenient to me. I was thinking of going at some point and talking to someone there before I waste 60 dollars trying to apply. I'd hate to lose the credits I did earn at school, I despite my low GPA I did spend 3 years there. Though maybe what I need is to throw it all away to start fresh, I don't know.

1) You only get credit for what you got a C or better in the first place. All D's you're going to have to retake anyway.

2) A full 3 years of credit wouldn't do you much good either as any school makes you earn at least half of your credits (if not a majority) there to get a degree. You can't earn 90 credits at school A, get 30 credits at school B, and expect a degree from school B.

3) Talking with Georgia St. is definitely worth it as sometimes a school will accept you into the university even with a poor record but then make you earn your way into your college program of choice by taking some gen eds for your first semester.

4) Regardless of your GPA now, when your credit is transferred over you'll start back at 0.0

I'm super late because I've been working/sleeping, but this is a helpful post, thank you! I don't mind retaking classes, at all, or not transferring all my credits. I just want another chance, whatever that means. I'm not in a hurry because I want to make sure I'm ready this time.

Glad to hear you find it helpful and don't drag your feet for too long. Its gets harder to go back the longer you wait in terms of getting back into study mode and (as I was trying to point out) don't let all the particulars like credit transferring and your GPA lead to hesitation. A lot of that is procedure you never would have control over anyway and the starting point is what it is.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Liiya I don't think a sweet young woman working in a flower shop is allowed to say 'cocked up'

I think there is a law or something

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I always forget you guys think I don't swear haha

Liiya on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't wanna go to work today and deal with people and their coupons and food stamps and irateness

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I am sure Liiya is plenty evil on the inside. She is a woman after all.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    But of course!

Liiya on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Dammit Butters she was acquitted of all those murders! That blood could've come from anywhere

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I imagine Liiya looks exactly like her AV, and clearly she is too busy being classy and proper to use foul language.

Sticks on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Dammit Butters she was acquitted of all those murders! That blood could've come from anywhere

Yes...

That's right...

Liiya on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

it was her damn fascist petunias

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    first person to complain to me about tuna or beans or frozen pizza pricing today is gonna have a 2 for 1 tide coupon shoved down their throat

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Sticks wrote: »
    I imagine Liiya looks exactly like her AV, and clearly she is too busy being classy and proper to use foul language.

she is actually tinier than her av

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Any business that chose them for their staffing needs is probably a lot more likely to be religious. Still best of luck.

That sounds almost as terrifying as when I went into a basement to apply for what I thought was a staff job but turned out to be an infomercial style meeting trying to get us to sell knives. Only they were playing some Jennifer Lopez song really loudly when I opened the door.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ah, here is the job thread

I will have a job soon. Inventory management assistant in the supply chain department of a big regional hospital system. Second shift again. It is easy to transfer around the company after a year or so, which is good in case I don't like my job.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I made the executive decision to remain closed today (we're shutting down tomorrow anyway).

However it took me 3 hours to shovel out my driveway with the help of my younger brother and his 2 friends.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    PiptheFair wrote: »

it was her damn fascist petunias

They also go to rallies at night and chant, ominously

And Liiya tries to reason with them, but no! They keep dragging back the loot they take from their victims and she has to accept it or else they'd come for her next!

Why the other day I saw her with a big pile of money and she was laughing, she was so traumatised by the whole ordeal that she was laughing instead of crying

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Liiya is evil and possibly Russian.
    stache.jpg

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    she was standing in front of a t-34....

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    So a dude I work with that's I've been trying to help save the last 2-3 weeks is getting let go tomorrow. It's incredibly unfair as he was never given a fair shot but supposedly whom they're looking to hire in his place is way more qualified and more capable. Sucks balls though.

Butters on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Liiya is evil and possibly Russian.
    stache.jpg
    I don't think that mustache is real...

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    she's extremely sensitive about it, you dick

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    the admin assistant lady on our floor made hot buttered rum for us all

but that means i didnt make it a week without drinking like i intended

but its really good!

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So the ultrasound didn't find anything

My throat is safe. For now.

Kochikens on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    That's what... she said?

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i need a job

give me a job please

Clint Eastwood on
This discussion has been closed.