Options

Es[chat]ology

• Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    valentines day.
    ah shit, I just realized that not only is valentine's day valentine's day this year but it is also the one-year anniversary of my and the girl's first date. That's going to make it even more important, isn't it?

Bama on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My friend called me over the other night

"Hey, I got Inception from Netflix, wanna watch it?"
    "Hell yeah"

When I got there we popped the DVD in and it turned out she had moved Invictus to the top of her queue by mistake

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    whoever came up with the comment function for news websites should be put to death

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Feral wrote: »
    Incenjucar, I had a dream about you last night. I don't remember what happened in it though.

Preacher, there was something I wanted to say to you, but I don't remember what it was.

Probably.

"Fuck you."

Oh no, I remember.

When I saw Tron Legacy, every time they mentioned Quorra's name, I imagined her as Cora from Quigley Down Under, just sitting and singing to that baby like a crazy person, and it made me laugh.

That's my story. *nod*

Thats much better then what I thought you were going to say. Much better.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    If you liberal fags haven't seen Exit Through the Gift Shop, I'm going to need you to go ahead and do so or turn in your Birkenstocks and righteous indignation.

That had a really long showing in Bristol, for obvious reasons, but I still couldn't muster the interest to see it.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    If you liberal fags haven't seen Exit Through the Gift Shop, I'm going to need you to go ahead and do so or turn in your Birkenstocks and righteous indignation.

totally fake

I wouldn't be surprised, but that doesn't diminish my enjoyment at all.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Gooey wrote: »
    whoever came up with the comment function for news websites should be put to death

Right up there with Youtube comments.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2011

totally fake

what the hell is that even about

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    oh yeah i guess i do need to watch Exit Through the Gift Shop

its on netflix instant or something

Arch on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2011
    Gonna play me some Magicka and brutally murder myself with my own spells.

Echo on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    yeah what is that movie about

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited January 2011

totally fake

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exit_Through_the_Gift_Shop

Vandals.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm still angry about the thing Echo mentioned. Furious in fact.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    What did Echo mention?

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited January 2011

totally fake

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exit_Through_the_Gift_Shop

Vandals.

Looks dumb.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Honk wrote: »
    What did Echo mention?

Something about needing oil.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Looks dumb.

Yeah its the kind of thing people will talk up, and I know I'll never watch because it would be as boring as paint drying for me.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011

the houston chronicle is the worst.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Gift Shop looks neat.

But I love Banksy.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I thought it would be boring, but I really enjoyed it.

TL DR on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    What did Echo mention?

:evil:

Groups of terrorists acting in concert. One group rapes women, the second group approaches them with suggestions about how they can recover their honor by becoming suicide bombers. And in general the fact that suicide bombers are recruited from amongst the ranks of already depressed/suicidal people.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    What did Echo mention?

Groups of terrorists acting in concert. One group rapes women, the second group approaches them with suggestions about how they can recover their honor by becoming suicide bombers. And in general the fact that suicide bombers are recruited from amongst the ranks of already depressed/suicidal people.

Yeah its fucking awful. Like how Osama Bin Laden is some richy rich guy who uses the poor and desitute like his pawns and then decries the US for being evil.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I thought it would be boring, but I really enjoyed it.

I think this is the problem. Despite rave reviews, I just couldn't summon up any motivation to go and actually watch it.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    What did Echo mention?

None of this surprises me, but yeah it's pretty awful.

I'm pretty sure that Islamic & Arab nationalist terrorist organizations benefit from poverty, lack of social mobility, and polygamy in the middle east, too.

Feral on

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    What did Echo mention?

Jesus fuck!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

I'm pretty sure that Islamic & Arab nationalist terrorist organizations benefit from poverty, lack of social mobility, and polygamy in the middle east, too.

Yeah, I swear I remember reading an article about how polygamy causes a wife shortage for the lower class so terrorism is an outlet for the unmarried surplus male population.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    That's pretty awful. :/

And the tiny girl who had the MAIN fucking role in True Grit got nominated for 'best supporting actress'. What kind of bullshit is that, because she's too young to get nominated for leading?

Meanwhile Jeff Bridges gets nominated for best leading role from True Grit, when he had a smaller part than the girl (though not by much).

Honk on
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Magicka is rather fun. More awesome with co-op though.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Bama wrote: »
    valentines day.
    ah shit, I just realized that not only is valentine's day valentine's day this year but it is also the one-year anniversary of my and the girl's first date. That's going to make it even more important, isn't it?

Yes, it may be worth expending some effort. But V-Day falls on a Monday this year, which is less helpful.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

And the tiny girl who had the MAIN fucking role in True Grit got nominated for 'best supporting actress'. What kind of bullshit is that, because she's too young to get nominated for leading?

Meanwhile Jeff Bridges gets nominated for best leading role from True Grit, when he had a smaller part than the girl (though not by much).

That's odd, she's the main character in the new version.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Also you think they could have at least given Nolan an oscar nomination for best director.

I mean I wasnt even expecting him to win but at least a nom.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    valentines day.

Yes, it may be worth expending some effort. But V-Day falls on a Monday this year, which is less helpful.

Sunday wasn't much better, but yeah monday is the worst day, I figure most will celebrate on the 12th.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    theuglyduckling1_product.jpg

Feral on

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    That's cuz Jeff Bridges was fucking awesome in True Grit

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Academy this year seems to be smoking way much hookah. Though the boycotting of The King's Speech seems to have lifted.

Honk on
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Tron: Legacy is only up for best sound editing in the Oscars.

That makes absolutely NO SENSE at all.

Well done Oscars in continuing to be shit.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Yeah, I swear I remember reading an article about how polygamy causes a wife shortage for the lower class so terrorism is an outlet for the unmarried surplus male population.

Yep. I've mentioned it here before. And I've seen the idea in a few different articles.

Feral on

• Options
    edited January 2011
    Academy this year seems to be smoking way much hookah. Though the boycotting of The King's Speech seems to have lifted.

I swear that was just a marketing ploy the movie leads noms at 12. Some "boycot".

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Tron: Legacy is only up for best sound editing in the Oscars.

That makes absolutely NO SENSE at all.

Well done Oscars in continuing to be shit.

The sound effects were pretty neat...

Feral on

• Options
    edited January 2011
    PTR2j.jpg

Feral on

This discussion has been closed.