As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Armored Core 5 - You got Chromehounds in my AC!

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    A group name that won't end with MS banning all of us would be great. :P

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    I think it's going to be We Are Nice Guys, then.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    It seems there are two 360 teams. Which one should we consider the official team?

• Options
    The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    Well, I caved. I just got home with a copy and I'm installing it now. You all should be ashamed.

Or proud, maybe.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Definitely need a ps3 team for us few people. Maybe I'll make the pa team with the same name as the 360 team.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    It seems there are two 360 teams. Which one should we consider the official team?

PA Wang Wolves appears to be searchable but is asterisked out. Swear filter gets rid of wang even when typing it into the chat function. While I doubt anything negative will happen due to using wang in the name, it's annoying to see nothing but ****** where Wang Wolves should be. Plus with it only being level 15 and consisting of me, Grey Adder, and another guy who joined then logged, we're not losing anything to start another unit. You can come and go from units freely too, on top of running missions as a mercenary, so it doesn't appear you're forever locked into anything either.

If someone wants to grab We Are Nice Guys and go from there we should be good. Getting to level 15 took all of two hours with a lot of that time spent dicking around rather than running missions so a casual play session later tonight could easily get a W.A.N.G. unit past where the Wang Wolves are now. The only thing that seemed to matter was screening. I left Wang Wolves open so anyone who wanted to could join it but it can be set where people need permission to join a unit as well. I believe location, status, and what type of screening process can all be changed from the team menu at any time by the leader. Seemed fairly easy to get a new unit up and running when someone wants to do so.

• Options
    The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    Don't mind me, just adding my info.
    ! Armored Core V PSN List !
    PA Name - PSN ID

DaMoonRulz - Sweaty2501
    chocobolicious - Rawyn
    Kainy - Kain3k

! Armored Core V XBox360 List !
    PA Name - Xbox360 ID

Marslo - Mars on the bar
    Zanshinretsu - CR zan
    MindLib - MindLiberator
    SkyTurnsRed - Skyturnsred
    0Replace4Displac - Scatman USA
    TOGSolid - TOGSolid
    mere_immortal - lego pencil
    KlatBlutig - Klat Blutig
    Knight_ - Knight is Crazy
    The Deliverator - DLVR8OR

• Options
    Definitely need a ps3 team for us few people. Maybe I'll make the pa team with the same name as the 360 team.

Off topic, but what do you think of Ys? I was considering picking it up in a few weeks and saw that you're playing it.

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Column wrote: »

PA Wang Wolves appears to be searchable but is asterisked out. Swear filter gets rid of wang even when typing it into the chat function. While I doubt anything negative will happen due to using wang in the name, it's annoying to see nothing but ****** where Wang Wolves should be. Plus with it only being level 15 and consisting of me, Grey Adder, and another guy who joined then logged, we're not losing anything to start another unit. You can come and go from units freely too, on top of running missions as a mercenary, so it doesn't appear you're forever locked into anything either.

If someone wants to grab We Are Nice Guys and go from there we should be good. Getting to level 15 took all of two hours with a lot of that time spent dicking around rather than running missions so a casual play session later tonight could easily get a W.A.N.G. unit past where the Wang Wolves are now. The only thing that seemed to matter was screening. I left Wang Wolves open so anyone who wanted to could join it but it can be set where people need permission to join a unit as well. I believe location, status, and what type of screening process can all be changed from the team menu at any time by the leader. Seemed fairly easy to get a new unit up and running when someone wants to do so.

I'll set up W.A.N.G., then.

edit: It's up. Search for "We Are Nice Guys" to find it.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    So these teams, are they just a set number of people or can they be however many?

Also are they just used for pvp or co-op?

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    There's 2 player co-op on, from what I can tell, every mission in the game. Otherwise it's up to 4v4 mech battles with an Operator on each side.

Also I haven't seen an upper limit on the teams... one I saw in my region had 25 people.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    So these teams, are they just a set number of people or can they be however many?

Also are they just used for pvp or co-op?

I'm assuming 100 total slots. You can pick number 00 through 99 on the id selector.

Also just app'd for WANG. Not sure what it shows, gamertag is ColumnD, pilot's name is D.

Column on
  • Options
    AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Not many people on PSN, add me. PSN ID : Advocate125

Edit: If you guys want to make a team, how about the name Mechanica Arcadia. No offense but not too keen on naming a team wang or some such thing.

Advocate on
  • Options
    Ok, having put a little time into this, I am in love. The speed and pace of combat is very much reminiscent of earlier AC games instead of the zippy permaflight that AC4 and 4A turned into. It feels good and meaty again.

• Options
    RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    Ill have a PS3 copy sometime next week. I watched some streaming and it looks pretty good.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Ok, having put a little time into this, I am in love. The speed and pace of combat is very much reminiscent of earlier AC games instead of the zippy permaflight that AC4 and 4A turned into. It feels good and meaty again.

And at times ridiculously difficult, which hearkens back to the olden days of the PS1/2 generations.

Fucking 9 Ball Seraph.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Godfucking damnit I can't wait to get home and play this. You guys are making it sound like Destroids the Video Game.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Just set up the team We Are Nice Guys on ps3 servers. Password is the usual.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

And at times ridiculously difficult, which hearkens back to the olden days of the PS1/2 generations.

Fucking 9 Ball Seraph.

Oh man. I'm having flashbacks now. The last fight of AC: Project Phantasma.....

• Options
    Joined WANG, sorry for leaving scat but I was on talking to someone and on my way offline when that acceptance went through.

Two quick things (1) You keep order mission and story mission progress when switching units, Wang Wolves to WANG it's basically like I never switched units and (2) when you use the garages mid mission, if someone is dead, they are brought back to "life." They'll get access to their AC again rather than being the useless human who moves slow as shit and can barely hover despite being strapped to a bigass jetpack. I remember the game saying you could swap parts (core parts, weapons, everything basically), refill armor, yadda yadda when using the things, but don't remember it saying anything about bringing your co-op buddy back his AC. In case it doesn't say anything about it, let it be known.

Train is the new boat. At least one person skimming this thread will get that and chuckle.

• Options
    I'm not going to be able to play until around 10:30 or 11 central tonight. Mass Effect is going to take up my time until then. So close to beating it, just gotta boost my galactic readiness...

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Throwing my name, L4ST_L3VI4TH4N, into the PS3 ring.
    ! Armored Core V PSN List !
    PA Name - PSN ID

DaMoonRulz - Sweaty2501
    chocobolicious - Rawyn
    Kainy - Kain3k
    Advocate - Advocate125
    Virgil_Leads_You - L4ST_L3VI4TH4N

Team - We Are Nice Guys

! Armored Core V XBox360 List !
    PA Name - Xbox360 ID

Marslo - Mars on the bar
    Zanshinretsu - CR zan
    MindLib - MindLiberator
    SkyTurnsRed - Skyturnsred
    0Replace4Displac - Scatman USA
    TOGSolid - TOGSolid
    mere_immortal - lego pencil
    KlatBlutig - Klat Blutig
    Knight_ - Knight is Crazy
    The Deliverator - DLVR8OR

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Advocate wrote: »
    Not many people on PSN, add me. PSN ID : Advocate125

Edit: If you guys want to make a team, how about the name Mechanica Arcadia. No offense but not too keen on naming a team wang or some such thing.

I think that name is fine. Do teams have a unique pallet option?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    It looks like there is a team pallet that can be set.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Ah whatever team name doesn't matter I guess... by the way I think the member limit is 20.

• Options
    I meant the Mechanica one being fine

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Eh, someone else can make a different team if they want, as long as we decide before doing too many missions. Since it'd be a waste of mission points.

So if you want mechania arcadia or whatever then just do it and post and we can hop over. Just should do it sooner rather then later.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElitistbElitistb Registered User regular
    Joined We Are Nice Guys, pilot name ElitistB, gamertag elitistb616

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Question: Did I lose out on anything by losing to the first AC battle against the guy with the 6 flaming chainsaws?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Elitistb wrote: »
    Question: Did I lose out on anything by losing to the first AC battle against the guy with the 6 flaming chainsaws?

I got skewered too, but I'm not sure.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Elitistb wrote: »

No clue. I've yet to see anything conclusive about that. I'm still not even sure what happened in my game as he, more or less, got stuck between a streetlight and building, slowly boosting forward and shooting at me. I kept boosting backwards as he crept to me, taking little to no damage and still possessing like 9/10's of my health, whittling him down to ~10,000 when the mission just goes dark and I'm on to the next one.

I didn't die, I didn't kill him, and I didn't fail. So who knows what's up with the first mission.

• Options
    I'm sure it's Japan being deep.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    I don't want to make the team. It frightens me. Someone else do it.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2012
    So my experience so far

"Good morning
    Main system
    Checking pilot data"

"Good morn..."

*Spend 10 minutes working out AC colors

"Network Connection Lost"

"Good morning
    Main system
    Checking pilot data"

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Eh, someone else can make a different team if they want, as long as we decide before doing too many missions. Since it'd be a waste of mission points.

So if you want mechania arcadia or whatever then just do it and post and we can hop over. Just should do it sooner rather then later.

Done.
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I don't want to make the team. It frightens me. Someone else do it.

And done.

Team Mechanica Arcadia is up, joining is free unless otherwise specified.

• Options
    Don't see it show up in search yet.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So my experience so far

"Good morning
    Main system
    Checking pilot data"

"Good morn..."

*Spend 10 minutes working out AC colors

"Network Connection Lost"

"Good morning
    Main system
    Checking pilot data"

The best part is that it's never morning.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    flapjackflapjack Registered User regular
    So it's been a long, long time since I've played an AC game but I'm strongly contemplating picking this up. Sounds like multiplayer is the way to go, and it looks like there are some cool dudes ready to throw down, which is pushing me more and more towards grabbing this.

• Options
    Oh god, this really is an AC game through and through. Insanely impossible bosses? YUP! "Hey, why don't you kill this insanely armored thing with a bajillion points of health! Oh yeah, it'll be shooting a dozen different guns at you at the same time too! Have Fun!"

• Options
    It looks like I'm going to be locked out of multiplayer/half of this game. :/

VayBJ4e.png