As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MINECRAFT: Important Server News In OP

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Baidol wrote: »
    Was Darkwood simply a dense forest or was it special because of super trees? I do not remember.

It was a dense forest of super trees that I was planting. I'd work on it in between other things but I'd rather not start it up again.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Do any of you remember the great fire in the Underdark? Staying up till 2 in the morning just putting out fires!

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    yup. the overlords are working on it <3

Figured as much.

I'm at work and only have my netbook, so i wouldn't be doing anything heavy.

Just want to see what happened.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    nuka wrote: »
    Was Darkwood simply a dense forest or was it special because of super trees? I do not remember.

It was a dense forest of super trees that I was planting. I'd work on it in between other things but I'd rather not start it up again.

I'm in love with the idea of a perma-night forest, so I'd move over there to fix it, if you don't want to.

Huntera on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Pony wrote: »
    welp

i'm probably going to move out of Darkwood then.

Shame too, I had plans for Nuka's former keep

fortunately I have a big island north of Darkwood (the one that is blank and lit up with torches on the render) that I had plans for anyway.

So I guess I'll build over there.

I don't know if you saw my post in the last thread, pony. I'm a total asshole and I started a pitmine over there. I didn't see your shelter and sign until I was like 20 blocks deep. I will totally help you clear it off and do what you want with it. Also, you are welcome to whatever materials I collected from the mine. it's all stored on the island.

oh

no it's fine i will just go somewhere else then.

I do have stuff in my shack that I want to grab, and if you felt like giving me some mats out of guiiiiiiilt I wouldn't be opposed by the idea.

I'll just find somewhere else.

God damn we need an updated render, ASAP

someone get in Bill's butt

Pony on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Huntera wrote: »
    nuka wrote: »

I'm in love with the idea of a perma-night forest, so I'd move over there to fix it, if you don't want to.

Sure, also you get a ton of logs tending the forest.

nuka on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Campion wrote: »
    Come on friends, you aren't going to let a little fire stop you, are you?

Put the fire out, replant the trees, get out some planks and patch it up. Good as new in no time!

Your optimistic tone has no place in this thread, mister.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Damn, I walked by darkwood a few times but never went in. Would have been nice to see.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    nuka did you want a new neighbor?

we made good neighbors

Pony on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Is the server likely going to be up soon? Getting kinda late British time, but I know if I sleep I'll miss all the rebuilding fun

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    welp

i'm probably going to move out of Darkwood then.

Shame too, I had plans for Nuka's former keep

fortunately I have a big island north of Darkwood (the one that is blank and lit up with torches on the render) that I had plans for anyway.

So I guess I'll build over there.

I don't know if you saw my post in the last thread, pony. I'm a total asshole and I started a pitmine over there. I didn't see your shelter and sign until I was like 20 blocks deep. I will totally help you clear it off and do what you want with it. Also, you are welcome to whatever materials I collected from the mine. it's all stored on the island.

oh

I do have stuff in my shack that I want to grab, and if you felt like giving me some mats out of guiiiiiiilt I wouldn't be opposed by the idea.

He's working on render stuff too right now.

nuka on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    things i need to clear out:

- stuff from the keep i inherited
    - stuff from my shack on the island/pit mine
    - stuff from my shop/deep mine

I am alright with rebuilding. Before SMP, i died enough times or got my house creeper'd or whatever that picking up my shit, finding a new place, and build anew isn't a great tragedy.

Pony on
  • Options
    divine willydivine willy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    oh

I'd be glad to give you whatever you need. Sorry again about the intrusion

divine willy on
    gametag-Crafticus
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    oh

I'd be glad to give you whatever you need. Sorry again about the intrusion

s'alright bro

i should've been more clear with signs and shit when i was claiming a whole dang island

i did put torches like, eeeeverywhere but torches aren't a property claim, next time i put signs

no big

i am looking forward to the next render, gonna find a sexy plot of land to call my own

Pony on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    GUYS I THOUGHT OF A COOL IDEA

i am going to lay the roads and community buildings down for a new village out in the wilderness

i already have a map laid out of a thing i was going to do in single-player, but i can do it in SMP a lot better!

when the roads are finished, there will plots of land of varying sizes within the village.

in each plot will be a blank sign. By picking up a blank sign (make sure it is blank) and placing it with your name on it, you have claimed that plot

we will build a community to recover from this tragedy.

Pony on
  • Options
    divine willydivine willy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    yes yes yes

divine willy on
    gametag-Crafticus
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    There is a shit ton of empty space to the Northeast.

nuka on
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It might be neat to have an actual house and not some underlake temple.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    server is up.

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I want to see how awesome my castle looks in a render

Shabooty on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Aw shit i hope I didn't uninstall Minecraft from here.

EDIT: Aw dogshit I did.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    how do you uninstall Minecraft

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    God damn, I spend 8 hours in slow traffic & a dang snow storm
    to come home to find out that someone burned down the (server) neighborhood.
    What a relatively crappy day.
    Do we have a clue to the culprit?
    Also, I don't think I'm down for a spawn maze, but it's your decision.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    ackack Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    what a twisted fire starter

ack on
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So, this was (potentially still is, I dunno if it was gotten by the fire or not) my house, I know pretty much everyone has higher priorities, but if someone could patch it up real quick with some dirt with a torch inside it would be really nice so I don't come back to creepers and looted chests, as I can't get on the server from school.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    AwkoAwko About to poison the waterhole.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm on it SLyM. From my house across the sand it looks like you didn't get hit though

Awko on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Sweet, thanks.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    how do you uninstall Minecraft

Because I have it on my home computer now and this little netbook just barely runs it well enough to walk around.

Tonkka on
  • Options
    AwkoAwko About to poison the waterhole.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    SLyM, your place is pristine.

Was it you?

Were you the firebug?

Awko on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    haha woops

Shabooty on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    That would require some actual terrain to load for me to set fire to.

But that sand patch did keep me from creating a catastrophe that time I accidentally burned down my house.

SLyM on
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hmmm. Tried to reconnect when I hit an unloaded chunk, and now I can't get back in.

In any case, someone keeps adding torches to my tunnel, and I keep having to take them out. If you want your torches back, find me when I can actually get on.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    All of my shit is burnt.

Blah

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    can't log back into server

what the hell

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    can't log in either

Pony on
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    pyro is not credit to team.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Server is still up, just the usual connection issues.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just died by falling from my new Mario flag on top of my castle. Unfortunately I ran into a chunk error in the tunnel between the spawn and my house and now I can't log back in. :( I lost like 30-something roses and some other stuff I can easily replace. :(

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    HEAR YE, HEAR YE

Unless there is serious objections, I have claimed the red outlined area on this map. I would prefer it if people NOT BUILD IN THIS AREA.
    TheNewCity.jpg
    My intention is to build a large, planned city in this space. I will not be building much in the way of buildings, I will be building infrastructure (Roads, lamp posts, some basic civic buildings, and my personal home of course).

When the zone is finished (I will announce as such in this thread!), the plots of land inside the city will be empty and marked with a blank sign in each plot. There will also be a Residents board in the City Hall where people will be able to put their name down as a resident.

To claim a plot of land, you merely need to visit the city (WHEN IT IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC) and find a plot of land with an empty sign. Remove the sign, and replace it with a written sign stating your name and ownership, and/or begin building in the plot. Also add your name to the list of Residents in the City Hall building.

Further information will follow.

Pony on
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Riale wrote: »
    jackal wrote: »
    It's pretty crazy. Strangely the griefer didn't burn down the pit stop.

Yeah, it was weird. It seemed to go only west/south. Also, I speculate that whoever was responsible may have been on the server right before it was shut down. Whoever has the house right next to spawn with the twin columns of lava encased in glass. That house was fine (Fire was farther west). Then, I went to another nearby house to extinguish fires, and when I came back the lava columns had pieces of the glass missing and the whole floor was gone to the fire. There's no way it spread that quickly (hadn't even hit the wood bridge yet) and it's not like the fire would have taken the glass out. However, I didn't see anyone nearby so no idea who could have been responsible.

That house is mine, as long as nothing was stolen/broken only the floors and my bed would be gone so that's not too bad. I'm sorry to hear about all this :(

Aeyther on
This discussion has been closed.