As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MINECRAFT: Important Server News In OP

• Options
    apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    shit, aeyther i loved your house. it looked awesome :(

apricotmuffins on
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    shit, aeyther i loved your house. it looked awesome :(

Thanks!

I'm kinda glad now that I accidentally burned it down the first time and decided to make the walls out of something less flammable than wood.

Aeyther on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So the server I usually play on seems to be down at present, could I possibly get an invite to the SE++ server? I know the rules, just haven't played there yet.

Also if anyone has made a marked-up cartograph map showing settled areas (Like Pony did for his proposed development), so I know where I can build without encroaching on anyone's territory, that'd be super-cool.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Of course right when I send Nuka a message asking to join the server everything goes to shit and I can't join. :(

dbrock270 on
  • Options
    TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Quetion for CJ, would you mind if I altered your boosters to be two-way self-resetting?

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Itd be cool if spawn fell out of use. Then I could live in my fortress on the outskirts of a blasted hellscape. It would rock.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I was going to ask if anyone remembered with the North Road looked like, but there isn't really a north road. There's a stone tunnel who's entrance is blocked for some reason followed by a wood bridge that may have had a roof at some point?

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    Baidol wrote: »
    I was going to ask if anyone remembered with the North Road looked like, but there isn't really a north road. There's a stone tunnel who's entrance is blocked for some reason followed by a wood bridge that may have had a roof at some point?

the entrance is blocked?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

the entrance is blocked?

The stone tunnel thing's entrance at spawn is obstructed by something. Someone carved out a piece of the wall so you can get in and out, but it is not obvious.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    so I guess the fix for the griefing was to get rid of all lava and fire above a particular level?

that took out 224 lava springs I had stored

god damn it

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Pony wrote: »
    HEAR YE, HEAR YE

Unless there is serious objections, I have claimed the red outlined area on this map. I would prefer it if people NOT BUILD IN THIS AREA.
    TheNewCity.jpg
    My intention is to build a large, planned city in this space. I will not be building much in the way of buildings, I will be building infrastructure (Roads, lamp posts, some basic civic buildings, and my personal home of course).

When the zone is finished (I will announce as such in this thread!), the plots of land inside the city will be empty and marked with a blank sign in each plot. There will also be a Residents board in the City Hall where people will be able to put their name down as a resident.

To claim a plot of land, you merely need to visit the city (WHEN IT IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC) and find a plot of land with an empty sign. Remove the sign, and replace it with a written sign stating your name and ownership, and/or begin building in the plot. Also add your name to the list of Residents in the City Hall building.

Further information will follow.

Pony, I would love to set up a franchise for my nationally-acclaimed paranormal investigations and eliminations company in New City.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ok so since I apparently picked the wrong day to want to start playing on the server, I'd like to get on a waiting list or whatever for when the lockdown ends.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    iammattpleeveeiammattpleevee Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I can contribute to rebuilding if anyone needs help. I have a decent supply of cobble and a okay size tree farm.

iammattpleevee on
    SteamID iammattpleevee@aol.com
    Battle.net: Matt 3999 or iammattpleevee@gmail.com
    PSN?: iammattpleevee
    life-before-google.jpg
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    3dRLC.png

someone got my castle creepered

man, all that snow

Shabooty on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Wait am I completely alone in Darkwood now?

Also does anybody remember the original great fire? During the big LP last year when notch made an update that suddenly made lava set things on fire. It took out a whole valley and half the keep we had set up.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Guys what has been happening in minecraft since I last played

It was like

Probably not long before SE got its own server and we were all playing on Underdark

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    loads better

like, so much better you would not believe

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Ok so since I apparently picked the wrong day to want to start playing on the server, I'd like to get on a waiting list or whatever for when the lockdown ends.

It's not locked-down. You just can't use fire or lava. Now's a GOOD time to start playing because it means your stuff won't get destroyed by an arson!

TankHammer on
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Wait, you can't use fire or lava? I know Bill removed the lava and obsidian above a certain Y value, but I hope it's not banned, because I've already replaced the lava rings in my temple >_>

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    loads better

like, so much better you would not believe

Different coloured wools I see! Nifty.

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    TankHammer wrote: »

It's not locked-down. You just can't use fire or lava. Now's a GOOD time to start playing because it means your stuff won't get destroyed by an arson!

Last I asked, they were telling me not to give out the IP to anyone until everyting's ship shape and backed up. This was a few hours ago.

edit: and i logged out to get a chunk to reload and now i can't even log in to minecraft.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    TheExAm wrote: »

Last I asked, they were telling me not to give out the IP to anyone until everyting's ship shape and backed up. This was a few hours ago.

edit: and i logged out to get a chunk to reload and now i can't even log in to minecraft.

Oh, well if you don't have the server IP then you're out of luck. Sorry.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Nah, minecraft.net is down.

Do yourselves a favor and don't log out.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    oh whoops I just logged out with the intent of coming right back in

"end of stream" it's saying

well, I'll go to sleep then

I can see whether my 29x29 mob harvester is working properly in the morning

of course I realized after I finished the main disposal chute that I should have designed it around a 2x2 system so it won't harvest spiders right now. Oh well, I'll redo a lower level's design and then the actual kill room to be wider later on. As long as you have two bows (one in your quickbar and the other safe at home in a chest) and a fishing pole you don't really need more string.

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    My internet cut out : (

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I sent iammattpleevee a new skin today after our little conversation we had while chopping down the remains of the torched, northern woods.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Heya been busy with wow for a while but was wondering if I could get the new IP from someone. I know there have been some arsonists running around but I think some people will remember me from the last itteration of the server and know I am trustworthy.

Phasen on
    psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I sent iammattpleevee a new skin today after our little conversation we had while chopping down the remains of the torched, northern woods.

Oh no, how far north?

My wall abode is right by Mr. Monroe's.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    If the red arrow on spawn points north, then those woods were East, I think.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Tonkka wrote: »

Oh no, how far north?

incidentally, I've been hitting what look like exploratory mine shafts around my place recently

dunno who it is, just precautionary

If you break through into a very large, dark cavern near there

check for signs of it being non-natural

jess gwon head and board it back up

if you survive the mobs, that is

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Phasen wrote: »
    Heya been busy with wow for a while but was wondering if I could get the new IP from someone. I know there have been some arsonists running around but I think some people will remember me from the last itteration of the server and know I am trustworthy.

I totally remember you but the IP freeze is for everyone.

It's only temporary guys so just be patient.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    MrMonroe wrote: »

Oh no, how far north?

incidentally, I've been hitting what look like exploratory mine shafts around my place recently

Oh, that is more than likely my doing.

I broke through somewhere and ended up in your mighty domain, very confused about where I was. I turned around and there was my home.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    MrMonroe wrote: »

Oh no, how far north?

Oh, that is more than likely my doing.

I broke through somewhere and ended up in your mighty domain, very confused about where I was. I turned around and there was my home.
    yeah, I broke into it at some point, too. Tried to seal it up, I think. Maybe not.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Alrighty guess ill have to piddle around in single player for a few days :)

Phasen on
    psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It's ok. I do not live in the mines, I just explore them. I do need to clear out the unused basement areas and install some sort of failsafe mechanism to prevent mobs from ascending from the depths. (not that that is likely with the 3x3 stair shafts anyway, but I wouldn't mind trapping an unwitting human player)

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    minecraft.net is back up, folks

Pony on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

the entrance is blocked?

The stone tunnel thing's entrance at spawn is obstructed by something. Someone carved out a piece of the wall so you can get in and out, but it is not obvious.

The tunnel's entrance is blocked by several blocks of black wool, two pink wool and a couple pumpkins. I assume the griefer stole them from someone's house and left them there.

jackal on
  • Options
    iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    man i was doing some nifty things with lava in my base and had stored up quite a bit of it.

Now it's just, gone.

EDIT: by nifty I mean making traps where you die horribly but still, at least I wasn't burning stuff down.

iamthepieman on
  • Options
    apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i will give out some very limited lava springs to people who worship me (and have played on the server a while and i KNOW are nice people)

edit: I.e: pie

apricotmuffins on
  • Options
    iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Thanks Muffins!

I understand the reasoning but i used lava for some cool lighting in my caves and tunnels. Is there anyway to limit lava to certain users or possibly limit fire instead of lava?

iamthepieman on
This discussion has been closed.