As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MINECRAFT: Important Server News In OP

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    what are some good visual mods

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I was going to make it home finally and I got booted.

Dammit.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    it's a shame but they got them some repairs or otherwise

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    alsagoofyfoolalsagoofyfool Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    EnglishBob wrote: »
    I've been logged in for an hour or so, logged off 2 minutes ago now I can't get back on :/

*Edit* TOTP

6a00d8341bf7f753ef0134828c87a3970c-800wi

Chunk error innit

i lolled SO hard

alsagoofyfool on
  • Options
    MuhahahahahaMuhahahahaha Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well derp

Made the mistake of logging out to fix a gaping chunk error in my tunnel and now i can't get back in

Why you gots to torture me minecraft

Muhahahahaha on
  • Options
    TwixxoTwixxo the Lovebot Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I cannot get back in either. Looks like minecraft.net is having issues again

Twixxo on
    TNBNcdc.gif
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    haha wow

I would have just idled in the cactus farm if I'd known

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    iammattpleeveeiammattpleevee Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So something of interest. Minecraft black screened on me and task manager said it was using 1.2m+ K's of memory or cpu ram or what task scheduler measures.

iammattpleevee on
    SteamID iammattpleevee@aol.com
    Battle.net: Matt 3999 or iammattpleevee@gmail.com
    PSN?: iammattpleevee
    life-before-google.jpg
  • Options
    AkootAkoot Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I have been playing this recently with friends on a server I'm hosting. We created a nice, well protected walled town. Then they got bored or something, none of them want to play anymore.

I'd love to play on this server if possible, I haven't posted in a while, today is my first visit back to the forum in a while actually. I hope that doesn't hurt my chances.

Hope to play with you all soon.

Edit: Apparently I can't read, OP says not to give the IP out right now, so this is now just me showing interest, not crying for the IP!

Akoot on
  • Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So something of interest. Minecraft black screened on me and task manager said it was using 1.2m+ K's of memory or cpu ram or what task scheduler measures.

Its common for minecraft to take up to or over a GB of ram all by itself. Minecraft is way more system intensive then it appears to be based on the graphics.

t akoot: I will be keeping a list of people who want to play, and when we have bukkit up and running I will shoot you a PM with the IP and rules.

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ultimakay wrote: »

Its common for minecraft to take up to or over a GB of ram all by itself. Minecraft is way more system intensive then it appears to be based on the graphics.

t akoot: I will be keeping a list of people who want to play, and when we have bukkit up and running I will shoot you a PM with the IP and rules.

Just in case my post was missed last night, I would like to be on this list. Thanks for doing that.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Raiden333 wrote: »

Just in case my post was missed last night, I would like to be on this list. Thanks for doing that.

I saw you were posting but I missed that you asked for the IP, I will add you to the list.

Edit: If you would like the receive the IP when bukkit goes up you can PM me and I will add you to the list of people I will be sending it out to when we get bukkit.

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • Options
    AkootAkoot Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Thanks, not sure why I didn't get involved sooner really!

Akoot on
  • Options
    TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    SERVER DOWN!

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • Options
    alsagoofyfoolalsagoofyfool Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    oh noes!

alsagoofyfool on
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fixing it.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Good nuka, best admin

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Alright I'm getting tired of it.

I don't care if you don't like someone's structure, you don't get to be rude and decide it should go away. I will talk to the person about their stuff, but until then just keep your mouth shut and deal with it. =/

No more chewing people out for making something you don't like. We don't need to start chasing people away because we're suddenly uppity. Sometimes people are just really bad at designing stuff!

EDIT: Yeah I saw that sign at spawn. Totally not amused. You guys have been great so far but this starts making you guys act like spoiled children you won't get to build here anymore.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    shit, that sign was me

totally dick move, im so sorry, you're right.

Im usually so nice, i think i've been bitten by the bitch bug the past few days D:

apricotmuffins on
  • Options
    AwkoAwko About to poison the waterhole.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Did we have a rollback at any point in the past day?

I had completed the hull of my ship but now it's reverted to where I was at when the server backed up.

Awko on
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So what, generally, is the type of "projects" you like to work on? I never have enough Iron to make a minecart railway, so I usually end up building huge underground homes with farms lit by torches & lava.

Curly_Brace on
  • Options
    apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    huge underground homes are great, projects are up to the individual really, some people are just exploring and mining, some people building epic stuff, some people modest, some people building infrastructure. And one crazy person (sarukun) wants to make a huge mural, creepers be damned.

Theres several underground roadways/subways/canals in progress. if you want to use them to find a nice spot for an underground home and attatch it to it, thats also very welcome.

apricotmuffins on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Awko wrote: »
    Did we have a rollback at any point in the past day?

I had completed the hull of my ship but now it's reverted to where I was at when the server backed up.

Yeah there was a rollback last night because the server crashed. It went back 2-3 hours, I'd guess.

Muhahahahaha on
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    guys can I get a link of the latest render?

Depressperado on
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Looks like the last one was still the Jan 31st one.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    yeah but I don't know how to get to it, the one on bill's site is old as heck like, doesn't have any of the roads on it or anything

Depressperado on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    You can sift through his archives by date and find it. I plugged one into zoom.it, and it looks like nobody had done those yet. I'll link it when they're done processing, I guess.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The Cheat, your "Safehouse" is a fucking death trap

a sample of what awaits me at all four of the doors to your place
    20110209100703.png

20110209101057.png

Muhahahahaha on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I built a couple copies of that safehouse, and that problem occurred to me. I decided, hey, you're safe until you leave. That's the most you can ask.

Seriously though, the options are probably escape tunnel, or cactus, or both.

edit: cactus probably isn't a great idea... "hey, I'm almost dead, time to run through a field of cactus!"

jackal on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    They just want to be your friend.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I ain't being no friends with some peeping toms. I could be changing in that safehouse.

Duke 2.0 on
    VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Day.

Night.

Those are over a week old, though.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    To facilitate group cohesiveness, we should have a fresh start and turn up the monster spawning rate to encourage group cooperation by forcing us to live together in dark, ugly huts.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    jackal wrote: »
    I built a couple copies of that safehouse, and that problem occurred to me. I decided, hey, you're safe until you leave. That's the most you can ask.

Seriously though, the options are probably escape tunnel, or cactus, or both.

edit: cactus probably isn't a great idea... "hey, I'm almost dead, time to run through a field of cactus!"

did you have the wherewithal at least to build the doors so you can shoot arrows out of them?

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't know. I always place them from outside at least.

jackal on
  • Options
    iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just thought of a great idea for a trap safehouse.

Build a safehouse with a suspended ceiling. Above the suspended ceiling make it pitch black so monsters spawn there but put some doors controlled by a floor plate so that when you go into the basement (where helpful signs will point you to the free cake) the doors open and release the monsters into the upper floor. So when you come back upstairs to leave.

Death!

iamthepieman on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    jackal wrote: »
    I don't know. I always place them from outside at least.

that is the proper method, yes

otherwise skeletons can shoot in at you and you cannot return fire

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    nuka wrote: »
    Alright I'm getting tired of it.

I don't care if you don't like someone's structure, you don't get to be rude and decide it should go away. I will talk to the person about their stuff, but until then just keep your mouth shut and deal with it. =/

No more chewing people out for making something you don't like. We don't need to start chasing people away because we're suddenly uppity. Sometimes people are just really bad at designing stuff!

EDIT: Yeah I saw that sign at spawn. Totally not amused. You guys have been great so far but this starts making you guys act like spoiled children you won't get to build here anymore.

Excuse me, but as I recall there was a big stink from some people about my pixel art mural, and I very happily agreed to build it away from spawn so not everyone would have to look at it.

Spawn is a place everyone has to be at some point; it is as close to communal property as it gets in Minecraft, and if a bunch of people don't like something, I don't see any reason why they should have to be subjected to it every time they happen to die or visit Bob or what have you. No one is asking anybody not to build something; only that they not build it there.

I don't know what the signs are all about, I haven't put any down or seen any, but it seems like a bit of an over-reaction to something that's easily removed from the game world. Better they express their discontent that way than through taking down the structure. At least they're trying to have dialog about it, even if they're being snarky assholes.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    phasersuicide.gif

Depressperado on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That guy had the best facial expressions.

The whole first quarter of that film is just dominated by him making weird faces.

sarukun on
This discussion has been closed.