As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends]Why did Riot servers go down for ten hours on patch day? For rest.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Repost of patch notes because they got botp'd
    New Skins in the Store
    Totemic Maokai
    Charred Maokai
    Longhorn Alistar

PVP.net v1.29.23
    Created a new UI flow for joining games of all types
    Updated the Friend List UI
    Runes are now stacked in the Summoner profile
    A new game mode approaches: Co-op vs. AI!
    This mode pits a team of all human players against a team of all AI bots on Summoner's Rift.
    This mode is supported by matchmaking, and allows summoners to join the queue solo or with friends.
    Summoners may choose between two AI bot difficulty settings: Beginner or Intermediate.
    IP and XP rewards are earned, and adjusted based on summoner level and difficulty setting.
    The following bots are enabled for Co-op vs. AI:
    Annie
    Ashe
    Cho'Gath
    Miss Fortune
    Nunu
    Renekton
    Ryze
    Shen
    Soraka
    Taric
    Trundle
    Warwick
    Coop versus AI will be available to play in the coming days after the patch goes live, but not on release day.

XP & IP Rate Changes
    We have completely overhauled the IP and XP system in order to make it more fair. Our intention was to leave the overall XP and IP gained by players unchanged.
    Previously, IP and XP were awarded for winning or losing a game. Now, they are granted based on how long the game was, and whether you won or lost.
    In a long game, you will make significantly more XP and IP than before. However, in a very short game, you will make less IP and XP. We found it frustrating to be stuck in an hour long games, and then get what was effectively 30 minutes of IP reward.
    When calculating the number of minutes the game took, we only award for actual game time. However, we give all games a small fixed bonus reward, which is to give you credit for time in queue and champion selection.
    Other details:
    We have also tweaked the formulas so that new players get larger quantities of IP in their first 10 or so levels so that they can unlock their first Champions more quickly.
    First Win of the Day remains unchanged – it is still a flat bonus you will receive when you are eligible.
    We removed the no-leave-streak bonus and increased the IP rewards in general to compensate. The reason we did this is because we felt that with the new LeaverBuster system, this was no longer necessary.

League of Legends v1.0.0.111
    Maokai, the Twisted Treant
    Sap Magic (passive): Each time a champion near Maokai casts a spell, he gains a charge of Magical Sap. When he has 5 charges, Maokai's next melee attack drains energy from his target, healing him for a percentage of his maximum HP.
    Arcane Smash: Maokai slams the ground, the force of which knocks nearby enemies back and sends an arcane shockwave forward, damaging and slowing his enemies.
    Twisted Advance: Maokai dissolves into a cloud of arcane energies. He regrows near a target enemy, dealing damage and rooting it in place.
    Sapling Toss: Maokai hurls a sapling, dealing damage on impact. The sapling becomes implanted in the ground, warding a nearby area. When enemies approach, the sapling attacks, exploding in an arcane blast that damages enemies.
    Vengeful Maelstrom (ultimate): Maokai shields his allies by drawing power from hostile spells and attacks, reducing non-tower damage done to allied champions in the area. Maokai can prolong the effect as long as he has mana to spend on it. When the effect ends, Maokai unleashes the absorbed energy to deal damage to enemies within the vortex.

Akali
    Fixed a bug where the sound of Mark of the Assassin could persist after her target died

Amumu
    Base damage increased to 47 from 45
    Base armor increased to 18 from 15
    Tantrum passive physical damage reduction increased to 2/4/6/8/10 from 1/2/3/4/5
    Despair mana cost reduced to 8 from 10 at all levels
    Despair now has a new particle to match the area of effect

Anivia
    Fixed a bug where Flashfrost stunned for 0.75 seconds instead of 1 second as the tooltip stated
    Fixed a bug where unlike other skillshots, Flashfrost could not be cast from out of range
    Glacial Storm
    Initial mana cost increased to 100/150/200 from 25/35/45
    Cost per second reduced to 40/50/60 from 50/70/90
    Slow duration reduced to 1 second from 2.5
    Rebirth
    Armor/magic resist modifier changed to -40/-25/-10/5/20 from -40/-20/10/40
    Rebirth now always shows the passive in the passive slot, and an additional buff in the buff bar with the current status (ready, active, or on cooldown)

Dr. Mundo
    Fixed a bug where Infected Cleaver's PvP.net description was incorrect

Fiddlesticks
    Base magic resistance reduced to 30 from 35

Irelia
    Fixed a bug where the Transcendent Blades cooldown tooltip was incorrect

Spirit Bond now properly assigns assist markers to allies that receive the haste bonus
    Fixed a bug where Spirit Bond would break friendly spell shields and not apply the haste bonus
    Fixed a display bug where Spirit Bond's beam would appear at Karma's feet for enemy players

Kog'Maw
    Fixed a display bug with Bio-Arcane Barrage attacks on several skins

LeBlanc
    Fixed a bug where the sound of Sigil of Silence could persist after her target died

Nasus
    Fixed a bug where attack damage granted by Fury of the Sands was not showing in your stats/character sheet
    Fury of the Sands now updates the buff tooltip to explicitly state how much attack damage granted

Olaf
    Fixed a bug where Undertow could hit the same target twice

Pantheon
    Heartseeker Strike now deals damage slower - it takes 0.5 seconds longer to deal full damage
    Grand Skyfall now has a small area near the center that deals full damage (previously it was impossible to deal full damage to any target)

Rammus
    Powerball speed reduced by about 15%

Renekton
    Fixed a bug where Slice and Dice would remember your order after casting, causing him to move toward previous locations

Ryze
    Overload
    Cooldown reduced to 3.5 from 11/10/9/8/7
    Base Damage reduced to 30/55/80/105/130 from 50/90/130/170/210
    Mana cost changed to 70/70/70/70/70 from 30/65/80/95/110
    Missile speed increased to 1400 from 1200
    Ability power ratio decreased to .2 from .45
    Range increased to 675 from 600
    Rune Prison
    No longer deals damage per tick and deals 60/95/130/165/200 damage up front (down from 80/120/160/200/240 over the duration)
    Ability power ratio changed to a flat .6 from .4/.6/.8/1/1.2 (depending on snare duration)
    Now deals 5% of Ryze's maximum mana in bonus damage
    Cast range increased to 625 from 600
    Duration reduced to 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 from 1.2/1.5/1.8/2.1/2.4
    Spell flux
    Ability power ratio per hit reduced to .35 from .38
    Cooldown increased to 14 from 9
    Mana cost reduced to 60/75/90/105/120 from 60/80/100/120/140
    Cast range increased to 675 from 625
    Base damage reduced to 50/70/90/110/130
    Desperate Power
    No longer grants ability power but now grants 15% spell vamp
    Area of effect damage percentage reduced to 50% from 65%
    Cooldown changed to 70/60/50 from 50/50/50
    Duration changed to 5/6/7 from 8
    Now grants a passive 75/150/225 mana
    General
    Reduced base magic resistance to 30 from 35
    Fixed a bug where Ryze's base mana regen did not get updated properly during the previous patch's revamp

Sivir
    Boomerang Blade
    Damage reduction to each subsequent target increased to 20% from 10%
    Now scales from bonus attack damage instead of total attack damage
    Base damage increased to 75/120/165/210/255 from 20/70/120/170/220
    Attack damage ratio increased to .95 from .75

Tryndamere
    Fixed a bug where Undying Rage could not be used while suppressed

Vladimir
    Crimson Pact Bonus ability power gained reduced to 1 ability power per 40 bonus health from 25 health
    Sanguine Pool no longer grants a speed bonus on use
    Fixed a bug where Turrets would sometimes idle while Vladimir was pooled
    Fixed a bug where Sanguine Pool would occasionally not properly draw aggro upon exiting his pool

Zilean
    Base magic resistance reduced to 30 from 35

Items
    Fixed a bug where Vampiric Scepter improperly showed it could build into Malady
    Sight Wards and Wriggle's Lantern wards now have a green top
    Vision Wards now have a pink top
    Doran's Shield
    Fixed a bug where it said it provided 9 armor but actually provided 8
    Armor increased to 10 from 8
    Health regen per 5 seconds reduced to 8 from 10
    Frozen Heart
    Combine cost reduced to 650 from 800
    Cooldown reduction decreased to 20% from 25%
    Glacial Shroud
    Combine Cost reduced to 425 from 575
    Cooldown reduction decreased to 15% from 20%
    Ionian Boots of Lucidity cost increased to 700 from 550
    Quicksilver Sash magic resistance increased to 56 from 48
    Randuin's Omen cooldown reduction decreased to 5% from 8%
    Spirit Visage cooldown reduction decreased to 10% from 12%
    Soul Shroud cooldown aura reduced to 10% from 15%
    New Item: Morello's Evil Tome
    Builds out of Fiendish Codex and Blasting Wand (Total Cost of 2350)
    +75 ability power
    +12 mana regeneration per 5
    UNIQUE passive: 15% cooldown reduction

General
    Added a new UI to better convey Shields on the health bar.
    Surrender time on Summoner's Rift reduced to 20 minutes from 25
    Surrender time on Twisted Treeline reduced to 15 minutes from 17
    Smite now deals true damage instead of magic damage
    Updated tooltips for Akali, Annie, Ashe, Caitlyn, Cassiopeia, Jax, Malphite, Rammus, Singed, and Zilean

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    StokedUpStokedUp Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Haha wow I just bought Tryndamere and started playing him recently. I always cursed good warwick and malzahar players but now it seems I won't have to!

Do any of you Tryndamere players buy a defensive item after your core? I like to get some mr or armour after I get my infinity edge so I last a little longer before I have to use ult.

edit: new surrender time is also kindof nice.

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gamertag(SSF4/MW2)StokedAidzzzSC2 ID Stoked.655
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Man this will make figuring out when to smite so much easier and will make jungling in general a lot easier. So good.

I don't like them nerfing Doran Shield HP regen, it seems they really don't want people to start with Doran items anymore, so I question why they are even in the game. I mean I never buy Doran Blade as a starting item anymore on any champion, that won't change, now I might not get the shield either. So that leaves Doran Ring as the lone viable Doran item, yay...

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    really like that new AP CDR item because I am so fucking terrible at using DFG properly.

I am disappoint
    The cheaper cost is also nice.

The issue is that the main champions I find myself getting it on are Ryze (who I use it okay on) and Lux (who I feel needs to get too close to use it properly sometimes).
    OremLK wrote: »
    Man this will make figuring out when to smite so much easier and will make jungling in general a lot easier. So good.

I don't like them nerfing Doran Shield HP regen, it seems they really don't want people to start with Doran items anymore, so I question why they are even in the game. I mean I never buy Doran Blade as a starting item anymore on any champion, that won't change, now I might not get the shield either. So that leaves Doran Ring is the lone viable Doran item, yay...
    You say that, but you also sneer at Ashe players who arrive in mid without an HP item when they're against your Trist. What item do you suggest they get to avoid getting gibbed at 6?

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I am really unmoved by these Ryze changes. They don't seem particularly good. However, they don't mention that his passive has changed, which means presumably the new combo is overload ult overload rune prison overload spell flux overload OVERLOAD OVERLOADDDDDDDD
    Fixed a bug where Undying Rage could not be used while suppressed

Yep, I said this was true but nobody believed meeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    New Item: Morello's Evil Tome
    Builds out of Fiendish Codex and Blasting Wand (Total Cost of 2350)
    +75 ability power
    +12 mana regeneration per 5
    UNIQUE passive: 15% cooldown reduction

AY LAIK DIS

this is exactly how i feel, the overload change looks kinda fun but otherwise i'm like... blurgh... i won't kill people instantly? thats not fun

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Nice, so the AI will be going live very soon. Shweet! I see a lot of friends coming back to play.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Legen DairyLegen Dairy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Those Ryze changes look a little more like a nerf than a buff/rework to me.

Legen Dairy on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    overload can be used as frequently as transfusion and it has more range than caitlyn.

gonna buy ryze tomorrow

unintentional on
  • Options
    IncognitoEsqIncognitoEsq TexasRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Desperate Power

* No longer grants ability power but now grants 15% spell vamp

I don't play Ryze but I'm gonna go ahead and say that this is not a good thing. Other than that I'm liking this patch

IncognitoEsq on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    overload can be used as frequently as transfusion and it has more range than caitlyn.

gonna buy ryze tomorrow
    Overload now has a not inconsequential mana cost.

If you felt he had mana issues in the past

Well

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Desperate Power

* No longer grants ability power but now grants 15% spell vamp

I don't play Ryze but I'm gonna go ahead and say that this is not a good thing. Other than that I'm liking this patch

Mostly good yeah. They seemed to have stayed true to the idea of the Ryze mage carry. I mean...you're giving up the roflstomp combo at the early phases for a much larger team fight presence later. Will be interesting to see how it works out, he'll probably be about the same though.

Loving that smite change, and really happy to see those Mu changes, looks like he might actually be able to lane now.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Spectrum wrote: »

gonna buy ryze tomorrow
    Overload now has a not inconsequential mana cost.

If you felt he had mana issues in the past

Well

gonna get me a chalice
    gonna spam some shit

unintentional on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Those Ryze changes look a little more like a nerf than a buff/rework to me

Nah I don't think it's a straight up nerf.

Note that:

on overload, plus missile speed increase and range increase. So given how often you could fire it before, this will more than double the number of overloads I'm shooting.

Rune Prison is no longer railed by olaf's ult and merc treads / cleanse. Which is nice. Makes it more dependable. Scaling with mana should more than make up for the loss of ap ratio, because in practice you mostly only got 0.8 out of it when hitting somebody with merc treads so 0.6 isn't to big a hit

Also the cooldown increase on spell flux should be ameliorated by the number of overloads + his passive

However in practice this may be screwed by his cast times.
    gonna get me a chalice
    gonna spam some shit

If you buy chalice on ryze I will ovarypunch you

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Constrictor, if it makes you feel better (it makes me feel better) that Ezreal (Mad Life) was 1880 Solo Q Elo :(

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ryze gon get his drank on

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Those Ryze changes look a little more like a nerf than a buff/rework to me

Nah I don't think it's a straight up nerf.

Note that:

on overload, plus missile speed increase and range increase. So given how often you could fire it before, this will more than double the number of overloads I'm shooting.

Rune Prison is no longer railed by olaf's ult and merc treads / cleanse. Which is nice. Makes it more dependable. Scaling with mana should more than make up for the loss of ap ratio, because in practice you mostly only got 0.8 out of it when hitting somebody with merc treads so 0.6 isn't to big a hit

Also the cooldown increase on spell flux should be ameliorated by the number of overloads + his passive

However in practice this may be screwed by his cast times.
    gonna get me a chalice
    gonna spam some shit

If you buy chalice on ryze I will ovarypunch you
    what is your mana plan then? tear + catalyst?

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Anything that gives you mana
    Just

don't buy chalice

don't do ittttttttttttttttt

He is literally the number one champion to maximise mana pool on while ignoring regen

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    There's probably no single champion that killed me as many times as Morde. That's depressing, come to think of it.

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    6xcatalyst ryze is op

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Just

don't buy chalice

He is literally the number one champion to maximise mana pool on while ignoring regen

alrighty

I suppose his new ultimate gives him about seven bonus ability power per archangel staff :P

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    when is cassiopeia going to get in on this innate spell vamp thing

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

sexism at work my friends

sexism at work

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

sexism at work my friends

sexism at work

morgana.jpg

unintentional on
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    oh wow that evil book item owns

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    CelethangCelethang Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Person that mentioned being sick of some of the streamers, TreeEskimo is finally streaming a bit.

Celethang on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    TO THE JUNGLE!
    JUNGLEMORD.jpg

Oh, how I stomped them. I stomped them with my metal toes and bits and things.

KimChi died in mid against their Trynd (solo mid). So I walked in after only having completed my mini golems and wraiths. Tryn thought he would spin at me to win. But he can only spin for like 1 second, so he did not win. I won. Then I wandered back in the jungle to continue as KimChi returned from the afterlife.

Then the stomping continued, et cetera.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Overnight Patch thoughts:
    • Glacial Shroud/Frozen Heart: Dropping 300g in the whole recipe for 5% CDR seems like a fair trade.
    • Morello's Evil Tome feels strictly superior to Nashor's Tooth - for 500g you lose 50% AS and 10% CDR while gaining 20 AP and 2 manaregen/5, so besides Taric and Kayle which AP champs are really hurting for attack speed? An Elixir of Brilliance can cover the CDR difference twice in the match and give a nice AP bonus to boot. I'm not clamoring for it, but Stinger/Nashor's Tooth might be on their way out in the future.
    • Look at that initial Glacial Storm mana cost and slow duration; laning against her post-6 should be less intimidating now.
    • Jungle Amumu deserves a closer look post-patch.
    • Ryze's Overload has a base cooldown of 3.5sec; this goes as low as 2.1sec with max CDR...now add in his passive, which drops 1sec per spell cast...

Zoelef on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Spectrum wrote: »
    You say that, but you also sneer at Ashe players who arrive in mid without an HP item when they're against your Trist. What item do you suggest they get to avoid getting gibbed at 6?

That's the problem, isn't it? I don't like the Doran changes at all. It puts players in a position without good choices. I've actually started buying a Ruby Crystal on some champions just because if I'm not going to be able to get a health potion, why not? At least it builds into something useful later.

I don't see how crushing early health regeneration in lane improves games.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    New item is pretty ho-hum.

Would prefer to see things to spice up laning phase.
    Or at least things with interesting abilities.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    more items with actives

so many items in dota had actives man

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah more actives would be cool. They can be tricky to balance though.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Just

don't buy chalice

singed, you peasant.

I look forward to all the ryze scum I will plow through this week. no more bonus ap on his ult? overload got destroyed, o you think it's a buff? what you gonna level orverload over spell flux now? I welcome it.

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Celethang wrote: »
    Person that mentioned being sick of some of the streamers, TreeEskimo is finally streaming a bit.

Watching the first 5-10 minutes of this match reinforces two of my hypotheses on team composition:

1.) Singed duo is strongest if your lanemate has a stun, heal, and/or shield. Singed will take a boatload of harass anytime he approaches the creeps becase he has zero ranged harass and it's always telegraphed so he needs some sort of cover.
    2.) If your team doesn't have a Taric, Janna, or Zilean, grab one. Soraka definitely has niche uses (especially as a counterpick to mage-heavy teams, or just Karthus's ultimate) and I have no idea how well Karma fills this role.

Zoelef on
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    more items with actives

so many items in dota had actives man

eh, dota had so many active items because there was no ability scaling. Too many active items in LoL could be tricky.

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    what you gonna level orverload over spell flux now? I welcome it.

I level overload first in about 50% of games anyway.

If you had a clue it gave you just as good deeps :)

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    It also reminds me that Tree loses just as much as I do (at least when he streams), yes!

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    This game is painful to watch

OremLK on
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The problem with the new item is that it does nothing and costs like 700 gold to do it.
    Champs that want CDR and MP5 go get blue buff and hit cap.

Now, say it had an active that reduced your cooldowns by a few seconds instead... that would be interesting.

Edit: Yeah, poor Tree. I just couldn't watch any more...

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I don't know why his team even fought over that dragon when Tree was farming top (4v5) and there is no way they could win even if it was a full 5 on 5 teamfight. The only possible way they could catch up is turtling and farming.

That's the kind of mistake you see in my low Elo games

OremLK on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    The problem with the new item is that it does nothing and costs like 700 gold to do it.
    Champs that want CDR and MP5 go get blue buff and hit cap.

Edit: Yeah, poor Tree. I just couldn't watch any more...

Yup just make sure everyone has blue buff and you're all set.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
This discussion has been closed.