As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fox/adult Disney animation] Krapopolis is apparently appropriately named

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    skeldare wrote: »
    That's cool and all but damn just give us more Futurama episodes

I really would like a Futurama spinoff--I don't think you can go much further with Fry and Leela, but there's certainly more room for Zapp, Mom, Elzar, and other side characters.

Ehhhh never make the wacky side characters the leads. That's how Joey and Pirates of the Caribbean 4 happen.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Geez, they're going all out for the Futurama app.

https://youtu.be/1gDcZ4tTG3o

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Futurama app's up.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Futurama app's up.

Was actually up last night. Looks to be pretty similar to the Family Guy city builder. But hopefully better.

Edit: Better in terms of quality, not bullshit. The bullshit stuff is still there. For example, 2 "premium currency" characters are currently available
    Calculon, for 300
    Hyper-Chicken, for 150

Currency is available in amounts of 130, 275, or 600. :?

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    The Futurama app is... fine? Yeah, it's mostly the usual Sim City-lite but with 47 different resources and arbitrary waiting. The combat is more or less automatic, but with the ability to defend/do critical hits if you tap at the right time. The big selling point is the wonderful new dialog, which fortunately comes along pretty frequently.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    The futurama app needs rebalanced. The wait times to reward ratio is horrible and theres no way to get the event character they offered so early. I think Im done.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    The futurama app needs rebalanced. The wait times to reward ratio is horrible and theres no way to get the event character they offered so early. I think Im done.

The wait to reward is pretty typical for this type of game. Though I will agree that the Pimparoo event was pretty impossible unless you've been power-playing since launch, and just giving up and buying the items needed would cost you around 30 bucks. They definitely whiffed that one, especially for a background character. At least actual progress in the main game is still very possible if you're willing to wait.

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    The wait time is bad and it feels like there are umpteen different things that need to be collected to make progress (after the initial bits). The writing isn't bad, but not really worth it.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    Uh... holy shit.
    Now this is a homecoming worth cracking open a beer for: Fox says it is open to reviving King of the Hill, the animated show from Greg Daniels and Mike Judge that aired for 13 seasons on the network.

“We have had preliminary conversations with Greg and Mike, and I would like to explore that,” Fox chairman and CEO Dana Walden told reporters today in Beverly Hills, Calif. “We had very preliminary conversations. Given what’s going on in the country, I think they have a point of view how those characters would respond, but again, it was one meeting and I hope to revisit it. The meeting was probably two months ago, two and a half months ago. They’re both very busy and it was really just a first exploratory, ‘Are you excited about this? Is there potential in a future?’ and they were both excited about it, but they’re working on a lot of different things individually so it’s about finding time.”

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Dale would 100% be on board with deep state conspiracy theories and attacking the fake anti-Trump media.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Don't play with my heart.

I watch more repeats of King of the Hill then anything else on TV. I would indeed love more of it.

But....I do worry about this being another monkey paw scenario like Family Guy.

Sometimes, dead is better.

• Options
    That reminds me, now that I have Hulu I need to watch the 90 percent of the final season Fox refused to air.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I got super excited when I saw this, but please, please don't make Hank Hill an amplifier for a writer's screed against Trump. So much of Hank is just telling people to shut the hell up and leave everyone alone and go build something with your hands (Hank has is genuinely one of my role models, no joke). Mike Judge is usually better at this and Silicon Valley shows a run against the usual Hollywood grain but I'm still weary. I'm pretty sure Family Guy and Simpsons and everything else is already doing all the Trumps all the time.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Dale would 100% be on board with deep state conspiracy theories and attacking the fake anti-Trump media.

I don't know, I think the whole "Close ties with Russia" thing might knock Dale off the pro-Trump boat.
    Not off the pro-conspiracy theory boat by any means, but...

• Options
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I got super excited when I saw this, but please, please don't make Hank Hill an amplifier for a writer's screed against Trump. So much of Hank is just telling people to shut the hell up and leave everyone alone and go build something with your hands (Hank has is genuinely one of my role models, no joke). Mike Judge is usually better at this and Silicon Valley shows a run against the usual Hollywood grain but I'm still weary. I'm pretty sure Family Guy and Simpsons and everything else is already doing all the Trumps all the time.

Personally, I think an inner Hank conflict between "shut the hell up" and "oh christ, this person is awful" would be great, and I'm sure Judge knows that.

• Options
    JeedanJeedan Registered User regular

Dale doesn't vote.

Hank wouldn't vote for Trump because he has a bad handshake and eats his steaks well done.

Bill would 100% be on board the MAGA train.

• Options
    Jeedan wrote: »

Dale doesn't vote.

Hank wouldn't vote for Trump because he has a bad handshake and eats his steaks well done.

Boomhauer's position would be unintelligible.

• Options
    WinklebottomWinklebottom Registered User regular
    Considering how much of a crisis Hank had with voting for W. Bush just because of a weak hank shake I have no idea what he would have done in the last election. I can't see him voting for either of the two party candidates, because Hillary wouldn't align with his politics and Trump had all those moral/character crisis. I would think he would have been a never Trumper. Dale doesn't vote, but he does love conspiracies, so in the age of everything being a false flag and the prevalence of conspiracy laden "news" sources he would be crazier than ever. Bill is just a follower, mostly of Hank, so he would have just gone along with the crowd.

• Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I mean, I love KotH, but it had 259 episodes. It never got bad, but it was getting a bit tired those last few seasons. Not sure what's left to say. It's hardly a cancelled before its time show.

Work on bringing the old episodes back to Netflix instead.

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    WinklebottomWinklebottom Registered User regular
    The characters were starting to get flanderized pretty bad.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Pretty much all of the female characters regressed heavily, were flanderized, and/or outright disappeared in the last few seasons.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    That and they'd have to recast Luanne.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Dale would go full MAGA and the jokes stemming from his unironic use of the word "cuck" write themselves.

• Options
    Gyral wrote: »
    That and they'd have to recast Luanne.

They could advance the timeline and have Luanne moved out and just off screen. Let her get on a bus and only be referenced on occasion.
    It's been something like 8 years since the last episode. Even if they only advanced the timeline half that long that's plenty of time for Luanne and Lucky to have found a course in life and moved out of Hank's place, Bobby and friends to gone into High School, maybe Strickland retires and Hank is promoted to full manager.

Yeah, I know, the likelihood of Fox allowing an animated series to actually move forward like that seems remote, but I think it's more likely with KotH than any other series they've got.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I hated King of the Hill because they'd give Bill character development then go "Just kidding!" and reset him to miserable the next epi

• Options
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Dale would go full MAGA and the jokes stemming from his unironic use of the word "cuck" write themselves.

I dont think he would. Dale isnt a terrible judge of people and he's actually fairly liberal in a lot of ways. I think he'd see Trump for what he is and once the Russia stuff came out he'd latch on to that.

• Options

I dont think he would. Dale isnt a terrible judge of people and he's actually fairly liberal in a lot of ways. I think he'd see Trump for what he is and once the Russia stuff came out he'd latch on to that.

Since it seems like they'd have to have a Trumper on the show to respond to Trump, do you think they'd put one of the main four guys in that roll? Or do you think they'd introduce a new secondary character?
    I think we've discussed that few of the four would be vocal Trump supporters. Hank has too strong of a BS detector, Dale doesn't vote and would likely bury himself in assorted conspiracy theories once the Russia allegations came out, Bill might because he's typically shown to be the dumb one of the group but he's also shown to be the one to go out of his way to help others even at his own expense and I don't think Trumps position on helping others would gel with that. Boomhaur(?) might since I don't think we really see much of his political views seeing as how he's unintelligible 99% of the time though, what would be the point?

But, if they introduced a secondary (or tertiary) character that gives them a MAGA to use, but also means that they don't have to have him be in every episode (which gets kind of exhausting to watch week after week, sorry Last Week Tonight). Could also set up the new character to be scared of the Souphanousinphones because he thinks they're Muslim (presumably, even after he learns that they're not Muslim, he still doesn't like them because they're foreign).

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Jeedan wrote: »

Dale doesn't vote.

Boomhauer's position would be unintelligible.

Dang old man I tell ya get that dang old MAGA MAGA fake news dang old tv'ing on the vote time it's really great, man.

When my first son was born, I spent a lot of colicky sleepless nights learning to parse what Boomhower said. I can get a bit farther now than with Kenny.

Hevach on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    After the Beavis and Butt-Head reboot I don't think we need to bring back any Mike Judge creations.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    If I want to support Mike Judge, I'll watch Silicon Valley

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    The characters were starting to get flanderized pretty bad.

I think most of them were handled okay, but Luanne was freaking character assassinated.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Since it seems like they'd have to have a Trumper on the show to respond to Trump, do you think they'd put one of the main four guys in that roll? Or do you think they'd introduce a new secondary character?
    I think we've discussed that few of the four would be vocal Trump supporters. Hank has too strong of a BS detector, Dale doesn't vote and would likely bury himself in assorted conspiracy theories once the Russia allegations came out, Bill might because he's typically shown to be the dumb one of the group but he's also shown to be the one to go out of his way to help others even at his own expense and I don't think Trumps position on helping others would gel with that. Boomhaur(?) might since I don't think we really see much of his political views seeing as how he's unintelligible 99% of the time though, what would be the point?

But, if they introduced a secondary (or tertiary) character that gives them a MAGA to use, but also means that they don't have to have him be in every episode (which gets kind of exhausting to watch week after week, sorry Last Week Tonight). Could also set up the new character to be scared of the Souphanousinphones because he thinks they're Muslim (presumably, even after he learns that they're not Muslim, he still doesn't like them because they're foreign).

Boomhaur was revealed to be a texas ranger in the final scenes, which arguably kind of broke some previous episodes, but how do they feel about immigration?

I think the show was getting long in the tooth as well. I can't possibly see how you bring that back now. Do you age the kids? You would have to, right?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »

Isn't politics deeply rooted into that show?

• Options

Ideally itd be Cotton but that door is closed.

It'll be Khan and 3 rivers at first. The asian community of Arlen is very much a stand in for White rich people already. Though Khan would flip very quick. Maybe Buck Strickland but Id say itd be one of the "villian" businessman in the end

The reason it cant be the extended hill family really is because we like these characters and nobody likes Trump supporters.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    There's also the risk inherent in long development time for animation, as South Park already learned. Like, they could take the 6-12 months it would take to set this up and produce the episodes, and by the time it comes out, we could have President Pence. Or Hatch. Or hunting rats in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, though in that case, I don't think the remake would be Mike Judge's biggest concern.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    There's also the risk inherent in long development time for animation, as South Park already learned. Like, they could take the 6-12 months it would take to set this up and produce the episodes, and by the time it comes out, we could have President Pence. Or Hatch. Or hunting rats in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, though in that case, I don't think the remake would be Mike Judge's biggest concern.

They could do the show with real actors instead.

• Options
    Also

I think if they did Trump as an arc theyd cover the election year into the first 2 months

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Super Eyepatch Wolf did an interesting video on The Simpsons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqFNbCcyFkk

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular

Ideally itd be Cotton but that door is closed.

It'll be Khan and 3 rivers at first. The asian community of Arlen is very much a stand in for White rich people already. Though Khan would flip very quick. Maybe Buck Strickland but Id say itd be one of the "villian" businessman in the end

The reason it cant be the extended hill family really is because we like these characters and nobody likes Trump supporters.

"Thatherton!"

Complete with a MAGA hat on top of his cowboy hat.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin