Options

[Fox/adult Disney animation] Krapopolis is apparently appropriately named

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Cokomon wrote: »
    It looks like The Simpsons is trying outdo last year's Treehouse of Horror by not only including Sideshow Bob, but also by bringing back the ghost of Frank Grimes.

This Treehouse of Horror will also be the show's 600th episode.
    the fan-favorite character will issue his first lines of dialogue in almost 20 years

I feel so old now!

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    It looks like The Simpsons is trying outdo last year's Treehouse of Horror by not only including Sideshow Bob, but also by bringing back the ghost of Frank Grimes.

the fan-favorite character will issue his first lines of dialogue in almost 20 years

I feel so old now!

Seriously, it feels like he died just yesterday.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    They already did a gag featuring both Bob and Grimes!

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Well

Son of Zorn is airing now on fox.

spiritual successor to allen gregory

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular

Surely there has to be a special Treehouse of Horror for episode 666? Or is that next season?

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Well

Wait, that means it's terrible. But it looked decent in the trailer (although less decent being bombarded with it every football timeout today).

• Options
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Well

Wait, that means it's terrible. But it looked decent in the trailer (although less decent being bombarded with it every football timeout today).

I mean it's not really but so far it's been a big miss for me. I didn't know that people were excited for it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Tastyfish wrote: »

Surely there has to be a special Treehouse of Horror for episode 666? Or is that next season?
    Episode 666 would be 3 seasons from now if this one's got 600.

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Well

I mean it's not really but so far it's been a big miss for me. I didn't know that people were excited for it.

It wears out its own gimmick so fast it feels like an overlong Robot Chicken sketch.

• Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    Well

It wears out its own gimmick so fast it feels like an overlong Robot Chicken sketch.

It seems like it wore out its gimmick just in the commercials.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    So I played that Animation Throwdown game (the one with various Fox shows in card form).

It's veeeery simple. Each character card has an attack and health value. These can be combined with combo cards such as alcohol, weapons, costumes etc. to power up a character -- essentially giving higher numbers and a different card face. For instance, Gene + Costume equals Gene in the burger suit. You play cards one at a time. At the end of each turn, your card automatically attacks the card your opponent has in front of it. If your card can destroy the opponent's card, any remaining attack is applied to the enemy hero. If there's no card in front of your card, it just whacks the hero.

As far as presentation goes... blech. Nothing's voiced, and the cards literally have nothing but a picture, the two numbers, and maybe a generic effect like leech health or lower attack. No text whatsoever, and nothing that makes the cards interesting. You'll literally just throw down, say, the SUV from American Dad and just stare at it. The game's also quest-based, meaning you have to clear a clutch of characters in a location like the Quahog playground or the Slurm Factory. But no one talks and the locations are purely background. Even Futurama: Game of Drones slathered things up with custscenes and conversations, and that's just a match-four game.

Is there energy-based bullshit? You bet! You'll have to research combos for your cards, meaning you'll arbitrarily have to wait upwards of a day. You can speed up the process by buying gems. Oh, and gems also give you much better chances of getting better cards. Also, you can power up your cards, so forget about any kind of balance in PvP.

tl;dr: Hearthstone this ain't.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I'd like a Simpsons Arcade game style game where you can do up to 4-player co-op and pick literally any characters from animated fox shows to go through the levels towards some combined universes destroyer, so pair up Bart, Roger, Tina Belcher and say...Quagmire. Think it'd just be some good fun.

• Options
    HollaTimmyHollaTimmy Simpsons' member Registered User new member
    The only thing i hate about this game is “where’re the Simpsons?”. Why’re they excluded? I wish they would appear in the next updates.
    The game seems to earn high scrores.
    animation.jpg

See more here: http://choilieng.com/apk-on-pc/com.kongregate.mobile.throwdown.google.apk

I intended to play this game on my PC because my eyes are not very well enough to stick to my tiny phone, any one tried it?

• Options
    It's Simpsons Time.

https://youtu.be/E8gDvbsYd0Q

• Options
    That probably has to feel really good to all of the folks ho worked on adventure time. Say what you will about the simpsons but that's some serious homage. Love the nuclear reactor rod replacing the sword.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Wow, way to depress the hell out of me, Simpsons.
    Rod and Todd playing a recital causes the ghost of Maude to appear next to Ned, they hold hands.

Then the ghost of Edna shows up, gives a jealous look.

• Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    The Simpsons episode's tone was weirdly mean and murder-y:
    the dog or fox or wolf or whatever being blown up by the ray, compete with blood and guts flying, the laser eye doctor putting a gun to his head when his patients were cured (at least they cut before he pulled the trigger), Burns and Smithers running over the damsel in distress and their windshield splattering with blood, Sherri or Terri drowning in a tank, Ralph being coated by the melted statue (I'm sure those last two aren't considered "real" and both will be alive in future episodes and what happened will be forgotten about).

The coach gag was good, at least.

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    Apu in the beginning with the baby carrier got a chuckle from me.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    The Simpsons episode's tone was weirdly mean and murder-y:
    the dog or fox or wolf or whatever being blown up by the ray, compete with blood and guts flying, the laser eye doctor putting a gun to his head when his patients were cured (at least they cut before he pulled the trigger), Burns and Smithers running over the damsel in distress and their windshield splattering with blood, Sherri or Terri drowning in a tank, Ralph being coated by the melted statue (I'm sure those last two aren't considered "real" and both will be alive in future episodes and what happened will be forgotten about).

The coach gag was good, at least.

This episode felt a lot like they were pulling gags from a Treehouse of Horror episode, with everything in your spoiler.
    "But what about my arms?"
    "They'll grow back."

• Options
    Treehouse of Horror this weekend.

Also, this happened:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/13/simpsons-jimmy-kimmel-springfield?iid=sr-link1

• Options
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Get rid of Al Jean for f's sake

• Options
    edited November 2016
    I've said this for ages, but I continue to believe the only way The Simpsons will end is when one of the VAs for the family dies.

And maybe not even then.

Edit: Appropriately enough there's a Simspons reference for it.

136970.jpg?b64lines=ICBXaHkgd29uJ3QgSSBkaWU_

Someone photoshop Homer into that face while writing "30 seasons" on the cake.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    The show foretold this, way back at the height of the Golden Age.

http://www.wimp.com/this-rare-1992-simpsons-clip-explains-why-the-show-keeps-on-going/

Ah for the days when Cosby was one of the most respected people in America.

• Options
    The intro to the show this week is, ah, a little different....

https://youtu.be/h365_F5BzDg

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Herb will adopt him and the survivors guilt will tame his impulsive nature. Its for the best

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    The writers are giving no so subtle hints it's time for the show to die.

• Options
    The hip-hop themed, hour-long episode of the Simpsons runs Jan. 15. Guests include Taraji P. Henson, Keegan-Michael Key, Snoop Dogg, RZA, and Common.

https://youtu.be/vsPCevAdK_A

• Options
    The Robot Chicken guys did a couch gag.

https://youtu.be/wXzLju-4Su8

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    This past Sunday's episode was a sequel to Kamp Krusty from Season 4.

What was weird that it didn't even really follow what happened in that episode correctly! Or had any call backs!

Like had it not had the prompt at the start I would have never known.

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    New Futurama animation!

https://youtu.be/k2Izx4MQCwQ

It's for a new App called Futurama: Worlds of Tomorrow that sounds crazy ambitious: it combines "simulation, combat, galactic exploration, and choose-your-own-adventure mechanics." Plus Matt Groening, David X Cohen et all are back, so it's probably worth checking out.

• Options
    That's cool and all but damn just give us more Futurama episodes

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    That's cool and all but damn just give us more Futurama episodes

I really would like a Futurama spinoff--I don't think you can go much further with Fry and Leela, but there's certainly more room for Zapp, Mom, Elzar, and other side characters.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Matts apparently going to announce his new show at Comicon so I think Futurama is done done.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Still a little baffled Fox never bit at the "Tales of Springfield" spinoff idea that would have allowed side characters to have their own stories without having to have the Simpsons themselves in everything.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Still a little baffled Fox never bit at the "Tales of Springfield" spinoff idea that would have allowed side characters to have their own stories without having to have the Simpsons themselves in everything.

In terms of the voice cast, focusing on the side characters would not make it any cheaper to produce.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »

In terms of the voice cast, focusing on the side characters would not make it any cheaper to produce.

It wouldn't have been for saving money (aside for payment for specific roles). It's the same half-dozen people no matter what.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    GONG-00 wrote: »

I was thinking more of the fact that Fox was always wary of additional ideas from Groening but instantly greenlit everything Seth Macfarlane scrawled on a bar napkin. I mean the guy just got handed a high-budget sci-fi thing, fer chrissake.

cloudeagle on