As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Something must be Wong with these tourney results, no Sentinels!

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    A summary of my reactions to this game.

TLDR: I am what I am, and a bit of a drama queen on top of that.

Seeing that you have almost 100k gamerscore, normally I'd click on your sig to see what games you've played. But alas, thanks to mygamercard going down, clicking on our sigs does . . . NOTHING.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Right now I'm convinced that MvC3 is an experiment to see what the smallest amount of work they can do while not getting yelled at.

"Well, maybe we could just cut out replay saving and sharing, multiple dlc costume colors, player match spectating, and the ability to check the lag and reject matches based on them in ranked.

I really wish I would have waited for the DLC to hit and read what people said. I just saw it as it went up because I work a real early morning shift and bought it sight unseen.

Not because I regret it really, because the costumes do look cool, but just because its seriously beyond lazy.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Well, people paid good money for extra costumes and individual characters for SF4 so why wouldn't Capcom try to see how far they can lower the bar?

This works great for me because I don't give a shit about things slapped on later in the game's life to try to add slight visual differences or characters which should have been in the game anyway. Lazy or otherwise, I can just enjoy the game for what it is.
    Completely lacking in a decent lobby and matchmaking system.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Geez I wasn't that drunk when I ruined your first marvel experience...

Glad to see you're enjoying (?) it again! I'm pretty busy this week, but I can probably play a bunch again after friday night!

Folken Fanel on
    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Also... I've been thinking. Playing in person with people is so much more fun than over the interwebs. I think there should be a part of the OP (here and in the SF thread) where people can look up regional matchmaking. Even if its something as simple as

Looking for local matches?
    IF you live near:             THEN PM 
    Gainesville, FL              Folken Fanel
    North VA                     ChaosHat
    Bumfuck Midwest              Chamberlain
    Seattle                       Furious Jodo

Because people still read OPs, right? Right?

EDIT: Or someone that knows how to format tables on here can figure out how to make it look nice...

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate:

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Geez I wasn't that drunk when I ruined your first marvel experience...

Glad to see you're enjoying (?) it again! I'm pretty busy this week, but I can probably play a bunch again after friday night!

No, you weren't, but it's funnier that way.

And it made me feel better about losing.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dunxco wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I have to say that Dark Phoenix remains the most gloriously broken Hatemail Generator I've ever encountered in a video game.
    At my (relatively low) level of play Phoenix doesn't scare me. If there's a Phoenix I am dedicating that first meter you start with to a snap-back combo to force her in and taking that threat out early.
    I see people say this often and I'm not so sure about it anymore. Snapping in a competent Phoenix is only a good idea if you really know how to fight her, have a character equipped to do it, and can pin her down before she has the opportunity to tag back out. That's not as guaranteed as it may seem. Phoenix is an impressive character even discounting resurrection; there are reasons why her stamina is abysmal.

Anyway, I was having fun in training mode earlier and decided to cap this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUEubybsLIs

Now if only my timing was godlike enough to actually make use of that. :P

Sixfortyfive on
    poasting something foolishly foolish.
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Phoenix is really strong at rushing down or zoning even without DP - but her health is too low. A game like this is very dangerous for anyone who makes a single error, let alone a character who dies to one bnb combo.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hat where in NoVa are you

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I just spent an hour trying to learn a BnB for Cap I found in SRK's forums.

I will never, ever learn BnB's.

With absolutely no feedback whatsoever (whereas in mission mode I can see the list progress as I do the moves correctly) there's just no way I'll ever learn this.

Back to being incredibly frustrated at being totally destroyed (just got 23 hit comboed by X23!) all the time.

Also - the fact that you're ranking only goes up or down when you play RANKED matches, yet when you do PLAYER matches it bases it off the RANK means I'm fucked either way. I've fought plenty of "Amateurs" and "Fighters" who clearly just don't play ranked much but are WAY better than me.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Also... I've been thinking. Playing in person with people is so much more fun than over the interwebs. I think there should be a part of the OP (here and in the SF thread) where people can look up regional matchmaking. Even if its something as simple as

EDIT: Or someone that knows how to format tables on here can figure out how to make it look nice...

I'm just gonna pretend that someone didn't refer to my region in the U.S. as "Bumfuck Midwest".

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dunxco wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I have to say that Dark Phoenix remains the most gloriously broken Hatemail Generator I've ever encountered in a video game.
    At my (relatively low) level of play Phoenix doesn't scare me. If there's a Phoenix I am dedicating that first meter you start with to a snap-back combo to force her in and taking that threat out early.
    I see people say this often and I'm not so sure about it anymore. Snapping in a competent Phoenix is only a good idea if you really know how to fight her, have a character equipped to do it, and can pin her down before she has the opportunity to tag back out. That's not as guaranteed as it may seem. Phoenix is an impressive character even discounting resurrection; there are reasons why her stamina is abysmal.
    True, but I'd still rather deal with an (at-most) Level 1 XFC'd Dark Phoenix then a level 3.

Last night I had that exact situation, tried killing Phoenix early and failed. He DP'd and tagged her out.

I had his Dante on the ropes, few more hits would've killed him...snapped DP in as a surprise and finally killed her.
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I
    With absolutely no feedback whatsoever (whereas in mission mode I can see the list progress as I do the moves correctly) there's just no way I'll ever learn this.

Back to being incredibly frustrated at being totally destroyed (just got 23 hit comboed by X23!) all the time.

Also - the fact that you're ranking only goes up or down when you play RANKED matches, yet when you do PLAYER matches it bases it off the RANK means I'm fucked either way. I've fought plenty of "Amateurs" and "Fighters" who clearly just don't play ranked much but are WAY better than me.

Do them in parts. Learn the first part and then move on to the next part once the first is cemented.

Also, not every combo on SRK is good or even necessary. A lot are very flashy for minimal gains (yay, 20-40k more damage!).

Focus on ones you can do reliably and work on defense first.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Hey, here's that thing that Hat made for the OP of SSFIV that features a fuckton of lurkers nobody's ever heard of because they don't talk or try to initiate contact with people on the list so he took it out because of the aforementioned reasons and because nobody here bothers to read OPs (see everyone who has said "HEY! WHY CAN'T I GET RANKED MATCHES RANKED IS BROKE GRR).

I can put the list and the form link back in the op, but I don't think it actually does any good.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    rabblerouserrabblerouser Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    wait you can pick hsien's projectiles?

rabblerouser on
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Like Hengyo-ki? Yeah...

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The explanation is in the video description. The item thrown is dictated by the number of frames elapsed since your last use of the move. So, if you use the move at perfectly regular intervals, you get the same item every time.

That's not something that most mortals would be able to pull off, though. Dizzy into dizzy is basically a 1-frame link.

Sixfortyfive on
    poasting something foolishly foolish.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    to the danger room!

rabblerouser on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Hey, here's that thing that Hat made for the OP of SSFIV that features a fuckton of lurkers nobody's ever heard of because they don't talk or try to initiate contact with people on the list so he took it out because of the aforementioned reasons and because nobody here bothers to read OPs (see everyone who has said "HEY! WHY CAN'T I GET RANKED MATCHES RANKED IS BROKE GRR).

I can put the list and the form link back in the op, but I don't think it actually does any good.

Except the list has been replaced by the metatag.... not really the same as regional matchmaking.

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate:

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

I'm just gonna pretend that someone didn't refer to my region in the U.S. as "Bumfuck Midwest".

Yeah, the bumfuck midwest is a big place, some areas are bumfuckier than others.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Eh, I only said that because I forgot where he lived. Its wisconsin, isn't it?

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate:

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Except the list has been replaced by the metatag.... not really the same as regional matchmaking.

Lemme put it this way. This time, someone ELSE can be responsible for the enormous list in the OP that nobody uses.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Lemme put it this way. This time, someone ELSE can be responsible for the enormous list in the OP that nobody uses.

I really doubt that it'll get enormous. You can even limit it to people that host weekly fight nights in their area. AFAIK the only people here that do it are myself and House of Paincakes.

It just seems like every time I post mentioning that I host a thing every weekend I get someone coming out of the woodwork to say "Oh shit I'm from gainesville, I didn't know this thing existed."

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate:

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Is anyone on now and wants to fight? Let me know. I'm 2-14 today so lets do this!

mxmarks on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

I really doubt that it'll get enormous. You can even limit it to people that host weekly fight nights in their area. AFAIK the only people here that do it are myself and House of Paincakes.

It just seems like every time I post mentioning that I host a thing every weekend I get someone coming out of the woodwork to say "Oh shit I'm from gainesville, I didn't know this thing existed."

Oh, this is for like real shit. I thought you wanted a list of everyone from everywhere for xbox live matches or something. You threw me off by putting my name in there because I never host anything.

Nobody should PM me. I hate all of you already.

Edit: I put your thing in the OP but I removed everyone but you. If someone wants to be PM'd they can specifically tell me they want to be added to that list.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Oh, this is for like real shit. I thought you wanted a list of everyone from everywhere for xbox live matches or something. You threw me off by putting my name in there because I never host anything.

Yeah I meant in real life/meat space/whatever you want to call it. I just used you, chamerblain, jodo as examples of what the list would look like.

Geez

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate:

• Options
    shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    meat space

Don't... don't call it that.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I just did my first ever rage quit!

I feel shame.

mxmarks on
  • Options
    BansheeBanshee Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

But why?

Banshee on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2011

I feel shame.

e8511t.jpg

You get one.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Looks like YOU get one, ChaoSHAT

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    lol dang

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Looks like YOU get one, ChaosHAT

I have no idea what you're on about.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    rabblerouser on
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Akuma tatsu around the world is how I get rage quits.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Yeah I meant in real life/meat space/whatever you want to call it. I just used you, chamerblain, jodo as examples of what the list would look like.

Geez

I like the direction you are going, you could even just provide links in the OP to the regional forums on SRK or something for people looking to hook up locally.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/f22 for example is the NW forum where you can find info on meet-ups/etc in Seattle/Portland.

FuriousJodo on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    If that's the case, I feel like the OP already has a link to Shoryuken, and people can figure the rest out.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Akuma tatsu around the world is how I get rage quits.

I just got what must've been a near-rage quit. Me: Wesker B/Skrull Y/Magneto a. Enemy: Morrigan/Phoenix/Sentinel.

Phoenix gets caught by a Rhino Charge from Wesker. I think Morrigan got blown up by Disruptor assists and Wesker's cross-ups. Then he comes out with Sentinel, X-Factor lv3, you know the drill. Snubs out my Wesker, retreats to the other side of the screen after a quick scuffle with Skrull (whom is coming out the victor) to blow four meters on Hyper Sentinel Force while my Skrull just blocks/adv. guards' them. Then comes enough meter for Death Penalty, and all the way through the animation it kept locking up, saying "Waiting for opponent."

I just imagine the guy on the other end getting ready to quit the match, going back and forth on the decision :lol:

Dunxco on
  • Options
    WordsworthWordsworth Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I find it funny that with the plethora of new characters to be had, I'm still maining Iron Man all over the place. I'm trying to learn everyone but refuse to put anyone but Tony mo'fuckin Stark on point. Old habits are hard to break.

I've been teaming him with Thor and switching out the 3rd member in an attempt to find "THE" team. Thor frustrates the hell out of me but I'm determined to become decent with him, by Odin's beard.

Wordsworth on
    Xbox LIVE: Wordsworth IV
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    If that's the case, I feel like the OP already has a link to Shoryuken, and people can figure the rest out.

How about a link to the matchmaking forum with a "Want to find local people to street fight?"

http://shoryuken.com/f17/

FuriousJodo on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I am really starting to feel liek I need to move away from Zero - I really like him but I think his ease of use may be holding me back a bit.

FuriousJodo on