Options

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Something must be Wong with these tourney results, no Sentinels!

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    After beating arcade on Normal, a Haggar/Iron Man/Cap team is now priority #1.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    kuhlmeye wrote: »
    I should be good for PS3 Ranbats on Thursday evening. Looking forward to going 0-whatever.

Right now I'm running Zero/Doom/Dormammu, with the only problem being that I can't really pull off any of the more advanced Zero combos on a pad, due to charging his blaster. I've found it is incredibly difficult with a standard pad to do the switching required. The other problem is that Dorm's OTG assist is really slow start up, so it doesn't really help to extend combos like I had hoped. Any suggestions?

I believe Bizazedo has fixed this problem (charging with zero) by assigning an additional button to Heavy Attack.

Walt on
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yea, the way the costumes work is a bit crazy, but oh well, I want the Cap anyways.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I was happy hating this game, comfortable even. I was never going to play the damn thing again.

But I just had to feel bad about wasting $60, and I just had to mess around with it again last night, and I just had to add Doom to my team, finally dropping Ryu who I just picked because he was somewhat familiar.

I still don't know if I like it, but spamming plasma beam assist while Zero (or Hulk) runs in behind them is scrubby and delicious.

What is this about advanced Zero combos beyond L M H fH S... ?

chamberlain on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Yea, the way the costumes work is a bit crazy, but oh well, I want the Cap anyways.

We can never fight each other because one of us is going to feel very ripped off.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I was happy hating this game, comfortable even. I was never going to play the damn thing again.

But I just had to feel bad about wasting $60, and I just had to mess around with it again last night, and I just had to add Doom to my team, finally dropping Ryu who I just picked because he was somewhat familiar.

I still don't know if I like it, but spamming plasma beam assist while Zero (or Hulk) runs in behind them is scrubby and delicious.

What is this about advanced Zero combos beyond L M H fH S... ?

The pretty basic one is

c.L c.M c.H f.H s.L s.M s.H s.H s.L s.M s.H s.H S j.M j.M j.H J.S Special

The crouching set at the beginning pops them in the air a bit, and you should be able to repeat it 2 more times before the launch.

Also, this one

This guy also has about 4-5 more for zero posted.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm #300 in line for this on Goozex. You guys are going to have moved on by time I get it, aren't you? :evil:

Vi Monks on
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Vi Monks wrote: »
    I'm #300 in line for this on Goozex. You guys are going to have moved on by time I get it, aren't you? :evil:

it's a fighting game. and it's mahvel. it has a life beyond the average release

sure, people who don't have a lasting interest might be gone then. but the people that MATTER won't

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

The fighting game community is rather loyal. We will be around to [strike]destroy[/strike] enjoy the game with you.

Walt on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Beat Galactus last night... yay. Then I realized I unlock the exact same stuff for being him on Very Easy. Oh well :P

Then I tried to play some online matches and got my ass kicked quite horribly. It's a shame, I almost beat this dude that started the match out by kicking my ass with fucking Spider-man, but he just barely won :( I think the main problem is, it's matching me up against 0 win/0 loss people. That's a fucking grab bag. Match me up with losers like me! :P I want to win one dammit!

P.S. - Fuck Dante. That is all.

P.S.S. - The ending to Arcade mode is fantastic. I wish I could get some of that as concept art, especially Viewtiful Joe's.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    mxmarks wrote: »

We can never fight each other because one of us is going to feel very ripped off.

But we must, for the honor of the overpriced costumes!

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    My biggest gripe when I play the game is that when I same I want someone who is the same level as me, I don't mean to have the game match me up with a guy that has 167 wins and 50 losses...as that probably means that he has Dante...oh wait...he does have Dante with his super easy combos and long reach and spammable super....oh and he has Deadpool...and and Sentinel...this is just getting better and better...and he beat me.

Stupid matching system, I just want my five wins...is that too much to ask.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Walt wrote: »
    I believe Bizazedo has fixed this problem (charging with zero) by assigning an additional button to Heavy Attack.
    Light attack, but yeah.

My more disappointing discovery was finding that the combos using charge don't really add a lot of damage to what I'm doing currently. Stupid hit stun.

Downloaded Shadow Battles. Creamed the 3 AI's. The third one, the QA Tester, was fun. His Chun can occasionally go crazy.

Still pushovers, though.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    monkeylordmonkeylord Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thursday 8 or 9 est for ranbats works for me. Meeting in IRC beforehand isn't a problem but I don't have a computer next to my PS3, or in the same room for that matter. Hope to see you all there!
    Oh god, I'm going to get destroyed aren't I?
    On another subject, I've been avoiding Ranked like the plague since I got this game and have been enjoying Player Matches just fine. But I notice my rank isn't going up, which is normal considering these are "practice" matches. Does this mean that if I never set foot in Ranked, I can't play against people of my level as I improve at the game? Or does the matchmaking take into account your W/L to match you?

monkeylord on
    PSN: Devymetal
    Starcraft 2: Dangerbomb (889)
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Winner of the battle gets to use the costumes we just bought. Loser just wasted $5!

seriously though - we sound about the same skill level, add me. We'll fight.

I added tommatt from these boards too, so we should all get in a lobby and battle soon.

mxmarks on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

The fighting game community is rather loyal. We will be around to [strike]destroy[/strike] enjoy the game with you.

Well that's part of my issue. The last fighting game I played was Soul Caliber 1 on the Dreamcast, and my strategy consisted of rolling my thumbs around on the buttons while screaming obscenities until someone died (usually me). I am beyond awful at these games. I'm worried that, by time I get it, most of the people still playing will thoroughly annihilate me. But it still looks like so much fun!

Vi Monks on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Winner of the battle gets to use the costumes we just bought. Loser just wasted $5!

seriously though - we sound about the same skill level, add me. We'll fight.

I added tommatt from these boards too, so we should all get in a lobby and battle soon.

I'll send you an invite tonight. I need to play against some PAers here. I'm decent, but still learning.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Well that's part of my issue. The last fighting game I played was Soul Caliber 1 on the Dreamcast, and my strategy consisted of rolling my thumbs around on the buttons while screaming obscenities until someone died (usually me). I am beyond awful at these games. I'm worried that, by time I get it, most of the people still playing will thoroughly annihilate me. But it still looks like so much fun!

Playing with people who really know what they are doing is the fastest way to learn, so what'll probably happen is that if you stick with it you will be caught up pretty quickly. You may only win against die hards a small amount of the time but you'll know enough to steamroll a large percentage of the human opposition out there.

Walt on
  • Options
    BansheeBanshee Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wow the dlc thing is pretty lame. :(

Been practicing iron man yesterday, since i have a hard time with him.

First, i HATE that flight is with S. One bad qcb and you tag out during an air combo. So i decided to just skip that part in my bnb. I basically do c.B s.C S, sj.B B C d.C doublejump B C S, land, call spencer punch assist, light smart bombs, medium unibeam, angled proton cannon.

One weird thing is that the H attack during the double jump is the key to having plenty of time on the ground to OTG.

Banshee on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Playing with people who really know what they are doing is the fastest way to learn, so what'll probably happen is that if you stick with it you will be caught up pretty quickly. You may only win against die hards a small amount of the time but you'll know enough to steamroll a large percentage of the human opposition out there.

Well that sounds manageable. Guess I'll keep F5ing the Goozex page then. Anyone familiar with Goozex able to estimate how long it takes for new games to start moving? This is my first time using Goozex, so I have no idea how long I'll be waiting. It's getting hard to resist the urge to just put down $50 on it.

Vi Monks on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    At this point I vastly prefer lobbying with people from PA (hit me up for matches PLEASE :( ). For some reason, not being able to see names in even player match lists like we could in SF is a huge drawback for keeping me going. It's just.....random. Even sitting in the training room waiting for a match is annoying (I guess it's to arcade I go).

That and I had a douche actually disconnect from me in a Player match last night. I'd be curious if you get a penalty like you do in ranked.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Light attack, but yeah.

My more disappointing discovery was finding that the combos using charge don't really add a lot of damage to what I'm doing currently. Stupid hit stun.

Downloaded Shadow Battles. Creamed the 3 AI's. The third one, the QA Tester, was fun. His Chun can occasionally go crazy.

Still pushovers, though.

Indeed, he didn't put up much of a fight.

So when do we get more of them? :P

Edit: Biz I'd play you but after that spanking you gave me last night I spent all day in the training room and still doubt I could land a hit on your Zero :(

Dunxco on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Dunxco wrote: »
    So when do we get more of them? :P

Edit: Biz I'd play you but after that spanking you gave me last night I spent all day in the training room and still doubt I could land a hit on your Zero :(

Bah, sure you could. I just got inside your head because of the amount of damage I was doing. You were hitting No Great Name (OG dude in our lobby, PA guy, but SE++ mostly it seems), and he uses a runaway team.

If you can hit a runaway team, you can hit me :).

Is your focus a runaway team or an attack team? Imo, PURE runaway teams are inferior in this game due to how they just don't do enough damage. If you're going to runaway, have to be hybrid imo. Runaway, see an opening, attack!

DHC's are a must.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Right now I'm convinced that MvC3 is an experiment to see what the smallest amount of work they can do while not getting yelled at.

"Well, maybe we could just cut out replay saving and sharing, multiple dlc costume colors, player match spectating, and the ability to check the lag and reject matches based on them in ranked.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I feel I'm such a noob. I didn't know Akuma had a Beam Super too. I think I'm gonna use him...seeing as he has more OTG options than Ryu. Is he a good point character? Does he need meter to do damage like Ryu?

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Well I'm super late, but my friend brought his copy over and I had tons of fun. (Earned my gaming thumb Blister again, haven't touched my PS3 in 3 months, been playing PC games)

So far the team I've been doing best with is TaskMaster, Dormammu, and FINGERBEAMS!

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I feel I'm such a noob. I didn't know Akuma had a Beam Super too. I think I'm gonna use him...seeing as he has more OTG options than Ryu. Is he a good point character? Does he need meter to do damage like Ryu?

He could be used as point I suppose, but I've seen him best used as anchor.

With his assist and horrifying number of beams + raging demon, having meter is fun with Akuma.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Well I'm super late, but my friend brought his copy over and I had tons of fun. (Earned my gaming thumb Blister again, haven't touched my PS3 in 3 months, been playing PC games)

So far the team I've been doing best with is TaskMaster, Dormammu, and FINGERBEAMS!

Who?

Walt on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm gonna go with Doom.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm gonna go with Doom.

I'm confused. Dr. Doom has a move other than Hidden Missles?

Walt on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hidden Missles is rather easy to punish though

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Hidden Missles is rather easy to punish though

You tell that to Akuma's hurricane kick or Chun's lightning kick assists.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have to say that Dark Phoenix remains the most gloriously broken Hatemail Generator I've ever encountered in a video game.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I have to say that Dark Phoenix remains the most gloriously broken Hatemail Generator I've ever encountered in a video game.

At my (relatively low) level of play Phoenix doesn't scare me. If there's a Phoenix I am dedicating that first meter you start with to a snap-back combo to force her in and taking that threat out early.

Dunxco on
  • Options
    RuinsRuins Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Is Shadow Battle free? Because I'm not paying for something like that.

Ruins on
    ach.png
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dunxco wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »

At my (relatively low) level of play Phoenix doesn't scare me. If there's a Phoenix I am dedicating that first meter you start with to a snap-back combo to force her in and taking that threat out early.

I know, right?

It's like the average person online doesn't know what a snapback is. My Light Phoenix is not exactly terrible (her keepaway AND RTSD are both pretty damn good) but you should still be able to kill her off of a jab.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    When I hear Doom saying "Hidden Missiles!", I basically hear "Fill me full of arrows!" because that's what actually happens almost every time.

If you aren't playing keepaway (or playing a horrendously aggravating variety of keepaway player), Hidden Missiles aren't that big a deal. Just pay a little attention to the timing and you can easily move forward or away from them without getting hit.

As for Dark Phoenix, I say people should start combining it with Modok's Jamming Bomb. Pick somebody to put up front to build meter, get up to Dark Phoenix, send in Modok to do some rage-inducing Jamming Bomb, and then bring Phoenix back in.

Then drink delicious tears of hatemail.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I bought the Costume Pack because I had only 400 pts and, because of a promotion, I had to spend them by tomorrow.

Had I known they were only one color BEFORE I purchased the pack, I would have just spent the points on a 400pt game.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    A summary of my reactions to this game.

TLDR: I am what I am, and a bit of a drama queen on top of that.

chamberlain on