Options

[iPhone/iPad] games: Ghost Trick out. First two chapters, free!

• Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Sounds like a good idea, but I'm not seeing enough developer support to make it worth buying for me.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    Yeah it would be nice to see support for Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Sonic CD, and Megaman.

• Options
    DusT_HounDDusT_HounD Registered User regular
    @troublebrewing:
    i definitely like the idea of this kind of device, but again it's the chicken-and-egg thing- not enough devs supporting it to make it ubiquitous, but i wouldn't get one unless it worked with every game. Sigh- hope the idea takes off eventually, though.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Exactly. Until it's popular, most devs aren't going to bother adding support for it, and until most devs add support for it, it won't be popular.

Larger companies could throw cah at popular developers to "encourage" their adoption of the controller, but I doubt there's any real financial backing here.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Drunk_caterpillarDrunk_caterpillar Registered User regular
    The smaller controller works the same way that the iCade does, and a lot of applications support the iCade. Not necessarily the bigger releases, but I know that Super Crate Box does and a bunch of others too, so its not like it'll collect dust. Esentially, anything with bluetooth keyboard support will support this.

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    GTA3 and Chinatown Wars HD are 99 cents each until February 20th. Any opinions on how either plays on the iPad?

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Bullio wrote:
    GTA3 and Chinatown Wars HD are 99 cents each until February 20th. Any opinions on how either plays on the iPad?

Grrr, only the iPad versions are on sale? I would totally snag Chinatown Wars for a dollar, but the non-iPad version is still $10.

• Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    GTA3 plays surprisingly well on the iPad, I finished it on there. I dunno how robust the search here is but this thread has a bunch of lengthy impressions somewhere.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I can't even buy GTA3. The modified error.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Sword and Sworcery is pretty much a mandatory thing to own. I just got an iPod and I am getting in on the gaming action. I'll probably go with a droid phone though.

• Options
    So, as of yesterday I have an iPhone 4S. Previously, I had an iPad 1.

Any app suggestions? Stuff that will only work On the 4S/iPad 2?

Also: Is there a way to sync my Ghost Trick saves to my iPhone, or does the game need to specifically support that?

• Options
    Ghost Trick supports cloud saves, so in theory any iOS device you sign into iCloud with your apple ID on will automatically have your Ghost Trick save.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    So here's a crazy deal for ya:
    Did you buy The Bard's Tale for iOS? Well, whether you buy it now or bought it before, you're going to get the classic Bard's Tale games for free.

Series creator and inXile CEO Brian Fargo hopes for the first update to launch next week. The update will include the 1987 The Bard's Tale. In subsequent updates, which Fargo estimates should roll out in four-week increments, players will get access to The Bard's Tale II and The Bard's Tale III.

http://wireless.ign.com/articles/121/1218923p1.html

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Ghost Trick supports cloud saves, so in theory any iOS device you sign into iCloud with your apple ID on will automatically have your Ghost Trick save.

Didn't seem to work.

• Options
    Drez wrote:

Didn't seem to work.

Hence the "in theory" qualifier. Sorry, man. =[

• Options
    AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Drez wrote:

Didn't seem to work.

Hence the "in theory" qualifier. Sorry, man. =[

It works, you just need to jump through some hoops. On the device that has your save, tap the button that has the word cloud in it, somewhere in the options. This will upload your save to the cloud. On the device without a save, tap the button with device in it. This will download the save to your device.

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I got it working - it's a manual process in the game's options.

Thanks!

• Options
    Yah thanks :)

• Options
    I'm on Chapter 16 actually so I am eager to finish via my iPhone without starting over.

Now I just wish I could purchase GTA3.

• Options
    ThemadcowThemadcow Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote:
    So here's a crazy deal for ya:
    Did you buy The Bard's Tale for iOS? Well, whether you buy it now or bought it before, you're going to get the classic Bard's Tale games for free.

Series creator and inXile CEO Brian Fargo hopes for the first update to launch next week. The update will include the 1987 The Bard's Tale. In subsequent updates, which Fargo estimates should roll out in four-week increments, players will get access to The Bard's Tale II and The Bard's Tale III.

http://wireless.ign.com/articles/121/1218923p1.html

Somehow, while a very nice gesture, I think releasing each of the classic games for 0.99 would get more publicity and higher profits. Still, it makes the 3.99 for inXile's Bards Tale game suddenly very attractive. Shame I'm on android :(

• Options
    Oh wow. I loved the old Bards Tale games.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So is there a way to tell the stupid apple store to stop putting things in the list of products if i cant use them on my generation/type of system? They even put them in my genius list and all it takes is for me to click on the button for them to then say 'not compatable with touch, or OS, or only for ipad' etc.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote:
    So is there a way to tell the stupid apple store to stop putting things in the list of products if i cant use them on my generation/type of system? They even put them in my genius list and all it takes is for me to click on the button for them to then say 'not compatable with touch, or OS, or only for ipad' etc.

They obviously want to entice you into upgrading.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Oh god, Bard's Tale. Brings back memories of asking my parents for a graphic paper notebook so I could map the dungeons, because lulz minimaps in 1987...

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Lawndart wrote:
    Bullio wrote:

Grrr, only the iPad versions are on sale? I would totally snag Chinatown Wars for a dollar, but the non-iPad version is still $10.

I think the other platform was slow to catch up. I'm seeing Chinatown Wars for a buck right now on my Touch.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    So Fairway Solitaire is actually a lot more awesome than it seems. I would say its about a 9 on the peggle-addictiveness meter. The free dl is worth it just for the hilarious opening cutscene.

• Options
    I love Fairway Solitaire on the PC. I was thinking it would be awesome to have on iOS devices. So much time lost to that little gem. <3

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    The Judge wrote:
    Lawndart wrote:
    Bullio wrote:

I think the other platform was slow to catch up. I'm seeing Chinatown Wars for a buck right now on my Touch.

Sweet. I never got around to finishing Chinatown Wars on my DS, now I can finally get around to not finishing it on my iPod Touch! I'd buy that for a dollar!

• Options
    They've done so much good stuff to Fairway Solitaire since they released it for PC. Get it now, and buy the full version. I'm so happy I found this today, since I'm going to need a time killer tomorrow. :D

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I'm looking for good android games, and google fu returns poor suggestions (most articles are outdated). Anyone have any suggestions?

I couldn't find an android thread and I figured here would be good to ask since lots of games are on both OS's

override367 on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    cpugeek13 wrote:
    So Fairway Solitaire is actually a lot more awesome than it seems. I would say its about a 9 on the peggle-addictiveness meter. The free dl is worth it just for the hilarious opening cutscene.

Oh shit, they ported Fairway Solitaire to iOS?

OH SHIT.

(p.s. I love that they have a Penny Arcade quote as their publicity line)

KalTorak on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm looking for good android games, and google fu returns poor suggestions (most articles are outdated). Anyone have any suggestions?

I couldn't find an android thread and I figured here would be good to ask since lots of games are on both OS's

As an Android phone + iPad owner, I can tell you it's much less than you like...

Do you like Sim type games? All the Kairosoft games are on Android.

• Options
    InXplotchInXplotch Registered User regular
    in what ways is the iOS version of Ghost trick different from the DS version? because I've always wanted the game, and this seems to be the cheaper/easier to find alternative.

PSN: InXplotch
    ... My, what a boring Signature.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    How is Chrono Trigger for iOS? I've never played it. Is it like the "best" version of Chrono Trigger? I think it was on the DS as well, right?

Drez on
  • Options
    InXplotch wrote:
    in what ways is the iOS version of Ghost trick different from the DS version? because I've always wanted the game, and this seems to be the cheaper/easier to find alternative.

I played through both versions now (NDS and iOS). I can't give you a comparison sheet or anything, but I have not noticed anything missing from the iOS version. If anything, I think it's better/more convenient. I couldn't really tell you what the second screen offered on the NDS version, but I think it's the info page which you can easily access through an icon on the iOS version.

I think the iOS version may have slightly higher resolution, too.

Anyway, my opinion would be to go with the iOS version, even if you have an NDS/DSi/3DS. For $10, you're getting an amazing game.

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    The second screen in the DS version was pretty extraneous. You're missing nothing.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    InXplotchInXplotch Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Awesome, then i'll get the ios version. Thanks.

And chrono trigger i think is the same as the ds version (it even has the extra dungeons) but i dunno if it has the monster ranch. I've only played the ds version, but wouldn't it be a pain to control the characters movement by touchscreen?

InXplotch on
    PSN: InXplotch
    ... My, what a boring Signature.
  • Options
    Cool, thanks.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    So the assassin's creed ipad CCG is free for a bit. It's neat enough, but the MP really requires a lot of grinding (or, they hope, IAP) to get decent cards

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I just finished Ghost Trick

god damn

god damn

This discussion has been closed.