As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What a world

• Options
    SaintSaint Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Tell the police pooro, it's totally worth it incase you can help link it

as a bisexual, i spent about a month getting all my humor from hitting on obviously straight guys at my high school because I didn't think at all about how many fucking homophobic rednecks there might be in fucking northern florida. Got hella bashed on my way from art class following painting my beat-up grey converses yellow purple and pink. went to the principal, got them expelled but god damn I still have to play it low-key and hang with friends whenever I'm walking from class to class, because we have an open-air campus with these octagon pods for all the classrooms so it's really easy to get led into the woods or behind a dumpster

Saint on
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I too am sangry about all of this
    D:
    Really, wtf people? What is wrong with some of them..

skettios on
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Pooro at the very least reporting it can get an extra patrol in your neighborhood. You really really need to do this.

rhylith on
  • Options
    PhantPhant Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man Pooro, that fucking sucks. I too, am going to chime in on the 'report it' side, if only to maybe prevent some other poor sucker from getting jumped like that too. And probably in on the 'get looked at' side too.

Phant on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Pooro check this out

I've got some money right

I will give it to you so you can buy drinks because I can't do that for another three years

But the drinks are totally from me

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    pooro that is really awful. i'm sorry to hear about it, man. i can't even imagine what that must've been like.

satansfingers on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I was just reading about passersby doing nothing here (in an unrelated situation, which is just and retarded and makes me want to shoot things- the answer to the title question BTW is "because they're fucking idiots") and it makes me think how lucky I actually am

As much as I badmouth my hometown, the one and only time I was in danger of getting properly beaten down by a large group I had my arse saved by a bunch of complete strangers

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    i think people are just scared that if they stop to help they'll end up getting fucked up too

satansfingers on
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Fuck, man.
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Christ almighty, this is why I hate people
    Talkc wrote: »
    I had no idea people were that shitty.
    skettios wrote: »
    Really, wtf people? What is wrong with some of them..

Flay wrote: »
    People are dumb!
    Usagi wrote: »
    Fuck people, seriously
    Beasteh wrote: »
    fuck everything
    God, fuck everything.

The general consensus is : People are shitty, fuck it all.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    i think people are just scared that if they stop to help they'll end up getting fucked up too

Yeah, that's a valid concern. You don't know what the situation is, if the people have weapons, stuff like that.

Still, crossing lanes to drive around the scene is pretty ridiculous

Javen on
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If you're afraid of something like that, block the damn road so nobody can get through. Then you'll have a dozen pissed off motorists and nothing is more furious than pissed off motorists

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    If you're afraid of something like that, block the damn road so nobody can get through. Then you'll have a dozen pissed off motorists and nothing is more furious than pissed off motorists

wh..what?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    note to self: do not wear rainbow dash shoes in the city

but then again I could probably outrun them in those

Jars on
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This all reminds me of a story I read about a guy who was fatally wounded stopping a guy from mugging another person. People walked around his body, rather than actually finding out what was going on or getting help.

Found the Article

People are too transfixed with their own agenda, and scared of what they don't know to help. It's only a tragedy and worthwhile if they're the victims most of the time.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Waka Laka wrote: »
    This all reminds me of a story I read about a guy who was fatally wounded stopping a guy from mugging another person. People walked around his body, rather than actually finding out what was going on or getting help.

Found the Article

People are too transfixed with their own agenda, and scared of what they don't know to help. It's only a tragedy and worthwhile if they're the victims most of the time.

That is fucking scary as hell, I hope those people found out and felt like shit.

I once drove out in the "country" I spotted this cyclist laying lifeless on the road with his dog barking and running around him, apparently he had tied the dogs leash onto the handlebars (not too bright) and the dog had been running after some animal, effectively making him crash face first into the asphalt, I woke him up and he was in shock, talking about just driving to the supermarket still, in spite of him just being fucking unconscious a few seconds earlier, and he was bleeding from his head down on his shirt, I made sure he didnt move an inch until that ambulance finally came.

After reading this thread, I cant help but wonder, if there were other people who saw him and just drove the fuck away.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What the fuck kind of assparade could even I can't no what the fuck this here is a baby ray

tumblr_lfz3rtXkHn1qbtn7ao1_500.jpg

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Pooro, I don't know which is worse, the guys who started this shit or the people that just drove by.

You know what?

Fuck all of them you don't deserve that shit.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    TalkcTalkc Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't understand how someone can watch someone getting the shit beat out of them.

I guess most people can't so they just walk away.

Wow. I think I've lost my faith in humanity finally.

Talkc on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    People aren't inherently good or bad and stuffing them all into one category out of anger or pride is dumb oh look ryan gosling is here and hitting on you-!

tumblr_la57wbgsS01qztfoso1_500.jpg

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Not nearly as bad but I was walking to meet a friend at the bar and I saw this lady on the ground and her bike looked fucked up. I guess the bike slipped or something and the chain came loose and wasn't moving. I saw 3 people walk past this crying girl so I was like "are you okay." She said she was fine but her hands were bleeding so she couldn't muscle the chain back on. I helped her out and got her on her way, but I felt bad because of all the fuckers that walked past a crying woman on the sidewalk.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I for one am also offended when people resort to hyperbole in a thread about something horrible happening

I am so offended that I am literally going to slap the sun right in its stupid shiny face

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    He does not look attractive there at all

He looks like he has a troll face

troll_face_says_the_game__by_james_mizuhara-d36zguw.png

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Well i mean on the one hand you have people who run into burning buildings to save people.

And on the other you have people who couldnt be bothered to shit on someone being stabbed to death in the street, much less call for help.

I mean i wouldnt get involved in a fight ( I would just get beaten and stabbed too ), but i would be speed dialing the police in an instant.

How someone can see that and just walk away is beyond me.

What goes through their mind? Does anything go through their mind?

Talkc on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    what about xabi alonso who is both a mensch* AND non-trollfacey

tumblr_lg0z8wyAov1qevq1yo1_500.jpg

*officially certified by menschcorp

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    'people' is really a word for 'vast swaths of lives i feel like dehumanizing because someone has done something that makes me feel better than them' isnt it

well whatever xabi is more than enough goodness in humanity for me

tumblr_lgrtnvj01g1qevq1yo1_500.jpg

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Fuck yes Xabi Alonso.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Koshian wrote: »
    Jesus. I had no idea people would beat someone up on the pretense of being gay.

really

What i meant was... i didnt know they would just go... "Youre fucking gay" and beat the shit out of them.

I know its naive, but i never thought people would just go straight to the beating up process, without some sorta fuel for that kind of hate.

Like... ive had people harass me who knew i was gay... but ive never had some group of guys gang up on me and go ... "he looks gay... beat the shit out of him".

I guess its just denial of the human condition. I mean they kill people in other countries for less... so i guess i shouldnt be so ignorant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Shepard

if you want a really well known case of gay-specific bashing
    There's a special kind of ignorance that comes from being so devoted to your own persective and agenda that you can no longer even parse the information people give you and instead see only what you want to see.

Fishman on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    That guy is a much better choice than Ryan Gosling I approve now I'm gonna go play with my baby nephew

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    fuck. this sucks, pooro.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Fishman wrote: »
    Jesus. I had no idea people would beat someone up on the pretense of being gay.

really

What i meant was... i didnt know they would just go... "Youre fucking gay" and beat the shit out of them.

I know its naive, but i never thought people would just go straight to the beating up process, without some sorta fuel for that kind of hate.

Like... ive had people harass me who knew i was gay... but ive never had some group of guys gang up on me and go ... "he looks gay... beat the shit out of him".

I guess its just denial of the human condition. I mean they kill people in other countries for less... so i guess i shouldnt be so ignorant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Shepard

if you want a really well known case of gay-specific bashing
    There's a special kind of ignorance that comes from being so devoted to your own persective and agenda that you can no longer even parse the information people give you and instead see only what you want to see.

Ouch.

I guess i deserve that jab.

Talkc on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It wasn't you I was talking about.

Fishman on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    do you?

That's up to you, but I am not certain you were being addressed

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Fishman wrote: »
    It wasn't you I was talking about.

Oh. With that quote tree i was pretty sure you were. I was kind of like, i know im naive, but jeez.

Talkc on
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    that is awful pooro :( hope you are feeling better/less swollen.

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh Pooro, that is awful and I know you feel awful but you deserve some cheering up. Drink, maybe watch a comedy and huddle under some thick blankets. Order tons of takeout and just chow down. I'd give you a hug if I could. And please see a doctor to make sure everything is okay, and please report it to the cops, even if you don't have much to go on. People like that establish patterns of violence, so your report can help.

That people drive right past is horrible, I hope at the least that somebody called after the fact.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Drink beer and watch Archer. Doctor's orders.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    AnosognosAnosognos Who wants to play video games?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This is terrible. But not surprising. I'm sorry, but I know that some guy who recently started posting expressing condolences means exactly jack shit.

That said...

I know it's been stated multiple times, but I haven't seen a response in the affirmative yet, so, I'm adding my voice to the choir:

Pooro, if you haven't already, you need to take this to the police. You've asked, "What's the point?"

The point is, these guys are idiots and assholes. They will keep doing shit like this and they will get caught, eventually. If you can provide any information (silver car) now, the police can link this crime to them when the time comes.

It will have been worth it. It will add something to their list of charges and lengthen their sentences. The police are actually pretty good at getting confessions out of idiots, even with no evidence.

Not saying anything now is almost like driving by and ignoring it when they attack the next guy.

Anosognos on
    Beemo_Controller.png
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have read too many sad things lately I am sort of teary. But maybe I can recommend a comedy . . . uh . . . actually, Archer is a good idea. I don't watch many movies. Venture Brothers is good, Adventure Time would be even better.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Pooro motherfuckin' loves Archer

(as do I)

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It is a good show, I have started watching it recently.

Muse Among Men on