As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokémon Black and White and Thread all Over.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Okay, so the real life Volcarona would scare the shit out of me if it flew in through my window.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r9Laslf4hc

D:

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    That is one BIG moth.

V Faction on
    Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Im surprised that things not from Australia. That place is crazy.

emp123 on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    Now imagine that thing is the insect version of a phoenix, and you have an idea of how hellish the world of pokémon really is.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Mechanical wrote: »
    Yeah, it's doable. It just takes more work.

I do get what you're saying though.

Oh well, I guess I'll just us the Master Ball to capture Reshiram hundreds of times, plot his stats out, and then try to project what his nature is. Thanks Gamefreak!

There is a way to not catch the legendary
    and just fight N iirc. It'll show up at dragonspjral postgame if you do

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Spoit wrote: »
    If you're so bothered by that you can always hack in better stats. It's quite easy to make them appear perfectly legitimate.

You're not really making the case for people wanting to battle or trade with you, you know :?

Just because I know how to do it doesn't mean that I actually do.

But hey, whatever.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Spoit wrote: »
    If you're so bothered by that you can always hack in better stats. It's quite easy to make them appear perfectly legitimate.

You're not really making the case for people wanting to battle or trade with you, you know :?

Just because I know how to do it doesn't mean that I actually do.

I don't really get the pokemon purity thing, i don't play multiplayer because I think the entire EV/IV scene is silly but if the choice is between having to grind countless hours to get a perfect pokemon so you don't get instantly destroyed or using a program for a few seconds to make one that's indistinguishable by anyone (including the gamefreak servers) i'll take the latter.

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Pretty much. I don't battle online, just for the record, and I've always made it a point to not trade stuff I've messed with on the base level.

You play far riskier odds using the GTS than trading with me for finding anything like that.

Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Now imagine that thing is the insect version of a phoenix, and you have an idea of how hellish the world of pokémon really is.

Also, your trash may gain sentience.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Although I don't agree with game tampering in any form, I can vouch for the fact that Mechanical is a good guy and all the stuff he traded me today is fine.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    so you don't get instantly destroyed
    IVs are overrated.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Rami wrote: »
    I was going to trade you one of my pretty damn good Larvesters for a weasal Kay, but I looked it up and honestly, it seems kind of a shitty pokémon.

In semi-weasal related news, Speed Boost Blazikan is, in fact, pure bullshit. Adamant with Hi-jump Kick, Blaze Kick, night Slash/Stone Edge and Bulk Up. Life Orb to seal the deal.

You're welcome to your opinion, but Regenerator Mienshao is a very, VERY good Life Orb scout that hits hard, and recovers off any Life Orb and entry hazard/sandstorm/hail damage any time it u-turns.

Also... what has Blaziken got to do with weasels? It's a burrrrrrd.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Oh damn, I didn't even consider that setup. That could be nasty.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So time to completion of game sets your Forest/City population? I take this means that as I'm going to take a long time over this that my forest will be more of a desert when I get there?

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hope that's not the case, because if the entralink is the only way to restore it I'm kinda screwed.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Starting White, and then deciding to go back and actually finish Pearl was just a painful experience. I think they actively tried to make the game as slow as they could get away with. I do not look forward to the day I decide to go back and get a hold of any legendaries and such I've missed.

Also, a quick question. Is there any real point the Entralink multiplayer? I got it working after a bit of confusion, grabbed a mission, got lost, and a minute or so later it spit me back into my world. None of the rewards seemed all too handy, though still nice. That, and it took far too long to actually detect the other DS.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hope that's not the case, because if the entralink is the only way to restore it I'm kinda screwed.

Me too, since apparently play time increases even if the DS is closed. Im at like 12 hours and I only just got my 3rd badge.

emp123 on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, it's doable. It just takes more work.

I do get what you're saying though.

Oh well, I guess I'll just us the Master Ball to capture Reshiram hundreds of times, plot his stats out, and then try to project what his nature is. Thanks Gamefreak!

There is a way to not catch the legendary
    and just fight N iirc. It'll show up at dragonspjral postgame if you do

I believe this way involves completely filling up your ~700 PC box spots. Nice that they planned for that contingancy, but I highly doubt anybody would ever unintentionally stumble upon it.

Anyways, want to scope out your Zerkom/Reshiram without being forced on the non-stop train to endsville? Easy.

-Replace your team with a couple of junk low level pokemon. Stuff that'll get one-shot. 2-3 is nice, use more if you get unlucky on the next part. Optional: Lead with a Synchronizer with the nature you want.
    -Fight Zerkom/Reshiram. Simply throw an ultra ball and capture him. Even at full health it's ridiculously easy to catch. You might get unlucky and wiff a few times, but it is not a hard capture at all.
    -Throw the match with N.
    -Black out, wake up in the pokecenter, and proceed to check out the stats.

Easy peasy. I did this a few times just to make sure I didn't get a super junky Reshiram. Slight pain in the rear that they make you go through it, but it was still a breeze.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    emp123 wrote: »

Me too, since apparently play time increases even if the DS is closed. Im at like 12 hours and I only just got my 3rd badge.

If you're anal about game time, turn off your C-gear before going into sleep mode.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So time to completion of game sets your Forest/City population? I take this means that as I'm going to take a long time over this that my forest will be more of a desert when I get there?
    It took me almost a month to get to Black City and its basically Black Parking Lot. A row of small buildings and no people at all outside of the Pokemon Center.

It's funny how the camera still zooms all the way out.

InvisibleInk on
    3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I cant believe they made the Black City/White Forest local WiFi only. Why would they do that? They already implemented an online component, why not just let people who arent near each other play? What if my friend has Black and I have White, but hes 3 doors down and its past our bedtimes and we want to get our City/Forest on? What the fuck Gamefreak I want to ignore my bedtime!

emp123 on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, I think the city/forest is going to be a barren wasteland for the majority of players. Kind of defeats the point of a unique location between the games.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ChaosandQuietChaosandQuiet Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Can anyone trade a Mew and/or Regirock? I will even trade them back if you don't want to part with them. I have everything else, at least first form. All starters, all other Legends, and pretty much anything else. Just need a Mew and Regirock to finish out National Dex.

ChaosandQuiet on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0772-1797
  • Options
    Professor HydronProfessor Hydron Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Anyone looking to get rid of some Japanese Dittos? I'm trying to collect all the relevant natures (i.e. no Hardy/Docile bullshit) and I have a few extra of certain natures. I'll post natures of what I have if someone's interested in trading their extras or whatever.

Professor Hydron on
    3DS ~ 2664-2225-0872
    Nintendo Network: ProfHydron
    XBox Gamertag: ProfHydron
    Friend Safari: Fighting ~ Machoke, Pancham, Breloom add me and tag or msg me and I'll add you back
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    glithert wrote: »
    So, Seismitoad, Musharna, whatever foongus evolves into, conkeldurr, and the ice cream cone. I just need one more pokemon that looks like a drug/something drug related.

Cofagrigus. Seriously, take one look at that thing and convince yourself you're not hallucinating.

And I'm in the 'who cares about ubers' club.

That'll work. I'm sure someone's done LSD in a history museum before.

glithert on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Ubers do matter

they are significantly more powerful than most non-uber Pokemon, to the point of imbalance

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    robot_herorobot_hero Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So I think I'm starting to burn out on Pokemon, found myself cursing that little blue sad face on GTS today.

Is there anyone out there willing to help with a previous gen legendary tradeback so I never have to step into GTS Negotiations again?

That would be amazing.

robot_hero on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pokemon Black FC Code: 3138-6290-0324
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    what do you need

maybe I can help you later this afternoon

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I should have clarified that I meant legendaries.

Robot do you still want that Charmander and Diglett?

I've already got a Rufflet and Oshawott, so I'll accept trash mons if you still want them.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    what do you need

maybe I can help you later this afternoon

Suicune, Raikou and Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf.

I swear, some of these people on GTS wouldn't accept a lifetime's worth of blowjobs for a single Pokemon.

robot_hero on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Can anyone trade a Mew and/or Regirock? I will even trade them back if you don't want to part with them. I have everything else, at least first form. All starters, all other Legends, and pretty much anything else. Just need a Mew and Regirock to finish out National Dex.

I can trade you Mew and Regirock, don't suppose you have a Manaphy/Jiarchi/Deoxys you're willing to part with? It's cool if not, can do the tradebacks. What's your FC?
    robot_hero wrote: »

I swear, some of these people on GTS wouldn't accept a lifetime's worth of blowjobs for a single Pokemon.

Yo, I can help with all those! (And give you back your Gyarados lol) I'll go hang around in the wifi room with C-gear off.

Shen on
    3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I was just stopped by paralysis 5 times straight.

Thanks, Battle Subway.

EDIT: Still won, but bleh.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    robot_hero wrote: »

Yo, I can help with all those! (And give you back your Gyarados lol) I'll go hang around in the wifi room with C-gear off.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, sir.

robot_hero on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ChaosandQuietChaosandQuiet Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Dang Im just now getting back on here and seeing this. Yeah I can actually give you Manaphy and I have a Deoxys and Jirachi, just not sure if the game will let me trade the jirachi. But yeah I can give you one if it will let me.

ChaosandQuiet on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0772-1797
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Dang Im just now getting back on here and seeing this. Yeah I can actually give you Manaphy and I have a Deoxys and Jirachi, just not sure if the game will let me trade the jirachi. But yeah I can give you one if it will let me.

Wow, that would be incredible. Do you need anything in return?

robot_hero on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Back with more dumb questions!

I am trying to collect all the previous generation pokemans without transferring any (at least not yet). Do they only populate the post E4 locations or do then infest the entire world after the game "ends"?

Also, the talk on previous pages regarding "hacked" Pokemon. Is there an obvious was to tell? I am probably only going to be playing against my girlfriend and maybe randomly online. Are there potential issues I should worry about if I end up getting something like that in a trade or breeding from it? I think someone asked this in the last thread but I never saw an answer.

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Back with more dumb questions!

I am trying to collect all the previous generation pokemans without transferring any (at least not yet). Do they only populated the post E4 locations or do then infest the entire world after the game "ends".

Also, the talk on previous pages regarding "hacked" Pokemon. Is there an obvious was to tell? I am probably only going to be playing against my girlfriend and maybe randomly online. Are there potential issues I should worry about if I end up getting something like that in a trade or breeding from it? I think someone asked this in the last thread but I never saw an answer.

A majority of the previous gen Pokemon are on those 'new' routes, however there are daily swarms of previous gen Pokemon on any route that you can check on the messageboard between towns. The Pokemon that is swarming changes per day.

There's also the challengers cave on Route 9 that has a couple too.

robot_hero on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Also fishing everywhere.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

I wouldn't worry about it, especially if you're not playing competitively. Almost all hacked ones are really obvious (incompatible moves/abilities are the biggest tipoff, but there's some behind-the-scenes stuff as well). They won't blacklist you or anything, you just won't be able to use it online.

Breed your own stuff, and no problem.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It took me almost a month to get to Black City and its basically Black Parking Lot. A row of small buildings and no people at all outside of the Pokemon Center.

It's funny how the camera still zooms all the way out.

Whereas I took down the E4 within three days (I have a lot of down time at work and almost no supervision) and had 7 or 8 people (and fully-grown trees) in my White Forest when I first entered.

That has since whittled down to like four (plus the ones that stay), but that can't be helped.

In other news, I got my trade Master Ball last night. My final trade was receiving a shiny Beartic via GTS... for a Surskit. <shrug>

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the help!

WingedWeasel on