Options

Pokémon Black and White and Thread all Over.

• Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Black_City
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/White_Forest

You will never ever see me use Skarmory, Electivire, Kingdra, Machamp, Snorlax, Conkeldurr, Excadrill, Krookodile, Scrafty, Eelektross. I think that's about covers my top ten of most obnoxious Pokemon.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    What's your position on Stunfisk?

-SPI- on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    is special attacking kingdra okay

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Stunwho?

Kingdra is always obnoxious to face. It simply will not die without leaving a trail of death and decay. It's bulky as hell and the only weakness it has isn't exploitable because, well, good luck outspeeding Kingdra in the rain. It doesn't even look like a dragon. The name even implies it's the king of dragons. Well, Faildra can smell my hairy butt gooooodbye.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I love kingdra :(

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    RestartRestart Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Kay wrote: »
    Chen, I'm not sure you're right about 'more time to complete the game, more people in Black City/White Forest'.

I took forever to finish the main game, and my Black City is a fucking ghost town. There's never been anyone in there for me to lose. It's just a big wide expanse of fuck all.

I'm pretty sure the only way to expand it is via Extralinking to someone else's White Forest/Black City in the opposite version.

Extralink is so WEIRD.

Restart on
    spritesWalk.gif
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Well, my Black City is completely empty, has no-one AT ALL in it, and has a couple of un-enterable lumps towards the top of the map. It's a wasteland in my game.

That page says:

"When the player enters the city for the very first time, the total number of residents is determined by the number of days it took the player to reach Black City."

It doesn't give the relationship between the time take, and the population size. I'm going to say that the slower you get there, the less dudes you'll find. Because I took FOREVER (and kept sleep-moding with the fucking C-net turned on. Gah.).

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    RestartRestart Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Well, my Black City is completely empty, has no-one AT ALL in it, and has a couple of un-enterable lumps towards the top of the map. It's a wasteland in my game.

That page says:

"When the player enters the city for the very first time, the total number of residents is determined by the number of days it took the player to reach Black City."

It doesn't give the relationship between the time take, and the population size. I'm going to say that the slower you get there, the less dudes you'll find. Because I took FOREVER (and kept sleep-moding with the fucking C-net turned on. Gah.).

oooooooo Nevermind then, I head about this...Yea, it's apparently completely empty for some people when they enter. Sorry!

Restart on
    spritesWalk.gif
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I remember when people used to laugh at me for using Kingdra, and said things like:

'Well, I guess it's kinda bulky...'

'It's fast in the rain, but it doesn't hit hard enough or take hits well enough...'

'It has a pretty shallow movepool...'

Then it learned Outrage in Platinum and everyone started using it.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    TheRagingSlimeTheRagingSlime Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The earlier you get to black forest/white city the more people. I got to black city in 2 days and i have 10 trainers. i think this means that every day you have the game you have one less person

TheRagingSlime on
    NEW Pokemon Black FC: 1506 5551 4523

Trading Zoruas and 4th gen shinies for profit! Call now!
    o.pngo.pngo.pngo.png
    Feel 'em.
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Restart wrote: »

That page says:

oooooooo Nevermind then, I head about this...Yea, it's apparently completely empty for some people when they enter. Sorry!

Yeah, mine is just looks like the Pokecenter with the world's biggest parking lot surrounding it. I googled around a bit and it looks like the only way to repopulate it is to Entralink with someone locally, which probably means it will always be like that for me.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Thank you everyone for the clarification, no more side questing for me.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    God damn local wifi only was a terrible idea. They must know that there are people who play this game that arent 10 right?

emp123 on
  • Options
    AggrilAggril Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Aw, Chen I thought you hated Spiritomb too.

And yes, the Entralink stuff is kind of useless for those of us that don't live in heavily populated urban areas with lots of potential gameboy players. I think the only time I've even seen someone else with a DS around was in front of the local Apple store, trying to use their free wifi.

Aggril on
  • Options
    Professor HydronProfessor Hydron Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'd say pokemon does an excellent job consistently ignoring it's older, more loyal demographic.

Professor Hydron on
    3DS ~ 2664-2225-0872
    Nintendo Network: ProfHydron
    XBox Gamertag: ProfHydron
    Friend Safari: Fighting ~ Machoke, Pancham, Breloom add me and tag or msg me and I'll add you back
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Nintendo, and many Japanese developers either do not understand, or simply do not give a shit, that outside of an area with the population density of Urban Japan, passerby wireless shit does not work at all.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    CoercionistCoercionist Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Well, it took 240 eggs and a lot of parent switching, but in the end I got an Axew well beyond my expectations.

Jolly / Mold Breaker with 28-29/31/31/30/30/31

Now just to train it up.

Coercionist on
    Pokemon Black FC: 3653 9907 8515
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Congrats!
    Aggril wrote: »
    Naw. Well, maybe a little. Milotic on the other hand...

I kid. Seriously though, Azumarill was immobilized, like, forever.

At least they're aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Conkeldurr and Elektross are designed by trolls. Don't get me started on Krookodile. Someone pointed out that it has a penis for a nose. Now I cannot unsee.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    AggrilAggril Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Naw. Well, maybe a little. Milotic on the other hand...

I kid. Seriously though, Azumarill was immobilized, like, forever.

Yeah, that did get pretty ridiculous.
    At least they're aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Conkeldurr and Elektross are designed by trolls. Don't get me started on Krookodile. Someone pointed out that it has a penis for a nose. Now I cannot unsee.

I ...never noticed that. Now I can't unsee it either. D:

Aggril on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Seriously? Thats like the first thing I noticed about that. He is Cockgator, hear him roar!

emp123 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Connkeldurr is pretty bad, but Eelektross looks fine to me.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yay, finally beat the Elite 4 for the second time. I should have done it earlier. It wasen't too bad.

Fiskebent on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Scosglen wrote: »
    Connkeldurr is pretty bad, but Eelektross looks fine to me.
    604.gif

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I fucking love Elecktross, I just wish he was better.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    TheRagingSlimeTheRagingSlime Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    emp123 wrote: »

Seriously? Thats like the first thing I noticed about that. He is Cockgator, hear him roar!

Instead of cockgator, why not call it krookodildo?

TheRagingSlime on
    NEW Pokemon Black FC: 1506 5551 4523

Trading Zoruas and 4th gen shinies for profit! Call now!
    o.pngo.pngo.pngo.png
    Feel 'em.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    emp123 wrote: »

Instead of cockgator, why not call it krookodildo?

I was thinking I should have gone with Cockadile.

emp123 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I fucking love Elecktross, I just wish he was better.
    There's a Coil set that's supposed to be beastly. It has no weak after all thanks to Levitate.

What gets me is that it has Levitate yet it does not levitate! Magnezone and Probopass levitate more than it does! Also, that dance is ridiculous.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The dance is a little silly, but in terms of its design it isn't anything nearly as egregious as the steroid clown Conkeldurrp, or freaking Vanillice/Garbodor or something.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    humaneherohumanehero Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hey guys. So I just bred a Ferroseed with Spikes and Stealth Rock, and I was thinking of going with Gyro ball too, but what should the fourth move be? I was considering Curse, but a friend of mine thinks Ingrain would be good too.

humanehero on
    Pokemon White FC : 5157-2261-1679
    Steam ID : humanehero
    PSN : the78th
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I really disliked Conkeldurr's design for a while, but I think it's starting to grow on me. Gurdurr, on the other hand...

For the most part, most of the pokemon this gen I like aesthetically. Except Patrat/Watchog, worst pokemon ever.

Also, if anyone is interested in Jolly Axew, I still have a few decent ones left over.

1. Mold Breaker/Male - 31/30/16/22/8/31

2. Mold Breaker/Female - 22/31/12/22/22/31

3. Mold Breaker/Female - 30/24/22/31/28/31

4. Mold Breaker/Female - 31/16/28/28/24/31

5. Rivalry/Female - 31/22/31/26/22/31

6. Rivalry/Female - 12/31/31/18/4/31

Coercionist on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, the only good thing at all about Gurdurr's design is his, well, girder. Conkeldurr is kinda better, but only kinda.

I agree about Elecktross and Levitate, at least Tynamo was actually in the air.

Krookadile on the other hand has got croc class and he's got croc style.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Anybody have a spare Fire Stone or three? I've got a Dawn Stone and Shiny Stone I can trade for them, or some various starters.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    humanehero wrote: »
    Hey guys. So I just bred a Ferroseed with Spikes and Stealth Rock, and I was thinking of going with Gyro ball too, but what should the fourth move be? I was considering Curse, but a friend of mine thinks Ingrain would be good too.

Power whip.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Could use Leech Seed instead of Ingrain.

Coercionist on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Could use Leech Seed instead of Ingrain.

Yeah, but it's an egg move and I'd rather have spikes/stealth rock.
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

Power whip.

Yeah, that's true. I don't have any grass moves on my team at the moment. Thanks.

humanehero on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You need to be really careful using a move like Ingrain, because it will leave you stuck in there if they switch in a counter. Gyro Ball or Power Whip should be his main attack choices.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Rami wrote: »
    You need to be really careful using a move like Ingrain, because it will leave you stuck in there if they switch in a counter. Gyro Ball or Power Whip should be his main attack choices.

Right. That's what I was thinking too. I just wasn't sure if I should have another attack or if I should use curse to improve Gyro Ball.

humanehero on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It's already one of the slowest in the game so curse isn't essential for the speed factor, ideally you would carry leech seed in place of one entry hazard to wear down other bulky types and be otherwise an excellent move anyway.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, the only good thing at all about Gurdurr's design is his, well, girder. Conkeldurr is kinda better, but only kinda.

I agree about Elecktross and Levitate, at least Tynamo was actually in the air.

Krookadile on the other hand has got croc class and he's got croc style.
    krookodile.jpg
    HAI GUYS

LOOK AT MY DICK HEAD

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Your dirty tricks won't work. I can unsee that.

RockinX on