Options

Mass Effect: Blue Öyster Cult was wrong.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah with the hammerhead you lost the "Come on just get over this fucking hill you piece of shit!" and gained "God damn are these like baby missles with pillows for a warhead?" and "Fuck this I could take more damage than this fucking ship".

Overlord was a decent DLC, though the sound effects really grated on my nerves the computer effects noise was way way too loud. Sound in general could use an improvement, especially in clubs, I only heard about half of what Aria ever said.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    "Fuck this I could take more damage than this fucking ship"
    Hahaha true dat, I rationalized it with playing on Insanity though. But most of the time you had ample of shit to hide behind and spam missiles from, something that Firewalker was purged of :/

Panda4You on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Panda4You wrote: »
    "Fuck this I could take more damage than this fucking ship"
    Hahaha true dat, I rationalized it with playing on Insanity though. But most of the time you had ample of shit to hide behind and spam missiles from, something that Firewalker was purged of :/

Even on normal the hammerhead was tissue paper. And not having any kind of indication other than visual and noise was kind of annoying. Plus I hated how you had to collect stuff, who thought that idea up? "Ok the thing will rock around like you're trying to cop a feel with ashley on the sabbath and you have to maintain for an arbitrary point of time".

One element I'm really interested in for ME 3 is the HUD I recall a news item that the mass effect team was in talks with the dead space team for how they do their hud integration.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    That article is crazy! I have a hard time believing Wrex will be a squadmate for more than a mission. I guess they haven't specified duration like the other article a while back though.

jackisreal on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Reapers come in different sizes.

Well, that changes things.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Reapers come in different sizes.

Well, that changes things.

Now I want to shoot at a smaller reaper made of pyjaks.

Bobble on
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I like it because it means Sovereign won't undergo badass decay.

It was an elite Reaper, not some candy ass shrimp one.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    final fight against harbinger on top of the empire state building confirmed.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

You're piloting a zepplin. It's the only thing they CAN'T detect.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    jefe414 wrote: »

Nah you have to ride a wave of missles as they are fired at harbinger, old school contra style!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    jefe414 wrote: »

Nah you have to ride a wave of missles as they are fired at harbinger, old school contra style!

Except your squadmates keep jumping closer to Harbinger instead of trying to stay alive, giving it that distinct Mass Effect feel.

Bobble on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    It would be cool if they added that bit of lore to the actual melee system. Kinetic barriers only stop high velocity bullets and the like, physical attacks go right through it like the shields from Dune.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It would be cool if they added that bit of lore to the actual melee system. Kinetic barriers only stop high velocity bullets and the like, physical attacks go right through it like the shields from Dune.

Worked like that in 1, if memory serves.

Didn't in 2.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, in ME1 melee attacks penetrated shields and did direct HP armor. The reason being that kinetic barriers only react to objects coming at extremely high velocities. Mainly so you didn't have trouble when trying to sit down or drink, etc, etc.

In ME2 melee did shield/armor/barrier damage like everything else(mainly due to the gameplay changes). Still works the same way in cutscenes though.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Yeah the meele thing going through shields was annoying with rachni and their damn spitting and of course thresher maws nuking the mako.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    This piece of flat ground looks perfectly sa-

*SAREN THEME*

I'm betting this new melee class turns Shepard into a techno ninja.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    i get the feeling they are trying to make me3 feel different the me2 so it feels more like an actual game and not just and long addon for me2 with some new powers.

that new class sound interesting but im still going full vanguard, vanguard from the start to the end.

vanguard for life!

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The new movement options will probably help, but I hope they just don't make ME3 'pure' action. Being able to pause the game and consider your tactical options is really the only RPG part of the combat.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The new movement options will probably help, but I hope they just don't make ME3 'pure' action. Being able to pause the game and consider your tactical options is really the only RPG part of the combat.

Well to be honest the original ME was more action game than traditional RPG. Though I prefer the way bioware is doing the rpg, with dao and mass effect I prefer the more active combat to turn based slog fests.

If anything I want more dialogue options to expand my character, its one thing that alpha protocol did really well.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You think they'd take out the combat wheel? P'shaw!

Ever since I heard Cerberus was going to be targeting Shepard, I figured it had to do with the Illusive man probably being an agent of the reapers. In reality it might be more simple than that. For example, the Illusive man has deemed the reapers unbeatable since they're already raping earth. Not like he has faith in the rest of the galaxy after all. He might want the Normandy to withdraw people to a secret facility like on Ilos.

If so Tim may get renamed to Rossiu. D'oh.

Daris on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I don't see how they could make ME pure action.

You've got too many powers(I know...PC master race...whatever), and sometimes you need to properly set up your group powers.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    TIM is not dumb enough to try either of those plans. Rossiu's problem was not recognizing the rules of his universe, but TIM has read the script. The reapers will not let another Ilos slip by after the trouble it caused this cycle.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I kind of secretly hope theres a way to repair the bridge with Tim, if only so Martin Sheen can be a soothing voice telling me I'm doing the right thing by murdering quarian children.

Honestly I'd do a lot of things if Martin Sheen asked me too.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Quick question...what's a "SWAT" turn?

A quick 180 or something?
    The Engineer can build turrets

Awesome.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    "Shepard, we have a situation only you can deal with."

*Takes a long smoke*

"A group of Quarian infants has infiltrated Earth's defense grid. At this point the damaged they've caused is minimal, but it won't last. I need you to take a squad and eliminate the threat before the Reapers arrive. This is the most warning we've had, I know you'll make yoomanity proud."

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Quick question...what's a "SWAT" turn?

A quick 180 or something?

I think thats the quick cover swap you see in things like Gears of war? I could be wrong.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2011

*Takes a long smoke*

"A group of Quarian infants has infiltrated Earth's defense grid. At this point the damaged they've caused is minimal, but it won't last. I need you to take a squad and eliminate the threat before the Reapers arrive. This is the most warning we've had, I know you'll make yoomanity proud."

How do I know you're not sending me into a trap?

Bobble on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    a swat turn is when you go from one spot of cover to another with a turn, they say its supposed to make you less visible in real life but its a faster way to get to other cover or better vantage in the game.just point your stick towards the other cover and press A.

Oh...okay, I get it now.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    They could even have you sent on a mission by Tim to shut down his crazy son...

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    In Splinter Cell it was just a quick twist from one side of a doorframe to another... I think.

Blurbl on
  • Options
    Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

*Takes a long smoke*

Is it terrible that I read this in a perfectly emulated Martin Sheen voice?

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Wow, it's almost like they can read my mind! Though they seem to have some difficulties; What I wanted were flying, costumizable drones for the Engineer, not turrets :P We'll see if they implement my idea of off-screen snipers that attack the targets you select as well - which would be closer to "real" sniping then the 10-20m shootouts in ME 2.

Seriously though, I dig all the changes announced so far; More open battlegrounds, larger skill trees, more movement options, implementation of said through dynamically moving enemies etc. etc.
    Still, I wonder what changes will be made to tech/biotic attacks in general. IMHO they lacked impact in ME2 by not applieng their effects/force at all through defenses.

Blackbird SR-71C on
    steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    edited April 2011
    According to plan.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I'd like up close execution kills if they could fit them in, kind of like Thane uses during his recruitment mission.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    costumizable drones

Pimp my Drone?

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

*Takes a long smoke*

Is it terrible that I read this in a perfectly emulated Martin Sheen voice?

I would think less of you if you didn't.

Bobble on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Whelp, looks like I'm playing Heavy Melee in my first ME3 run.

This I must experience.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    We better get to punch-out at least one small Reaper from the inside.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    OptimusZed wrote: »

This I must experience.

I too wish to complete Maxine Shepard's transformation into a BERSERKER-PACKING MAN-AND-A-HALF.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    OptimusZed wrote: »

This I must experience.

I too wish to complete Maxine Shepard's transformation into a BERSERKER-PACKING MAN-AND-A-HALF.

I'm almost sold on that myself, especially since my cannon shep was a soldier and I loved getting up close and personal.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net