As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

school is for pretentious assholes

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    Academia, ladies and gentlemen!

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    On the plus side, um.... no, there is no plus side. At all.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    academia!

*jazz hands*

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    B+ for all!

satansfingers on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Callius wrote: »
    On the plus side, um.... no, there is no plus side. At all.

well, there is a noticeably decreased chance of losing your hands in an industrial accident

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    also you get to spend your life engaging with material that interests you

[tiny]until you finally plumb it of all its treasures and have even your personal interests left desiccated husks[/tiny]

that's a bonus!

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So I joined my school's philosophy club on accident today. The professor invited us all, but he made it sound like a mandatory thing so I went, and they assumed I was in the club, and they wrote my name down in the roster and everything

I'm scared

glithert on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    glithert wrote: »
    So I joined my school's philosophy club on accident today. The professor invited us all, but he made it sound like a mandatory thing so I went, and they assumed I was in the club, and they wrote my name down in the roster and everything

I'm scared

You could just not go to their next meeting.

But you should instead give the club a try because philosophy clubs are awesome.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

aaaah that site bugs me
    'view all' = VIEW ALL
    Not show more and still have pages
    :x

skettios on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    glithert wrote: »

I'm scared

Simply prove you don't exist.

Can't attend if you don't exist!

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The Daily Beast's galleries are rarely worth loading.

Not confident I will pass my AP tests. Shit.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    If any of your AP tests involve essays: study up on women's rights. Over the last two years, both the AP Euro and AP US history exams, as well as the AP English exam, asked about women's rights in the essay.
    There is no guarantee that they will do it again but those test writers sure do love women's rights

Edit: I may be wrong about all those test having an essay regarding women's rights but I am confident that at least two did
    Take that as you will

DrDinosaur on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The Daily Beast's galleries are rarely worth loading.

Not confident I will pass my AP tests. Shit.

Which ones are you taking? If I could pass the ones I took and barely remember, you can too.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    DrDinosaur wrote: »
    If any of your AP tests involve essays: study up on women's rights. Over the last two years, both the AP Euro and AP US history exams, as well as the AP English exam, asked about women's rights in the essay.
    There is no guarantee that they will do it again but those test writers sure do love women's rights

Edit: I may be wrong about all those test having an essay regarding women's rights but I am confident that at least two did
    Take that as you will

yeah, two whole years of maybe some of the tests potentially having had topics on one subject is definitely a reason to believe that they are gonna do the same questions forever

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    One AP test I had in high school made me write on an Onion article. I hated that one.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It's been a few years now but I seem to remember getting a list of the essay questions from the AP tests from the past few years for APUSH

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    DrDinosaur wrote: »

Take that as you will

One of the AP US essay was about women in the progressive era last year

I don't remember the AP English Language and Composition test AT ALL

but I got a 5 on it

so that means I probably did not have to write about women's rights.

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Taking AP environmental science, AP government, and literature. Literature I am sure to fail.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Taking AP environmental science, AP government, and literature. Literature I am sure to fail.

I too am taking government and lit

also taking AP Psych. That one's on monday. I need to start studying. Meh.

Lit is gonna be easy, don't worry about it. If you read good books this year, you'll have plenty of material, and the multiple choice is simple.

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Lucky bastards. My high school of about 410 people only had some AP histories, AP government, and AP something to do with English.

Huh, about 60 percent of my school was economically disadvantaged in 2009.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    AP Psych is the hardest class I've ever taken

and I took latin!

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    They didn't start offering AP Language until I was a senior and they only let juniors take it for whatever reason

they let us take the test if we wanted though and it still counted

got a 5 IIRC

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    My AP US essay question, way back when I took it, was about farmers in the late 19th century

I think

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sal wrote: »
    My AP US essay question, way back when I took it, was about farmers in the late 19th century

I think

Shit, I think that was mine

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I don't really remember anything about it anymore

But at the time I answered the shit out of that question

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I know everything Sal. I hate you. I hope you die.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    w-what!

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    w-what!

Troll. :x

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Did you expect me to roll over and take it Pharezon

I wasn't gonna go out like a chump

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• Options
    RanxRanx Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm kinda regretting not taking a summer course.

Ranx on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Bested by a bunch of trolls. Shameful.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Pharezon wrote: »

8-)

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    edited April 2011

8-)

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

8-)

:rotate:

Seriously on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This summer I have a CNA course, gonna get a big boy job in August. Then I get to work full time and finish up my nursing.

First though I need to finish this fucking 5 page essasy about bullshit ethics, and then finish my Trig, and pass my finals.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

No no no don't think this way! You will be able to do it. Just make sure you keep up with the reading. If you keep up with the reading, you are GOLDEN

I am currently waiting to hear back from my college as to whether I've made it into their fall teaching credential program

I am slowly being driven insane because it is taking so long to get the verdict

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Just realized next year I'll have to take 7 AP tests

That'll be so much fun
    I'm going to die

Next year in general is going to be so damn difficult, but so damn worth it if I pull it off.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I think I am excited to be off school for a few months

I hope I can get some good work done over the summer that would be ideal.

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Uuuurgh, 83% on an accounting 1B test

I am so wholly against true/false/multiple-choice questions on any exam or test. For one, it permits someone to guess the correct answer. For another, they often end up not demonstrating actual useful knowledge as they do your ability to remember the odder facts. Also, I nearly always end up over-thinking them. I really don't think they have a place ANYWHERE in adult education. And what does it teach one, anyway? What 'critical thinking' was there in answering mostly accurate/inaccurate to banal questions? How on earth does it actually require one to use their brain?

Anyway... 6 out of 8 of the questions I got wrong were because I thought too hard about the question or because I don't feel the question was specific enough (for example: The question was, 'What is NOT an advantage of a partnership?' and one of the answers was 'Freedom from government rules and regulations' which half the class picked and got wrong... our instructor explained that it was 'freedom from government rules and regulations in comparison to corporations, which was not stated anywhere in the question, and anyway, why give an answer that sounds so resolute? He then agreed that the actual answer was vague and 'could have been one of two other possibilities...')

It wasn't just me... half the class failed, and nearly everyone had difficulty with the same questions I did, which should surely tell the instructor something.

On the non-multiple choice part I got 98%. For god's sake, give me a full written exam so I can actually demonstrate my actual knowledge.

Janson on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    the best multiple choice questions are the ones that are answered by the given information in another multiple choice question elsewhere in the test

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
This discussion has been closed.