As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game of Thrones: Episode 4 "Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things"

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I didn't really feel the rushing. In fact, I enjoyed not needing countless hours to describe the wall being climbed. Just fucking climb...done.

Hunter on
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    man totally wanna read dees books now

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    If you liked the first episode, then hold on to your ass.

Shit will be hitting fans in ways that you can't even comprehend.

Hunter on
  • Options
    s7apsters7apster Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hunter wrote: »
    If you liked the first episode, then hold on to your ass.

Shit will be hitting fans in ways that you can't even comprehend.

It's like the seven kingdoms are a fan factory, and the folks who live there are like this poor, poor marathon runner.

s7apster on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    this is what I keep hearing.

Everyone I know who's read it says it's their fave.

Finally we gettin some good TV wit swords. Fuck dat Spartacus shit.

Staleghoti on
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Seriously, my wife got all upset at the end of the first episode. I just smiled and said wait for it.

Hunter on
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    smof wrote: »
    Enjoyed this first episode. It wasn't amazing, things felt rushed, but that's not surprising given the amount of characters they have to introduce and plots they have to set up. Really liked all the casting, especially the Stark kids. Jaime's accent was a bit odd but I can deal. Title sequence was awesome. Can't wait for the next episode, and hopefully all the future series, assuming HBO doesn't pull a Deadwood on us.

I certainly didn't pull a Deadwood during the first episode, if you know what I mean. :winky:

Really though, I can't remember if it's in ACoK or ASoS but
    Dondarrion's duel with The Hound is going to be rad.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I can't fuckin wait to show it to the gf.

I keep hypin it to her and she's all "But I hate that fantasy stuff"

I'm all, "just... just watch it"

Staleghoti on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    It's not really fantasy in like "a wizard did it".

I basically convinced the wife that if she loved The Tudors, that she could get into this. It's more about human power struggles and people just completely fucking each other over for the throne. By the way, armies clash and dudes get sworded in the face. Still...politics...and titties.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Yeah my girl got all "fantasy" on me when I mentioned dragons

Staleghoti on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Watching the episode a second time I noticed Hodor standing next to the Starks when they're waiting for the king to arrive and I shouted Hodor at the teevee.

Think this could be a good series to create a drinking game for. Drink whenever Hodor says "Hodor", whenever Ned talks about honour, whenever Tyrion does the nasty, whenever you feel like punching Joffrey...

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You would need to be hooked up to an alcohol IV if you had to drink everytime you wanted to punch Joffrey.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    CUTE WIDDLE WOLF PUPPIES

They make me so happy.

skettios on
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I've not read the books, but we have HBO on demand, so I will be watching this.

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    HuxleyHuxley Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    My wife's reactions, having not read the books (obvious book 1/season 1 spoilers):
    1) "I know there are going to be dragons, just tell me when the dragons show up. I wanna see dragons." Probably in the last 60 seconds of the season. "Ughhh."
    2) "Those puppies are so cute, they'd better not kill any of them off."
    and, of course
    3) "Well, at least I know they won't kill off the main guy, he's the only actor on the show people know."

Also, to keep track of who people are, she just refers to them how she needs to, meaning Tyrion is "Elf" and Jaime is "Aaron Eckhart." Jon is "Orlando Bloom." Ned is "Viggo."

Viserys is "That asshole."

Huxley on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    oh jesus, if people are getting mad at THIS point, after only one episode, how the fuck are they gonna handle
    ned dying, the red wedding, renly being murdered, arya getting the short shit-covered end of the stick like 9 times outta ten and then getting shivved with the other, pointier end the other 1 time, fuckin' Jon's hot firecrotch wildling lady getting smoked, Dany's whole ordeal with her husband dying and then giving birth to a fucked up little monster... man, GRRM sure knows how to kick a dude in the emotional clackers.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Prohass wrote: »
    Plus you know Storm of Swords was split into two books outside of the US:
    Steel and Snow
    Blood and Gold

wait really thats kinda dumb its not that big

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    oh jesus, if people are getting mad at THIS point, after only one episode, how the fuck are they gonna handle
    ned dying, the red wedding, renly being murdered, arya getting the short shit-covered end of the stick like 9 times outta ten and then getting shivved with the other, pointier end the other 1 time, fuckin' Jon's hot firecrotch wildling lady getting smoked, Dany's whole ordeal with her husband dying and then giving birth to a fucked up little monster... man, GRRM sure knows how to kick a dude in the emotional clackers.

Badly.

Seriously on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Seriously wrote: »

Badly.

And for those already in the know it will be hilarious to see their reactions

Solar on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Menolly07 wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I just finished watching the first episode

I think I will be watching this show from now on

Just someone please tell me that Sean Bean doesn't die in something for once

Because I swear that's all he ever does

I actually nearly peed my pants laughing at this one. I really, really, REALLY wish I could be in the room when that particular episode airs.

I have rewatched it now.. Twice. I am developing quite the crush on Emilia Clarke. Seriously.. I keep telling myself, "The actress is legal, I think.... Yes.. LEGAL!!"

They don't seem to be making her age publicly available
    But I'm pretty sure if she's getting her tits out on TV she's got to be at least 18

I tried not to make this sound creepy but it still did

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    she's 23 guys

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Watching this episode made me feel like this

Glug glug...Ah.. ahh... oh yeah...

KalTorak on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    That was a pretty sweet character intro.

LaOs on
  • Options
    AsiriyaAsiriya Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Gawds, this thread is annoying. At the end of that episode I have no idea who anyones names are, so I'm reading through trying to attach faces, hitting the Ice and Fire wiki and getting seriously spoilered.
    So not worth it :/

Not sure how much I liked it. It was certainly interesting, but the pacing was off for me. It definitely felt like it was initially a book, compared to say Deadwood which seemed to flow very nicely while still juggling a large number of characters.
    On the other hand, I found it more interesting than the first episodes of the Wire and Deadwood, so I'm hopeful. :D
    I hate that I'm again watching a show that I have to wait a week to continue though, watching four episodes of Deadwood a night has spoiled me.

Asiriya on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Kusuguttai wrote: »
    Steel and Snow
    Blood and Gold

Each of the two parts is about 700-800 pages, which is the same range as all the other individual books.

According to wikipedia in France it was cut into four.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Asiriya wrote: »
    Gawds, this thread is annoying. At the end of that episode I have no idea who anyones names are, so I'm reading through trying to attach faces, hitting the Ice and Fire wiki and getting seriously spoilered.

Not sure how much I liked it. It was certainly interesting, but the pacing was off for me. It definitely felt like it was initially a book, compared to say Deadwood which seemed to flow very nicely while still juggling a large number of characters.
    On the other hand, I found it more interesting than the first episodes of the Wire and Deadwood, so I'm hopeful. :D
    I hate that I'm again watching a show that I have to wait a week to continue though, watching four episodes of Deadwood a night has spoiled me.

Do not wiki, The HBO site has a non spoilery character guide. I should have put it in the OP, I will when I get home

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    smof wrote: »
    Steel and Snow
    Blood and Gold

Each of the two parts is about 700-800 pages, which is the same range as all the other individual books.

According to wikipedia in France it was cut into four.

still dumb
    you don't chop les miserables or count of monte cristo up, and those are both 1400+ pages

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I was having the same issue with the names. Luckily I went with image searching as to keep my knowledge virgin.

Hopefully your spoilers were mun-danish.

Monsty on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    they probably weren't horrible things happen to literally every character in the series

i cant think of a single character who doesn't have something terrible happen to them by the fourth book

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    hodor

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    he's a retarded giant whose limited to one word for the rest of his life

i count that as a horrible thing

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    they probably weren't horrible things happen to literally every character in the series

i cant think of a single character who doesn't have something terrible happen to them by the fourth book

Well, there's C... no, wait. B... no. I'm sure S... no, that's not right.

Damn.

Oh, I think I know one!
    Lord Frey hasn't had anything awful happen. In fact, he has been pretty well rewarded.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Tomanta wrote: »

Damn.

Oh, I think I know one!
    Lord Frey hasn't had anything awful happen. In fact, he has been pretty well rewarded.

he's like a D list character in that we see him all of two or three times

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    roose bolton

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    We don't see him often, but he is responsible for one of the biggest events in the series. I'd say that bumps him up past D list.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Damn.

Oh, I think I know one!
    Euron Crow's Eye? He has done many horrible things, but I guess we don't know what if anything has happened to him.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Oh, I have a good one.
    Littlefinger is doing extremely well for himself.

Actually, I don't think anything horrible has happened to Varys, either.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Balefuego wrote: »

Do not wiki, The HBO site has a non spoilery character guide. I should have put it in the OP, I will when I get home

http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/

skettios on
  • Options
    Kitten SwarmKitten Swarm Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Huxley wrote: »
    Viserys is "That asshole."

:^:

Episode 6 is going to be great.

Kitten Swarm on
    You may learn that one day to your sorrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh, I have a good one.
    Littlefinger is doing extremely well for himself.

Actually, I don't think anything horrible has happened to Varys, either.

For Varys, you mean besides
    losing his position as the master of whisperers?

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.