As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Moving!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    Hunter wrote: »
    We moved to Indiana 8 months ago and as soon as we have the money we're moving back to Florida.

Since 1994 I've moved 42 times between 5 states and about 8 cities.

Wait, you want to move back to Florida? On purpose?

Man, I actually like Florida. I hate cold weather, and Fort Myers is a solid town. I grew up there for the most part (moved there from New York when I was 9) I have friends there. It's a good place to be.

Also, when you live in Terre Haute, Indiana almost anywhere is an improvement.

Seriously though, it's the only state with their own Fark tag for a reason. Just saying.

Oh, I know. Inland Florida is the worst. When you get to the cost though it is pleasant.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Junpei wrote: »
    I'm moving from my current tiny one bed flat to a much larger two bed maisonette in Surrey as soon as the previous tenant moves out. Looks to be like I'm moving on the 7th but who knows.

The complication is that I'm working in that area from the 3rd and don't have anywhere nearby to live D:

B&B for those few days?

Liiya on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Liiya wrote: »
    I'm moving from my current tiny one bed flat to a much larger two bed maisonette in Surrey as soon as the previous tenant moves out. Looks to be like I'm moving on the 7th but who knows.

The complication is that I'm working in that area from the 3rd and don't have anywhere nearby to live D:

B&B for those few days?

Spend your afternoons and evenings at a Chair, Lunch, Dinner too.

Hunter on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2011
    Balefuego wrote: »
    apartment hunting sucks

this is the truth

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2011
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Also: I am too drunk to move.

tonkka i thought you were abstaining

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm thinking of moving again. Getting a bit tired of flatmates walking into my room naked...

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    take pictures of them when they do it

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

B&B for those few days?

Spend your afternoons and evenings at a Chair, Lunch, Dinner too.

This is the current plan but with a bit of luck I may have some place to stay for those days

Junpei on
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I am moving from Virginia to Alaska in a couple months.

None of this moving across town or down the road shit for me. No sir.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm moving back into my mum's place. I've been practically living there for a while now but it's going to be official once I pass this shithole back to the landlord

On the plus side, virtually everything I need has already been transferred, so it's not like this is going to be a really stressful transition or anything

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    moving to ny in july/august

going to be broke and in debt. finally!

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Me too Snowbeat, just without the debt.

Go us!

Liiya on
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    you can have mine if you want

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    You sell it well

But I'll pass, thanks.

Liiya on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Moving is a pain in the butt. But putting together ikea furniture gives me a sense of accomplishment, so I like that. Also, I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to books and movies and junk, so last time I moved, I had ten huge boxes just of books and that was terrible to get moving

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    liiya is off to NY? :P

my boss has been really nice t me lately witch is pretty ironic all things considered.

on the plus side, my aunts boss has agreed to hire me at a warehouse when i get to Cali. dudes loaded apparently nd seems real happy to let me onboard 8)

HeavyVillain on
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It shouldn't be a problem for you, Liiya. I'm assuming it's debt in US Dollars, so you can pay it off with 60% of the amount in pounds.

godmode on
  • Options
    CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    We will be moving out of this house in November. It's way too big and it's completely covered in hardwood. While it's not absolutely awful, we do have a better idea now of what we want out of a house. Carpets are definitely something we want. We may go ahead and just buy, I dunno.

ALso I have an Ikea coffee table... it's absolutely huge, thick and dark brown colored. I only spent $45 and it's the best coffee table I've ever had.

Cogliostro on
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I've moved every year since I got to Cork. I haven't stayed anywhere longer than a year.

That Dave Fella on
    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    godmode wrote: »
    It shouldn't be a problem for you, Liiya. I'm assuming it's debt in US Dollars, so you can pay it off with 60% of the amount in pounds.

If only I weren't so damn poor.

Liiya on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    We moved into our place in June, but it feels like we are just now getting really settled and set up.

Langly on
  • Options
    CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I've moved every year since I got to Cork. I haven't stayed anywhere longer than a year.

Dirty gypsy!

Cogliostro on
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    i'm moving soon in august

i'm either moving into visio/tank's complex or to lawrenceville

It is a hard decision whether i want $200 less rent and a short commute or $500 and a long one.

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Langly wrote: »
    We moved into our place in June, but it feels like we are just now getting really settled and set up.

I know what you mean. I still have boxes stacked around my living room, the floor of my bedroom is covered in clothes I don't wear and old military gear I don't need anymore, and I have an unassembled dresser sitting in the box in front of my bedroom door as a reminder that I still have to put it together.

godmode on
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    it seems like whenever i move i end up throwing away most of the stuff i moved in with because i don't actually need it.

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    once i get a job and save up i am moving out of the uk

Beasteh on
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Langly wrote: »

We're still unpacking for our new place and we got here in November.

Yukira on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm going to being moving in June.

I am not looking forward to it because moving suuuuuuuuuuuucks.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I recently moved to a bigger suite in the same complex. A third of my stuff is still in boxes but all in all it's coming together much better than my last apartment. I could actually see myself living in it more than one year.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited April 2011

It's a shame, I'm sure someone here would fake marry you for a green card if you wanted to come live in the states.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

It's a shame, I'm sure someone here would fake marry you for a green card if you wanted to come live in the states.

Aww, that's sweet.

But I love my NHS too much.

Liiya on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    yeah fuck paying for healthcare

i really want to live in vancouver :C

Beasteh on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    My girlfriend is moving in with me this week, so I'm kind of involved in the process. I'm working long hours, and she doesn't have that much stuff, so it's actually been pretty pain free on my end.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Aww, that's sweet.

But I love my NHS too much.

Some Americans do actually have healthcare. Just saying. Just marry one of them and you're set.

Hunter on
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This is the first time since 2004 that I am not moving after having lived somewhere for a year. It feels... strange
    and on that note, my parents (or my mom at least) are terribly offended that i said i never want to live with them again. meaning that, by the time i get out of college, i will do my damndest to stay the fuck out of their house except to visit.

Mine were a little sad, but understanding. We grew up watching was the Cosby show. I basically told them that I didn't want that to happen, so unless something catastrophic happens, I'm not moving back.

I think they miss having me around though. Always trying to get me to visit and when I do visit, to get me to stay over.

skettios on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Some Americans do actually have healthcare. Just saying. Just marry one of them and you're set.

But I like the UK....

Liiya on
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    putting my stuff into storage for the summer and staying with my parents, and attempting to find a smaller place for next year. I hate moving. I have too much stuff for one person (and it's not even that much stuff! I can't imagine how much of a pain in the ass it would be to have a whole house full of things and have to move)

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    putting my stuff into storage for the summer and staying with my parents, and attempting to find a smaller place for next year. I hate moving. I have too much stuff for one person (and it's not even that much stuff! I can't imagine how much of a pain in the ass it would be to have a whole house full of things and have to move)

We're doing the whole everything in storage and stay with parents thing too. End of May our lease is up and we are moving back to Florida but we don't have the money yet. My Mom is also moving there but she needs to sell her house first. So, we are staying there until we save up the money or the house sells.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

But I like the UK....

And the UK likes you, Liiya!

Everyone seems to be abandoning Blighty these days for foreign climes

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    It would take something pretty fantastic to make me leave the safety of the EU. Like an awesome job.

Liiya on