As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[RIFT] - Update 1.7 : Patch notes page 86 guild on gnarlewood

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    huh

when the fuck that did happen? that would make wednesday the new farm night I guess

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Wait so

Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Monday? Cause if so, that is hilariously too much Warlee

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    yeah wednesday is apparently an official raid night now so you guys have two nights for akylios erry week

enjoy that

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    flammiebcflammiebc Registered User regular
    Is the crafted set gear worth obtaining for someone who can't be bothered to herd cats? (late night PST playtimes = no raid groups for me) I've come into possession of ~600p thanks to artifact boxes before they nerfed them into the ground with the last hotfix, and have most available upgrades from t2 experts. Aside from hoarding hundreds of inscribed sourcestone, I really don't see anything else worth pursuing at the moment.

Switch: SW-7753-7176-1119
    PSN: LucidStar_BC
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    What class are you? Some of the crafted stuff is BiS until raid gear.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    Cleric (non-tank atm, but I could be persuaded to switch out of boredom).

• Options
    Hmm. Not to sure about Cleric stuff. I know I used to sell a ton of the crafted shoulders.

Also.

HILARIOUSLY, they must have downed Grug last night because some random new warrior has the bonegrinder.

The way things are going, I'll probably have a shot at a relic weapon before getting it.

• Options
    bonegrinder dropped last weeks grug kill I think

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Scored me a cheap 60-day game card from a friend with an employee discount. And now I can't redeem the damn thing, site goes "unable to redeem at this time, try later".

Which isn't the same as "nope incorrect code", so now I have no idea which side the problem is on. Well, it's done that for 24 hours now so I sent a support request.

• Options
    Woo, got it working. What I thought was an N was actually a mutilated M.

• Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    For end game raiding, in the healer roles, is Chloromancer a viable choice?

• Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    Yes.

The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    That Inert Raptor Egg from a previous event that requires doodads from earth/fire rifts - do those thingies still drop if you get the egg, or do you need to trade current event tokens to level the egg?

• Options
    They may drop, but it'd just be faster to rift and do the mobile app scratch off game for the beads.

• Options
    Warlee literally doesn't realize when people are joking/kidding around.

• Options
    Warlee is Asperger's, embodied.

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Yeah, probably. On the plus side. I will most likely have the Kraken's Spine soon.

Then... I don't know.

Malkor on
  • Options
    Every once in a while I have a tiny twinge of envy that I'm not getting loot and all, and then I remember that I get to go to have a life on Saturdays, and I feel good!

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    Yeah, I normally can't make it on Saturdays, but my gf went to see a show. Moonrabbit had a talk with my about my dedication on Saturdays and basically I was all, "ok I am busy on Saturdays".
    I sure told him.

• Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    So thread, as anyone who reads the SW:TOR thread might have guessed, i'm on a desperate search for an MMO to play casually.

Is this that MMO? More importantly; Does Rift Lite allow for a good indication of each class up to level 20? Or is this one of those games that really only blossoms in end-game?

• Options
    It's pretty enjoyable throughout. No calling/soul combo is really front/end-loaded.

• Options
    Ok 2 more questions and i'm done:

1) Can I respec a character for little/no cost? For example if I decide I want to play as a Paladin instead of the Reaver? Or is your choice locked?

2) If the character IS locked into the first choice, then how many character slots does Rift Lite have? Limitless?

• Options
    you can respec at any time, it starts out free and ends up super fucking cheap (50 gold, not plat just gold)

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Eeeexcellent.

Thanks for the quesitons, I'll definately give this a shot asap!

• Options
    edited March 2012
    You really only need four character slots anyway - one for each calling. The rest is just for altoholism.

Echo on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    Plus you can have up to six slots for seperate builds

I've never ever needed more then four
    grats on getting to akylios by the way dudes

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, really the main question you have to ask yourself is what you want to look like while you do damage.

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    If anyone would like to try out Rift, I'd be more than happy to send an Ascend-a-Friend invite along your way. Three subscribers and I get a shiny mount!

• Options
    Scrounged up 220 focus through dungeoneering this weekend (3 t1 raid badges per random was a nice perk too) - for trying the 10 man t1 raids, are the pug groups I'm seeing advertised in general chat worth jumping into, or are these just cleverly disguised methods of trolling?

It's kinda hard to tell how my performance is, since it seems random dungeons queues are largely populated by HK-geared raiders steamrolling things for their one mark. Great for getting me loot, I guess, but I haven't seen more than one phase of some of the dungeon bosses so far.

• Options
    I've pugged through everything but HK and LOTP and a majority of the time, they've gone pretty well. Sometimes we just don't have the dps needed to burn through some of the more complex mechanics. This is on Faeblight however, so your experience may vary.

• Options
    Freshly dinged 50 warrior. 700-something DPS on the boss dummy, is that acceptable?

• Options
    For freshly dinged, that's not bad. Do some experts and boost that a bunch more.

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    I'm just 10 points off on strength and hit to do experts, but I still have some low-40s gear to replace. Then I'll hit some experts.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    If you have any plat, grab some runes off the AH and just jump immediately in. After maybe a week's worth of random dungeons you'll have enough drops and plaques to be raid ready. I think Beasteh was raid-ready after a day, but he's a crazy person.

edit: by week's worth of random dungeons, i mean maybe 7. I dont mean constantly doing dungeons for a week.

hoodie13 on
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    Wow. Yeah, did expert Caduceus. Tons of plaques. This'll go faster than I expected.

• Options
    You should do Darkening Deeps...

:evil:

• Options
    I should really spend more time in game not raiding.

• Options
    SA killed Sic, Grug, and RK/PM last night. Granted, some of them are HK geared already, but not to the breadth that TEC is. I think TEC is just filled with baddies (Ategev)

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    I guess I'll see if I can find pug raids on Wolfsbane - the population seems to be about even compared to faeblight, so it'll be more a matter of finding them running on evenings pacific time.

• Options
    Switched to a dualwield spec. 1100 dps, though now I have a fair chunk of new gear compared to when I checked the dps on my Riftblade spec.

This discussion has been closed.