Options

Fail potions and find frog cards in [POTTERMORE]

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    http://www.pottermore.com/en/book1/chapter5/moment4/wand-woods

The wand wood stuff is super interesting, holy shit there are a lot of types

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Fuck potions man

How do I "wave my wand"?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Your wand is next to your ingredients on the right hand side. Click on it and it'll automatically wave.

Yeah potions can be tough.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    my wand:

BLACK WALNUT WITH DRAGON CORE, FOURTEEN INCHES, UNYIELDING

damn that is a badass wand

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    and I'm in Slytherin

all according to plan

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I tried this last night but quit after practicing potion making. It's probably fun later when you learn spells and whatnot but the beginning it's pretty boring.

I was sorted into Slytherin which is hilarious/awesome.

• Options
    So it seems I was the only one to pick a toad. This is the path I have chosen to walk down.

• Options
    I imagine I'm some form of master thief, posing as a student

Lifting books straight out of other students' pockets and putting them in my trunk, running off with any gold or valuable ingredients I can get my hands on

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    FlameRain23950

mine was pretty good, it was either this, AccioEyes, StarCentaur, MidnightNimbus, HazelYew or something else.

Man, AccioEyes is metal as shit. Just pulling out dudes' eyeballs.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    mine was pretty good, it was either this, AccioEyes, StarCentaur, MidnightNimbus, HazelYew or something else.

D:

EDIT: Damnit Lobster.

Flay on
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I'm a Ravenclaw

I have a Phoenix-feather wand

I feel cool

• Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    omg my thread is back

HELLO THREAD

I got hella distracted from this, even though I was in the beta.. I'm not even the part where you get sorted yet. I'll do that after work. I hope I get Hufflepuff, tbh.

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Add the mighty GoldDream3082

No book is safe from his grasp

He is the guy Librarians hate

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    So I was gonna be WizardStone10009, but apparently if you type a password that doesn't meet their minimum requirements and you have to type in a new one, it resets your name choice to the first one. So I'm ScaleOwl26963, which would have been the second choice of what was available to me.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    10 inch brittle redwood with unicorn core

not unicorn hair. unicorn

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Flay wrote: »

D:

EDIT: Damnit Lobster.

Hey @Flay, just letting you know I sent you a friend request. I'm QuaffleShadow :D

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I fucking hate potion making. For some reason, even though in doing the boils the book goes away with 1 click elsewhere, as I was trying ANY other potion (I tried to do the poison cure and the sleeping potion) the book WONT FUCKING GO AWAY NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I CLICK TO SOMETHING ELSE. It slowed me down enough to screw me over.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I am Spellphoenix31165.

I do not yet have a validation email.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Finally got the sleeping potion brewing. Geez.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I'm a Ravenclaw

I feel cool

aw what you signed up for this and I didn't know

now I have to!

• Options
    JoIn me bugbro

Join me!

• Options
    What are your usernames so we can be buds.

• Options
    I'm a Ravenclaw

I feel cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXw6znXPfy4

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    alright I'm gonna hop on this

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    What are your usernames so we can be buds.

I am ThestralSpirit2524

• Options
    I'm a hufflepuff.

I don't know how to feel about that.

• Options
    FelicisMarauder6191

tell me that ain't the coolest name

• Options
    I'm a hufflepuff.

I don't know how to feel about that.

I'm sorry

• Options
    Shush. Hufflepuffs have just as much glory as all the other houses, they just don't gotta brag about it.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    I'm surprising there isn't a Harry Potter MMO

• Options
    how do you actually get objects

can you get the put-outer, for instance, in the first chapter?

• Options
    Shush. Hufflepuffs have just as much glory as all the other houses, they just don't gotta brag about it.

no

they really don't

• Options
    Skull Man wrote: »

no

they really don't

Do I have to show you JK's welcome letter?

• Options
    Welcome letter
    Congratulations! I’m Prefect Gabriel Truman, and I’m delighted to welcome you to HUFFLEPUFF HOUSE. Our emblem is the badger, an animal that is often underestimated, because it lives quietly until attacked, but which, when provoked, can fight off animals much larger than itself, including wolves. Our house colours are yellow and black, and our common room lies one floor below the ground, on the same corridor as the kitchens.

Now, there are a few things you should know about Hufflepuff house. First of all, let’s deal with a perennial myth about the place, which is that we’re the least clever house. WRONG. Hufflepuff is certainly the least boastful house, but we’ve produced just as many brilliant witches and wizards as any other. Want proof? Look up Grogan Stump, one of the most popular Ministers for Magic of all time. He was a Hufflepuff – as were the successful Ministers Artemesia Lufkin and Dugald McPhail. Then there’s the world authority on magical creatures, Newt Scamander; Bridget Wenlock, the famous thirteenth-century Arithmancer who first discovered the magical properties of the number seven, and Hengist of Woodcroft, who founded the all-wizarding village of Hogsmeade, which lies very near Hogwarts School. Hufflepuffs all.

So, as you can see, we’ve produced more than our fair share of powerful, brilliant and daring witches and wizards, but, just because we don’t shout about it, we don’t get the credit we deserve. Ravenclaws, in particular, assume that any outstanding achiever must have come from their house. I got into big trouble during my third year for duelling a Ravenclaw prefect who insisted that Bridget Wenlock had come from his house, not mine. I should have got a week of detentions, but Professor Sprout let me off with a warning and a box of coconut ice.

Hufflepuffs are trustworthy and loyal. We don’t shoot our mouths off, but cross us at your peril; like our emblem, the badger, we will protect ourselves, our friends and our families against all-comers. Nobody intimidates us.

However, it’s true that Hufflepuff is a bit lacking in one area. We’ve produced the fewest Dark wizards of any house in this school. Of course, you’d expect Slytherin to churn out evil-doers, seeing as they’ve never heard of fair play and prefer cheating over hard work any day, but even Gryffindor (the house we get on best with) has produced a few dodgy characters.

What else do you need to know? Oh yes, the entrance to the common room is concealed in a stack of large barrels in a nook on the right hand side of the kitchen corridor. Tap the barrel two from the bottom, middle of the second row, in the rhythm of ‘Helga Hufflepuff’, and the lid will swing open. We are the only house at Hogwarts that also has a repelling device for would-be intruders. If the wrong lid is tapped, or if the rhythm of the tapping is wrong, the illegal entrant is doused in vinegar.

You will hear other houses boast of their security arrangements, but it so happens that in more than a thousand years, the Hufflepuff common room and dormitories have never been seen by outsiders. Like badgers, we know exactly how to lie low – and how to defend ourselves.

Once you’ve opened the barrel, crawl inside and along the passageway behind it, and you will emerge into the cosiest common room of them all. It is round and earthy and low-ceilinged; it always feels sunny, and its circular windows have a view of rippling grass and dandelions.

There is a lot of burnished copper about the place, and many plants, which either hang from the ceiling or sit on the windowsills. Our Head of house, Professor Pomona Sprout, is Head of Herbology, and she brings the most interesting specimens (some of which dance and talk) to decorate our room – one reason why Hufflepuffs are often very good at Herbology. Our overstuffed sofas and chairs are upholstered in yellow and black, and our dormitories are reached through round doors in the walls of the common room. Copper lamps cast a warm light over our four-posters, all of which are covered in patchwork quilts, and copper bed warmers hang on the walls, should you have cold feet.

Our house ghost is the friendliest of them all: the Fat Friar. You’ll recognise him easily enough; he’s plump and wears monk’s robes, and he’s very helpful if you get lost or are in any kind of trouble.

I think that’s nearly everything. I must say, I hope some of you are good Quidditch players. Hufflepuff hasn’t done as well as I’d like in the Quidditch tournament lately.

You should sleep comfortably. We’re protected from storms and wind down in our dormitories; we never have the disturbed nights those in the towers sometimes experience.

And once again: congratulations on becoming a member of the friendliest, most decent and most tenacious house of them all.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Said Slytherin, "We'll teach just those
    Whose ancestry's purest."
    Said Ravenclaw, "We'll teach those whose
    Intelligence is surest."

Said Gryffindor, "We'll teach all those
    With brave deeds to their name."
    Said Hufflepuff, "I'll teach the lot
    And treat them just the same."

Skull Man on
  • Options
    What else do you need to know? Oh yes, the entrance to the common room is concealed in a stack of large barrels in a nook on the right hand side of the kitchen corridor.

a
    ahahahhahahahahah
    Once you’ve opened the barrel, crawl inside and along the passageway behind it, and you will emerge into the cosiest common room of them all.

ahahahhahahahahahha

• Options
    Pfft like its just some tiny barrel. Its one of those giant ale barrels like you see in old style pubs.

That is is, skull man, as soon as you are sorted it is Wizard Duel time.

• Options
    if it's such a big barrel why are you crawling

or do you just know your place that well

• Options
    That said I do like that I can sneak to the kitchen pretty easily.

I'm all for snackin yo.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Skull Man wrote: »
    if it's such a big barrel why are you crawling

or do you just know your place that well

In the book they talk about crawling through the Fat Lady's portrait for Gryffindor common room but the movie its more like a big ole door, so I assume it would be the same deal for all houses.

Goose! on