As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fail potions and find frog cards in [POTTERMORE]

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    btw good job finding out seven is magical like 5000 years after the hebrews and 2500 years after the greeks

but I guess badgers aren't the swiftest

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Pfft. Like Hebrews and Greeks exist in the Wizarding world.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Hufflepuffs are Marxist communists.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I am PumpkinMoon29048. Be my friend.

And, Slytherin rules. I got into the best house.

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Hufflepuff sucks.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    This doesn't work on phones so well

• Options
    Taya I accepted

I hope I get into Slytherin

Ravenclaw wouldn't be too bad, but if was hufflepuff, god, I'd just get back on the train and go home

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    I am PumpkinMoon29048. Be my friend.

And, Slytherin rules. I got into the best house.

Ravenclaw is best

If you don't agree you are just not clever enough to see the truth

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Hufflepuff don't care. Hufflepuff don't give a shit.

• Options
    Hey

Hey Goose

Ravenclaw rules

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Joined up.

StormMoon28050
    Ravenclaw

The sorting method was actually a little surprising. Not a lot of overt choices, like, would you steal to win, or are you a book type guy. Was a nice change of pace.
    Now, on to be the smartest StormMoon I can be!

• Options
    BLACK WALNUT WITH PHOENIX FEATHER CORE, THIRTEEN AND A QUARTER INCHES, HARD

SHIT

YES

• Options
    mNSzU.png

everyone check out my big hard black dick of a wand

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    ha, just as I am rereading the books

FlightHawthorn23875. I was offered NewtGalleon but I didn't want to end up in Slytherin

wait does you name effect you house?

• Options
    Black Walnut

Less common than the standard walnut wand, that of black walnut seeks a master of good instincts and powerful insight. Black walnut is a very handsome wood, but not the easiest to master. It has one pronounced quirk, which is that it is abnormally attuned to inner conflict, and loses power dramatically if its possessor practises any form of self-deception. If the witch or wizard is unable or unwilling to be honest with themselves or others, the wand often fails to perform adequately and must be matched with a new owner if it is to regain its former prowess. Paired with a sincere, self-aware owner, however, it becomes one of the most loyal and impressive wands of all, with a particular flair in all kinds of charmwork.

oh rad

• Options
    SO I guess I have no idea what I'm doing? I got to the end of chapter 1, how do I get to chapter 2?

• Options
    click like, next chapter

bottom of the screen

• Options
    Yeah there's a static control thing at the bottom of the window.

• Options
    nevermind I got it, but man I cannot find most of this stuff

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    what is this

is this a thing

do we do things in it?

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Mysst wrote: »
    ha, just as I am rereading the books

FlightHawthorn23875. I was offered NewtGalleon but I didn't want to end up in Slytherin

wait does you name effect you house?

it is a american political joke, sorry

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    what is this

is this a thing

do we do things in it?

Interactive companion to the Harry Potter series, basically. With minigames.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    13 inch alder wood springy wand with a Phoenix Feather core

B)

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Where do you see what the wood your wand is made of means?

• Options
    Where do you see what the wood your wand is made of means?

There's supplemental texts, some of which you have to unlock by interacting with certain parts of the scenes.

• Options
    I probably should have learned to cast spells before I accepted any wizard duels

• Options
    ‘The wandmaker Gregorovitch wrote that hawthorn ‘makes a strange, contradictory wand, as full of paradoxes as the tree that gave it birth, whose leaves and blossoms heal, and yet whose cut branches smell of death.’ While I disagree with many of Gregorovitch’s conclusions, we concur about hawthorn wands, which are complex and intriguing in their natures, just like the owners who best suit them. Hawthorn wands may be particularly suited to healing magic, but they are also adept at curses, and I have generally observed that the hawthorn wand seems most at home with a conflicted nature, or with a witch or wizard passing through a period of turmoil. Hawthorn is not easy to master, however, and I would only ever consider placing a hawthorn wand in the hands of a witch or wizard of proven talent, or the consequences might be dangerous. Hawthorn wands have a notable peculiarity: their spells can, when badly handled, backfire.’

Badass

• Options
    Ok one last questions, the stuff on the side in each chapter, are all of those things to be found or just the greyed out ones?

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    Black Walnut

Less common than the standard walnut wand, that of black walnut seeks a master of good instincts and powerful insight. Black walnut is a very handsome wood, but not the easiest to master. It has one pronounced quirk, which is that it is abnormally attuned to inner conflict, and loses power dramatically if its possessor practises any form of self-deception. If the witch or wizard is unable or unwilling to be honest with themselves or others, the wand often fails to perform adequately and must be matched with a new owner if it is to regain its former prowess. Paired with a sincere, self-aware owner, however, it becomes one of the most loyal and impressive wands of all, with a particular flair in all kinds of charmwork.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbdXSrM0m9w

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Ok one last questions, the stuff on the side in each chapter, are all of those things to be found or just the greyed out ones?

The unclickable ones with the red quill have to be discovered in the scene(s) of that chapter. Those are extras from JK Rowling that aren't in the books. The others are just collected information from the books expounded upon a little bit.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Dear everone, suck it.
    HAWTHORN WITH DRAGON CORE, THIRTEEN INCHES, SLIGHTLY YIELDING
    made of dragons

Bucketman on
  • Options
    I really wanted Ravenclaw, but figured I'd end up in Hufflepuff.
    Never even considred for a second that I would be a GRYFFINDOR

• Options
    GRYFFINDOR

OURS IS THE PRIDE

HEAR ME ROAR

ETC

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alder with unicorn core, fourteen inches, hard.

Haven't found any supplemental text about Alder wood, though.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Chestnut
    10 3/4 inches
    Phoenix feather core

UNYIELDING

(Ravenclaw)

• Options
    where do I go to learn about my wand

my 10 inch Ash with Phoenix Feather Hard wand

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I uh

I got into Hufflepuff

I think it is because I really like magical animals

wanna be dat dragon tamer

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    Does this site make noise, because I am at work

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Quoth wrote: »
    Does this site make noise, because I am at work

It has sound, but there's no music. It's mostly just background sounds.

• Options
    it's in the supplemental stuff in olivanders