As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fail potions and find frog cards in [POTTERMORE]

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    so I go to Olivanders, and then what?

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    i think i'm gonna reread the books now that there are ebook versions

becuase i gave away my copies years ago

• Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    Is the sound necessary or can I turn it off

• Options
    Hullis wrote: »
    Chestnut
    10 3/4 inches
    Phoenix feather core

UNYIELDING

(Ravenclaw)

High five, fellow Ravenclaw!

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I uh

I got into Hufflepuff

I think it is because I really like magical animals

wanna be dat dragon tamer

I chose Magical Beasts as what I most wanted to learn about and still got into Gryffindor

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    I think I chose Ghosts as what I wanted to learn about most?

Wonder why I didn't choose Beasts, those sound cool

oh

well

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I uh

I got into Hufflepuff

I think it is because I really like magical animals

wanna be dat dragon tamer

I chose Magical Beasts as what I most wanted to learn about and still got into Gryffindor
    Yeah well have fun being a smelly loser who gets wrapped up in all of Harry Potter's bullshit while I get to eat food and be chill

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Who is WolfsbaneSickle3997?

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Quoth wrote: »
    Is the sound necessary or can I turn it off

yeah, you can turn it off

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    this website is shitting itself and pissing me off

just wanna be a wizard

• Options
    Also, what is the deal with gifts? If I send a gift, is it possible to get that item back?

• Options
    Just gonna keep beating Skull Man.

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    damn it taya

you dark wizard

• Options
    This is one of the rarest core types. Phoenix feathers are capable of the greatest range of magic, though they may take longer than either unicorn or dragon cores to reveal this. They show the most initiative, sometimes acting of their own accord, a quality that many witches and wizards dislike.
    Phoenix feather wands are always the pickiest when it comes to potential owners, for the creature from which they are taken is one of the most independent and detached in the world. These wands are the hardest to tame and to personalise, and their allegiance is usually hard won.

I feel so special!!

Also, apparently an Ash wand indicates that I am stubborn?

I am not stubborn!

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    shit about my wand

Chestnut:
    This is a most curious, multi-faceted wood, which varies greatly in its character depending on the wand core, and takes a great deal of colour from the personality that possesses it. The wand of chestnut is attracted to witches and wizards who are skilled tamers of magical beasts, those who possess great gifts in Herbology, and those who are natural fliers. However, when paired with dragon heartstring, it may find its best match among those who are overfond of luxury and material things, and less scrupulous than they should be about how they are obtained. Conversely, three successive heads of the Wizengamot have possessed chestnut and unicorn wands, for this combination shows a predilection for those concerned with all manner of justice.

Phoenix Feather Core:
    This is the rarest core type. Phoenix feathers are capable of the greatest range of magic, though they may take longer than either unicorn or dragon cores to reveal this. They show the most initiative, sometimes acting of their own accord, a quality that many witches and wizards dislike.

Phoenix feather wands are always the pickiest when it comes to potential owners, for the creature from which they are taken is one of the most independent and detached in the world. These wands are the hardest to tame and to personalise, and their allegiance is usually hard won.

and it's about average length and unyielding

basically I am going to either tame this incredibly finicky wand through sheer bull-headedness or die in the process

• Options
    Skull Man wrote: »
    damn it taya

you dark wizard

Let's team up Skull Man

let's take her down

• Options
    Taya wrote: »
    Just gonna keep beating Skull Man.

not anymore

I figured out what I was doing wrong

• Options
    I AM NOT STUBBORN AND I WON'T LET ANYONE TELL ME DIFFERENT

• Options
    butler what's your username

• Options
    oh sure jerk don't ask for mine

(RuneMahogany30406)

• Options
    THERE I LOST

I will study and learn new better spells and beat you next time.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Apple and Dragon, Twelve and a Half inches, Surprisingly Swishy
    Core wrote:
    As a rule, dragon heartstrings produce wands with the most power, and which are capable of the most flamboyant spells. Dragon wands tend to learn more quickly than other types. While they can change allegiance if won from their original master, they always bond strongly with the current owner.

The dragon wand tends to be easiest to turn to the Dark Arts, though it will not incline that way of its own accord. It is also the most prone of the three cores to accidents, being somewhat temperamental.
    Wood wrote:
    Applewood wands are not made in great numbers. They are powerful and best suited to an owner of high aims and ideals, as this wood mixes poorly with Dark magic. It is said that the possessor of an apple wand will be well-loved and long-lived, and I have often noticed that customers of great personal charm find their perfect match in an applewood wand. An unusual ability to converse with other magical beings in their native tongues is often found among apple wand owners, who include the celebrated author of Merpeople: A Comprehensive Guide to Their Language and Customs, Dylan Marwood.

8-)

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    StrikeNettle16077

• Options
    Skull Man wrote: »
    butler what's your username

I'm ThestralSpirit2524!

• Options
    YES

TASTE THE FLAME, TAYA, YOU SERPENT

• Options
    how do i move through these Moments

i wanna get to the part where i'm a goddamn wizard

AND BURN THE WORLD

• Options
    I didn't know you'd been sorted! adding you both

• Options
    there's a thing at the bottom of the screen

• Options
    i haven't been sorted yet

unfortunately

also hot shit i collected an alarm clock apparently there are no stores in this world

• Options
  • Options
    Quoth wrote: »
    These usernames are straight up stupid

much like your posting

• Options
    Lord of the Butts

You have wounded me

Deeply

• Options
    kinky

• Options
    shit about my wand

Chestnut:
    This is a most curious, multi-faceted wood, which varies greatly in its character depending on the wand core, and takes a great deal of colour from the personality that possesses it. The wand of chestnut is attracted to witches and wizards who are skilled tamers of magical beasts, those who possess great gifts in Herbology, and those who are natural fliers. However, when paired with dragon heartstring, it may find its best match among those who are overfond of luxury and material things, and less scrupulous than they should be about how they are obtained. Conversely, three successive heads of the Wizengamot have possessed chestnut and unicorn wands, for this combination shows a predilection for those concerned with all manner of justice.

Phoenix Feather Core:
    This is the rarest core type. Phoenix feathers are capable of the greatest range of magic, though they may take longer than either unicorn or dragon cores to reveal this. They show the most initiative, sometimes acting of their own accord, a quality that many witches and wizards dislike.

basically I am going to either tame this incredibly finicky wand through sheer bull-headedness or die in the process

How do you access this stuff

I can only find it through PotterWiki and that won't tell me about Ash wood

• Options
    huh

i never made the connection between the dursleys hiding on an island and witches not being able to cross water before

cool

• Options
    ok totes wanna go back and reread the books now

TOTES

TOTES MCGOATS

• Options
    butler, I told you

supplemental materials, on the left side

while you're in olivander's

• Options
    Buttlord wrote: »
    huh

i never made the connection between the dursleys hiding on an island and witches not being able to cross water before

cool

yeah I thought that was neat too

• Options
    shit about my wand

Chestnut:

Phoenix Feather Core:

How do you access this stuff

I can only find it through PotterWiki and that won't tell me about Ash wood
    Gotta go back to the Diagon Alley chapter, go into Olivander's, and then the little sidebar on the left will be like "LEARN MORE ABOUT WAND LENGTH AND FLEXIBILITY"

• Options
    It doesn't do that for me

Ollivander is just like "hey welcome back I KNOW WHAT WAND YOU HAVE"