As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Oy Oy Let's Have a Whiskey Thread

123457»

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Fandyien wrote: »
    medium_bulleitbourbon.jpg

this is a pretty delicious drink, a buddy of mine gave me a little, and man. it's got a complex taste, and i'm hardly an authority on the whiskey palette

Have you tried their Rye? It's a close second only to Templeton in my book.

• Options
    HuxleyHuxley Registered User regular
    [Crosspost with the Alcohol thread in D&D]

OK, 30th birthday present I'm getting a Laphroaig. I loved the Highland Park 12 I got for Christmas and am told this is the next logical step in "BIG SCOTCH."

So it's a tossup between the Quarter Cask and the 10. I loved the HP12 and normally drink WT101 straight up, so I'm not too concerned with either being too big for my liking. Opinions?

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Went to a scotch tasting 'seminar' at my local booze shop. Hosted by an interesting fella, good speaker who really knew his stuff. Picked up a bottle of Ledaig 10Yr.

Serious peat - felt like I just walked through a campfire. Never had anything on that level, so thought it'd be a nice addition without being over harsh.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Wow, it's like a Jim Beam Quality Check in here; nonexistent! Ha...ha....

So how is Weller 12 Year bourbon? If I like single malt scotch, will the Weller be a nice light contrast or too "un-refined"?

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    A craft destillery opened up in my town a couple of months ago...Manatawny Still Works.
    They are obviously a few years from having aged stuff, but their White Whiskey is amazing.

Needless to say I have been there nearly every week since they opened. They have Vodka and Rum now too...high hopes for a local buisness making a fine product in a town that really, really needs nice things like this.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
This discussion has been closed.