Options

Goods, services, and their [CHAT]

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I've only seen the first two episodes, but I would in no way describe Alphas like that. Interesting.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    I've only seen the first two episodes, but I would in no way describe Alphas like that. Interesting.

If you look at the actual dramatic structure of the show it's basically a cop show

they're not cops, but they pretty much act like it (and are sorta loosely affiliated with the government and do have one actual cop on the team) and their super-powers basically facilitate all the functions of a CSI lab

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Yeah, but (from the first two) it's not really that episodic. In fact, I think it really needs to avoid becoming episodic.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Hmmmm, trying to come up with a satisfying stir fry that lacks noodles or rice. What kind of vegetables do you guys think would make a good, hearty substitute? Thinking I'll use chicken for the meat.

• Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    Pony wrote:
    I have decided to inform [chat] that the television show Alphas is pretty excellent (there is also a thread for it in this forum) and that people should watch it.

It is basically a police procedural but with super-heroes

like X-Men meets CSI

The first two episodes were a bit meh.

But the third one really did well. Did good, even.

• Options
    Maybe I am just really hopeful someone can do a super-hero show that's not fucking retarded

• Options
    How I report for awesome?

Pressing report button just gives "YOU WILL REPORT THIS TO MODERATORS"

• Options
    Daxon wrote:

The big AWESOME button next to REPORT

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    Daxon wrote:

The big AWESOME button next to REPORT

Oh

now me feel stupid.

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    Click the button next to it that says "awesome"?

• Options
    Slow damn phone

• Options
    Skoal CatSkoal Cat Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:

I thought we were going to be talking about Dollhouse when I saw this post :(

• Options
    edited July 2011
    The third episode really picks up.

The whole overarching story they're going for is really well-integrated into the episodes so far and seems interesting.

When shit breaks loose it gonna be mad.

Daxon on
  • Options
    Well that's good to know. The first two were mainly enjoyable for the hints that the overarching plot was going to be interesting.

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Drinking coffee in the hope that my brain will start working.

Also did nit realise how many books I had out from the library which meant that I have hit my 17 book limit and couldn't take out the two books I needed. Time to check the shelf at home and work out what ones I'm unlikely to need in the next couple of months.

• Options
    Also I've slowly started migrating into SE++.

[chat] is the only thread I've really posted in D&D for the past year anyway.

When I started I only posted in G&T, migrated here, now seems I shall migrate to SE++. They seem nice.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
  • Options
    Is @jacobkosh online right now? He will see this if he is.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    see what if he is?

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    SECRETS!

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    don't leave us daxon :(

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I wonder if I could fit VVVVVV onto an NES Cartridge then go back in time and market it as my game. :twisted:

• Options
    ronya wrote:
    don't leave us daxon :(

oh, no worries!

I'll just be here and in SE++.

Already ignore 95% of all D&D threads anyway, just don't like the way they always tend to work out. Plus I'm not especially knowledgeable in anything but medicine.

• Options
    I just had a post awesome'd within minutes of making it. Weird.

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Hello all - this seems like a very Northern European chat.

Shouldn't you all be doing work or something?

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    I work with computers, so using the internet is totally like research and training. ;)

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    I'm working, honest. Typlology of sexual acts which are each more desirable, expensive, and hard to get than the last.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
  • Options
    BobCesca wrote:
    I'm working, honest. Typlology of sexual acts which are each more desirable, expensive, and hard to get than the last.

You are really rating sexual acts by desirability? That sounds too subjective for academia.

• Options
    I'm workin, just not very hard

• Options
    Bogart wrote:
    I am on my lunch break.

Bogie! What was that cute xmen picture you posted last night? I want to try and find a bigger version for a desktop.

Taverymuchcheers

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I'm a robot. I'd done doing robot things such as beeping, flashing lights and destroying cities while trying to subdue giant monsters.

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Brits, explain "ta" to me. Where does it come from?

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    @ronya, I've been trying to figure out what your possible contradiction in the tipping thread was. I think it was in a response to Docken where you said that someone's wages would both increase and remain the same under the influence of tipping with reduced minimum wage. If that's not specific enough I'll find the exact post I thought it was.

Am I right? Or am I an economics-retard?

• Options
    Haphazard wrote:
    I have no idea. Google says this:
    Most likely influenced by the Danish word tak, the Swedish word tack, and the Icelandic word takk, meaning thanks, via a process of final consonant deletion

• Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    So the new season of Weeds is kind of like a reboot. It's like... the writers saw what people were saying about how Nancy went from a character with depth to a character who's motivated by only sex and money. If they play their cards right and have enough time, they can kinda excuse that whole thing with "Well Nance was powerful and power corrupts".

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    thank you
    thanks
    than
    tha
    ta

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote:

We say it too. (We being "Australians" if you've forgotten/failed to infer/don't give a crap about my nationality).

I actually don't know the etymology, but we teach it to children as a way of introducing them to the concept of saying thank you. I wasn't aware of it as something older people said for about the first 10 years of my life, when people started to say it, sort of ironically (well, the thanks was sincere, but the word choice was ironic as it was flaunting context).

• Options
    I really don't like Nancy in in Weeds.

• Options
    I say it, I find it weird when I encounter parents telling their children to say "ta" in thanks for things. You want to be teaching kids to speak properly rather than just introducing them to colloquial language from the off.

This discussion has been closed.