Options

Abloo bloo bloo thread

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Today I feel like ice-cream and a couch.

Only eight more hours of work to go!

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Usagi wrote:
    Also ginger is marvelous for upset stomachs, I've used it both raw and in the candied/crystallized versions to get rid of seasickness

I learned this from Alton Brown!

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    tried going to lgbt meeting tonight TOO MANY PEOPLE TOO MUCH NOISE FELT SO HORRIBLE AND TERRIBLE

i left early and came late

i'm so good at college and making friends

• Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    uuugh youre awful and flippant and you ignore me and youre useless useless useless sometimes im so tired of you!! and YOU, YOU'RE a giant crybaby and you need to stop yelling at my mom, and you, i wish i could be a better friend for you (or in general) but im an unrepetant recluse so too bad u_u that doesnt mean i dont like you though so please have patience for my sad attempts at interaction!!! also i really wanna subway sandwich but its too late now sigh

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:
    tried going to lgbt meeting tonight TOO MANY PEOPLE TOO MUCH NOISE FELT SO HORRIBLE AND TERRIBLE

i left early and came late

i'm so good at college and making friends

you could try talking to one or two of the 'leaders' of the group one on one instead

i imagine it can be p intimidating

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    i couldn't tonight anyway
    we started with a game

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    it'll get easier the more you try, i promise.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    I feel like I'm losing my damn mind.

As soon as I'm alone, I feel like a burden and a bother. I feel like texting someone just to have someone to talk to makes me fucking pathetic. I feel emotionally alone all the time. And I know, I fucking know, that just because someone isn't texting me back that doesn't mean I'm being a bother or they're pissed at me or they hate me. But even the slightest rejection throws me for a fucking loop. I can't get a grasp on any of my fucking emotions. I don't know whether to hit something or cry or just be calm. And I know people care! I've been told without ambiguity that people care, but it just falls so emotionally flat. I know they're not lying to me. They want to see me better. But nothing makes me feel better. And I just want to function like a normal fucking person. I'm having so much trouble getting to class because I just wake up and realize that I'm too fucking sad or too fucking scared to go.

ABLOO BLOO BLOO

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I feel like I'm losing my damn mind.

As soon as I'm alone, I feel like a burden and a bother. I feel like texting someone just to have someone to talk to makes me fucking pathetic. I feel emotionally alone all the time. And I know, I fucking know, that just because someone isn't texting me back that doesn't mean I'm being a bother or they're pissed at me or they hate me. But even the slightest rejection throws me for a fucking loop. I can't get a grasp on any of my fucking emotions. I don't know whether to hit something or cry or just be calm. And I know people care! I've been told without ambiguity that people care, but it just falls so emotionally flat. I know they're not lying to me. They want to see me better. But nothing makes me feel better. And I just want to function like a normal fucking person. I'm having so much trouble getting to class because I just wake up and realize that I'm too fucking sad or too fucking scared to go.

ABLOO BLOO BLOO

You might be me.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    *waves a giant flag that says 'doctor, therapy, meds' on it*

That's depression, hoss. Get some help about it. I did, and I would not be a functioning human being today if I had not.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Picking up meds tomorrow, got a counseling appointment tomorrow, making an appointment to see a psychiatrist tomorrow.

2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    that's the spirit! good luck, we're pulling for you. keep us posted!

• Options
    yay for treating your depression with no real effect.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Sometimes you need to try a few different things before it works.

• Options
    Like this happened last year around the same time. And like, I got my shit together and made my life better.

And like, I've been mostly fine since December. But fucking last Tuesday rolled around, and like 4:45 a.m. rolled around and I am awake + crying for no reason and I just hate everything

2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    i've been working on my depression for more than five years at this point. i thought i had a solution until july, when i had the worst drop of my lifetime. now i'm back to work again, but i'm still catching up. it's not something that can be cured, but it is absolutely something that can be treated and treated successfully.

• Options
    i've been treating mine for about 2 years with no real results from several drugs or therapists

soo tired of working at it at this point

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    I've been off and on medication my entire adult life. I seem to sometimes go years without needing it at all, and then something stupid will come along and I will just break the fuck down. I actually just went back on a few weeks ago.

I've still had some bad times, but they just go away easier now. It helps that I have a couple people in my life who love me, who I can talk to any time about anything. The past couple mornings haven't been great, but I've been able to talk them okay again instead of hanging on for days. It's a big deal.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

ABLOO BLOO BLOO

this is literally me right now

I feel like I'm bothering people by talking to them, but when I don't have anyone to talk to I just sit there shaking, feeling sick to my stomach thinking that everyone hates me and is annoyed by me and god why can't I just get over myself

• Options
    Is this the part where I realize that I'm not actually a fundamentally broken human being?

2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Is this the part where I realize that I'm not actually a fundamentally broken human being?

It's the part where we're supposed to but we won't because we have crippling anxiety/depression and we're all alone

• Options

No more so than I am, at least.

...I don't know how comforting that is.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote:

ABLOO BLOO BLOO

this is literally me right now

I feel like I'm bothering people by talking to them, but when I don't have anyone to talk to I just sit there shaking, feeling sick to my stomach thinking that everyone hates me and is annoyed by me and god why can't I just get over myself

Nah, you cool.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    You guys can talk to me if you want. I'm pretty much always around somewhere.

It's no bother to me; at this point I'm just paying it forward.

ceres on
  • Options
    Keith wrote:

It's the part where we're supposed to but we won't because we have crippling anxiety/depression and we're all alone

second

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    Orik, hey @Orikaeshigitae, i sent you that pm.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Seriously. Forumers have come out of the woodwork over the past couple weeks to talk to me until I felt better, until I had a plan, until I didn't feel like walking into traffic if I could be bothered to get up.

If you need to talk and someone offers, take it. Someone might change your life.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    @Baroque And Roll brodogg I keep telling you you can text or call me whenever and I will talk at you.

Also yeah the whole "I worked so hard and was better" and then BOOMCRASH everything sucks again thing reaallly sucks

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    and while I think that it's good for me to actually talk to people about it, I get caught up on always being "the strong one" and never showing a sign of weakness to people and after I talk about this shit it makes me feel even worse and wish I'd just clammed up forever and put on a happy face

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    If every story post in this thread had ABLOO BLOO BLOO at the end, I think we could market this to MTV

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Baroque I am glad you are getting some help! and for what it's worth, I think you're a totally cool guy, I'd talk to you any time.

• Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    i've spent all day feeling vaguely unsatisfied with myself and sort of lonesome

bluh bluh bluh

• Options
    i am a blubbering wellspring of unsolicited advice for people that i care about and i hate it but i don't know how to stop or to show that i care or to respond to a situation otherwise

• Options
    basically i want to lay in bed and drink and listen to funk music

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    and while I think that it's good for me to actually talk to people about it, I get caught up on always being "the strong one" and never showing a sign of weakness to people and after I talk about this shit it makes me feel even worse and wish I'd just clammed up forever and put on a happy face

Nah man that's bullshit. No one can be the 'strong one' all the time. Everybody needs to talk sometimes.

• Options
    strong men

also cry

• Options
    Yep.

• Options
    Keith wrote:

Nah man that's bullshit. No one can be the 'strong one' all the time. Everybody needs to talk sometimes.

14ah9x4.jpg

• Options
    only when no one is looking

or you're drunk

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:
    strong men

also cry

:^: