Options

Tab-L Top Gaems, The Thrud! Meldign likes pixies (Don't tell any1)

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Look Solar

Loken comes from a society where strength and martial prowess is regarded above all else. If he had been an Orc, things would be different because they put physical and mental acuity on an even scale.

but as is

you are a wimpy dude in a dress who summons magic instead of wielding a sword like a proper man

thus you are shameful in Jotun's eyes. He was trying to man you up by throwing you into the KorrGames. Think of it as an extreme version of throwing your kid in the deep end.

Haha I know, that is why I made him like that! It's such a fun character idea.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Huntera wrote:
    If you ever ask for me to give feedback again it will always be "How much do you plan on insulting them? Because I can guarantee you it is not enough."
    Porter(The Warforged): HA ARE YOU SCARED, YOU ELVEN COWARD
    Gerard: AT LEAST I CAN FEEL. YOU ARE AN AUTOMATON. COLD, LIFELESS. YOU WILL NEVER FEEL LOVE NOR BE LOVED BY ANYONE.

or something like that

So, if he can't feel love, why would he give a shit about not feeling it?

Or, if he can, why is it an insult.

Porter needs to stop being solo-series Machine Man, and start manning up to be Nextwave Machine Man.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    chiasaur they were insults made in the heat of battle shut upppp

and actually Porter is very much Nextwave Machine Man with how Skull Man plays him

HM THOSE MEN ARE WEARING STEEL

THEY MUST WORSHIP ME

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    It's a good insult because he actually can feel just fine, it seems, but doesn't think he can and is worried that he can't.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    guys how great was it when I kept rolling good attack rolls and blank kept going FFFFFFFFFFFFFf

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    I was pretty happy with my "more like the statue's talking to them" comment.

• Options
    Antimatter wrote:
    guys how great was it when I kept rolling good attack rolls and blank kept going FFFFFFFFFFFFFf
    Hey Garn says hello

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Antimatter wrote:

It was pretty great

As GM, it's always good fun to laugh at Blank in game

• Options
    and next game I will have a mic so the FFFFFFFFFFFFFs will be in stereo and filled with rage

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Oh well that will be good

Now we just need to get Gatsby's girlfriend to muffle him with a scarf so we can hear everyone else (I keed, I keed)

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:
    Hey Garn says hello
    it was a player character and i was surrounded by four of them at one point

he was the only one that got really lucky

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    gatsby doesn't even have a microphone. he is talking directly into your skull.

• Options
    It was the one time I actually used one of the big advantages that player characters have over a well designed monster. That daily effed you up.

I hesitated to use some of the more potent powers but by the time I realized I could have gotten away with it half the team was dead.

Next time.

Also I am gonna try my damnedest to keep Melding busy because fuck Telem hits like a tiny elven truck.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Well, i'm probably not going to be picking up too many more combat feats for a while.

Maybe light blade expertise so i never miss. ever.

But that's about it. I think. unless there is a feat to make sneak attack to d10s. then i have to.

Also, maybe rapiers. they're spiffy.

But probably skill things and the feat that lets me make thievery checks at -2 but 5 squares away.

• Options
    Loken is going to continue blasting off his most powerful spells whenever he can

Because he is a scholar not a warrior god damn that thing is coming to cut my head off KILL IT NOW!

• Options
    Also I liked how when Crassus was all "I will make my judgement" and me an Anti had our characters direction paths pulled as far as the map physically allowed in the opposite direction.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    Well, i'm probably not going to be picking up too many more combat feats for a while.

But that's about it. I think. unless there is a feat to make sneak attack to d10s. then i have to.

But probably skill things and the feat that lets me make thievery checks at -2 but 5 squares away.

I think there's a way to MC into Warlock to pick up Shadow Walk. So...move 3 squares, you have concealment, so you can make a stealth check, now you're hidden, you stab the shit out of their face. Repeat. Every turn.

It's sad when there are easy enough ways to acquire perma-hidden that it can actually get boring.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Tox wrote: »
    Melding wrote:

I think there's a way to MC into Warlock to pick up Shadow Walk. So...move 3 squares, you have concealment, so you can make a stealth check, now you're hidden, you stab the shit out of their face. Repeat. Every turn.

It's sad when there are easy enough ways to acquire perma-hidden that it can actually get boring.

requires paragon path into multiclass as warlock. no.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:

Replace "I" with "every PC" and Blank with "Stilts" and you have every game I've ever run.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Oh nevermind I was thinking of a hybrid.

Hybrid Rogue (Scoundrel) | Warlock (Binder)

You get Sneak Attack, Shadow Walk, and Shadow Twist (some Binder thing).

Then you take Hybrid Talent: Rogue Tactics (Cunning Sneak)

Suddenly you have concealment if you move at least three squares, and you can make a stealth check to become hidden if you move at least three squares and have any cover or concealment (which you always will because Shadow Walk), and you don't take the penalty to Stealth checks for moving more than 2 squares, and you only take a -5 instead of -10 if you run.

Yeah....

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I've had sessions of bad attack rolls. Like last one, for example.

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    I've just been realizing that as a bard I can multiclass? What does that really entail?

• Options
    Anyone can multiclass. It basically allows you to dabble in another class and gain an ability of their own at the cost of a feat.

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    But bards can take as many multiclass feats as they want, whereas every other class is limited to 1.

• Options
    That is true. Hence, why bards are very much so the Swiss Army knives of D&D.

• Options
    Skull Man wrote:
    I've just been realizing that as a bard I can multiclass? What does that really entail?

Every class has a series of feats you can take to gain extra benefits. Think of it like cross-training. You're learning a few tricks that are signature to that class.

You get a skill training, usually from the class's list, sometimes a specific skill (like Arcana for most Arcane classes), and you get a little extra ability or power (for instance, most entry-feats for Controller MCs give you one of their at-will attack powers as an encounter power).

• Options
    Also some classes have multiple MC feats that you can take. The Primal MC feats from Primal Power require you to also have the entry-feat, but most of the others just offer either different ways to dabble, or the ability to pick up extra stuff.

On top of all of that, there are three "Power Swap" feats that let you train out a power (Encounter at lvl 4, Utility at lvl 8, and Daily at lvl 10) from your main class and replace it with a power from a class you're MC'd into.

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Don't know which version of FATE to try.

They all look soooo neat.

Kinda considering either Strands of FATE or Diaspora. Strands of Fate sounds more like something I could get people used to traditional RPGs to play.

Uriel on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I am playing Kerberos Club. It is lots of fun.

• Options
    i love explaining jackleweres to people.

• Options
    So pumped for LFR tonight. I actually get to play! Not sure if I'm going to bring in my paladin, or my new berzerker.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Tonight is penultimate game of my VtM campaign

should be fuckin' awesome

• Options
    I used to always think penultimate meant like peak or best or top. Turns out it just means next-to-last.

That's such a lame meaning for such an awesome sounding word.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    hopefully we will be able to get a game in next week, for the thrilling conclusion

after this I've got a super-hero game lined up, largely inspired by Paragons and Aberrant

• Options
    I don't really know much about Aberrant, the background I mine, but what I have seen I like.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I have spent 50-75% of my party's last two combat encounters asleep! God damn party of 50% elves, everything with sleep poison goes for one of the two humans, and I'm the one not wrapped in full plate. I didn't even get a chance to try out my new feral mutagen, as by the time I got to act, there was only one Homonculus left alive and damn if I'm going to blow a daily ability on something that'll be dead in a round.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote:
    Don't know which version of FATE to try.

They all look soooo neat.

Kinda considering either Strands of FATE or Diaspora. Strands of Fate sounds more like something I could get people used to traditional RPGs to play.

I'm really not all that crazy about strands, but it seems like a good choice for that rationale.

I find it tries much too hard to be some sort of compromise between standard FATE and M&M just kinda hits this unsatisfying area of being too crunchy for a story game, but deep enough for a more traditional kind of game.

But YMMV.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    LFR tonight was....eh.

We had two clerics in the group, and while one was melee and the other ranged, it really felt like they both had the same schticks, and although one was pretty decent to have around, the other basically just insisted on healing whenever anybody was down anything (even less than a surge) just so he could "give everybody temps!" which was a whopping 3 THP.

Meanwhile my Paladin has three daily powers (two items and a utility) that give out THP (because I don't have Lay on Hands, and people tend to expect some healing from a paladin), and all of which give out WAY more than 3 THP.

So, yeah. That and the druid being a little kid didn't make things go very quickly (one striker, a Twin-Strike ranger). But all in all, not bad.

And for the roll off I won! I got the new Deluxe DM's screen! Which was kind of cool.

• Options
    does it come with leather seats?

• Options
    Melding wrote:
    does it come with leather seats?

Nah it's just the newer one. I think the info on it is updated, and the picture on it is way different (PC-related instead of monster related)

I can't really find a good pic of the full thing.

This discussion has been closed.