Options

Tab-L Top Gaems, The Thrud! Meldign likes pixies (Don't tell any1)

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    it is because christmas

Antimatter on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Anti, you are reading way too much into a throw away joke. calm down.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    HULK SMASH PUNY DEVA

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    I just finished my VtM campaign I've been running since August

even did an epilogue for the PCs I put on youtube with a montage of captions and music about what happened to the various NPCs and their characters

Fallout style

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Messing around with media is a nice way to give games a bit of "oomph", if you've got any familiarity whatsoever.

• Options
    Did you read it like Ron Pearlman?

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I've been running the same campaign, with the same players, weekly, since 4ed launched.

That is more or less the continuation of my earlier weekly game group that started sometime in the first year of 3e and ran up until the announcement of 4e.

There's been an odd break or two, but basically I ran one weekly campaign for all of 3/3.5, and so far I've been running one for all of 4e.

My X-Com LP works along similar lines, I guess. I just seem to keep going.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    i am slowly trying to learn x-com apocalypse for when your lets play ends. i figure i still got a few years to learn it. cause i do not understand that game.

• Options
    Crotchless Gorilla SuitCrotchless Gorilla Suit Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, just realized the other day that our game has been going since August. I'm pretty surprised, honestly.

Crotchless Gorilla Suit on
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    Fishman wrote:
    I've been running the same campaign, with the same players, weekly, since 4ed launched.

That is more or less the continuation of my earlier weekly game group that started sometime in the first year of 3e and ran up until the announcement of 4e.

There's been an odd break or two, but basically I ran one weekly campaign for all of 3/3.5, and so far I've been running one for all of 4e.

Jesus

What level are they at?

• Options
    Yeah, just realized the other day that our game has been going since August. I'm pretty surprised, honestly.

how time flies.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »

how time flies.

Still feels like yesterday when I wanted to pull off a Weekend At Bernie's.

• Options
    Gatsby wrote: »

how time flies.

It literally was.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Fire Truck wrote:
    Fishman wrote:

Jesus

What level are they at?

16th, but we do plot-based advancement rather than handing out XP for each encounter. I try to keep it about the same, but they've probably gone through enough encounters to be around 18th-20th by now.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »

how time flies.

It literally was.

Well I attempt this every encounter, but I mean the first time. With Bernie the Guard Original Recipe.

• Options
    he wasn't dead though, i knocked him out.

• Options
    Fishman wrote:
    Fire Truck wrote:
    Fishman wrote:

Jesus

What level are they at?

16th, but we do plot-based advancement rather than handing out XP for each encounter. I try to keep it about the same, but they've probably gone through enough encounters to be around 18th-20th by now.

Plot based advancement is the only way that makes sense to me.

• Options
    i tend to pace encounters so that they will be the level i want them to be at points anyway. it's functionally the same, but they get to look forward to "oh man, we're almost level 5!"

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Got my first D&D related christmas gift! The Plane Below: Secrets of the Elemental Chaos!

Actually pretty stoked about it because it was near the bottom of the list of books I want, so it's not a book I would have bought for myself any time soon.

Hoping to get Heroes of the Elemental Chaos when that comes out and see how much information the two combined provide.

Also there's a few pretty good monsters, one of which gave me a pretty great idea.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    I got a chainmail dice bag from a secret santa.

It's really damn cool.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Played Super Dungeon Explore last weekend and it is quite fun indeed. The deck is certainly stacked against the players, especially if it's your first time playing it. But it appears that it's not impossible to win, just really really hard in that enjoyably challenging way.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    played Alien Frontier today. also Gloom. Both very different but interesting games.

I found the best way to win Alien frontier is to have a decoy, make a truce with someone and then at the last minute dick everyone over.

Melding on
  • Options
    got Paranoia: Troubleshooters. Seems to be the 25th anniversary edition. I think i need to gather some people up in a few weeks and make them prove their dedication to the computer.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Okay thanks to Jerry's news post I want a crokinole board.

Gotta talk to my mom's husband if he can make one.

• Options
    Uriel wrote:
    Okay thanks to Jerry's news post I want a crokinole board.

Gotta talk to my mom's husband if he can make one.

It does seem similar to a lot of games that I have historically enjoyed. Also
    Jerry wrote:
    The rules don’t really contain the game. The game is about trying to manage the dynamic outcomes generated by simple rules.

describes pretty much everything I love in a game, be it board, video, or pen and paper.

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I dunno about this crokinole

it ain't no BULLETBALL

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    kaortikaorti Registered User regular
    It's been a great Christmas for roleplaying options. I got Diaspora and Burning Wheel Gold.

I'm not sure which one I'm more excited about. The Lifepaths for Burning Wheel look so fun.

• Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Hey nerds. There are 10 days to go on the Kickstarter for FrankenDie, a new party/dice game I'm illustrating. If anyone has Christmas money burning a hole in their pocket and would like to pre-order a copy, the page can be found here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/theotherside/frankendie-the-party-game-for-the-madly-insane

Here are a couple of the illustrations I've done so far:

frankendie__s_monster_by_d_mac-d4j9t0c.jpg

frankendie_mad_scientist_by_d_mac-d4hoaxg.jpg

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Your arting is spectacular as usual DMAC!

That looks like a neat game!

• Options
    Thanks. I'm hoping it does well. It would be fun to work on more board/card games in the future.

• Options
    guys, i played a ghostbuster video game.

So now i want to do a ghostbusters PnP.

I think this counts as a sickness now.

• Options
    JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote:

I'd recommend InSpectres for this.

GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    My understanding is that InSpectres is pretty much the actual Ghostbusters PnP game in a non-liscensed suit.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Would it be completely and totally unfair and bad form of me to put my party up against a monster that does Radiation type damage?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    FrankenDie has reached its funding goal! They're now shooting for the $15,000 overfunding goal to add some cool extras to the game.

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Yay! I have faith that it'll be great if the mechanics are anything like the art :P

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Jacoby wrote: »
    Melding wrote:

I'd recommend InSpectres for this.

Or, i can use the officially licence product.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    My understanding is that InSpectres is pretty much the actual Ghostbusters PnP game in a non-liscensed suit.

My light investigation suggests that it is similar, but not necessarily the same.

Stats are the same, but some of the mechanics are different. Like the confessional stuff, and it doesn't seem to have the ghost die thus far.

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Has anyone here ever run a majority aquatic campaign in Pathfinder?

Apparently I'm running a campaign about pirates and I'd love to hear tips about problems or interesting turns I wouldn't have thought of just reading the SRD.

This discussion has been closed.