As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

VERY STRONG OPINIONS ABOUT FILM [CHAT] thread

• Options
    melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    I was surprised to see such a big box for it. You also have very neat handwriting and I didn't know your real name before. What a pleasant surprise :D

• Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    hahaha I have HORRIBLE handwriting! Sometimes I can't even read my old notes. I was just writing reeaally slowly on the note. Sorry the sketch card wasn't done with more care. I just figured I should put a note in it or something. I didn't want it to get bent in an envelope, so I went the box route.

Also, I wish I could change my username to Nils (my real name) cause Nibcrom is just a character and not actually me. But I guess it doesn't really matter. :p

• Options
    Not everyone can have a cool name like mine. It's okay (;

And I love it! No apologies needed. It's totally getting framed :D

• Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    :rotate:

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    oh man I got two blazers for 75 bucks
    a white summer one and the only item of clothing I can remember coveting: a black corduroy blazer
    also a pair of nike flats and a pair of new balance running shoes for 65 bucks

and now I have no money

Tam on
  • Options
    ChromatomicChromatomic Mr. DCRegistered User regular
    Yay Tam! Being all sartorial and shit.

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Wow, that Rick Santorum. He sure is a thing that's actually happening.

My goodness, I don't know whether I should be laughing or breaking a tremendous sweat.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    He won't make it
    he won't be able to net votes because he doesn't have the campaign funds that Romney does
    so thankfully, I don't think that fucking homophobic pile of shit has a chance
    though Romney's no saint there either

Jon Huntsman might be the only one on the Republican docket who isn't a total shitlord
    so obviously he has no chance of getting the nomination

Tam on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    No one is going to win.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    because we all lose?

• Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    Nappuccino wrote:
    Kochikens wrote:
    Nappuccino wrote:
    To me, the crazily muscled guys are the male version of the super sexy girls.

Super muscly guys are a male power fantasy, not a females

Also yeah, there are a lot of instances where Japanese games purposefully make a male character sexy. But they do it without removing 95% of his clothes or having him bend over furniture constantly.

I agree that they aren't the same in practice but I think they have the same intent.

Except they really, really don't. Super muscular dudes are a male power fantasy. Women in overly revealing, impractical clothing walking around with all the subtle body language of a stripper are not a female power fantasy. They are a male sexual fantasy.

So I suppose that they do have the same intent, as in, "they appeal to males"

• Options
    SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    Tam wrote:
    oh man I got two blazers for 75 bucks
    a white summer one and the only item of clothing I can remember coveting: a black corduroy blazer
    also a pair of nike flats and a pair of new balance running shoes for 65 bucks

and now I have no money
    J. Crew have a clearance sale?

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • Options
    a place called Belk
    and a shoe store I forget the name of

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    I love J crew.

• Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    I love pancakes.

• Options
    I love

beach volleyball

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I thought Belk was for ladies

• Options
    well they have a lot of dude clothes for a ladies' store

• Options
    maybe I only went far enough to see ladies' things

I've only been in that store once or twice

• Options
    Nappuccino wrote:
    I've been sick as well with barely any sleep... I think you're also my health doppelganger. I just hope you don't get crabs, that would suck for everyone involved.

I'd have to have sex for that to happen so I think we're good there.

Man, crab fishing must be a lot different than I had previously thought.

Both of you have scarred me for life.

Don't get teste- after all, it's not like you're glute to your computer, you can walk away from this conversation whenever you want. Butt admittedly, even if you wait and come back at the crack of dawn tomorrow, this topic may still may not have died down ass much as you may have wanted.

(It's a good thing modship isn't based on a democratic vote, all these puns would have gotten me sacked by now if that were the case.)
    pffffthahah, oh this is splendid.
    DMAC wrote:
    Please don't encourage him.
    NibCrom wrote:
    You can't stop love, DMAC.
    DMAC wrote:
    Watch me.

MDMAC.gif

• Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Nappuccino wrote:
    Kochikens wrote:
    Nappuccino wrote:
    To me, the crazily muscled guys are the male version of the super sexy girls.

Super muscly guys are a male power fantasy, not a females

Also yeah, there are a lot of instances where Japanese games purposefully make a male character sexy. But they do it without removing 95% of his clothes or having him bend over furniture constantly.

I agree that they aren't the same in practice but I think they have the same intent.

Except they really, really don't. Super muscular dudes are a male power fantasy. Women in overly revealing, impractical clothing walking around with all the subtle body language of a stripper are not a female power fantasy. They are a male sexual fantasy.

So I suppose that they do have the same intent, as in, "they appeal to males"

By intent, i meant "exaggerate features to make them stand out" like most people aiming for a cartoonish look do... but i guess there are multiple intents.

@Tam: No... we just won't have a president for 4 years.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    Nappuccino wrote:
    I've been sick as well with barely any sleep... I think you're also my health doppelganger. I just hope you don't get crabs, that would suck for everyone involved.

I'd have to have sex for that to happen so I think we're good there.

Man, crab fishing must be a lot different than I had previously thought.

Both of you have scarred me for life.

Don't get teste- after all, it's not like you're glute to your computer, you can walk away from this conversation whenever you want. Butt admittedly, even if you wait and come back at the crack of dawn tomorrow, this topic may still may not have died down ass much as you may have wanted.

(It's a good thing modship isn't based on a democratic vote, all these puns would have gotten me sacked by now if that were the case.)
    pffffthahah, oh this is splendid.
    DMAC wrote:
    Please don't encourage him.
    NibCrom wrote:
    You can't stop love, DMAC.
    DMAC wrote:
    Watch me.

MDMAC.gif

FWAHAHAHA YESYESYES

• Options
    hahahahaha

• Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited January 2012
    Take that, love.

DMAC on
  • Options
    daaahahahahahahaha

• Options
    I just reminded myself of this clip (which is the reason I used to snicker every time Guernica came up in art history classes):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOZTDP8Ff9w

• Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    Life is wonderful again.

• Options
    The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    Who would've thought mixing a asperger review of Starwars Old Republic with a demo for turntables would actually result in hiphop music i like listening to:
    http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=EckCN3L8R3o&start1=0&video2=gDT3-GitwHQ&start2=0&authorName=DJ+Madbro

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    That's actually....pretty...amazingggg hahah.

I was thinking about buying my 3 day PAXeast thing since they're almost out, but upon further thought, since I know I wont go all 3 days, I think I'm just going to spring for a one day pass once they release what the schedule is. Leaning towards Saturday though.

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    Bacon, never stop making doodleposts.

• Options
    squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    So glad I stopped in here to start my day. It is hilarious in here.

...except for the parts about Santorum, which are terrifying. But I guess also hilarious, too, in a way? Even if the dude were elected President, forcing me to immigrate to Canadia (I am learning French for additional points on the thing!) I could never disassociate him with, uh, the fluid Dan Savage dubbed in his honor a thousand years ago when he was a slightly more harmless insane conservative.

header_image_sm.jpg
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    squidbunny wrote:
    So glad I stopped in here to start my day. It is hilarious in here.

...except for the parts about Santorum, which are terrifying. But I guess also hilarious, too, in a way? Even if the dude were elected President, forcing me to immigrate to Canadia (I am learning French for additional points on the thing!) I could never disassociate him with, uh, the fluid Dan Savage dubbed in his honor a thousand years ago when he was a slightly more harmless insane conservative.
    Election time in the US!
    Popcorn-02-Stephen-Colbert.gif

• Options
    Who would've thought mixing a asperger review of Starwars Old Republic with a demo for turntables would actually result in hiphop music i like listening to:
    http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=EckCN3L8R3o&start1=0&video2=gDT3-GitwHQ&start2=0&authorName=DJ+Madbro

Is that guy... sleep reviewing? Is that a thing?

• Options
    Colbert is the best

so is Jon Stewart

I'd marry Jon Stewart

• Options
    squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    And I'd marry Colbert, with his musical theatre voice! Everyone's happy!

header_image_sm.jpg
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I've just found out my cat likes to watch David Attenborough on the tele and occasionally trying to punch the animals on the screen.

m3nace on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    so this morning my mom asked me how much I would be able to pay for the phone every month
    thinking my parents needed help paying the bills, I said 30 bucks
    she comes home with an iphone 3gs for me
    throws me the box "It was a dollar. You're young, stop using that 'old people' phone. It's only 25 dollars per month for the data plan."

so I have an iphone now
    it's pretty nifty

Tam on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    I'm a bit of an iPhone whore now. I would find it very difficult to give up.

• Options
    Tam wrote:
    so this morning my mom asked me how much I would be able to pay for the phone every month
    thinking my parents needed help paying the bills, I said 30 bucks
    she comes home with an iphone 3gs for me
    throws me the box "It was a dollar. You're young, stop using that 'old people' phone. It's only 25 dollars per month for the data plan."

so I have an iphone now
    it's pretty nifty

Uh, she's not under the impression that the data plan is the entirety of one's phone bill, I hope?

• Options
    well no bacon
    me ma's not dumb
    she added it to the family plan, so I just pay part of the family bill

This discussion has been closed.