As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Life is finally good. Simon's first birthday today!

• Options
    PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    Hey, if the worst thing that comes out of all this is you end up living in Abilene...I mean, it still sucks, but hey.

• Options
    WarbleWarble Registered User regular
    Really sorry to hear about this, josh. I hope things work out for you and your family.

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    All my well wishes for you and your family josh.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Yeah, distance precludes me from offering tactile assistance, so all I can do is offer this spoiler of 100 hearts:
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Good luck man, and best wishes for you and your family.

Houn on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    That's a horrible situation, Josh. I hope your wife and kid make it through okay.

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Best of luck to you, Josh.

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ dude. D:

I really hope everything goes well for your wife.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Thanks again for the well-wishing. We're waiting on more family to come in this weekend. I'll post more on what cell type the lymphoma is on Monday when we see the oncologist.

• Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Also, I understand appetite can be a bitch through chemo/radiation. Are there any foods that you were able to actively desire/eat/keep down? My wife loves to eat, so this is going to be one of the sadder things to happen to her.

I'm going to go ahead here and just say marijuana. One of the most beneficial effects of marijuana for cancer patients is that it restores appetite and reduces nausea.

Unfortunately, it looks like Texas doesn't have any provisions for medical cannabis. I can't speak to how pot is treated where you are (although I really can't imagine Texas tends to view it too favorably, sharing a border with Mexico and all), so you'll obviously have to assess the risks.

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    best of wishes to you and your wife josh, that you may beat this stupid disease and raise a happy family.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Thanks again for the well-wishing. We're waiting on more family to come in this weekend. I'll post more on what cell type the lymphoma is on Monday when we see the oncologist.

oh, so you're not actually an oncologist as well.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    That sucks to hear joat

Hope it all works out for you, your wife and your little one

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    best of luck to you

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    This is awful news to hear, you have my sympathies and best wishes :(

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Oh my god I'm so sorry to hear that josh

Like everyone else before has said best wishes man, we're all here for you as you can see.

• Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Holy shit, that's horrible. Best of luck to you and your lady, man.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    This is the saddest thing. seriously I want to cry.
    like, some forumer mishaps, we've been able to laugh about in retrospect. This is not one of them. At all.

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Man, this is terrible. I hope everything works out for you guys.

My grandma found out recently that she has esthesioneuroblastoma. It's the same cancer that my uncle died from in 2003. Wikipedia says that only around 1000 cases have been reported since it was discovered in 1927. I don't understand how two family members have both gotten it in the span of a decade while it's supposed to some ultra rare shit.

It upsets me.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I know it's been said already and better, but I'm so sorry to read this. I'll be thinking of you and your family, josh. Stay strong. Give each other lots of support, and don't let your worry stop you from enjoying things together as a family.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    Damn @joshofalltrades, sorry to hear about that. :(

At least you have a child to look forward to. :)

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    @joshofalltrades, you are a rad dude and I am truly sorry to hear about your terrible news.

Also, I live southwest of Dallas and if you want some company or something let me know and I'll see what I can do.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    hugs bro

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    May you and yours get through this comfortably and without incident.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    dbrock270 wrote:
    At least you have a child to look forward to. :)

This is actually my biggest worry right now. If things are worse off than we think since it's gone undetected so long, we may not be able to wait long before delivering the baby. Delivering 12 weeks early comes with a shitload of complications. Even in late stages, my wife will probably be okay, just based on the odds. She'll have to go through hell to get to be okay, but she probably will. My new kid... I have no idea whatsoever what's in store for the baby.

• Options
    As for if there's anything you guys can do... well, distractions are probably the easiest thing for everyone here to do from a distance. So basically just keep on being the awesome and classy dudes and gals that I like to hang with here.

• Options
    Josh, my wife was born 12 weeks early.

In 1980.

Yeah, your new kid will be in the NICU for a month or so, but believe me, your kid will be fine.

• Options
    Houn wrote:

In 1980.

Yeah, your new kid will be in the NICU for a month or so, but believe me, your kid will be fine.

I appreciate this, believe me, but it's not going to stop me from worrying.

• Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    My sister in law just had her babies about that many weeks early
    Just like Houn said it means a month in NICU but there are no permanent problems
    I understand this is going to be a rough time
    Here's to your strength and hope in the love that will surround your family when everyone makes it through all right

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    Houn wrote:

In 1980.

I appreciate this, believe me, but it's not going to stop me from worrying.

Well, as a dad, it's your job to worry. But, further persuasion:

10% of all babies are born between 28 and 31 weeks.

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    sweet jesus
    so sorry, Josh
    :(

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    We're all pulling for you man. And I've got a good feeling; your wife seems to be in good hands, medically, and they've got a game plan on how it's going to proceed. Just keep focussed on the next step and try not to worry about what hasn't happened yet.

• Options
    Ugh, I'm already having dreams about this shit, and my jaw is in a lot of pain from being clenched all day and night. Looks like we will probably need to see counselors about this. I'm having a panic attack this morning.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I feel for you man. That is some hot bullshit.

Honestly my advice is to take as many of your classes online as you can. Granted, if you're that close to graduation, you may not be able to, but if you can, it will help with the stress levels, because you'll at least be able to be there with her more than you would have if you're seated for classes.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    D: that's terrible josh, i hope you can find a way to cope with the psychological effects of all this easily

i also hope that everyone is okay and that your daughter isnt picking up too heavily on whats going on and getting stressed too

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    My kids seem to be totally 100% fine and can't even tell that anything is wrong. We're putting on faces for them.

I'm not sure if 5 and 3 are the right ages to have the "Mommy has cancer" talk, at least until something happens that they can understand.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Dang Josh. This is the epitome of messed up. :(

Our prayers are with all four of you, dude. Hope this takes a turn for the better soon.

Veldrin on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    shit, man. good luck. You too, stale. didn't realize you had cancer. Mainly because I don't have time to post/lurk SE++ these days. anyhoo

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    for reals though props to you for being stoic and awesome when your wife and kids need you the most

you are a better person then i could ever hope to be

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Fandyien wrote:
    for reals though props to you for being stoic and awesome when your wife and kids need you the most

you are a better person then i could ever hope to be

My dad told me last night that we had probably done something wrong that offended God and are just reaping what we sow

But fuck him

• Options
    I mean I'm religious but the prosperity gospel can just fuck itself until it dies