As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Infraction System

13»

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    jothki wrote: »
    Looking at the new forum, is it then possible to grant modship to someone who is jailed without removing the jailed status?
    Mod-lite, yes.

I don't know about full modship. I doubt it.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Looking at the new forum, is it then possible to grant modship to someone who is jailed without removing the jailed status?
    Mod-lite, yes.

I don't know about full modship. I doubt it.

Quick, Tube, give him mod-lite status!

jothki on
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Since it came up, what's the difference between foll mod-hood and being mod-lite?

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Since it came up, what's the difference between foll mod-hood and being mod-lite?
    Access to the mod forum, trashcan, infraction forum, mod archives, ability to mod Tube's Circus, ability to infract people, ability to ban people... I don't know whether or not mod-lites can IP trace.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So is it mostly the power to lock and edit things?

jothki on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    They can sticky, make polls, and maybe make announcements, too.

Also, if we catch anyone doing shit in their forums because "oh, they're just mod-lites, they can't do anything about it," we will do very bad things to them.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Thanatos wrote: »
    They can sticky, make polls, and maybe make announcements, too.

Also, if we catch anyone doing shit in their forums because "oh, they're just mod-lites, they can't do anything about it," we will do very bad things to them.

Like edit some of their posts to say very self-demeaning things?

MKR on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I suppose this is the appropriate place to post this. If not, I apologize.

I can't see infractions. I can see that somebody was infracted five minutes ago if I happen to click on their profile, but the red and yellow cards in the actual thread aren't showing up. I assume this is a side effect of being jailed, since that's when they vanished.

So is this a bug or a feature? And if it is a feature, what's the purpose? I've been all through this forum this morning, and I can't find any reference to the phenomenon.

Thanks.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I noticed there's apparently a character limit for the Reasons listing for infractions, because one of LewieP's infraction reasons is cutoff mid-word.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I suppose this is the appropriate place to post this. If not, I apologize.

I can't see infractions. I can see that somebody was infracted five minutes ago if I happen to click on their profile, but the red and yellow cards in the actual thread aren't showing up. I assume this is a side effect of being jailed, since that's when they vanished.

So is this a bug or a feature? And if it is a feature, what's the purpose? I've been all through this forum this morning, and I can't find any reference to the phenomenon.

Thanks.

No, that is not supposed to happen. What browser are you using, did you try other ones? Try logging out, clearing cache and cookies and shit?

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It's the same on Firefox and IE. If I'm logged in, I can see my own infractions, but nobody else's. If I log out, I can see everyone's. I've cleared the cache and cookies, but it didn't do anything. It doesn't seem to be a graphics issue, because both the card and the text saying "User was infracted for this post" vanish when I log in.

I'm going up to campus this afternoon, so if I don't have an answer by then I'll try it on one of the lab computers to see if it's the same there.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited October 2008
    Could be a jailing thing.

Tube on
  • Options
    brandotheninjamasterbrandotheninjamaster Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I have a quick question:

I have been relatively good on these forums, but when I first started posting here I got a warning card. I was just curious if this will stay in profile forever or will disappear at some point in time?

brandotheninjamaster on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wear it like a badge of honor.

Especially if it's from Pheezer.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I have a quick question:

I have been relatively good on these forums, but when I first started posting here I got a warning card. I was just curious if this will stay in profile forever or will disappear at some point in time?

You're tagged for the life of your avatar.

Meiz on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    ive noticed something relevent about temp bans.

when you are temp banned you can lurk but not post... but the forum administration sub forum is not accessable, it doesnt even show up. people that aren't registered, however, can see that section so all you have to do is logout to be able to read it....

its not like you can post anyway but i thought it might have been an oversight.

also, temp banned people can't view other peoples profiles. this may be part of the system but i dont see the reason.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    yeah we'll get right on that

Tube on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    I think Tube is of the opinion that the more inconvenienced you are, the better.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    ScrubletScrublet Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    also, temp banned people can't view other peoples profiles. this may be part of the system but i dont see the reason.

Really dude? You can't see the reason? Ask yourself...what would happen if it wasn't too much work to make every temp ban an IP BAN.

Scrublet on
    subedii wrote: »
    I hear PC gaming is huge off the coast of Somalia right now.

PSN: TheScrublet
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Scrublet wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

Really dude? You can't see the reason? Ask yourself...what would happen if it wasn't too much work to make every temp ban an IP BAN.

The only people left would be Ramius, Tube, and Khoo.

maybe not Ramius.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    My concern for the quality of the foruming experience for those who are banned is exactly zero.

Tube on