As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[East] PAX East 2012 Forum badges

• Options
    RealPlumpBoxRealPlumpBox Burlington, CTRegistered User regular
    I will not be at any pre pax event since I am driving up early friday morning and could only get a one day pass ( got lazy and forgot to order a 3 day.) So I doubt I will be able to obtain one. Also this will be my 5th PAX and first time I seen these,

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    kropotkin wrote:
    Here is the new version with one of the stamp fonts suggested by @rascal:
    PAXEast_2012_Back_v4.jpg

It looks Super Awesome Happy Funtime!

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I will not be at any pre pax event since I am driving up early friday morning and could only get a one day pass ( got lazy and forgot to order a 3 day.) So I doubt I will be able to obtain one. Also this will be my 5th PAX and first time I seen these,

They're not only obtainable via pre-pax events. Stay tuned to this thread as we get closer to PAX for detailed instructions on obtaining one.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I'd like to get added too for my premier PAX, please!

• Options
    griffin.brucegriffin.bruce MichiganRegistered User regular
    Classified stamp addition looks great! I keep getting more and more excited for PAX!

PAX East 2012: [X] Badge // [X] Time-off // [X] Accomodations // [ ] Travel // [X] EXCITEMENT!!!
    Twitter: @griffin_bruce GT: Nephilim Army PSN: NephilimArmy 3DS: 3523-2206-5371
  • Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    kropotkin wrote:
    Here is the new version with one of the stamp fonts suggested by @rascal:
    PAXEast_2012_Back_v4.jpg

LOVE the addition of the stamped font. It looks great!

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    RealPlumpBoxRealPlumpBox Burlington, CTRegistered User regular
    I do like the way these are turning out!!!

• Options
    MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    aww :( I am not on it this year, unless these arent the actual names

lloyehipr7341342326762.png
  • Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    MASeffect wrote:

the names on the image have not yet been updated. usually there is notification at some point that the deadline for adding your name is approaching, and that has yet to occur.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    tvethiopia wrote:
    MASeffect wrote:

the names on the image have not yet been updated. usually there is notification at some point that the deadline for adding your name is approaching, and that has yet to occur.

Ahhh! Gotcha! Many thanks :D

lloyehipr7341342326762.png
  • Options
    LinkSmashLinkSmash Registered User regular
    LinkSmash wrote:
    My Halo fest pass got signed by the folks behind Red vs. Blue <3! You're so lucky, @KellyShepard087 to have Jennifer Hale's!! I <3 FemShep!!!
    Yeah, it was total luck. the badge fell on the table and Steve signed it. Then after waiting three hours to demo ME3 Jenifer had left the signing zone. But she stuck around for those of us who missed her, and we got pics and sigs. #win

I don't think flipping will be a big issue, my halofest and pax badges never seemed to be facing the right way all weekend anyways. ^.^

DAMN!!! She's so awesome and I really, really hope I get to catch her to get my ME3 game signed since it'll be out by then! AHHHH!!!!!! Cannot wait!!!!

• Options
    KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Will Bioware have a booth set up? Even after the game has come out? It'd be wicked sweet if they did.

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Options
    Will Bioware have a booth set up? Even after the game has come out? It'd be wicked sweet if they did.

I'm sure they'll have something there anyways to gain more buzz for the game. Even if they don't have a booth, there's bound to be some panel or major cosplayers.

• Options
    ZappRowzdowerZappRowzdower Registered User regular
    This looks great! Can't wait to pick one up.

• Options
    TimeSyphonTimeSyphon Registered User regular
    I'm really liking the design, thanks for doing this again!

• Options
    LedaXILedaXI Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    I'm looking forward to getting one this year. The design looks awesome! Also, and this may be a bit premature, but when are the questions going to be posted for those of us not attending Pre-Pax events?

• Options
    MasterRokkuMasterRokku Registered User regular
    Getting so very excited!!!!!!

PAX South Status: [x] Room @ The Marriot - [x] 3 day pass - [x] Vacation scheduled
  • Options
    TheAsianKnightTheAsianKnight Shinywoopwoop Registered User regular
    Loving everything about this.

I can't wait to get one, but I'm still unsure whether or not I'll be able to make it to the pre-pax events, which is a bummer, but I'm glad you don't have to go to them to get one

Pax East Check List: Room [X] Registration [X] Pax Pass [X] Pokemon league Gym Leader Team [X]
    Cosplay Check List: WOOPER [X]
    WOOP WOOP!
  • Options
    KoalaBro2KoalaBro2 Registered User regular
    Haha, so I checked this out way back in the day, saw the list of names on the back, figured "it's only for people who have already been active in the forums" and disregarded it. Now that I've actually read down further and seen the procedure for getting involved, count me in! Man, only two more months!

• Options
    zoidbergensteinzoidbergenstein Registered User regular
    definitely one of the cooler ideas ive seen for an event. this is my first year attending all 3 days of pax east so im definitely going to end up participating in more of these awesome events.

• Options
    gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    If you watch the latest episode of PATV you can see the Prime badge behind someones PAX badge towards the end of the episode.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • Options
    chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    gigabrain wrote:
    If you watch the latest episode of PATV you can see the Prime badge behind someones PAX badge towards the end of the episode.

PAXception!

• Options
    tehnakkitehnakki Registered User regular
    Oh wow, those are super fantastic! Great job again Kropotkin, king of badges!

Hufflepuff for lief, muthafuckers!

the 'teh' is silent: eljay ~ * ~ twitter ~ * ~ ravelry ~ * ~ last.fm
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    tehnakki wrote:
    Oh wow, those are super fantastic! Great job again Kropotkin, king of badges!

*blush*

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    One year you are going to run out of theme ideas for the rear, but this isn't that year. Nice work!

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Decius wrote:
    One year you are going to run out of theme ideas for the rear, but this isn't that year. Nice work!
    Lies and slander

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote:
    Decius wrote:
    Lies and slander

Statistically it's true. PAX may not exist when it happens though. @kropotkin is a master.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    Decius wrote:
    zerzhul wrote:
    Decius wrote:
    Lies and slander

Statistically it's true. PAX may not exist when it happens though. @kropotkin is a master.

I'm sure I can come up with something twice a year. I already know what I'm going to do for Prime.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited February 2012
    *drum roll* IT'S THE PAX EAST 2012 FORUM BADGES QUESTIONS!!!

In celebration of PAX East 2012 being a mere 2 months away as of today, I have chosen to post the PAX East 2012 Forum Badge questions. These questions will only be asked if you pick up the badge from BYOC desk during PAX East 2012. Attendees of certain pre-PAX East events need not answer any questions.
    1) Name ONE unofficial PAX Prime community event:

* Pre-PAX Dinner
    * Cookie Brigade
    * Pre-PAX Magical Mystery Tour
    * Trading Cards
    * Pre-PAX/Post PAX Board Game meetup

2) Who made the Forum Badges?

Kropotkin [Pr: KRO-POT-KIN]

3) Do Gabe and Tycho read the PAX forums?

No

4) What is the Name/Handle of the PAX Forum Moderator?

Moe Fwacky

5) What is the theme for the back of the PAX East 2012 forum badge?

World War II

6) What is the name of the military operation at the back of the PAX East 2012 forum badge?

Black Lotus

7) Buttons or trading cards at PAX East?

Trading Cards

8) There is a group of PAX attendees that gives out crunchy and sweet foodstuffs and takes voluntary donations for the Childsplay charity during PAX. What is this group called?

The Cookie Brigade

9) According to the forums, it is a general rule that PAX is most definately not, under any cirumstances a BLANK service. What is the 'blank'?

Dating

10) What creature is there a picture of on the right hand side of the PAX community shield?

A fish/salmon

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    hurrah! another sign we're getting close!

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    The only acceptable answer for #10 is 'salmon'.

NEVER FORGET

7B14287.png
  • Options
    KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Easy questions for forum goers. I don't know question #3, but I can memorize it.

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Options
    FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    Easy questions for forum goers. I don't know question #3, but I can memorize it.

It will take an insane accident for a forumer to fail these, yet most non-forumers may not get it. Good work sir.

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    griff6659griff6659 Syracuse , NYRegistered User regular
    I can’t wait for this!!!! April please come faster!

Well, that is a thing!

PAX East 2014:
    Hotel [x] Transportaion [Driving] Passes [x] Challenge Coin [Soon]

• Options
    RastRast Keene NHRegistered User regular
    This is probably the wrong place for this, but here goes...
    I noticed that the Pub Crawl was not on the list of Pre-PAX events. Does this mean there isn't one this year or am I just reading into things too much?

Pax East 2015: Hotel [X] Passes [X] PokeCrawl [ ] Pure Joy [X]
  • Options
    JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Registered User regular
    Rast wrote:
    I noticed that the Pub Crawl was not on the list of Pre-PAX events. Does this mean there isn't one this year or am I just reading into things too much?

There is one going on...just the details haven't been announced yet.

• Options
    RastRast Keene NHRegistered User regular
    JerYnkFan wrote:
    Rast wrote:

There is one going on...just the details haven't been announced yet.

Cool. Thanks!

Pax East 2015: Hotel [X] Passes [X] PokeCrawl [ ] Pure Joy [X]
  • Options
    KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    I totally meant to pick one up last year, but got so wrapped up in madness that I never managed it. Being able to grab it at at the pokecrawl will make it much easier!

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • Options
    YAY! Cannot WAITTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for this times a billion and one!!

• Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    kropotkin wrote:
    *drum roll* IT'S THE PAX EAST 2012 FORUM BADGES QUESTIONS!!!

Whew.. it's official.. I will be thinking of nothing else for the next 2 months. Hope work doesn't mind. Or notice..