As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[East] PAX East 2012 Forum badges

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Are the badges printed and cardstock then lamenated? Or are the same sturdy plastic as the Pax passes?

Neither. They're heavy paper but not quite card stock. Kropotkin supplies a soft plastic badge holder that they slip into and have a handy dandy hole for connecting to a lanyard.

• Options
    KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Cool beans. I wasn't sure. And when you said how big they were I was afraid of getting it messed up.

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Options
    nataliepinataliepi Rogue Astronomer PARegistered User regular
    I WANT! This is my second PAX but my first time trying to get more involved with the forums. Am I eligible to get a forum badge? I'd love to have one!

PAX East 2013 Checklist: 3-Day PAX Badge [x] Hotel [x] Travel [x] Time Off [x]
    t: @nataliepi | fb: fb.com/hernandeznlh
  • Options
    ottoman673ottoman673 Registered User regular
    These sound really cool.. i want one.

PAX East 2012 Checklist: [x] 3 Day Pass [x] Time off Work [x] Flight [x] Hotel
  • Options
    nollienollie Registered User regular
    nataliepi wrote:
    I WANT! This is my second PAX but my first time trying to get more involved with the forums. Am I eligible to get a forum badge? I'd love to have one!
    In the same boat! It was kind of a last minute thing for us last year deciding to go and I didn't really get on the forums much. This year trying to get on forums more, joining cookie brigade and would love love love to get a forum badge! I'm already registered for byoc so shouldn't have to go too far out of my way for one :D

Pax East 2012 Omeganaut!
    Pax East '12 checklist: [x] 3 day pass, [x] hotel booked, [x] byoc seat registered, [ ] cookies baked, [ ] omegathon won.
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Man the one thing I miss about old forums was an indicator if you'd posted in a thread or not... anyway I am, yet again, down for both being on the back of a badge and picking one up to haul around with me all weekend :) they look nice as always! Thanks for putting in the time and effort to make these every year!

• Options
    feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    nollie wrote:
    nataliepi wrote:
    In the same boat! It was kind of a last minute thing for us last year deciding to go and I didn't really get on the forums much. This year trying to get on forums more, joining cookie brigade and would love love love to get a forum badge! I'm already registered for byoc so shouldn't have to go too far out of my way for one :D

What will happen is this: by posting in this thread, your name will be on the back of the badge itself. Congrats!

At PAX, to pick it up, you need to go to either a Pre-PAX event like the MMT or PPD or PokeCrawl OR you will need to go to the pre-determined pick up spot (likely the BYOC check in desk) and say you are here to pick up your forum badge. The Enforcer will then ask you a question pertaining to the forums, and a correct answer will earn you the badge.

Don't think you know anything about the forums? Don't worry, the questions will actually be posted to this thread before PAX, so you will know what will be asked and what the answers are. Call it an extra perk for being awesome.

• Options
    Will we still be asked the question if we go to a Pre-Pax event?

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    since the question of the size of these has come up, i thought i'd share a photo of my forum badge from last year. it's on the lanyard that i believe was in the pax swag bags, along with my pax badge, and i set it on top of a game box for scale.
    6708957243_0f4c7fc7fa.jpg

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I've been on the badge the past two years, might as well ask to be on it again!

Thanks kropotkin!

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Awesome size! I like it alot. DId anyone have the badges at Prime, and did it interfere with your HaloFest badge?

Edit:
    I ask because I got my Halofest badge signed by Steve Downs and Jennifer Hale and it will be coming with me to every Pax.
    388721_3163630613128_1336249895_3306976_1533262690_n.jpg

KellyShepard087 on

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    This would be awesome; hopefully my leave gets approved.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod

No. The pre-pax event coordinators will be handing them out to all their attendees that want one (while supplies last). I believe that Kropotkin usually supplies the number that have signed up for an event plus a little buffer. Any extras go to the main pickup spot at BYOC.

• Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    tvethiopia wrote:
    since the question of the size of these has come up, i thought i'd share a photo of my forum badge from last year. it's on the lanyard that i believe was in the pax swag bags, along with my pax badge, and i set it on top of a game box for scale.

Dumb newb question, where did you get the plastic sleeve at? Is that how it came?

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    tvethiopia wrote:

Dumb newb question, where did you get the plastic sleeve at? Is that how it came?

sleeve was included with forum badge. i also kept a trading card tucked into the back side of it so other trading card folks could see i was holding.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    zerzhul wrote:

No. The pre-pax event coordinators will be handing them out to all their attendees that want one (while supplies last). I believe that Kropotkin usually supplies the number that have signed up for an event plus a little buffer. Any extras go to the main pickup spot at BYOC.
    cool beans. Glad to know. I'll be at the pre-pax dinner. Glad I can snag one of these.I can't wait to see the finished product.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • Options
    nataliepinataliepi Rogue Astronomer PARegistered User regular
    nollie wrote:
    nataliepi wrote:

What will happen is this: by posting in this thread, your name will be on the back of the badge itself. Congrats!

At PAX, to pick it up, you need to go to either a Pre-PAX event like the MMT or PPD or PokeCrawl OR you will need to go to the pre-determined pick up spot (likely the BYOC check in desk) and say you are here to pick up your forum badge. The Enforcer will then ask you a question pertaining to the forums, and a correct answer will earn you the badge.

Don't think you know anything about the forums? Don't worry, the questions will actually be posted to this thread before PAX, so you will know what will be asked and what the answers are. Call it an extra perk for being awesome.

Got it! I'm pretty excited for the this. The design looks awesome! I will be at PPD so I'll look out for the badge there and at BYOC desk.

PAX East 2013 Checklist: 3-Day PAX Badge [x] Hotel [x] Travel [x] Time Off [x]
    t: @nataliepi | fb: fb.com/hernandeznlh
  • Options
    adastraadastra Registered User regular
    Very exciting! :D

Seeing event-driven forums like this really ramping up... makes me realize that we're getting close to PAX. And that makes me happy.

• Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Awesome size! I like it alot. DId anyone have the badges at Prime, and did it interfere with your HaloFest badge?

Edit:
    I ask because I got my Halofest badge signed by Steve Downs and Jennifer Hale and it will be coming with me to every Pax.
    388721_3163630613128_1336249895_3306976_1533262690_n.jpg

The only time the Forum Badges become an issue is when your official PAX Pass needs to be checked. There is a tendency for it to flip over, obscuring your official pass. Just be wary of this is all I can say.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    LinkSmashLinkSmash Registered User regular
    My Halo fest pass got signed by the folks behind Red vs. Blue <3! You're so lucky, @KellyShepard087 to have Jennifer Hale's!! I <3 FemShep!!!

• Options
    MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    can't wait to add another one of these to my growing collection of PAX items.

• Options
    LinkSmash wrote:
    My Halo fest pass got signed by the folks behind Red vs. Blue <3! You're so lucky, @KellyShepard087 to have Jennifer Hale's!! I <3 FemShep!!!
    Yeah, it was total luck. the badge fell on the table and Steve signed it. Then after waiting three hours to demo ME3 Jenifer had left the signing zone. But she stuck around for those of us who missed her, and we got pics and sigs. #win

I don't think flipping will be a big issue, my halofest and pax badges never seemed to be facing the right way all weekend anyways. ^.^

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • Options
    girlgamer88girlgamer88 Registered User regular
    This is going to be my second PAX. I'm very new to the forums (i.e. I joined today because I'm getting super excited!) and am interested in finding as many ways as I can to get more involved this year and make new friends.

8BitBek

Future game art lady!
  • Options
    gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    This is going to be my second PAX. I'm very new to the forums (i.e. I joined today because I'm getting super excited!) and am interested in finding as many ways as I can to get more involved this year and make new friends.

Well then, you've come to the right place!

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • Options

MMT, pre pax dinner, and the pokecrawl.
    the first two you'll meet new people and the last you'll make new best friends, at least for the night.

• Options
    rascalrascal Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    kropotkin wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback all, it's much appreciated. I'll amend the name layout as best I can, although Justifying text in Photoshop is no mean feat. As for the Interpuncts, I seriously doubt I can even attempt to install those thanks to the image being edited in Photoshop and not Word.
    Looks great! I'm in the midst of designing a logo for an event and have been fiddling around with fonts for the past week...so I know what you're going through.
    Not to add to your design burdens, but what do you think of giving the CLASSIFIED even more of a rubber-stamp look by adding a border, and maybe open it up at the same time with an outline or stencil font and paler red?
    HQ2aa.png

rascal on
  • Options
    mooseymoosemooseymoose Registered User new member
    I'll be at the dinner and I'd love to be added to the badge. Thanks!

• Options
    DMmagicDMmagic PAX East Enforcer Springfield, MO, USARegistered User regular
    I just realized, I don't think I've put my name down yet for one of these. Sign me up!

• Options
    @rascal thanks a bundle for the rubber stamp pic, I'll see if I can incorporate it.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    Posting later than normal on this thread. kropotkin you continue do outdo yourself with each badge. Love the one I got last year and this year's is awesome I love the theme on the back. I agree with rascal's ideas for modifying the classified part.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    replying now, then reading the thread 'cause i'm late. will add opinion as an edit if no-one else posts.

• Options
    burnttoast45burnttoast45 Registered User regular
  • Options
    griff6659griff6659 Syracuse , NYRegistered User regular
    I really hope to get one this year! I had no clue about the forums last year and now it seems I check them everyday!

Well, that is a thing!

PAX East 2014:
    Hotel [x] Transportaion [Driving] Passes [x] Challenge Coin [Soon]

• Options
    F1CTIONALF1CTIONAL Registered User regular

Is it too late to get your name on it? It would be totally awesome if we could.

• Options
    SnipethewolfSnipethewolf Registered User regular
    I must say it looks amazing! If I get one I will wear it to work!

• Options
    Here is the new version with one of the stamp fonts suggested by @rascal:
    PAXEast_2012_Back_v4.jpg

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    Not sure if i've posted in this thread this year or not. Either way I am now, so hey =)

• Options
    Does it have the new names on it yet?

I like that [CLASSIFIED] stamp. looks good!

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • Options
    gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Like the addition of the stamp. Great idea

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • Options
    Does it have the new names on it yet?

I like that [CLASSIFIED] stamp. looks good!

Not until 1 month before PAX East 2012 do the names get compiled, so no it doesn't.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png