Options

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, but not over the lameness of countdowns

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    klemming wrote: »
    august wrote: »
    Sarif sounded like a hippie-ass Silicon valley motherfucker who you shouldn't even trust to watch your dogs.

So they knocked it out of the park is what I'm saying.

I recall Toufexis saying a long time ago that Sariff's voice actor is a conspiracy nut. I guess not the easiest guy to work with.

In that case, surely this is one franchise he'd be perfect for? If you have someone claiming they're being targeted by the Illuminati, don't you want someone who can really sell it?

And a real serial killer playing Hannibal would be more authentic, but most directors probably wouldn't want to work with one.

Because they're not real artists!

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    This is real and cool as fuck

jg2gcmcgaqlp.jpg

The Jensen prosthetic from Open Bionics

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Why am I hearing her speak in Sariff's voice?

"Adam, have any cigars with you?"

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    She didn't ask for this.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    azith28 wrote: »
    She didn't ask for this.

Does the bionic arm grant her the ability to punch through walls?

What about the built-in-blades?

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    On a more practical level, does the wrist have 360 degree rotation?
    Also, that face on the robot thing in the background freaks me out. I think I'd prefer a terminator skull.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Dumb question:

Is there a way to get the original to play nice with an Xbone controller on Windows 10 PC?

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Dumb question:

Is there a way to get the original to play nice with an Xbone controller on Windows 10 PC?

It works fine for me (wired/wireless) on Win 10 (albeit I'm on build 1607 -- dunno if that changes anything).

If you're talking about original original year 2000 Deus Ex, then that's a lot harder.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    It's whatever the GOTY edition from Steam is.

Isn't there some app I need in order to map buttons?

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Despite owning Human Revolution and then DC since they came out, I never got around to playing it until now due to some valid issues at the time. Anyway, now I'm playing through HR:DC and I'm wondering about something. When you get a discount from a vendor, does that also affect your sale rates too? Do you get better prices on things you sell to them if you have a discount in place?

Edit: NM It looks like it's just for your purchases.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    On a more practical level, does the wrist have 360 degree rotation?

iirc some of the comments suggest that the wrist isn't even a point of articulation

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    Does the bionic arm grant her the ability to punch through walls?

What about the built-in-blades?

I'm guessing no.

That'll be the next generation.

Alt response: not yet, they're making sure she's comfortable with the power to choke the life from a person at her whim before giving her the higher power upgrades.

Seriously that arm is fucking awesome. Between things like this and the Luke arm from a few years back, I'm really glad to live in a time where we're making great strides in prosthetics.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Now the work on the day one patch begins!

Apparently the PC requirements are coming soon as well, which surprised me as I thought they would be out by now. Good news is that DX12 is in and the conversion has been done by NIXXIES again, who have a really solid track record.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    We already knew that Deus Ex is gold. But it's good to hear it's gone gold as well.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    We already knew that Deus Ex is gold. But it's good to hear it's gone gold as well.

I always figured that's what the new bad guy was referring to in the first trailer; "the promise of a golden age is over!" because the piss filter is disabled now

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I was very glad to see they ditched the yellow filter. It didn't ruin the visuals, but having it literally everywhere definitely did not improve the otherwise-great visual design.

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    This is real and cool as fuck

jg2gcmcgaqlp.jpg

The Jensen prosthetic from Open Bionics

That robot behind her is disturbing.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    In Human Revolution, during your first time in Detroit there is an apartment with a level 5 locked door. That door leads to an illegal clinic/augshop and there is a hidden Praxis point in there. Is this apartment associated with any quest, or is the front door code revealed anywhere like on a computer or PDA? I ask because I don't just want to bust in there and sequence break if a quest will bring me there later. I already explored a bit too much and ended up having to lose a few hours of gameplay by going back to an earlier save because I screwed something up by doing that.

I really want that Praxis point, but I want to get it legit.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    In Human Revolution, during your first time in Detroit there is an apartment with a level 5 locked door. That door leads to an illegal clinic/augshop and there is a hidden Praxis point in there. Is this apartment associated with any quest, or is the front door code revealed anywhere like on a computer or PDA? I ask because I don't just want to bust in there and sequence break if a quest will bring me there later. I already explored a bit too much and ended up having to lose a few hours of gameplay by going back to an earlier save because I screwed something up by doing that.

If you got to it without glitching or anything, I don't think you're sequence breaking anything.

• Options
    edited July 2016

If you got to it without glitching or anything, I don't think you're sequence breaking anything.

Well, what I mean is that I went into the Morgue, for example, through exploration, and locked myself out of the conversation with the guy in the lobby. Had to go back several hours when I realized because not talking to him makes exploring the entire police station a nightmare.

Honestly though the most important part of my question right now is if the code can be found anywhere/is given to you as part of a quest/sidequest, or if the door is ONLY hackable/explodable.

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    AFAIK(remember) you only catch rumours of the apartment existing, but no side quest actually sends you there specifically, unlike say the Cop's apartment that you can completely rifle before the game sends you there.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I stealthed my entire way through the police station as a challenge on my first run, which was coincidentally the run I got the Foxiest of the Hounds achievement. Not even one of my most save-scummed areas! :P

• Options
    MandresMandres Registered User regular
    I stealthed my entire way through the police station as a challenge on my first run, which was coincidentally the run I got the Foxiest of the Hounds achievement. Not even one of my most save-scummed areas! :P

Hehe, I'm playing through HR again too and scum-saving the shit out of the police station.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    AFAIK(remember) you only catch rumours of the apartment existing, but no side quest actually sends you there specifically, unlike say the Cop's apartment that you can completely rifle before the game sends you there.

I _think_ there's a fence by the police station that you can hop over if you have augs, and there's a datapad back there with info on the clinic, but I don't remember if it's just the location or if it gives you the door code as well.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular
    I hacked all the hackable computers in the police station after talking my way through Haas. It took a lot of ridiculous box stacking and save-scumming. I'm a crazy person.

sXXjb1B.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

Christ, I can't stealth to save my life.

*takes ten steps*
    *gets spotted by guard somehow*
    *murders guard*
    "Welp, fuck"

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    I have come to love and appreciate Jenson's smartassery and the way it leads to JC's.

Apparently it is genetic to be a giant smartass.
    Meeting the contact during the murder investigation Farida asks you to do. "Death and Taxes. Something Something. Confucius."

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Darmak wrote: »

*takes ten steps*
    *murders guard*
    "Welp, fuck"

This is every stealth game I play, lol.

I ALWAYS try and do it the 'right way' and end up murdering everyone.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options

*takes ten steps*
    *murders guard*
    "Welp, fuck"

Wait.

That's not the right way to play the game?

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Man.

Playing through the DC for the first time. I knew
    Sarif was shady, but jesus. That guy's a prick.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    PreciousBodilyFluidsPreciousBodilyFluids Registered User regular
    Man.

What are you referring to?
    I only remember Bob Page/The Illuminati coming across as a real asshole in the DLC

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

*takes ten steps*
    *murders guard*
    "Welp, fuck"

That's how you get ants.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options

*takes ten steps*
    *murders guard*
    "Welp, fuck"

About halfway through the game I stopped trying to be completely stealthy and would instead sneak through an area up until the point where I was discovered. Then I'd go apeshit and out came the explosives and automatics

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    I have two modes of play. Stealth murder everyone with a silenced pistol and full on berserker rampage with automatics, explosives and murder blades. Oddly enough, you can turn Detroit into a graveyard and there are no repercussions.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Man.

I only remember Bob Page/The Illuminati coming across as a real asshole in the DLC
    The way he prioritizes the Typhoon over the hostages. Him ordering Adam turnes into a weapon. Keeping that backdoor open despite it getting people killed on two seperate occasions. Giys a prick.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Man.

The way he prioritizes the Typhoon over the hostages. Him ordering Adam turnes into a weapon. Keeping that backdoor open despite it getting people killed on two seperate occasions. Giys a prick.
    The Typhoon is a high grade military weapon system that, in the hands of terrorists, could kill a lot more people than those few hostages. Sarif cares about his people, but the Typhoon matters more, both to his company and as a matter of lives at risk.

Adam does need upgrades to survive, so giving him the best makes sense. Admittedly, some of the upgrades aren't essential, but considering who all's going to be gunning for Adam, it's... understandable, if ethically questionable.

And yeah. Sarif's sometimes a dick with the backdoor. But considering who he's up against and what the information is worth, being a prick makes sense.

The man's not a saint, but once the whole picture's in view... he's one of the least shitty people in power in any Deus Ex game, by far. And yes. That is kind of sad.

• Options
    Yeah, on my first playthrough I kept expecting him to turn on me. Like, he'd turn out to have a killswitch wired into me to make sure I couldn't go rogue or something. But no, even if he's keeping things from you, he's still backing you.
    He's got his secrets and agendas, but at the end of the day, what's his first reaction when you find him at the end?
    "Adam! Thank God! We've got wounded here, we'll have to move them first."

• Options
    Yeah, on my first playthrough I kept expecting him to turn on me. Like, he'd turn out to have a killswitch wired into me to make sure I couldn't go rogue or something. But no, even if he's keeping things from you, he's still backing you.
    He's got his secrets and agendas, but at the end of the day, what's his first reaction when you find him at the end?
    "Adam! Thank God! We've got wounded here, we'll have to move them first."

I honestly don't remember much from the games, but I remember that while he seemed skeezy, he was ultimately aight with me. It was those other assholes that I really wanted to merk (the Illuminati)

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Finally beat Human Revolution in preparation for this. It has it's flaws, but HR is such a great experience. Hoping Mankind Divided can build on it in some cool ways.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    The only bad thing about Mankind Divided is waiting for Mankind Divided to come out. I want it... NOW!

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
This discussion has been closed.