As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[East] Hotel Discussion Thread *Westin Waterfront & Seaport are SOLD OUT*

• Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    HuskyDork wrote:
    For those who stayed at the Westin, are roll-aways available?

IIRC, only in the rooms with one King bed.

• Options
    flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    You could always bring your own with today's Woot! (Slumberjack Emergency Cot)

East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    ChimneyImpChimneyImp Shifty Eyes BostonRegistered User regular
    I do believe the Westin is basically booked already. Oh dear. Good thing I snagged a room.

Z04due2.png
  • Options
    flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    ChimneyImp wrote:
    I do believe the Westin is basically booked already. Oh dear. Good thing I snagged a room.

According to the availability chart, the only thing that's really sold out is 2-bed rooms on Thursday night. They are showing 50+ Double-Doubles for Fri-Sat, and they still have some King rooms all 3 nights (over 200 Fri-Sat).

Then again, not sure how often that chart is updated.

East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    EdracEdrac Registered User regular
    So, the Westin shows $179 for a double with 2 double beds, or $219 for a quad with 2 double beds... is there any difference between the size of those 2, or just paying more for more people? Also are either of those large enough to get by with 2 air mattresses chilling on the floor ('cause me and my buddies aren't exactly keen on cuddling :P )

• Options
    TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    Whats a good place to book at? Second year, 3-day pass this year. I just want something relatively cheap for my parents and me to share.

8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
  • Options
    benswimmingbenswimming PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Edrac wrote:
    So, the Westin shows $179 for a double with 2 double beds, or $219 for a quad with 2 double beds... is there any difference between the size of those 2, or just paying more for more people? Also are either of those large enough to get by with 2 air mattresses chilling on the floor ('cause me and my buddies aren't exactly keen on cuddling :P )

All the same rooms, and last year we had 4 people on a room with 2 air mattresses, at the Westin, so I will say yes.

PAX EAST 2011 Omeganaut
    Twitter: sweeneyben
    XBL: Disco Ball
  • Options
    Blade FusionBlade Fusion Timmins, ONRegistered User regular
    Got my Westin booked. PAX here I come.

• Options
    RachelkittenRachelkitten PMS_KTN Broomfield, CORegistered User regular
    Got the hotel booked. DoubleTree.

Pax East 2012 checklist: 3 Day Pass [X] Accomodations [X] Travel [X] Time Off [X]
    Twitter: KTNPWNS_PMS
  • Options
    Edrac wrote:

All the same rooms, and last year we had 4 people on a room with 2 air mattresses, at the Westin, so I will say yes.

Good to know, I'm curious on how they compare to the Westin in Copley Place's room size. My friends and I stayed there last year and we fit 4 people in there reasonably well.

• Options
    Whats a good place to book at? Second year, 3-day pass this year. I just want something relatively cheap for my parents and me to share.
    Nevermind. I'll be booking the westin tonight!

8elUgf9.png

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Snagged a room at the Westin for the wife and myself. I will give a recommendation to the Renaissance hotel if people need a backup plan. We stayed there last year and it was extremely pleasant.

• Options
    SammySammy Registered User regular
    Westin booked Thu - Mon!

Only beds left were the Kings, but if the Westin provides roll-a-ways that'll be cool. Otherwise eh. My cousin can deal. lol

Go Team !Squirtle!!!! Nurse Joy Pokecrawl '11

PAX EAST 2012: HOTEL [X] FLIGHT [] PASSES [X] TIME OFF []
  • Options
    Anyone know how many people one could fit in a single with a king size bed? Looking like those are my groups only option if we wanted to he in at the westin next to the con. Could we fit 6 people in 2 of them with air mattresses and 1 person per bed?

• Options
    OnmitsuOnmitsu I'm just a birdie Ca-caw, ca-caw!Registered User regular
    flatline wrote:
    ChimneyImp wrote:

According to the availability chart, the only thing that's really sold out is 2-bed rooms on Thursday night. They are showing 50+ Double-Doubles for Fri-Sat, and they still have some King rooms all 3 nights (over 200 Fri-Sat).

Then again, not sure how often that chart is updated.

True, but don't count on them to last. If anyone is delaying on booking, It's really unwise if you want the Westin.

Man, even Dora the Explorer thinks you're slow.
  • Options
    benswimmingbenswimming PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Edrac wrote:
    Anyone know how many people one could fit in a single with a king size bed? Looking like those are my groups only option if we wanted to he in at the westin next to the con. Could we fit 6 people in 2 of them with air mattresses and 1 person per bed?
    5 is doable, with 2 in a bed, 1 cot, and 2 air mattresses, 6, maybe if someone wanted to sleep right at the door, or in the bathroom?

PAX EAST 2011 Omeganaut
    Twitter: sweeneyben
    XBL: Disco Ball
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Edrac wrote:
    5 is doable, with 2 in a bed, 1 cot, and 2 air mattresses, 6, maybe if someone wanted to sleep right at the door, or in the bathroom?
    I think the real question is how close are they? You can put 3 or 4 people in a King sized bed if you don't mind some just friends spooning.

• Options
    ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    We stayed at the Holiday Inn Boston Brookline last year because I booked really late. The hotel is awesome and the staff was really nice, but it's soooo far from the con that there were limited buses to and from the convention, and the ride was long. So we're going with the Radisson this year.

My question: I have enough points for a free night as the Radisson. How do I go about using them when booking through OnPeak? We could just book through the hotel instead of OnPeak but I remember hearing about last year, when some people were moved from their hotels because of overbooking. Also, the non-free night would be almost twice the price because I wouldn't get the PAX discount. :P

UyhWici.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    I don't think you can use points through OnPeak. OnPeak is just a booking agency, they have a block of rooms, they take reservations and pass them on to the hotels a week or two before PAX. You might be able to use the points, but you'd have to ask the hotel and would probably have to do it when you check in. If the stipulations around the points say that you have to indicate that you are using them when the reservation is made and not on check-in, chances are you can't use them with OnPeak.

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    I don't think you can use points through OnPeak. OnPeak is just a booking agency, they have a block of rooms, they take reservations and pass them on to the hotels a week or two before PAX. You might be able to use the points, but you'd have to ask the hotel and would probably have to do it when you check in. If the stipulations around the points say that you have to indicate that you are using them when the reservation is made and not on check-in, chances are you can't use them with OnPeak.

That's what I figured. I'm mostly worried about the hotel over booking and bumping us out because we aren't booked with the PAX block!

UyhWici.png
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    We have almost tapped out the westin before hotels have even been announced on PA main page. This year is going to be intense.
    That's what I figured. I'm mostly worried about the hotel over booking and bumping us out because we aren't booked with the PAX block!
    You can book through onpeak and call up raddison and ask to use your points to pay for the room, that might work.

zepherin on
  • Options
    WarabitWarabit Registered User regular
    Booked at the Seaport Thursday-Sunday for the wife and I. It's nice we get to be so close since we will have a 3.5 month old at that time. Was worried about not getting one close by. But i digress! Starting to get pumped for Pax! I bought our airline tickets today as well. Just need Registration to open now!

• Options
    LcheeseboyLcheeseboy Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Is the Seaport really sold out of Double rooms on Thursday and Sunday already? Registration has been up for a day. I realize I should have booked last night, but I needed to cash some checks and make sure I had enough to pay the deposits just in case, and it's too late already? Damnit.

Lcheeseboy on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I really wish they would remove that stupid deposit note on the site. Or make it plain as day that you wont be charged anything if you book with a credit card. Every year it just confuses everybody.

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    BigRed wrote:
    I really wish they would remove that stupid deposit note on the site. Or make it plain as day that you wont be charged anything if you book with a credit card. Every year it just confuses everybody.

Ditto. You only need to make an up front deposit if you do not have a credit card.

• Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    totally stoked my buddy tipped us off about this. Westin baby! Renaissance was fine and all, the walk wasn't too bad, but I want to invest in some rockin PJs and wear them for late-night-boardgaming! Gotta check into this whole Pokecrawl (?) as we'll actually be there in time this go-around.
    I need to find more info on how to get involved!
    Also, looking into cookie brigade :D

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    Booked Westin just now! Dad wasn't too happy that checkin day is the 5th (we live in CT so first day we just drive up), but im booked! Now just gotta get a 3-day pass and a BYOC pass

8elUgf9.png

• Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    My wife and I stayed at the Colonnade Boston last year and loved it. Service was excellent, and where it was located was right in the middle of a bunch of stuff for my wife, who was not attending PAX. It was a short trip by bus to the convention center, and I never had a problem catching a shuttle to or from. It was nice to disconnect for a little while at the beginning and end of the day - something I don't think I could do if I stayed at the Westin.

Rooms are amazing too -- we're staying there again this year. Can't wait for PAX East!

• Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    ishtra wrote:
    totally stoked my buddy tipped us off about this. Westin baby! Renaissance was fine and all, the walk wasn't too bad, but I want to invest in some rockin PJs and wear them for late-night-boardgaming!

late-night pax pajama party should totally be a thing.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    TilionTilion Registered User regular
    Booked 3 rooms at the Renaissance for myself and the party I'm going with.

We stayed there last year as well ... awesome hotel all around.

• Options
    bigo2magsbigo2mags Registered User regular
    Exodus1 wrote:
    I called the Westin, they sent me to their reservations line (I booked a Triple-Double, and I want to know what that means lol). The gentleman on the phone said the Westin does not have any rooms with 2 King beds in it, and he was really confused when I said I booked a "Triple-Double". My guess is the Westin booking isn't syncing well with the OnPeak site, be sure to read very carefully the number of beds in the room and mark the occupancy in the separate space they provide.

I called the Westin and asked to book a "Double-Double Animal style with extra sauce" and they just hung up on me. :?

userbar694334an1.gif
    userbar741514.gif
  • Options
    OnmitsuOnmitsu I'm just a birdie Ca-caw, ca-caw!Registered User regular
    tvethiopia wrote:
    ishtra wrote:
    totally stoked my buddy tipped us off about this. Westin baby! Renaissance was fine and all, the walk wasn't too bad, but I want to invest in some rockin PJs and wear them for late-night-boardgaming!

late-night pax pajama party should totally be a thing.
    I think you just totally hit on a Thursday night activity. Which would basically be exactly like 2011 PAX East, but with Pajamas, which make it 20% cooler.

Man, even Dora the Explorer thinks you're slow.
  • Options
    FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    heels wrote:
    Frugus wrote:
    You may also want to check out the option of parking the car at the BCEC itself. If memory serves, it was something like 10$ a day for self serve and 20$ a day for Valet service. Also (again from memory) you could leave your card there for the weekend for 30$.

As a heads up the BCEC does not offer overnight parking, just day rates.

Maybe something changed since the time this was quoted (or the person could have been wrong) This is the quote where I found the original info, see # 6
    Krissta wrote:
    [Clip]
    6. Bring a separate car. To save money, we carpooled with friends. Unfortunately, we had to leave early Sunday because one of them got really sick (not from PAX). Total bummer. :( We also found out later that the BCEC did indeed have overnight parking! They charged $40 for the entire weekend! So next year, we know where to park!
    [Clip]

I'll see if I can't find an actual confirmation.

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Frugus wrote:
    heels wrote:
    Frugus wrote:
    You may also want to check out the option of parking the car at the BCEC itself. If memory serves, it was something like 10$ a day for self serve and 20$ a day for Valet service. Also (again from memory) you could leave your card there for the weekend for 30$.

As a heads up the BCEC does not offer overnight parking, just day rates.

Maybe something changed since the time this was quoted (or the person could have been wrong) This is the quote where I found the original info, see # 6
    Krissta wrote:
    [Clip]
    6. Bring a separate car. To save money, we carpooled with friends. Unfortunately, we had to leave early Sunday because one of them got really sick (not from PAX). Total bummer. :( We also found out later that the BCEC did indeed have overnight parking! They charged $40 for the entire weekend! So next year, we know where to park!
    [Clip]

I'll see if I can't find an actual confirmation.

I think they didnt announce it until thursday before PAX...there was a LED sign outside the convention center when I walked in early after the Fried Food Lunch to get my lanyard.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • Options
    runethomasrunethomas Registered User regular
    Booked at the Weston almost missed the Twitter post. Last year I stayed at the seaport and liked them but it would be easier to not have to walk across the street. Anything special I should note about the Weston waterfront?

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    runethomas wrote:
    Booked at the Weston almost missed the Twitter post. Last year I stayed at the seaport and liked them but it would be easier to not have to walk across the street. Anything special I should note about the Weston waterfront?

Just that the Westin Waterfront is full of win ;)

• Options
    MoociferMoocifer Artsy Broad Registered User regular
    Booked at the Westin! I can't believe I actually got it in time. It was kind of a spur of the moment choice to just do it do I'm pretty excited.

Last year we stayed at the Colonade. It was a gorgeous room.. That bed was just amazing. BUT I would love to be right next to BCEC for obvious reasons so IT IS DONE.

PAX East 2014!!!1!one
    3 Day Pass: [x] // Travel: [ x] // Time Off: [ x] // Hotel: [x]
    Twitter: @amysophie
    Twitter: amysophie
    Gamertag/Steam: Vixen Valentine
  • Options
    FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    Moocifer wrote:
    Booked at the Westin! I can't believe I actually got it in time. It was kind of a spur of the moment choice to just do it do I'm pretty excited.

Last year we stayed at the Colonade. It was a gorgeous room.. That bed was just amazing. BUT I would love to be right next to BCEC for obvious reasons so IT IS DONE.

I expect the vibe at the hotel to be very different from the other ones.

One of the things on my "would be nice" list is to play a random game of whatever in the lobby either late night or early in the morning.

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Booked at the Westin and added my info to the Google doc. It's funny, Prime 2011 was my first PAX, and I knew I would be going to the next one, but the appeal of East happening sooner than the next Prime made me cave. This will be my first trip to the East coast in a looooooooooooong time.

polaris314 on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
  • Options
    MoociferMoocifer Artsy Broad Registered User regular
    Frugus wrote:
    Moocifer wrote:

I expect the vibe at the hotel to be very different from the other ones.

One of the things on my "would be nice" list is to play a random game of whatever in the lobby either late night or early in the morning.

I highly approve of this! Especially if it includes The Ninja Game. Just sayin'.

Although, cards or something would be awesome as well. Ahem.

PAX East 2014!!!1!one
    3 Day Pass: [x] // Travel: [ x] // Time Off: [ x] // Hotel: [x]
    Twitter: @amysophie
    Twitter: amysophie
    Gamertag/Steam: Vixen Valentine