As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[East] Hotel Discussion Thread *Westin Waterfront & Seaport are SOLD OUT*

• Options
    FatherVenomFatherVenom Registered User regular
    punzie wrote:
    Khadour wrote:
    punzie wrote:
    Woot! Got a room at the Westin. :D The site said they didn't have rooms available for Tuesday though. Guess I'll just be coming in super early Wednesday morning. Was anyone else able to get a room there Tuesday through the PAX site?

You mean you won't be at J. J. Foley's on Tuesday before PAX East? This will make for many sad PAXers . . .

I have my ways /evil grin
    Just annoying to have to stash all my stuff (so many cookies!!!) somewhere else Tuesday night and move it to my room Wednesday. Oh wells.
    How is that annoying? I thought I was doing all the work and supplying most of the space?

• Options
    devieeedevieee Registered User regular
    You guys have noooo idea how much I'm literally freaking out right now.
    I'm literally sitting here googling the hotels listed on these sites just to see which ones accept 18+ check in age because we're 20 year olds... And no luck just yet. It's so hard to find these.. Usually theres FAQs to read that usually tells me if they are letting 18+ check in age but GOOD GRIEF some doesn't T_T
    The fear of this being live on the actual pax east website anytime now is freaking me out.. Crap

Can someone please let me know which one of these hotels are 18+ check in age if you already know? Please help T_T

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    devieee wrote:
    You guys have noooo idea how much I'm literally freaking out right now.
    I'm literally sitting here googling the hotels listed on these sites just to see which ones accept 18+ check in age because we're 20 year olds... And no luck just yet. It's so hard to find these.. Usually theres FAQs to read that usually tells me if they are letting 18+ check in age but GOOD GRIEF some doesn't T_T
    The fear of this being live on the actual pax east website anytime now is freaking me out.. Crap

Can someone please let me know which one of these hotels are 18+ check in age if you already know? Please help T_T

Have you tried calling the hotels and asking what arrangements can be made as opposed to just looking at the website? Or try calling OnPeak and see if they can find out for you?

• Options
    edited October 2011
    zerzhul wrote:
    Have you tried calling the hotels and asking what arrangements can be made as opposed to just looking at the website? Or try calling OnPeak and see if they can find out for you?

I've tried about 4 hotels and no answers so far.. Just goes directly to voicemail. I haven't tried OnPeak but yeah I'll try it then.

edit:
    I'll try emailing the hotels too.

devieee on
  • Options
    devieee wrote:
    zerzhul wrote:

I've tried about 4 hotels and no answers so far.. Just goes directly to voicemail. I haven't tried OnPeak but yeah I'll try it then.

edit:
    I'll try emailing the hotels too.

... voicemail? I would think it would go to a reservation service or something. Although right now is technically off-hours I would think the front desk would still be available at a lot of hotels. OnPeak certainly won't be available until normal business hours.

• Options
    KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    Booked the Westin Thurs-Tuesday.

JfqWFk8.png
  • Options
    Found a hotel. Gonna book but sadly, I don't have enough money to cover the deposit. Not sure if they even charge me right then and there.. but I don't want to risk an overdraft fee from my bank since I'm booking with a debit.
    Deposit Policy
    First night's room and tax by credit card guarantee is required.

Guarantee by Check
    A credit card is required to hold all reservations made online, but you may send a check later to cover hotel deposits (they will be accepted until 02/17/2012). Please make all checks payable to onPeak and include a copy of your reservation acknowledgement. Checks should be sent to:
    onPeak
    350 N Clark St, Ste 200
    Chicago, IL 60654

Im sorry if I'm such a noob at this but I've never had to book a hotel out of state before. Does this mean I can book it but it won't charge my shit right away? I barely have any money in my debit.. Don't want to overdraft

• Options
    AngrypastaAngrypasta Registered User regular
    I noticed that people are still booking at the Westin after others have said it was sold out - do you think they're making rooms available on a rolling basis so late-comers get a chance too?

• Options
    dalaamprincedalaamprince Registered User regular
    I think it's only been rooms with two beds on Thursday that are sold out so far.

• Options
    MoociferMoocifer Artsy Broad Registered User regular
    Angrypasta wrote:
    I noticed that people are still booking at the Westin after others have said it was sold out - do you think they're making rooms available on a rolling basis so late-comers get a chance too?

Not sure... I was told that all double king bed rooms were sold out already and the single king bed rooms were most likely going to sell out in a day or two. And that's when I made my reservation at around 10am.

PAX East 2014!!!1!one
    3 Day Pass: [x] // Travel: [ x] // Time Off: [ x] // Hotel: [x]
    Twitter: @amysophie
    Twitter: amysophie
    Gamertag/Steam: Vixen Valentine
  • Options
    devieee wrote:
    Found a hotel. Gonna book but sadly, I don't have enough money to cover the deposit. Not sure if they even charge me right then and there.. but I don't want to risk an overdraft fee from my bank since I'm booking with a debit.

Im sorry if I'm such a noob at this but I've never had to book a hotel out of state before. Does this mean I can book it but it won't charge my shit right away? I barely have any money in my debit.. Don't want to overdraft

If you're using your debit as a credit card (i.e. it has a Visa or MasterCard logo), you will not be charged anything unless you don't show up the first night.

• Options
    Angrypasta wrote:

It's not all sold out, just certain nights.

• Options
    Angrypasta wrote:
    If you're using your debit as a credit card (i.e. it has a Visa or MasterCard logo), you will not be charged anything unless you don't show up the first night.

Alright. I booked. Gonna have money in that debit soon as I can. Just in case.
    Boston Park Plaza Hotel & Towers
    Apr 5-8.

• Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    This link shows how many rooms are left in each hotel per night.

Right now, the Westin has single-bed rooms available from Thursday night through Monday night and double-bed rooms on Friday, Saturday and Monday nights, but none for Thursday or Sunday. If you try to book a room that covers any night that is not available, it will tell you there are none available, even though there are only none available on one or two of the nights that you are attempting to book.

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    CyberGoldFishCyberGoldFish Registered User regular
    Does anybody know if the Seaport does 18+ checkin

• Options
    LcheeseboyLcheeseboy Registered User regular
    Moe Fwacky wrote:

I don't think you can link to anything on that site without generating an error, but you can click "Continue" to get past the first page, then click the "Hotel Availibility by Night" tab to see it.

• Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    I'm happy I got the westin. I have a single for thursday night and then a double for friday-sunday

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Options
    mad_typistmad_typist Registered User regular
    Very happy to get into the Westin Thurs-Sun. It's impossible to over-state the awesomeness of being attached directly to the convention center. The one annoyance is that there's not much down by the BCEC - if we decide to extend our trip for some bonus Boston sightseeing, I will probably book a hotel elsewhere in the city for those nights (either down by the Hynes, or perhaps closer to Fanueil Hall/Quincy Market)

• Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    zerzhul wrote:
    There is, and you get there the same way you did last year. You have to do a search, then there's a link you can click on. It's not linked anywhere specifically because that table requires your session token.

That link requires your session token, so it won't work if you just click on it. The way to get to that page is to do a normal search, and then there is a link that looks like a tab right next to "Search Results" that says "Hotel Availability by Night". It is on the topish of the page. That link takes you the page that gives a good graphical representation of availability.

7B14287.png
  • Options
    Looks like the westin has opened up some 2-bed rooms, so they now have rooms from thursday through monday nights, but they are limited.

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    EvilOtakuEvilOtaku Registered User regular
    Thursday night looks to be sold out now. only Friday-Monday night 2-bed rooms left at the Westin

• Options
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    Looks like the westin has opened up some 2-bed rooms, so they now have rooms from thursday through monday nights, but they are limited.

I hope this is a case of the Westin actually having more rooms and NOT the Westin overbooking in anticipation of cancellations. Though I suspect they wouldn't practice that via OnPeak.

• Options
    Angrypasta wrote:
    Moe Fwacky wrote:

I hope this is a case of the Westin actually having more rooms and NOT the Westin overbooking in anticipation of cancellations. Though I suspect they wouldn't practice that via OnPeak.

I hope that as well. If you want to be absolutely sure, call onpeak and voice your concern.

• Options
    Well the blocks for those days were previously "closed" and not "unavailable", which probably means they were holding them for something that may not have panned out.

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Kiki_louKiki_lou Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Booked the Westin!!!! OMG I totally thought I would miss out on this!!! Booked a King bed for thursday thru to monday :) YAY according to the chart there were only 19 rooms left for all 4 days.....I feel so lucky right now :)

I'm just wondering though why the link to it was posted here and not on the main 'hotel' page on the PAX East website....

Kiki_lou on
  • Options
    JTailsJTails OHIORegistered User regular
    vttym wrote:
    My wife and I stayed at the Colonnade Boston last year and loved it. Service was excellent, and where it was located was right in the middle of a bunch of stuff for my wife, who was not attending PAX. It was a short trip by bus to the convention center, and I never had a problem catching a shuttle to or from. It was nice to disconnect for a little while at the beginning and end of the day - something I don't think I could do if I stayed at the Westin.

Rooms are amazing too -- we're staying there again this year. Can't wait for PAX East!

That's what we're doing this year too; there's a place down the street for breakfast, a PFChangs and Cheesecake factory right across, plus a supermarket a few blocks down. It takes about 20 minutes or so by taxi if you miss the shuttle. Loved this hotel as well (the amount of pillows), CANT WAIT EITHER!

• Options
    MoociferMoocifer Artsy Broad Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    JTails wrote:
    vttym wrote:
    My wife and I stayed at the Colonnade Boston last year and loved it. Service was excellent, and where it was located was right in the middle of a bunch of stuff for my wife, who was not attending PAX. It was a short trip by bus to the convention center, and I never had a problem catching a shuttle to or from. It was nice to disconnect for a little while at the beginning and end of the day - something I don't think I could do if I stayed at the Westin.

Rooms are amazing too -- we're staying there again this year. Can't wait for PAX East!

That's what we're doing this year too; there's a place down the street for breakfast, a PFChangs and Cheesecake factory right across, plus a supermarket a few blocks down. It takes about 20 minutes or so by taxi if you miss the shuttle. Loved this hotel as well (the amount of pillows), CANT WAIT EITHER!

We stayed at this hotel this year and it was really nice. We didn't know about the grocery store at first.. So we wandered around and ended up finding a Coldstone and getting some milkshakes haha. Once we discovered it though, that grocery store became our best friend. We did have an issue with the shuttle being an hour late on Friday but it wasn't a big deal. We were surrounded by people singing Jonathon Coulton songs so it was okay. Haha :D

OH. And those pillows? They were my LIFE. Not to mention the amazing view from the window!

Moocifer on
    PAX East 2014!!!1!one
    3 Day Pass: [x] // Travel: [ x] // Time Off: [ x] // Hotel: [x]
    Twitter: @amysophie
    Twitter: amysophie
    Gamertag/Steam: Vixen Valentine
  • Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    just out of curiosity, when will hotels go up on the main site? don't get me wrong, it was GREAT getting a head start, but at this rate it looks like the westin will be completely booked before hotel booking is open to the public.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    OnmitsuOnmitsu I'm just a birdie Ca-caw, ca-caw!Registered User regular
    tvethiopia wrote:
    just out of curiosity, when will hotels go up on the main site? don't get me wrong, it was GREAT getting a head start, but at this rate it looks like the westin will be completely booked before hotel booking is open to the public.

Honestly, if you're going by the main site, you'll never get a shot at the Westin, so it's a moot point. The prized 3 day slot was gone 2 days after the first announcement, the only saving grace right now is the extra 20 rooms that opened up after the initial blast in booking. I've been watching the bookings in real-time, and it's been fascinating. It took half a day for all the two bed rooms in the Westin to be devoured, and only another day and a half after that for the one bed rooms to be snapped up. I'm actually really surprised that most of the 20 added are still there.

Man, even Dora the Explorer thinks you're slow.
  • Options
    It will probably go up on the main site no later than when reg is open.

• Options
    ZakkyZakky Registered User regular
    Got in at the Seaport. We stayed there last year and enjoyed it!! The walk across the bridge wasn't too bad and had a Duncan Doughnuts right behind the hotel for breakfast. We would have given the Westin a shot but they didn't have any rooms available for Tuesday through Sunday. Not too mention, $20 per night cheaper saves $100 over the course of the stay.

• Options
    RemmybaxRemmybax Registered User new member
    Bah! Been checking the Pax-East registration/hotel tabs for a week now waiting for them to open. Just luck I noticed this thread.

Since me and a bud are gonna end up taking the Sonic Line, we figured we'd slum it Thursday in a motel 8 somewhere. Got a double bed room at the Westin for the 6-9th tho. Woot!

Not a single double room to be had on thursday.

• Options
    sellmi82sellmi82 Registered User regular
    JHMeader wrote:
    Stayed at The Renaissance Boston Waterfront last year. Really nice place! Will probably try for the Westin because the closer the better, but if not the Renaissance is where it's at!

thats where i booked mine because the westin was sold out, im sure it isnt too bad of a walk right? i hope

• Options
    MrT137MrT137 Registered User regular
    Yeah, I was checking
    Remmybax wrote:
    Bah! Been checking the Pax-East registration/hotel tabs for a week now waiting for them to open. Just luck I noticed this thread.

Since me and a bud are gonna end up taking the Sonic Line, we figured we'd slum it Thursday in a motel 8 somewhere. Got a double bed room at the Westin for the 6-9th tho. Woot!

Not a single double room to be had on thursday.

Yeah, I was checking the website too. At least I got the Westin for Friday and Saturday, and the Renassaince for Thursday night. I booked a quad for the Westin, but there was no place to put in a request for a rollaway bed. I'm sorry, but a double bed is not big enough for two non-cuddling adults. I'll probably call them closer to the convention and request cots or something.

• Options
    ThreeveThreeve Registered User regular
    Remmybax wrote:

I've been doing the same, but I didn't notice this thread until after the Westin sold out Thursday and Monday. So now I am trying to pick between the Seaport and the Renaissance. I stayed at the Renaissance last year. It was nice, there was a pizza place open late around the corner and within a short cold walk of the BCEC.

Who has stayed at the Seaport? Pros/Cons? Food options? Anything else?

Thanks.

• Options
    for future reference, http://twitter.com/Official_PAX is the best place for up to date pax news that you can easily follow.

• Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    So I wavered.. and changed my reservation from Colonnade to Seaport. Being closer is better for me, and since I'm going with 2 other people (first timers) this year, they will probably appreciate that more. My wife and (by then) 3 year old daughter (not going to PAX) will have some things to do nearby... probably moreso than at Colonnade.

Seemed like Seaport had decent reviews, and some of the cheapest parking ($19 for no in/out) - plus an indoor pool is always nice - not that I'll be using it.

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    Threeve wrote:
    Remmybax wrote:

I've been doing the same, but I didn't notice this thread until after the Westin sold out Thursday and Monday. So now I am trying to pick between the Seaport and the Renaissance. I stayed at the Renaissance last year. It was nice, there was a pizza place open late around the corner and within a short cold walk of the BCEC.

Who has stayed at the Seaport? Pros/Cons? Food options? Anything else?

Thanks.

We stayed at the Seaport. No cons. It was a short walk over the bridge to the BCECC. There's a restaurant, bar, and coffee stand for quick breakfasts. One night we got delivery, and the front desk was happy to hand over a couple of menus for local delivery joints. The Italian place we ordered from was decent and fast.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    KorvasKorvas Registered User regular
    I have a question on the parking at the westin, for anyone who went last year... How much is it and are there any problems with it? I thought I remembered reading last year that some people were having problems with it? or maybe that was some where else... just trying to formulate my driving arrangements and such early thanks!

• Options
    FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I never stayed there.

However you may want to read this...
    Frugus wrote:
    Axon wrote:
    zerzhul wrote:
    Axon wrote:
    Does the westin have underground parking like seaport does?

Yes it does. If memory serves, it was $35/day on my hotel bill.

Sounds 'bout the same. Thanks!

Indeed most hotels charge between 35$ to 40$ per night on Valet parking. You can sometimes manage your way into getting a deal but that's usually easier when the hotel is not at it's busiest.

You may also want to check out the option of parking the car at the BCEC itself. If memory serves, it was something like 10$ a day for self serve and 20$ a day for Valet service. Also (again from memory) you could leave your card there for the weekend for 30$.

And this...
    gigabrain wrote:
    Frugus wrote:
    heels wrote:
    Frugus wrote:
    You may also want to check out the option of parking the car at the BCEC itself. If memory serves, it was something like 10$ a day for self serve and 20$ a day for Valet service. Also (again from memory) you could leave your card there for the weekend for 30$.

As a heads up the BCEC does not offer overnight parking, just day rates.

Maybe something changed since the time this was quoted (or the person could have been wrong) This is the quote where I found the original info, see # 6
    Krissta wrote:
    [Clip]
    6. Bring a separate car. To save money, we carpooled with friends. Unfortunately, we had to leave early Sunday because one of them got really sick (not from PAX). Total bummer. :( We also found out later that the BCEC did indeed have overnight parking! They charged $40 for the entire weekend! So next year, we know where to park!
    [Clip]

I'll see if I can't find an actual confirmation.

I think they didnt announce it until thursday before PAX...there was a LED sign outside the convention center when I walked in early after the Fried Food Lunch to get my lanyard.

TL;DR: Most hotels usually have Valet Parking service between 35$ to 40$. In my personal experience it's usually first come first served, but you will want to call up the Hotel to be sure about that. There are other possibilities in and around the BCEC, just know that some offer overnight parking and some are not.

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png