Options

games "journalism" - submit your shit to orikae already, jesus christ

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    make no mistake, all of my "success" was pure stubbornness and being at the right place at the right time. This didn't require a lot of genius, it just required someone being psychotic enough to put in 18+ hour days for weeks and weeks on end.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Jesus FUCK Stale.

Jesus

Every so often I think "aw I should make more money doing something clever" and then good lord I see the actual process in action and it's just stunning.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Stale wrote: »
    make no mistake, all of my "success" was pure stubbornness and being at the right place at the right time. This didn't require a lot of genius, it just required someone being psychotic enough to put in 18+ hour days for weeks and weeks on end.

Willing to work 18+ hours for weeks on end? Stale, have you thought about the glorious life of a professional consultant?

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    oh hey my new article is published too

went through my e-mail, some guy mentioned my occupy article and enjoyed it but felt i should be smarter

man fuck you guy, fuck yourself guy why can't you be nice

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    "Be smarter, Dumbass," seems like such a dumb thing to say.

• Options
    not the exact word choice but i get unusually bothered by that "be smart" shit

i'm probably the easiest person to troll in the world

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    Is being the dumbest guy on MD like being the ugliest house in the best neighborhood?

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i need to get published on medium difficulty so that no one can claim anjin's the dumbest ever again

• Options
    I don't actually think he is the dumbest, I am just kind of rolling with that dude's stupid comment and making it a plus no matter how you look at it

• Options
    i was joking

• Options
    Quoth wrote: »
    Is being the dumbest guy on MD like being the ugliest house in the best neighborhood?

no, its like being a house in canada where weed addicts come in and leave their blunt needles lying everywhere, and blast soft rock into all hours of the morning, until someone calls the police. the cops unsaddle, make their way to the door and knock twice, give the weed addicts a hearty handshake and tell them they're making a fuss, please boys keep it down

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    not the exact word choice but i get unusually bothered by that "be smart" shit

i'm probably the easiest person to troll in the world
    I can totally understand that. I'm the same.

It fucking sucks when people are dicks about your intelligence.

Dux on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    i need to get published on medium difficulty so that no one can claim anjin's the dumbest ever again

But then I will have to submit an article, and then someone else, and pretty soon it will be a cycle.

• Options
    nah
    there has to be a line drawn
    it's probably already BEEN drawn

• Options

no, its like being a house in canada where weed addicts come in and leave their blunt needles lying everywhere, and blast soft rock into all hours of the morning, until someone calls the police. the cops unsaddle, make their way to the door and knock twice, give the weed addicts a hearty handshake and tell them they're making a fuss, please boys keep it down

Okay so who are the cops in this scenario, are they kotaku or reddit

• Options
    If it's any consolation, Anjin, I wish I could write as funny as you.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Man this is a great site actually.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Hey MD people, just wanted to pop in and let you know that a friend of mine linked me a "good article from a promising site" on FB.

It was W's piece on Violent Young Men.

So keep up the good work.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular

whoever wrote that email, he dumb as shit

you write posts like this and then worry; words so live and energetic a power substation covets

• Options

Willing to work 18+ hours for weeks on end? @Stale, have you thought about the glorious life of a professional consultant?

• Options
    When I see MD, I think "Maryland"

• Options
    i love pretty much every article i've read on this site

good work

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    nah

Hold the line!

• Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Yeah, seriously. Your site is solid, Orik. Quoth are you an editor as well? Nice work to the both of you.

Stale, that article was awesome. You are a fucking mmo savant.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    Yukira wrote: »
    nah

Hold the line!

love isnt always on time
    (whoaoaoa)

• Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    nah

Hold the line!

love isnt always on time
    (whoaoaoa)

I think I love you both.

t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, seriously. Your site is solid, Orik. Quoth are you an editor as well? Nice work to the both of you.

My contribution is minimal

Many many others have done much more

I am like the weird scraggly runt in some famous rapper's posse, the one everyone forgets is there until they need to send someone to buy ice or something

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »

Willing to work 18+ hours for weeks on end? @Stale, have you thought about the glorious life of a professional consultant?

yes, but the people who would pay me the money I'd ask, would balk at a big bean-pole skinhead covered in tattoos.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options

thanks, yo

q is one of a team of friends of mine who are being fucking awesome. in particular she has helped by doing administrative stuff and editing while i am mostly internetless, in florida, playing mass effect and glaring at the pool and palm trees outside

• Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular

yes, but the people who would pay me the money I'd ask, would balk at a big bean-pole skinhead covered in tattoos.

Buy a wig.

A really really stupid wig.

t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular

My contribution is minimal

Many many others have done much more

I am like the weird scraggly runt in some famous rapper's posse, the one everyone forgets is there until they need to send someone to buy ice or something

Meanwhile we, the podcast crew, are simply groupies tagging along while on-tour.

• Options
    Stale wrote:

You might be surprised!

• Options
    I fear I'll be the least informed podcast member this week, not having ME3 and all.

So standard procedure @Melding, discuss Australia as much as possible.

• Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    Don't worry Gatsby, I am ME3-less until my paycheck comes in next week.

• Options
    I'm just going to play dumb and pretend the game doesn't even exist.

• Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    What game?

• Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    My sole contribution is recommending to Orikaejim that he get a caching plugin. I should write an article or something.

MKR on
  • Options
    it really helped me out. i'm entertained by how many views we're getting from reddit today and NOW the site is rock solid. you rule!

• Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    it really helped me out. i'm entertained by how many views we're getting from reddit today and NOW the site is rock solid. you rule!

:rotate:

You should consider setting up a CDN if this traffic keeps up. It puts the heavy stuff like CSS, images, and javascript close to visitors.

MKR on
  • Options
    I want to write more articles but I'm out of ideas at the moment due to not sleeping

It's like... Video games

Yup

I played those once

This discussion has been closed.