As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

That's BULLSHIT.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    I think this thread is making me want to play MMX again.

And then Super Metroid, because that is another ridiculously awesome SNES game.

all this is making me want to get back into my first playthrough of Earthbound. it's my buddy's game, and it's been in the snes for months. Waiting.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    last thing I remember doing is saving Paula.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    haha!! dogns

if I had a signature this would be it

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    It can be!

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular

Happy Happy town is one of the best and worst parts of the game.

Fuck you trees and mushrooms. Fuck nature!

}
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    Jephery wrote: »

Happy Happy town is one of the best and worst parts of the game.

Fuck you trees and mushrooms. Fuck nature!

is that the one where everything is blue?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Yeah, hilariously. They painted everything blue.

}
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Biology test omits creation theory, complains Kentucky educator
    In Hart County, about an hour and 20 minutes south of Louisville, the local school superintendent is now expressing his frustration that a new state biology test is, in his opinion, treating evolution as a fact, rather than a theory.

He also charges that the test is omitting the "creation story" that cites God as the originator of the universe.

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    remind me never to go to kentucky

• Options
    edited December 2011
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._coli_long-term_evolution_experiment

This is something that should be included every high school biology curriculum.

Well, not the experiment itself, just the results. But if some how you could recreate the experiment in a single year (which is doubtful) that would be amazing.

Jephery on
    }
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    pfft what can experiments tell you about the way the world works that you can't read in the good book

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    Creationists would likely respond to that experiment by saying it's only microevolution, and thus doesn't count. Ignorance is invincible.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    MMX: I played it a while a few years ago and never beat any of the bosses.

Super Metroid: I need to play this again because it is SO GOOD.

Earthbound: I have never beaten it. I don't know how far in I've gotten (many hours as far as I know) but I have played the first few hours multiple times and its hard to redo them again.

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    wow, the scopes trial was crazy

• Options
    pretty sure I have, but haven't beaten super metroid.

as for MMX or any of the other games, I think I only ever rented them sometimes, and never got far with them.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    This thread has reminded me that there are two MMXZ games and apparently another series after THAT that I haven't played yet.

Although apparently they stopped being as nutscrushingly difficult after 1's and to a lesser extent 2's punishment.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, this Lowes thing.

CBe2Z.jpg

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Ur religion?

you mean the worship of the Sumerian moon god?

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    ALL HAIL UR

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    No no, I think he means "ur-religion", although why understanding the origins of religion in human culture would help here, I don't know.

• Options
    BlinkBlink Registered User regular
    MMX is easily top 3 Super Nintendo. Super Metroid and LttP are probably the other two.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    ASimPerson wrote:

This has always been the best
    I always liked this piece very much
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBR7c-uYVhg

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I want a metroid II remake

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    some guy is making a fan remake, the demo is nice, but plays a bit differently. don't know if I like it...

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    It's a real shame it hasn't gotten the Zero Mission treatment. If there's one major Nintendo game that could use a remake like that I'd say it's Metroid 2.

... Maybe Zelda 2 also.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    hey if you like the original metroids

check out Shadow Complex

f'serious y'all

• Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    Jephery wrote:

Well, not the experiment itself, just the results. But if some how you could recreate the experiment in a single year (which is doubtful) that would be amazing.

this was super interesting, but what was even more interesting was the attempt by the fool who runs Conservapedia to 'obtain the data from the experiment' and the subsequent written smackdown that ensued. It's long as hell, but it's pretty entertaining to read:

http://www.conservapedia.com/Conservapedia:Lenski_dialog

33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    That second reply is delicious. I especially like the p.p.p.s.

• Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    In other words, it’s not that we claim to have glimpsed “a unicorn in the garden” – we have a whole population of them living in my lab! [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Unicorn_in_the_Garden] And lest you accuse me further of fraud, I do not literally mean that we have unicorns in the lab. Rather, I am making a literary allusion. [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allusion]

this part is so good that I've googled for it just to read it again

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod

Earthbound is the only RPG I've ever played where I force myself to change the characters' names before playing. Paula is my most hated female name ever. (If anyone here is named Paula, your name sucks.)

And then, of course, there's Poo...

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    a name you should never change

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

One of my friends named his baby girl Gretchen.

Apparently it's after his wife's grandmother.

But still

Gretchen.

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    sheesh that's no way to go through life

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    What do you even shorten that to? Greta?

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    KalTorak wrote:
    What do you even shorten that to? Greta?

gretch

rhymes with

retch

Brolo on
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Rita
    Chinny
    Greta
    Tachen
    Or, more likely, whatever her middle name is.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    G-Bone

• Options
    Enc wrote:
    Rita
    Chinny
    Greta
    Tachen
    Or, more likely, whatever her middle name is.

Franchesca

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Riale wrote:
    Jephery wrote:

this was super interesting, but what was even more interesting was the attempt by the fool who runs Conservapedia to 'obtain the data from the experiment' and the subsequent written smackdown that ensued. It's long as hell, but it's pretty entertaining to read:

http://www.conservapedia.com/Conservapedia:Lenski_dialog

The conservapedia version was censored (surprise surprise.) More info here:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Conservapedia:Censoring_Lenski's_RW_ref

All of the letters are here, uncensored:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Lenski_affair

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
This discussion has been closed.