Options

League of Legends - Korean Foxy Lady Eventually.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    What is imgur and how do I use it? I never really mess with sig stuff so I don't know how to really do anything with it. Like I want one of those cool steam sigs but I haven't actually taken the time to figure it out.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    it's just an image hosting site like imageshack, but without any of the hassle

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Ah, cool. I will give it a look. Thanks.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    nasoos.jpg
    1323031744794.jpg

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    For the past couple days, I've been pretty frustrated with incredibly awful teams, especially ones that had Yi on them.

Then I bought a new skin.
    q0Qzq.jpg

I need to buy more skins.

wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    aviator irelia is the best goddamn skin

• Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    So I play another game with Skarner, and it's always a bad sign when everyone else wants to be a carry before you're even into bans. So Skarner went ska-ska-skarner jungle and I went bottom lane Leona. The Wukong fed to Karth all game. I think the only way he ever got back to base was Karthus' R. The Ashe I was partnered with was the most brain dead lane partner I have had... in a long time. Got way to close to enemy mobs, and got suckered into Blitz arm about ten times. I'm not kidding, most of their deaths were in laning... by that I mean more than five. Cass did fine mid, as far as I know, but Skarner is such a helper it could have been that. Smart play from me and Skarner secured a LOT of kills and dragon/baron.

Eventually me and Skarner engineered a push by catching a few of their champs out of position and wrecking them. Then we got two inhibitors and as they're defending bottom lane, Wukong backdoors. I was literally surprised he even knew what backdooring was. All told it was very frustrating. if there is anything that really ticks me off, it's all the KS'ing Ashe did at the end. Managed to not look entirely terrible by snatching up all kinds of kills late in the game. Only knew how to last hit champions. I think about nine minutes in Ashe was 0/4/0 and I was 1/0/1.
    leona.JPG

Very frustrating game, and amazed we won. I swear jungle Skarner can carry just about any team. Almost, we lost the game before. Had another Karthus and a Nocturne that got fed so bad.

Edit: Looking at the screenshot reminds me, Ashe wanted me to run heal for them. Cuz that would help when she goes flying over to Blitz for the ninth time to get raped. I kind of feel sorry for Blitz though. He got killed a few times because he went to grab me, as I was flying to his face. Stun, Stun, Skarner! That and I anticipated a lot of grabs that would have been my end and dodged. Blitz is a lot like Nidalee IMHO... telegraph skillshots.

Daris on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Jarvan/Leona

Still so fucking good

Replay: http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/28368/

This lane still did relatively well against us, actually (don't play Jarvan that often, don't have his power level entirely internalized)

Screenshot:
    201112050009Win.jpg

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    How did their Nocturne do so bad? I want to know. The only way I can even think of killing him is completely stopping his attacks so you can actually kill him. Hate him so much.

Edit: Screw it, I'm watching.

Daris on
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    I would guess he did so poorly because he went straight DPS, you can't do that anymore you just get blown up

qFN53.png
  • Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    I just won a 4v5 ranked match. My heart is still racing from the game, just wow. Our Ryze dc'd at the 10 minute mark and we figured that was gg, but we won a teamfight, with our Cait doing cleanup. She came out of it 8/1/3, and all I can say is that she was amazing. From then on, me(Irelia) and Skarner just played disruptors, throwing slows, exhausts and ults on their vayne and gangplank every time we could. We both ended up building as tanky as we could, and our enemy would continue to focus us while Cait melted them. One Skarner ult = enemy slain by Caitlyn. Our support Taric ignored me and Skarner and focused on keeping Cait alive. That's all he did, and we won. I finished the game 2/8/18. Most fun game I think I have ever played.

I was so excited that I didn't take a screencap.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    as kog'maw:

best backdoor ever: back tower top, then the inhib tower, then the inhib, then a nexus tower

they were trying to drive bot and sent kassadin back; he had two very narrow escapes while poking at me feebly

they surrendered just as I was walking out of base figuring they'd all blue pilled to get me

RAR I'M HUNGRY

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Just won a game where we had a 0/10/2 Fizz with 78cs at 45 minutes. He would literally stand around and do nothing while we were teamfighting ten feet away. He never used a single ability.

Luckily, despite laning phase disasters, we had a good Garen, a decent Brand, and Kaorti's Tristana was farming all over the place (and I, Udyr, the greatest of them all). They had to learn not to split up and facecheck bushes the hard way, and then we took baron, ran into their base, and aced them three times within.

I honestly wish Fizz would get Urf'd.

• Options
    eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    Sampsen wrote:
    I just won a 4v5 ranked match. My heart is still racing from the game, just wow. Our Ryze dc'd at the 10 minute mark and we figured that was gg, but we won a teamfight, with our Cait doing cleanup. She came out of it 8/1/3, and all I can say is that she was amazing. From then on, me(Irelia) and Skarner just played disruptors, throwing slows, exhausts and ults on their vayne and gangplank every time we could. We both ended up building as tanky as we could, and our enemy would continue to focus us while Cait melted them. One Skarner ult = enemy slain by Caitlyn. Our support Taric ignored me and Skarner and focused on keeping Cait alive. That's all he did, and we won. I finished the game 2/8/18. Most fun game I think I have ever played.

Teams that can peel for their farmed carry are teams that usually win.

LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote:
    as kog'maw:

best backdoor ever: back tower top, then the inhib tower, then the inhib, then a nexus tower

they were trying to drive bot and sent kassadin back; he had two very narrow escapes while poking at me feebly

they surrendered just as I was walking out of base figuring they'd all blue pilled to get me

RAR I'M HUNGRY

:D

unrelated to this, but related to Sampson's post

Just had a game where I, as fizz, made both their Ryze and their Twitch ragequit. Apparently Fizz needs a ridiculous nerf because his W right now out damages twitch's DOT like crazy. I had about a fourth of my health left and their twitch had about half. I retreated to the bushes after I killed their Ryze and he stealthed up to me. When he broke stealth I annihilated him with just my W and basic attacks. He ragequits right as he dies. So now I have like one tiny sliver of health and their Ryze is back. I hit him with a shark, dash in, get a few hits in, toss down ignite, pop on my trident, and when I land the damage finishes him off. Ryze ragequits.

So then it is just Poppy Lux and Talon versus Fizz, Garen, Brand, Malz and Singed. I don't know if we were all just fucking around or if they were stupidly good, but they kept beating us in team fights.

We ended up just rolling in with baron and wiping them though

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    And now with that maybe my caffeine and paper writing jitters will have worn off and I can sleep

hahaha i doubt it

• Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    eeSanG wrote:
    Sampsen wrote:

Teams that can peel for their farmed carry are teams that usually win.

I've never had an AD carry as good as this Caitlyn was. I could dutifully throw myself at the enemy and know that she would kill them. All of them, or at least most of them and then get away. If I had ad carries as good as her every game, I would never play anything but tanky initiators/disruptors.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    Just played a ranked game with Marnzor

Jelly?

qFN53.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    fizz needs grievous wounds removed from his w

thats all id do for now

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Went 5-2 in ranked games tonight, aaaaaaah yeah

qFN53.png
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote:
    Headline News:

AP Teemo defeats Kennen in mid

Read it and weep

i have literally no idea how this is possible
    For 1-5, Blinding Dart prevents use ofhis W on you and deals a healthy chunk of damage.

B Dart is super baller if you have AP and lots of people underestimate it.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    y they make u support bitch

so mean

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Clearly not support bitch, clearly Sona too manly to need damage items to get double kill.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    studio your videos fill me with raw unrelenting joy

• Options
    PuistokemistiPuistokemisti Registered User regular
    I have done it, I have finally reached my TRUE ELO.

danumba.png

I'm da numba uno, the king of Elo Heaven.

• Options
    Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    Finally gave ranked SR another shot. Broke 1600 without too much trouble, but it seems to be getting a bit tougher now. I hadn't played SR in a few weeks so it was a nice change of pace from Dominion.

As a solo laner, I'm really not enjoying the new jungle. It seems like ganks can come from anywhere at any time and there aren't really any 'safe' points where you can play aggressive and try to kill the other laner. Maybe its just been my games, but it feels like 90% of kills in the early game come from jungler ganks, which will kill you even if you've warded and are playing passive. The flash nerf means a lot of ganks will be successful kill you even if the person getting ganked is at full health and has summoners, since there's just no way to get away from red buff. Wards also aren't a lot of help against good junglers, since you would have to ward 2-3 spots to keep yourself even temporarily safe.

I really wish Riot would get it through their head that constant powerful jungle ganks kill any chance at 'aggressive' play for eight out of ten players on the map.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Squidget0 wrote:
    The flash nerf means a lot of ganks will be successful kill you even if the person getting ganked is at full health and has summoners, since there's just no way to get away from red buff.
    Isn't that precisely what the people championing a Flash nerf were asking for? Sometimes the LoL thread feels like reading the Sonic thread, one half asking for one thing, the other the opposite and everyone complaining that the developer hasn't implemented their idea.

• Options
    ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Ranked so far for me:

Taric, Sona, Soraka, Janna: 39-24
    Everyone Else: 12-20

Zoelef on
  • Options
    LefLef Registered User regular
    Squidget0 wrote:
    Finally gave ranked SR another shot. Broke 1600 without too much trouble, but it seems to be getting a bit tougher now. I hadn't played SR in a few weeks so it was a nice change of pace from Dominion.

As a solo laner, I'm really not enjoying the new jungle. It seems like ganks can come from anywhere at any time and there aren't really any 'safe' points where you can play aggressive and try to kill the other laner. Maybe its just been my games, but it feels like 90% of kills in the early game come from jungler ganks, which will kill you even if you've warded and are playing passive. The flash nerf means a lot of ganks will be successful kill you even if the person getting ganked is at full health and has summoners, since there's just no way to get away from red buff. Wards also aren't a lot of help against good junglers, since you would have to ward 2-3 spots to keep yourself even temporarily safe.I really wish Riot would get it through their head that constant powerful jungle ganks kill any chance at 'aggressive' play for eight out of ten players on the map.

This is the real reason that 0 cs support will never go away. You need someone continually warding multiple locations. That person is pending a huge amount on wards to make the lane safe, not on items to increase stats or otherwise be stronger. Since that player is essetially crippling themselves to gain map control, they can't really afford to be taking cs away from someone that will be aiming for that massive damage.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I just went through Studio's videos again.

I watched him killing Westrice and Dan Dinh and co. It was pretty cool.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote:
    Jarvan/Leona

Still so fucking good

Replay: http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/28368/

This lane still did relatively well against us, actually (don't play Jarvan that often, don't have his power level entirely internalized)

Screenshot:
    201112050009Win.jpg

Ezreal versus that Riven was fucking annoying, but I'm glad we won it FUCK THE META YAAAA.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    Glal wrote:
    Squidget0 wrote:
    The flash nerf means a lot of ganks will be successful kill you even if the person getting ganked is at full health and has summoners, since there's just no way to get away from red buff.
    Isn't that precisely what the people championing a Flash nerf were asking for? Sometimes the LoL thread feels like reading the Sonic thread, one half asking for one thing, the other the opposite and everyone complaining that the developer hasn't implemented their idea.

I agree, a lot of people did ask for this, and it's a stupid thing to ask for. There's this crazy idea that jungle ganks have a right to success and that being in XP range of the creeps is "overextended." A jungle gank should only kill you if you screw up - otherwise, the laning phase becomes eight targets and two players.

Prior to the Flash nerf, you could play aggressively in lane when your Flash was up and count on it to save you if the jungler decided to gank. Now I'm regularly in situations (as a melee top lane against someone with CC, for example) where the only way I can not die to ganks is to full-zone myself from XP. That's just stupid.

0-CS support is related, but it's a different issue. The real problem is that there's only enough farm on the map for four people, so you make the fifth person into the GP5/ward bitch. That's not much help in top lane though.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Kay wrote:

nothing beats the glory that is Farm Minion Ezreal pro guide

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Naphtali wrote:
    Kay wrote:

nothing beats the glory that is Farm Minion Ezreal pro guide

My best Ezreal moment was fluffing an ult after an Arcane Shift, sending it in completely the wrong direction.

It killed their jungler while he was soloing dragon.

It also got dragon, too.

That's farming a minion, right?

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Squidget0 wrote:
    Glal wrote:
    Squidget0 wrote:
    I agree, a lot of people did ask for this, and it's a stupid thing to ask for. There's this crazy idea that jungle ganks have a right to success and that being in XP range of the creeps is "overextended." A jungle gank should only kill you if you screw up - otherwise, the laning phase becomes eight targets and two players.

Prior to the Flash nerf, you could play aggressively in lane when your Flash was up and count on it to save you if the jungler decided to gank. Now I'm regularly in situations (as a melee top lane against someone with CC, for example) where the only way I can not die to ganks is to full-zone myself from XP. That's just stupid.

0-CS support is related, but it's a different issue. The real problem is that there's only enough farm on the map for four people, so you make the fifth person into the GP5/ward bitch. That's not much help in top lane though.
    I suspect that the game in general is pretty well balanced (specific champs aside), people just get tunnel vision over very specific areas and don't foresee how a change in one place will be a change in 10 places. Or refuse to see, because if Riot implements their change and it makes things worse it's not their ass on the line.

• Options
    New meta - only solo-tops with blinks/dash moves to get a little extra flash distance to avoid jungle ganks.

Really, does the flash nerf make THAT much difference? I thought a tiny fraction of the range had been chopped off. Like, a tile and a half on the fountain's worth.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    it's an issue for breaking certain leashes like morgana ult or nocturne fear

• Options
    I truly fear a Morgana jungler.

Actually, you could probably make that work. Maybe.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    I wasn't trying to imply that Morgana would be jungling, just something that the flash nerf affects