As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We don't actually build or mine anymore, we just play with cats all day. Minecraft!

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Maya, I'll come right out and say that ocean exploring was me. I was looking for a nice unexplored mountain area that I could rip apart and reform into a lotus shape within which I could build the Ivory Tower from the Neverending Story. I found it, and after getting distracted by a nearby jungle in which I built a palisaded base camp, I've been planning the build itself. The nearby swamp looked to be perfect for building a Morla.

Spent hours in single player creative making sure snow blocks wouldnt melt, and that I could get the circular round platforms at the top right without falling to my death. Wanting to have the plan firmly in mind and practice when I started an ambitious project that I hoped I would be able to share with the rest of you.

But you're right. Maybe multiplayer isnt for me. I didnt realize exploration bothered you so much. So feel free to delete the chunks I explored. I'll stick to single player from now on.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    Decomposey wrote: »
    Maya, I'll come right out and say that ocean exploring was me. I was looking for a nice unexplored mountain area that I could rip apart and reform into a lotus shape within which I could build the Ivory Tower from the Neverending Story. I found it, and after getting distracted by a nearby jungle in which I built a palisaded base camp, I've been planning the build itself. The nearby swamp looked to be perfect for building a Morla.

Spent hours in single player creative making sure snow blocks wouldnt melt, and that I could get the circular round platforms at the top right without falling to my death. Wanting to have the plan firmly in mind and practice when I started an ambitious project that I hoped I would be able to share with the rest of you.

But you're right. Maybe multiplayer isnt for me. I didnt realize exploration bothered you so much. So feel free to delete the chunks I explored. I'll stick to single player from now on.

Like I said earlier Decomposey, this isn't a problem and if this is how you enjoy playing then please feel free to do so.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

First of all, maya is not an admin and does not and can not dictate the way you want to play on the server. We also have no rules against exploring at all, meaning what you did was perfectly fine and if we were not ok with it then we would have made a rule against it.

Secondly, if you are doing something that is within the rules and someone else is getting mad at it, that it their problem not yours. Play the way you want to (within the rules) and let us worry about the people that get pissy about it.

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • Options
    FerretFerret Registered User regular
    There have been so many things getting blown out of proportion lately.

Remember 12/21/2012 when the doctor saved us all once again.
  • Options
    AkootAkoot Registered User regular
    I'd just like to say that I'm happy with everything and have no problems whatsoever.

:)

Also buy cake from my shop.

Thanks.

• Options
    TwixxoTwixxo the Lovebot Registered User regular
    All of you need to just stop with the hostile nonsense because I have no more PAX pictures to post and break it up D:

TNBNcdc.gif
  • Options
    FerretFerret Registered User regular
    Twixxo wrote: »
    All of you need to just stop with the hostile nonsense because I have no more PAX pictures to post and break it up D:

You can tell that finals are near

Remember 12/21/2012 when the doctor saved us all once again.
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    so, does the server have the increased height going on now?

• Options
    redfenix wrote: »
    so, does the server have the increased height going on now?

Yup

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    sweet.
    i may have to utilize that somehow

• Options
    JpsCrazyJpsCrazy Registered User regular
    redfenix wrote: »
    sweet.
    i may have to utilize that somehow

I'm going to make a obsidian ceiling over my town, blacking it out from light and weather.
    (Simpsons did it, mostly.)

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    ultimakay wrote: »

First of all, maya is not an admin and does not and can not dictate the way you want to play on the server. We also have no rules against exploring at all, meaning what you did was perfectly fine and if we were not ok with it then we would have made a rule against it.

Secondly, if you are doing something that is within the rules and someone else is getting mad at it, that it their problem not yours. Play the way you want to (within the rules) and let us worry about the people that get pissy about it.

See: sarukun pitching a fit about a giant sun blocker in the sky, circa 3 or 4 threads ago.

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »

See: sarukun pitching a fit about a giant sun blocker in the sky, circa 3 or 4 threads ago.

I shall now build a bedrock ceiling at 170 over the entire map.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

I shall now build a bedrock ceiling at 170 over the entire map.

>_O

=P

Those "srs bsnss" days are behind me

until the next minor inconvenience upends my entire life.

• Options

Not gonna lie, that came to mind when I made that post.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Due to some drama stuff that mucks up the thread from time to time and to help potentially cut that down, if you have a complaint or gripe with something that is within the rules please PM us first! It might not be readily apparent why we do things a certain way from a players perspective and we can provide incite into that without making a big deal about it in the thread.

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • Options
    JpsCrazyJpsCrazy Registered User regular
    ...I just want to assure everyone I have no real intention to build a ceiling over my town.

I would also argue I'm a new member of the server, and haven't been keeping up with any thread besides this one. (Hopefully I'll stick around this time! I hope you all like me as much as I like you<3)

• Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    Carrington, I already called the bedrock ceiling. We're going to put it up there and then generate an entire new world on top of it. We're calling it Upperurf. The poor Lowerurf dwellers will be able to build towers up to the imposing ceiling and, if they press the ears up against the bedrock, hear the distant sounds of people enjoying the sunshine.

Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    introp wrote: »
    Carrington, I already called the bedrock ceiling. We're going to put it up there and then generate an entire new world on top of it. We're calling it Upperurf. The poor Lowerurf dwellers will be able to build towers up to the imposing ceiling and, if they press the ears up against the bedrock, hear the distant sounds of people enjoying the sunshine.

Fine, but I refuse to relinquish rights to pouring lava onto people from strategic holes in the ceiling.

• Options
    dargondarkfiredargondarkfire wyomingRegistered User regular

Fine, but I refuse to relinquish rights to pouring lava onto people from strategic holes in the ceiling.

leave one hole for me, so that i may climb up and begin laying the dirt for the new over world ontop the bedrock.

• Options
    eldercoreeldercore Registered User regular
    will this bedrock ceiling reflect the Quickening?

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    oh jeez oh man

I got into a pub game in silver

and someone says "we should all go Krogan"

so it was three sentinels and a vanguard

we obliterated the reapers in like thirteen minutes

the same guy comes back on his mic and says

"really gives you a new perspective on the Krogan rebellion"

next game we three-manned up to level six in gold, short one of our sentinels

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

I thought that was Twixxo's schtick.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    oh jeez oh man

I think you're in the wrong thread :P

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    oh jeez oh man

I think you're in the wrong thread :P

so THAT'S where this post went!

I could not for the life of me figure out why it didn't show up!

• Options
    Ahahaha, it happens

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ChokeOnGlitterChokeOnGlitter Amazing San DiegoRegistered User regular
    JpsCrazy wrote: »
    doktorjake wrote: »
    McMasta wrote: »
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Hear Ye! Hear Ye!
    Miners of Newluf be prepared to enter test your skills in the next mining competition! The rules are simple, the task is a measure of your skill and resourcefulness! Starting with nothing, the first Miner to successfully mine and bring back a 5 diamonds to the starting chest WINS!
    Prizes to be given out to the top 3 finishers!

1st place: 1 diamond block, 1 lvl 50 enchanted diamond pick, 1 lvl 50 enchanted shovel.

2nd place: 1 lvl 50 enchanted diamond pickaxe, 1 lvl 50 enchanted diamond shovel.

3rd place: 1 diamond pickaxe, 1 diamond shovel.

Participants keep all resources mined during the event
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

This event is going to happen, we just have to pick a date where a majority of interested people can log on to participate!

We were thinking this coming Thursday (Apr. 12) evening (8PM EST).

Who all is interested?
    Who would be able to come at this time?
    Who wants free gear + whatever you end up mining anyway??

=D

I'm definitely going to be there.

Also: Is anyone allowed to kill Twixxo as a random prize for the eggs? :D

:( don't kill twixxooooo.....also...DANGIT it's too early int he day for me :(
    I got excited cause it was perfect but hten I saw EST lol

• Options
    oh jeez oh man

i only understood a few parts of this. krogan, krogan rebelion, reapers.

• Options
    Hey guys, just to let y'all know: don't build portals really fucking high. I did and it broke things so build them below the old height limit (128 I think?)

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »
    Hey guys, just to let y'all know: don't build portals really fucking high. I did and it broke things so build them below the old height limit (128 I think?)

This ought to be fixed when we migrate the server to 1.2.5.

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Prepare for the morlocks to quaff fire resist potions and swim up through those lava holes and plunder the green lands above!

...that sounds totally metal, we should do it!

Dis' on
  • Options
    apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    ....we?

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I think pax kills my computer components after I get back. Last year it was a GPU dying due to overheating and this year my 15 yr old CRT monitor dies, it has to be a curse.

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • Options
    greygrey Registered User regular
    The only possible solution is to stop going to PAX. Send me in your stead.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    there was an invasion last night, first time I've been around for one :D was fun

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Did anyone grab a knockback 2 fire aspect 2 diamond sword from yesterday's invasion? It's not a big deal, but it took me a lot of swords to get fire aspect and I'd like to have it back if possible.

E: I am a dummy. It was a sharpness IV sword.

psyck0 on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I think pax kills my computer components after I get back. Last year it was a GPU dying due to overheating and this year my 15 yr old CRT monitor dies, it has to be a curse.

or buy some new gear. its a 15 year old monitor, im amazed it lasted that long, most ive seen go bad after 7 years.

• Options
    SinterSinter Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I just caught this moment randomly: everyone was lining up for a photo so I figured I'd take a screenshot.
    i.imgur.com/xnZUo.jpg

Sinter on
  • Options
    Gennenalyse RuebenGennenalyse Rueben The Prettiest Boy is Ridiculously Pretty Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I actually won a competition! That whole thing was really fun, I'm glad I decided to attend it.

EDIT: Here's a screenshot I took. The, uh, ONLY screenshot I thought to take. I am so bad at remembering to take them.

Gennenalyse Rueben on
This discussion has been closed.