As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We don't actually build or mine anymore, we just play with cats all day. Minecraft!

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    Yes it is down and yes it is being worked on, be patient.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    http://imgur.com/on91j

fixitfixitfixit

using HD texture pack mod and rei's minimap

EDIT: Changing the graphics to their lowest settings didn't really help. Changing the graphics from fancy to fast though made the blocks all solid.

nuka on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    ultimakay wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »

See: sarukun pitching a fit about a giant sun blocker in the sky, circa 3 or 4 threads ago.

Not gonna lie, that came to mind when I made that post.

I can hardly blame you.

• Options
    ultimakay wrote: »
    I think pax kills my computer components after I get back. Last year it was a GPU dying due to overheating and this year my 15 yr old CRT monitor dies, it has to be a curse.

Sounds more like a blessing in disguise.

You can get a pretty kick ass monitor off NewEgg for like 100 bucks with approximately zero hassle; if you're down to spend a little extra, 250 can get you what is basically a widescreen sentient rainbow trapped in glass powered by the miracle of friendship.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    nuka wrote: »

fixitfixitfixit

EDIT: Changing the graphics to their lowest settings didn't really help. Changing the graphics from fancy to fast though made the blocks all solid.
    Merciful heavens, I hope that this hasn't happened to my graphics too.

Everything looks good.

Uh, did they change the sound rain makes? Sounds way more... rainy... than I remember.

sarukun on
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

fixitfixitfixit

I would try getting a clean .jar and adding the mods back one by one seeing if any of them are causing that.

Or it could be the graphics card derping.

Aeyther on
  • Options
    Aeyther wrote: »

fixitfixitfixit

I would try getting a clean .jar and adding the mods back one by one seeing if any of them are cause that.

If it is my graphics card, it only has issues with this game. I actually deleted my entire .minecraft folder and I still have it.

• Options

fixitfixitfixit

I would try getting a clean .jar and adding the mods back one by one seeing if any of them are cause that.

If it is my graphics card, it only has issues with this game. I actually deleted my entire .minecraft folder and I still have it.

What graphics card do you have? Google turned up some AMD drivers not getting along with Minecraft and causing issues.

• Options
    McMastaMcMasta ProvoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Thanks again to everyone who came out to the Mining event, and Congrats to our winners!
    580446_10150821260827193_683602192_11691989_1950587995_n.jpg
    First place went to GennaRueben, who walked away with
    - 20 diamond
    - Unbreaking III/Looting III Diamond Pickaxe,
    - Silktouch/Unbreaking III diamond shovel.

Second place was ApricotMuffins, our friendly admin from the UK, who came out with :
    - 11 diamond
    - An Unbreaking III/Efficiency V/Silk Touch Diamond pickaxe
    - A Efficiency IV Unbreaking III Fortune III Diamond shovel.

Third place went to BahamutZero who pocketed:
    - 10 diamond
    - unenchanted diamond shovel
    - unenchanted diamond pickaxe.

It was a blast to host, and I'm happy you guys had fun with it! This was the first of the mining events we have planned, we have some ideas that will challenge you beyond just finding diamond. So brush up on those mining skills and read up on techniques to mine harder, better, faster, stronger!
    301753_10150821261097193_683602192_11691992_776874830_n.jpg
    582143_10150821261362193_683602192_11691995_179006862_n.jpg

McMasta on
  • Options

fixitfixitfixit

What graphics card do you have? Google turned up some AMD drivers not getting along with Minecraft and causing issues.
    ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT. Yayyyy.

• Options
    ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT. Yayyyy.

There's a post on the minecraft forums that has a similar problem here.

I would definitely check for driver updates for your graphics card with this. If there are no new updates, reinstalling the drivers would be my second option. Your system could also be overheating, make sure that there is enough airflow.

• Options
    SopaSopa Yes I am a dinosaur, and yes I play videogames. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    McMasta wrote: »
    Thanks again to everyone who came out to the Mining event, and Congrats to our winners!
    301753_10150821261097193_683602192_11691992_776874830_n.jpg
    Cobblestone bukkake.

Sopa on
    jrrClpr.gif
  • Options
    JpsCrazyJpsCrazy Registered User regular
    I was too busy attended a gay club watching a zombie drag show to attend the mining competition. *Sigh*

• Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    Because apparently it is necessary, I have appended the following rule on the wiki. Please make note:
    Please try to remember that we have a broad spectrum of player ages and tastes, and self-censor appropriately. We're not asking you to be G-Rated, but being somewhere below NC-17 is required. As a corrolary, talking crudely about sensitive subjects is best avoided.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    Because apparently it is necessary, I have appended the following rule on the wiki. Please make note:
    Please try to remember that we have a broad spectrum of player ages and tastes, and self-censor appropriately. We're not asking you to be G-Rated, but being somewhere below NC-17 is required. As a corrolary, talking crudely about sensitive subjects is best avoided.

Note to self: Stop chatting altogether due to a lack of self control.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    JpsCrazy wrote: »

Note to self: Stop chatting altogether due to a lack of self control.

Ahaha, pretty much the same here

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Look it's just getting extensive. We've had to ask someone 3 times to tone it down. The vast majority of you are fine.

• Options
    SopaSopa Yes I am a dinosaur, and yes I play videogames. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I've deciphered your message.
    NO ANIMES ALLOWED

Sopa on
    jrrClpr.gif
  • Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Announcement!

The server needs more donations, without them we wouldn't be able to keep the server running in its current form. Any amount donated helps us cover costs, and would be greatly appreciated. We do not take any of the money donated, it goes entirely to the server invoice for the next month. Donating does not confer any special privileges, breaking the rules will still get you banned ect. You can find a link to the paypal account in my sig, as well as on the wiki donations page

edit: Oh and as always you will have my undying gratitude and thanks!

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • Options
    HaleskarthHaleskarth Registered User regular
    Consider a more nuanced approach, where you say things like "Donating DEFINITELY confers special priveleges, you are a BETTER human being for donating."

• Options
    LaikkaLaikka Hungry like the Wolf Jonesboro, ARRegistered User regular
    I apologize for my shameless conversations. I know not everyone wants to hear half the things that come from my keyboard.

"I must warn you, getting what you want and being happy are two quite different things."
    b4g779.gif
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I was too busy attended a gay club watching a zombie drag show to attend the mining competition. *Sigh*

you make this sound like it was not a good use of your time

I do not understand

• Options
    JoshuakingJoshuaking Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »

I do not understand

Where you watching Miss Sharon Needles?

• Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    The Creaster Chicken has been seen packing up her stuff. Get yo eggs now while you cannn.

Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    MrMonroe wrote: »

I do not understand

It was quite the opposite! I had a great time, and goddamn, zombie drag queens are entertaining. Although the club scene just ain't for me, but I assumed that before I went.
    I just keep missing events of all sorts on the server, including invasions. Poor me.

• Options
    ChokeOnGlitterChokeOnGlitter Amazing San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Invasion 2 nights in a row. :D so amazing!!!

<333333

I feel so warm and fuzzy I donated my coffee money to the server.

Mmmmm......Invasions.

• Options
    Invasion 2 nights in a row. :D so amazing!!!

<333333

I feel so warm and fuzzy I donated my coffee money to the server.

Mmmmm......Invasions.

This is what I mean. D: Drunk town needs to happen so I can drink AND play Minecraft rather than one or the other. (Well, not that I can't, just I generally end up drinking with real people. Meaning you all aren't real. Except for Twixxo.)

• Options
    ooh, that's a good idea, I should maybe drink that beer I bought yesterday.

• Options
    DreadprophetDreadprophet Registered User regular
    server wont let me log on, keeps saying bad login?

• Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    server wont let me log on, keeps saying bad login?

Have you restarted the client? Happens to me occasionally and a restart tends to fix things.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Since we have people new since the last map where this became a de facto rule, and someone ran across it, it is now a de jure rule: no water in the Nether. This means no ice blocks in the Nether.

introp on
    Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    It is now impossible to place or melt ice in the nether, just so everyone knows and doesn't try to buy ice in spite of introp's post above.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    doktorjakedoktorjake Registered User regular
    It is now impossible to place or melt ice in the nether, just so everyone knows and doesn't try to buy ice in spite of introp's post above.

wasn't this the only thing from keeping us from being able to silktouch ice? If its not *possible* to place ice in the nether, can we get silktouching ice back pl0x?

• Options
    apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    Alas, that's not up to us as it's removed from the base game. They could be less lazy and make it so ice vaporizes in the nether but nooo

• Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    That sucks. Basically makes it realistically impossible and pointless to have reasonable nether bases. Not only can't you actually sleep there, but you can't even brew there. Fast losing interest in this server. I don't even see the point to it. I understand not wanting buckets to make it super easy to obsidian over lakes, but now we can't have water features just for decoration or to get water bottles from. Really lame.

psyck0 on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    You can brew in the nether, just bring cauldrons and fill them with water from buckets brought in from outside.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    Getting 3 water bottles/cauldron is so ridiculously inefficient as to be worthless.

Brewing in the nether was the only reason to have a nether base that was anything more than a chest in a cobble cube. Now there's no point to even going there except for glowstone and idling while netherwart grows. The entire world might as well not exist for all the use that it is.

Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well I guess just don't go there except for the aforementioned netherwart and glowstone? I don't see what the problem is.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    If not having water in the nether causes you to lose so much interest in the server, something that isn't even allowed in vanilla minecraft, that you seriously consider leaving, well then don't let me stop you.

• Options
    God, survival minecraft is so stupid! PREORDER CANCELLED!

This discussion has been closed.