Options

Go find the new [STEAM] thread

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Just got the spelling of my own name wrong in the "signature" part of a gift.
    It's going to be a very long day I think.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote:
    I don't suppose I can just plug a 360 controller into my USB port and have it work... can I?

That's always been my understanding (though I use a PS3 controller, so don't have first-hand knowledge).

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    RhileyRhiley Registered User regular
    Someone got upset with The Old Republic not working with the steam overlay and time tracking and wrote a little script to fix it. He posted the script over at The Old Republic forums if anyone wants to keep in contact with your Steam friends while having all of your time stolen by SWTOR.

2013 Prime Omeganaut
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    @SoundsPlush was classy enough to trade me his copy of Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light for my -25% Bethesda coupon. I tip my hat to you, good sir! :D

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I don't suppose I can just plug a 360 controller into my USB port and have it work... can I?

This is in fact how it works.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Lord Yod wrote:
    Taramoor wrote: »

This is in fact how it works.

Assuming it's a wired controller. If it's wireless, the cable only carries power, not data, so that won't work.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    cckerberos wrote:
    Taramoor wrote:

That's always been my understanding (though I use a PS3 controller, so don't have first-hand knowledge).

With wired 360 controllers you can. With the wireless ones you have to buy a dongle that MS no longer makes/sells because the cable is just for charging.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Mangaroo wrote:
    Haha thanks Tofystedeth but think I will try life without it for now, thanks though.
    Welp, it's good till March 1 if you ever succumb.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    cckerberos wrote:
    Taramoor wrote:

With wired 360 controllers you can. With the wireless ones you have to buy a dongle that MS no longer makes/sells because the cable is just for charging.

They no longer make the individual dongles, but best buy does sell a wireless controller+dongle pack still.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Thank you @Ashe! Serious Sam Double D looks pretty awesome, I've never played any of them before but I grabbed up the older ones too, looking forward to giving them a go.

Fig-D wrote:
    Looking at the list, I *think* know what the criteria are.

If I'm right, I would not be eligible to enter at this time.

Incorrect. I think it's highly unlikely that anyone would be ineligible.

is the way to enter to guess what the criteria is

BOOM IF I GET IN NOW YOU KNOW

No, but I encourage people to try to figure it out. If you know what [redacted] is, and you use that to get yourself a dozen or more entries, I think that's perfectly fair and a just reward for figuring it out. The requirements are subjective, so don't be surprised if you think they're a little inconsistent.

• Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    You know what's been bugging the shit out of me? It's not Steam related, but it IS digital distribution. Specifically, Origin. I'm serving overseas so I have an overseas IP, but I've been trying to buy the new Star Wars game. The problem is that with my foreign IP I can only download the foreign version of Origin, which a) I have no idea how to read and b) charges euros which is a huge markup. So I sent an e-mail to customer service explaining this and asked if there was some sort of U.S. executable or link I could get to download a version of Origin that charges US currency and that I can read. They came back and basically told me to suck up the price fucking and find someone that can read Origin for me. At first I was just like fine whatever I don't need to buy EA games, but then I started thinking about it and I couldn't help but think "Hold on, one of their biggest sellers, and the game they practically launched Origin on, Battlefield 3, is entirely about the military, so they're making fucking bank off of the military, but then when they actually deal with military people they tell them to go fuck off?"

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote:
    I hope the new EDF gets a daily if it doesn't I'll get it by the end of the sale but still just 25% the whole sale so far.
    Not going to happen, they already said that the discount that they launched it at along with the lowered price for PC is significant enough from the console version that it won't be a daily deal.
    Corpekata wrote:
    Corpekata wrote:
    If you haven't bought Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light + the Kain and Raziel pack yet, I suggest you watch this ridiculous video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpe1FPqD6Y4&feature=related

Kinda spoiler warning in that the first 10 seconds or so wrap up the main plot of the Lara Croft story, though it's a pretty basic story, skip 15 seconds ahead if you're spoiler sensitive.

I, uhh.. what-what is that? I wait a thousand years for another Legacy of Kain game and we get this!? ;P

Well, it's actually a better game than a handful of the Blood Omens, so there's that.
    So is this just a skin/voice pack or actually a new campaign for the game?

Also, just crafted 2 Orange Boxes in a row.. great.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote:
    I hope the new EDF gets a daily if it doesn't I'll get it by the end of the sale but still just 25% the whole sale so far.
    Not going to happen, they already said that the discount that they launched it at along with the lowered price for PC is significant enough from the console version that it won't be a daily deal.
    Corpekata wrote:
    Corpekata wrote:
    If you haven't bought Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light + the Kain and Raziel pack yet, I suggest you watch this ridiculous video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpe1FPqD6Y4&feature=related

Kinda spoiler warning in that the first 10 seconds or so wrap up the main plot of the Lara Croft story, though it's a pretty basic story, skip 15 seconds ahead if you're spoiler sensitive.

I, uhh.. what-what is that? I wait a thousand years for another Legacy of Kain game and we get this!? ;P

Well, it's actually a better game than a handful of the Blood Omens, so there's that.
    So is this just a skin/voice pack or actually a new campaign for the game?

Also, just crafted 2 Orange Boxes in a row.. great.

It's the former. I haven't played through it myself, but I do appreciate the way they creatively used the recorded dialogue from the Soul Reaver games throughout the campaign.

The base game also comes with a Kane & Lynch pack:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdmvx_WEeCk

• Options
    edited December 2011
    darklite_x wrote:
    You know what's been bugging the shit out of me? It's not Steam related, but it IS digital distribution. Specifically, Origin. I'm serving overseas so I have an overseas IP, but I've been trying to buy the new Star Wars game. The problem is that with my foreign IP I can only download the foreign version of Origin, which a) I have no idea how to read and b) charges euros which is a huge markup. So I sent an e-mail to customer service explaining this and asked if there was some sort of U.S. executable or link I could get to download a version of Origin that charges US currency and that I can read. They came back and basically told me to suck up the price fucking and find someone that can read Origin for me. At first I was just like fine whatever I don't need to buy EA games, but then I started thinking about it and I couldn't help but think "Hold on, one of their biggest sellers, and the game they practically launched Origin on, Battlefield 3, is entirely about the military, so they're making fucking bank off of the military, but then when they actually deal with military people they tell them to go fuck off?"

All you most likely need is a US-based VPN (I used Hostizzle+OpenVPN when I was in Japan to use Steam). You'll need a credit card linked to an American address, but I imagine that's not a problem for you.

cckerberos on
    cckerberos.png
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Rhiley wrote:
    Someone got upset with The Old Republic not working with the steam overlay and time tracking and wrote a little script to fix it. He posted the script over at The Old Republic forums if anyone wants to keep in contact with your Steam friends while having all of your time stolen by SWTOR.
    Yeah, I think The Old Republic runs in admin mode which is kinda stupid; People will get tired of NotJohn Williams and will want to listen to there own tunes and that kinda makes it inconvenient to do so (no global hotkeys.)

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    darklite_x wrote:

Well, as someone who isn't a US/Euro citizen, I can say that EA is one of, if not THE worst offender with regards to regional pricing and DLC stuff. Stuff like never reducing base prices over here, bullshit Bioware points that never have a discount (and make you spend more than you really need) leaves me with a very very bad impression with them. Which is a real shame really, since they make some pretty good franchises - Battlefield, Mass Effect.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Big Isy wrote:
    Fuuuuck.

How am I going to wage war on Kania and Dionysia when @Tef is dropping Serious Sam 3 BFE bombs on me?!

Tef = so, so classy

I just woke up, literally just now. Picked up my phone and checked my emails. @Tef has only gone and classified up my Wishlist by removing the number one game from it; Dead Riding 2 Off The Record! He's like a classy ninja, a clinja!

Is that the zombie DLC for Secret of the Magic Crystals?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Slimcea wrote:
    Well, as someone who isn't a US/Euro citizen, I can say that EA is one of, if not THE worst offender with regards to regional pricing and DLC stuff. Stuff like never reducing base prices over here, bullshit Bioware points that never have a discount (and make you spend more than you really need) leaves me with a very very bad impression with them. Which is a real
    shame really, since they make some pretty good franchises - Battlefield, Mass Effect.

Where are you? In Japan, a lot of their titles weren't available at all.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    DanWeinoDanWeino Registered User regular
    Had some fun with dudes last night playing payday. Shame my game shat up and booted me. Apparently we got away tho, so it's all good.

Solar 2 is fun, i recommend it to anyone wanting an osmos type game. Just wish there was a pause growth feature. I'd like to wreck stuff as a giant star for a bit. I know i could just not absorb stuff, or be better at managing which bits are absorbing other bits.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    Iolo wrote:
    Big Isy wrote:
    Fuuuuck.

How am I going to wage war on Kania and Dionysia when @Tef is dropping Serious Sam 3 BFE bombs on me?!

Tef = so, so classy

I just woke up, literally just now. Picked up my phone and checked my emails. @Tef has only gone and classified up my Wishlist by removing the number one game from it; Dead Riding 2 Off The Record! He's like a classy ninja, a clinja!

Is that the zombie DLC for Secret of the Magic Crystals?

Now I want to see such a thing exist

B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Now I want Red Dead Redemption :(

• Options
    cckerberos wrote:
    Slimcea wrote:
    Well, as someone who isn't a US/Euro citizen, I can say that EA is one of, if not THE worst offender with regards to regional pricing and DLC stuff. Stuff like never reducing base prices over here, bullshit Bioware points that never have a discount (and make you spend more than you really need) leaves me with a very very bad impression with them. Which is a real
    shame really, since they make some pretty good franchises - Battlefield, Mass Effect.

Where are you? In Japan, a lot of their titles weren't available at all.

Singapore actually. We get US prices on nearly everything except EA stuff, so I guess in that aspect we're still better off than our Aussie neighbours down south :D

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Oh sure @Slimcea, rub it in :P

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    Slimcea wrote:
    Singapore actually. We get US prices on nearly everything except EA stuff, so I guess in that aspect we're still better off than our Aussie neighbours down south :D

Nice. Singapore was my major source for PS3 imports at the time since the prices were reasonable, the games were in English, and it was much closer than the US.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    cckerberos wrote:
    darklite_x wrote:

All you most likely need is a US-based VPN (I used Hostizzle+OpenVPN when I was in Japan to use Steam). You'll need a credit card linked to an American address, but I imagine that's not a problem for you.

I e-mailed steam and told them I was serving in Japan and they made my account permanently American, no matter what IP i was using. I've been all over the place and my steam access is never blocked.

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    either,oreither,or Registered User regular
    oh damn it I just sent out a gift with a lazy comment attached because I couldn't think of anything to write so @SmokeStacks disregard the gift message...

It's the game you need, not the game you deserve.

There, that's slightly less lazy (and slightly more relevant).

steam_sig.png
    3DS friend code: 4811-7214-5053
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    either,or is the dark knight :P

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    So Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Deluxe edition worth it or not?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Newnew008Newnew008 Registered User regular
    Slimcea wrote:

In my opinion it's the best Assassin's Creed, and I see no reason not to get the deluxe edition instead of the regular since it's only $3 more. Unless, you really want that $3.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    darklite_x wrote: »

With EA you need to actually call them on the phone, all their online customer service is handled by call centers in India staffed by people who are worse than useless, if you call them up you'll get a call center in the U.S. and hopefully get someone who can help you out. Just tell them you're an american serving overseas and you should be fine.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Newnew008 wrote:
    Slimcea wrote:

In my opinion it's the best Assassin's Creed, and I see no reason not to get the deluxe edition instead of the regular since it's only $3 more. Unless, you really want that $3.

I had the regular version and just picked up the deluxe upgrade thing.

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    like any red blooded male I do love me some double D's so imagine my surprise when I opened my email today :) thanks @Ashe for Serious Sam Double D!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I just bought my son the complete pack of PopCap games. Oh god, what have I done?!

Fake edit: And @Nailbunny has gifted unto me the pleasures of the Orange Box (please don't make fun of me for not having it before...). Thanks for the class, Nailbunny!!!!!!!!

XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    So I'm debating on AssBro.. I just finished Ass2 and want AssBro but wondering if there might be a better sale later on? The reason is, I have so many games competing for my time that I may not get to AssBro in a timely manner so, if another sale later on happens that would be fine by me. Just curious on peoples thoughts on the matter of AssBro!

p.s. I didn't use AssBro enough, so AssBro!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote:
    So I'm debating on AssBro.. I just finished Ass2 and want AssBro but wondering if there might be a better sale later on? The reason is, I have so many games competing for my time that I may not get to AssBro in a timely manner so, if another sale later on happens that would be fine by me. Just curious on peoples thoughts on the matter of AssBro!

p.s. I didn't use AssBro enough, so AssBro!

Same here... $13 is a bit over my budget, plus I just don't think I'll get to it for a while as well...... AssBro.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Dear VALVe, I propose you I new achievement for the next Steam event: Install DirectX over 50 times in your system. By the end of the event 99% of the participants will have it unlocked.

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    PluffPluff BrazilRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Rusty Hearts is a game about patching?

It has been patching like... forever!
    And now it changed the patching screen to another patching screen.

Pluff on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote:
    like any red blooded male I do love me some double D's so imagine my surprise when I opened my email today :) thanks @Ashe for Serious Sam Double D!

oh wow this game is awesome! the gun stacker is so much fun

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote:
    rikdaly wrote:

oh wow this game is awesome! the gun stacker is so much fun

I only got up to the part shortly after the jump pad, but I have to agree.

The game is pretty awesome. Though I've almost screwed myself once or twice by quicksaving with literally one health left.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Pluff wrote:
    Rusty Hearts is a game about patching?

It has been patching like... forever!
    And now it changed the patching screen to another patching screen.
    Standard Asian game development. The game is actually surprisingly fun (requires gamepad to enjoy)