As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Skyrim thread for adventurers who don't think jokes get funnier the more you tell them

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I remember people talking about a massive underground city you have to go through a dungeon to get to which had several entrances across the map

I've seen a few dweemer ruins filled with falmer and chaurus but nowhere that there are actual people to talk to

was I misunderstanding this or is this something I've just not found yet?

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    just something you've not found yet

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    well give me a hint, then

is there a quest that will lead me to it?

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    the main one, I think

• Options
    I didn't know if you wanted a hint
    the main quest will do it

or search the icebergs north of the mage's college

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Main Quest:
    You get to Blackreach by following the main quest or by clearing a few specific Dwemer ruins. Mzinchaleft is one for sure.

• Options
    ok ok, I'll do the main quest, shut up and don't tell me anything else

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I just installed that Realistic Lighting mod, and

my goodness.

It's crazy how much more enjoyable it makes dungeon delving.

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    All this time I have seen you people talking behind spoiler tags about the Dark Brotherhood and now I can guess why. I am only halfway through but
    1. When I saw Cicero... my god. His was one of the first mini quests I did when I bumped into him outside of Whiterun in my first playthrough, some 80 hours ago. I was circumnavigating the city exploring the farms, and helped him out. His mother's remains talk seemed weird, and that box seemed suspiciously large even for a coffin, but no further info was forthcoming so I forgot about it. When I met him in the sanctuary, oh man it was just perfect.

2. Lucien! Good old Lucien LaChance. Nice to see him again. And he's got that rich, gravely voice still. He can be a bit chatty sometimes though; I'll just be chatting with the Jarl and he's all "Did you ever hear about the betrayal at Cheydanhall?" in the background.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Well today I finally got around to finishing the Companions questline (shut up I've been very busy with other stuff) and that was pretty gratifying. Not least because it finally let me indulge in my desire to decapitate oodles of ghosts.

(P.S. Conjuration still fun, Beetboot the Dunmer still a boss)

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    So I finally played long enough to become Thane of two separate holds, and I am absolutely shocked at how similar Iona looks to Lydia.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    really?

I mean

every blacksmith in the game has the same voice

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Yeah.

But you don't go dragging around your local blacksmith making them take blows for you.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Maybe I should diversify in my companion usage, because I've spent quite a bit of effort outfitting Lydia.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    every now and then I miss lydia

and then I slip on my ring that fortifies my carry weight by about 450 pounds

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    So this game patched for me on 360, but when I placed my weapon on a previously broken rack it was doing funny things like falling to the ground and losing its item status and I couldn't retrieve it without a reload. Has anyone else had these issues?

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    hey olivaw I like your avatar
    I should rewatch it sometime

It's on Netflix! And Youtube! And maybe Hulu!

There's no excuse not to

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I have a dog following me now? This quest is so damned wierd.

Is there a console way to force the aurora to trigger?

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Oh wonderful

I figured that because I was given the key to the Abandoned Shack, it was therefore mine and I could use it as a base. I put a bunch of shit in the chest, and now I come back 5 levels later to discover that no, I don't "own" it, and the chest has reset itself to empty. I had a bunch of shit in there including a couple of dragon priest masks!

Guess I'll just have to console them in.

• Options
    dude do you assume you own all things you have a key to

• Options
    I don't think it was an unreasonable assumption! It's got a bed, a chest. It's owned by the dark brotherhood and I thought they were giving it to me to operate out of.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    valuable things like Dragon Priest masks should probably be kept in your actual house

• Options
    marty_0001 wrote:
    I don't think it was an unreasonable assumption! It's got a bed, a chest. It's owned by the dark brotherhood and I thought they were giving it to me to operate out of.

it's called the abandoned shack

it is known for being abandoned
    to live there is to make it not the abandoned shack, yet it remains the abandoned shack, so clearly you do not nor will you ever live there

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Do what I did.

I bought the house in Solitude and I store all my gold, silver ingots, gold ingots, jewelry items, and jewels in the basement in a huge pile. Then in between adventures I swim around in them.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    hmm, i still only own breezehome
    i should make a scrooge mcduck basement in one of the other houses sometime

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    how do i use the mod manager to update mods? do i have to redownload them or is there an option to update

ah nevermind then i found it. have to update info on the mod and then it lets you choose

also yay i finally found settings to prevent my shadows from shimmering/flickering whenever i ran around

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    looks like someone's mad i'm a better thief than him
    62e5935a.jpg

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    There's nothing quite like seeing once terrifying Death Lords stuck on their back like overturned turtles thanks to your paralyze weapon

• Options
    thedude_frombaywatchthedude_frombaywatch Registered User regular
    Well today I finally got around to finishing the Companions questline (shut up I've been very busy with other stuff) and that was pretty gratifying.

Dont feel bad. I'm 110 hrs in and just found out about the companions. This whole time i've somehow ignored that side of Whiterun.

xbl tag: Dynamis King
    MineCraft: Menetherin
    Steam: Vloeza_SE++

• Options
    Anyone have Wars in Skyrim? How's the new version? I was thinking of downloading it to update but I hear a lot of problems. Is there a gender/race change mod?

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Well today I finally got around to finishing the Companions questline (shut up I've been very busy with other stuff) and that was pretty gratifying.

Dont feel bad. I'm 110 hrs in and just found out about the companions. This whole time i've somehow ignored that side of Whiterun.

I like Whiterun because it is the only town not exclusively or at least in majority owned and operated by huge douchenozzles.

Except for Nazeem.

First against the wall, that guy.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    if I had the PC version I would create a mod where killing nazeem would cause a random whiterun townsperson to send some thugs after you

carrying a bouquet of flowers and a thank-you note

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular

I like Whiterun because it is the only town not exclusively or at least in majority owned and operated by huge douchenozzles.

Except for Nazeem.

First against the wall, that guy.

Yeah, Whiterun is cool because the Jarl is cool with you

Solitude is kind of alright too

Everywhere else sucks

(Riften is prettiest though)

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Markarth is alright if you stay completely ignorant of most of the townspeople.

• Options
    Woo I finished the Dark Brotherhood quests, pretty happy with it!

I might as well do the Thieves Guild now but I'm not sure if I can be bothered. Maybe I'll just get cracking on collecting those dragon priest masks.

• Options
    StingeStinge Registered User regular
    marty_0001 wrote:

DB questline was my favorite so far.
    And you get a sweet(more or less) free house!

Going to finish the Companions and start on the Thieves guild. One of these days I'm going to have to make a shadow mark glossary on paper, I keep having to tab out and look it up when I see one....

• Options
    You're not playing skyrim on steam? If you shift tab there's a web browser there for ya

• Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    marty_0001 wrote:
    All this time I have seen you people talking behind spoiler tags about the Dark Brotherhood and now I can guess why. I am only halfway through but
    1. When I saw Cicero... my god. His was one of the first mini quests I did when I bumped into him outside of Whiterun in my first playthrough, some 80 hours ago. I was circumnavigating the city exploring the farms, and helped him out. His mother's remains talk seemed weird, and that box seemed suspiciously large even for a coffin, but no further info was forthcoming so I forgot about it. When I met him in the sanctuary, oh man it was just perfect.

2. Lucien! Good old Lucien LaChance. Nice to see him again. And he's got that rich, gravely voice still. He can be a bit chatty sometimes though; I'll just be chatting with the Jarl and he's all "Did you ever hear about the betrayal at Cheydanhall?" in the background.
    Haha yeah I like the references to the DB storyline from Oblivion. Agree that LaChance gets annoying with his constant talking, but his voice is super cool.

I still have a soft spot for the DB questline in Oblivion. Overall, I think I enjoyed it more than the one in Skyrim. But that was probably also because it was a complete novelty at the time... I already knew roughly what to expect in the Skyrim questline, minus a few plot twists. But even they were expected... it wouldn't be a DB questline without some treachery, after all.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    Sir PenguinSir Penguin Registered User regular
    Adam Adamowicz, the guy who made the art of Skyrim and Fallout 3, dies of lung cancer at 43

Bummer :(
    Skyrim is so beautiful, I don't even know how to put it into words.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Stinge wrote:
    marty_0001 wrote:

DB questline was my favorite so far.
    And you get a sweet(more or less) free house!
    Can you actually store stuff in the Dawnstar sanctuary? I'm scared to try it.

This discussion has been closed.