Options

[Call of Duty] BLOPS2 The Game With No Last Stand Or Dead Man's Hand

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Also; for all out speculation about the future of CoD: Elite, the Elite website has been upgraded, and shows a Blops 2 section, so it's going to be active in some way or another.

Edit: Normally I'd change that text so it isn't a smily face, but I think CoD: Elite is actually a good name for a shit service.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Yes, yes it is. Wonder what's going to be a part of it?

Also, I don't really see this lasting another year/game. Unless it REALLY takes off. I mean the thing was pretty shit-tacular from the get go.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    So, I played a few rounds of MW3 this morning in Merc, before jjae jumped online.

First game playing in forever was Mission Dom, I went 36-12 and fucked up and died right after getting my second reaper in one life, right before I could get my second pavelow. So, didn't seem too rusty.

Then was TDM on terminal, went 19-11 so whatev.

Third game, same lobby same people. (three of them had higher K/D than me, so it wasn't a room full of scrubs or anything) Kill Confirmed on Dome. I went 50-5 and got second on my team, and totally predatored my second pavelow out of the sky. The guy who got first went 66-17. The next game he was on the other team on Seatown Dom and I killed him with a striker 3 times and made him quit out, and he was host. So that's fun.

I played half a game of dropzone with 3-13 or so and turned my X-box off 'cause I was tired of quick scoping dick bags who can't play the objective and were immune to my bullets. I was grumpy the whole rest of the day.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Yes, yes it is. Wonder what's going to be a part of it?

Also, I don't really see this lasting another year/game. Unless it REALLY takes off. I mean the thing was pretty shit-tacular from the get go.

didnt elite make them just retarded amounts of money?

i wish they would just make it a season pass thing for the map packs and ditch elite and ditch the total clusterfuck that they made the dlc release schedule this last time around.

• Options
    It made them a lot of money because nobody knew it was going to suck as hard as it did. The big problem with elite was the weird DLC release schedule. I'd be perfectly fine if map packs were released in the four packs and we all get them at the same time, but I don't have to pay for each individual one. Kind of like how every other season pass in every other video game works.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Honestly. I'm not counting on people to not be dumb enough to buy into it again this year.

Sad thing is. All they had to do what, like you two said, give out a 50 or so dollar season pass and people still would have bought it without the map pack releases getting fucked over.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    Got to play a couple of games of Blops2 yesterday at Eurogamer Expo. Posted a full write-up on the site in my sig, but basically I was really impressed by it. Wasn't excited at all going in, but it was a hell of a lot of fun. I'm not planning on getting the equivalent of Elite again, but as for the game itself I'm definitely pre-ordering it now. If anyone's got any questions I can do my best to answer, although I'm not a COD expert by any means!

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Black Ops 2 achievement list.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/achievements/

Seems there is a few multiplayer ones this time.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Ah...they've put in MP achievement.

But I quite enjoyed having a 0 gamerscore for it all the time.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    http://callofduty.4players.de/index.php?page=Custom&pageID=157

Has this been posted? I'll just leave this here so you guys can practice or something.

So many combinations are going to create the hate, which I guess makes it "balanced".

Flak Jacket, Blind Eye, Hardwired, Scavenger, Awareness. Campin it up, inviting the Ghosts.

• Options
    Oh...that's actually cool.

• Options
    I refuse to participate in class creation until I have the game.

I played two games tonight with Brutle and Jordan tonight and the second was awfully laggy. Nothing like being behind cover and then lagging five feet to the left and being wide open for some douche laying prone to kill you. Although I did see Brutle lag like 20 feet backward so we could lose a point. I also got to spawn in front of an exploding flash bang and be blind until some guy killed me. Beyond that I did go positive with the MK14 and it's the first time I've done well with that gun. I think Borderlands 2 and the Jakobs' revolvers have taught me to just go to town on the trigger.

• Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Come on magell, speculation is fun!

From that class link, I'd definitely make something like this:

Silenced SMG, Ghost, CB, Scav, Dead Silence, Awareness, Sensor Grenades.

I know all.
    But as much as all the options make me happy, I think this is the critical mass of complexity. I love it all, but the average pub might be turned off by the crazy options.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    Whatever. Someone will discover the "best" build in a week and most will just copy that.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    It's pick 10, right?

Just let me pick 10 RPGs. That's all I need.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Whatever. Someone will discover the "best" build in a week and most will just copy that.

My most used BLOPS weapon was the HK21. The Enfield and Stakeout were in the top 5. The FAMAS was not.

I probably used Ghost less than anyone on this thread.

I give no fucks for what's 'the best'.

I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    Musicool wrote: »

My most used BLOPS weapon was the HK21. The Enfield and Stakeout were in the top 5. The FAMAS was not.

...Yeah. But you weren't talking about yourself.

You were talking about "average pubs".

• Options

Pistols

At

Dawn.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Pistols? Bullets are so mainstream. I'll be using the shield.

...Yeah. But you weren't talking about yourself.

You were talking about "average pubs".

Ah. I see now. I guess I didn't get my point across: I think the complexity will make pubs angry at what they see as "bullshit" which will mean "anything I don't understand or didn't predict from the many many MANY different options that this game allows other players to use". I mean, there has to be an upper limit to complexity before people just say 'fuck it' and move on to some easier casual gaming experience.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    Ah...I get you.

I don't know. I think that before getting frustrated most people will go "Man, that's cool. Maybe I should copy that."

• Options
    Ah...I get you.

I don't know. I think that before getting frustrated most people will go "Man, that's cool. Maybe I should copy that."

I'm pretty sure I get reported for cheating everytime I use a Marksman class.

Granted, Marksman is Wallhacks, but I shouldn't be getting reported for it.

• Options
    Meh. I get reported for shooting people in the face really good.

Hat8rs gonna h8.

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular

Hat8rs gonna h8.

I got reported for a aimbot once in BF3, it was that final killcam where I sens10 snapped to a dudes dome and popped him with the barrett.

Hatemail and tears have never tasted so delicious.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Black Ops 2 achievement list.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/achievements/

Seems there is a few multiplayer ones this time.

fuck, theres one for prestiging. i might have to break my streak of never prestiging this time around.

• Options
    fearsomepiratefearsomepirate I ate a pickle once. Registered User regular
    For people who hate people, like me, a ton of new info about bot modes has been released. Treyarch has also been forthcoming on Twitter as well. Here's the deal:

-Bots in everything except SnD
    -Bots in custom/offline games
    -Bootcamp: You earn multiplayer XP playing TDM with bots, three humans and three bots per side. Ends at level 10.
    -Objective: You earn XP at a 50% rate now, can play any objective mode (not SnD)
    -Bot Storm: 6 humans vs 6 bots, no XP earned (I am assuming everything is unlocked)

Here's an article about it:
    http://www.examiner.com/article/black-ops-2-new-game-modes-theater-mode-and-prestige-system-revealed

There's also a bunch of new info about Prestige (you don't lose your crap!), for people who insist on playing with other people:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/27/how-black-ops-2-handles-prestige-adds-levels-to-combat-traini/

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood...nobody.
    PSN ID: fearsomepirate
  • Options
    Kinda wish more games would do like Gears in that it's X amount vs X amount and any non-player spots are filled with bots.
    Plus offline bot matches counted for awards/ribbons/xp.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Why are Irons sights 1 point?

• Options
    I'm guessing that that is 'improved irons sights' kinda like the most worthless attachment ever for pistols in Blops 1

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    I don't understand the appeal of this customization system.

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    So, why do I suck? I've played shooters for... 15 years? I play most single player games on hard. I'm pretty decent at Tribes, Team Fortress 2, even counterstrike. etc. But the MW3 free weekend... it taunts me still. Sometimes, I might have 7 kills and 6 deaths, but too often, I'd get rolled 2 to 11, or something like that. The kill cams are fasinating, because the people killing me, often over and over, weren't doing anything fancy, just running along, and there I'd be, right in their gun sights, no twitching, no hyper reflexes, just me, like a curious rabit stepping out into the world for the first time. Is it the messy, broken maps? Are their specific movement patterns for moving through the world? Nobody ever really seems to duck, or ever stop moving. Do I need more familarity with the weapons? Why do I suck?

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    Spawn system.

That and probably no familiarity with the maps, knowing where the chokepoints are and what not.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I will admit, I lose most sense of caution when playing multiplayer shooters, there's no real "progress" to lose, and I'm impatient to get back into the action.
    Edit:http://simpsonsgifs.tumblr.com/post/613698087/when-are-they-going-to-get-to-the-fireworks-factory

BrocksMullet on

• Options
    Well, there is a bit of progress here in filling bars (long term) and getting kill streaks for the match.
    Unless you're going support streaks.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I mean progress in the, "I have to play that part of the level over again." sense. There rarely feels like there's any consequence to my actions, which is a general, weird problem I have with most online shooters. Still, the fact that I sucked, it hurts the pride.

BrocksMullet on

• Options
    jjae2123jjae2123 Registered User regular
    It's the routes, if you know the maps you can have a really good idea of where people will be and you know where to look for the enemy based on your knowledge of the spawn points, and seeing where your friendlies are since the game tries to spawn you in a semi-safe location.

• Options
    Yeah.

This game is pretty much 100% radar based. The second I spawn I know where the enemy is based on where my teammates are and which direction they are facing, even without a UAV up. And based on where I spawned/which objective mode you are playing/which objectives you control, it makes it even easier to tell where the enemy is most likely to be. Knowing the routes and power positions helps a ton, but the most important thing is knowing the spawn spots, which is mostly a 'play more' issue and not something someone can really explain without showing.

Plus, you know, the game is almost at the end of its life cycle, so most people you are playing against probably have a lot more time with the game (and they also know the M16/Type 95/Mk 14/MP7 are the best guns in the game)

• Options
    I forgot that buffing the M-16 would make it super easy to use like a douche uses the Type-95. I go around using it for long range fights with the RDS, and then ass clowns run around spraying it as fast as they can with hipfire and now I hate that gun.

• Options
    Magell wrote: »
    I forgot that buffing the M-16 would make it super easy to use like a douche uses the Type-95. I go around using it for long range fights with the RDS, and then ass clowns run around spraying it as fast as they can with hipfire and now I hate that gun.

Oh god, now I kinda wanna look up the first MW3 thread and find all my posts about how amazing the gun was, like, at noon the day after the launch.

Speaking of, I probably have vacation days to burn again this year, so I'll probably take the week off for Blops 2.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    iRevert wrote: »
    iRevert wrote: »

Hat8rs gonna h8.

I got reported for a aimbot once in BF3, it was that final killcam where I sens10 snapped to a dudes dome and popped him with the barrett.

Hatemail and tears have never tasted so delicious.

I got called a cheater in MWO the other day, the guy thought we had some hacked armor or something because I kicked their teams' asses in a Jenner. Bitches don't know 'bout my ability to use my arms as ablative armor.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN