Options

[Call of Duty] BLOPS2 The Game With No Last Stand Or Dead Man's Hand

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    default sensitivity 4 lyfe?

edit: he's using ads wrong.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    joshgotro wrote: »
    default sensitivity 4 lyfe?

edit: he's using ads wrong.

He's using COD wrong.

The more they stick shitty people playing on sens 1 into these "sneak peak" videos the less excited I get. I mean I'm not talking a ultra tryhard team or anything into the sneak peaks but for fucks sake stick like at least one competent player in there that has played a FPS more current then Spasim

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    It blows my mind that they can't find good players to play the game in demos. Don't they want us to actually think the game plays well?

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I've never changed the default sensitivity in CoD. I tried, but it was dumb. Default works just fine.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I role with sensitivity 7. Lower is too slow, higher is too high. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I use 3 or 4.

I'm not about to try and fight with anything higher.

• Options
    When I went to my friends place and played on his PS3 I felt like I was moving in slow motion on default. At first I forgot that was a thing and just thought it was not being used to a PS3 controller.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Seriously.

6 is the minimum.

If you are playing with less than that, congrats, you are a christmas kid.

• Options
    dinoarusdinoarus Registered User regular

also the dude in that video is above average.

Steam/XBL: OGSTudbone
  • Options
    I guess I'm a christmas kid then. I do pretty well for a christmas kid.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Seriously.

6 is the minimum.

If you are playing with less than that, congrats, you are a christmas kid.

I am not about to try to fuck with 6 sensitivity on an analog.

My thumb is too big and I'm slightly fidgety.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    I use the default and think I do alright.

I tried using a higher sensitivity and I had a hell of a time aiming at longer ranges. Close range it worked fine, but I find very few times where I think "if only I could have turned faster".

• Options
    Pretty much.

I still manage to 1st/2nd most matches I play with a 3/4 so I don't feel a desperate need to change it.

That being said with how crap the spawn system is I guess I could see the desire to want to turn faster.

• Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    I tend to push the analog stick against the very edge of the controller and essentially "ride the edges" while moving/turning/aiming. So, I have always used a the default sensitivity of like 3 or 4.

For those using higher sensitivities, do you guys avoid hitting the edge of the controller with the analog stick or do you "ride the edges" (I know that sounds silly, but I don't know a better way to word it)

XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Sivraj wrote: »
    I tend to push the analog stick against the very edge of the controller and essentially "ride the edges" while moving/turning/aiming. So, I have always used a the default sensitivity of like 3 or 4.

For those using higher sensitivities, do you guys avoid hitting the edge of the controller with the analog stick or do you "ride the edges" (I know that sounds silly, but I don't know a better way to word it)

No. Why would you use a higher sensitivity if you weren't going to.....use....a higher sensitivity...?

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »

I assume you also don't use tacticool button layout?

Why do you handicap yourself?

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Yeah.

With how much the knife sucks these days I don't see why everyone doesn't use tacticool.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »

I assume you also don't use tacticool button layout?

Why do you handicap yourself?

I'm just too good.

• Options

http://www.kontrolfreek.com/FPS/KontrolFreek-FPS-Freek.asp

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    See that's why I liked my razer controller. I could adjust the tension on the thumbsticks to make playing on higher sensitivities work perfectly with the strength of my thumbs. Well, until it was a razer product that has really bad build quality and nothing actually worked as they advertised and stuff started breaking in like 3 weeks. Come to think of it, every single razer product I have ever owned has failed in some way within 6 months of me buying it. The razer seal of quality is a well-respected seal.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited September 2012

No. Why would you use a higher sensitivity if you weren't going to.....use....a higher sensitivity...?

Don't know. But I've heard varied responses from people I've played with in the past so I was just curious!

EDIT: That FPS Freek addon looks pretty interesting! Though, it also looks a bit...uncomfortable? Hard to judge by just a picture.

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Don't know. But I've heard varied responses from people I've played with in the past so I was just curious!

EDIT: That FPS Freek addon looks pretty interesting! Though, it also looks a bit...uncomfortable? Hard to judge by just a picture.

Depends on the size of your dickmitts, it basically removes your ability to hit any of the XYAB buttons quickly so I stopped going for knife kills. You get used to the distance for weapon switches and reloads so it isn't that big of a deal after awhile. I still hit the edges of the radius when I'm doing quick turns and all that and I do use the "edge" of the thumbstick (side of the head) but it makes a 10 sens easier to manage and control and its more comfortable for my hands.

iRevert on
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    More BLOPS2 MP info:
    • Sprint duration relies on what weapon you hold, with combat knife letting you run the furthest
    • The Crossbow shoots faster than in BO. 3 shot clip, it has an Acog, Red dot, thermal and TRIPLESHOT. Fire 3 shots at once.
    • Scavenger replenishes all equipment and lethals. Scav packs only drop from non-explosive kills
    • High scorestreaks are VERY hard to get
    • There is significant recoil
    • Sniping is fun, but challenging
    • Unscoped Ballista takes A LOT of skill
    • The knife lunge range in #BlackOps2 is very close
    • more tiers in-between, allowing you to tune your sensitivity even more
    • Some maps are interactive
    • Cargo has moving shipment crates
    • Express has a bullet train that runs you over/cuts off spawns
    • SMG's suffer a lot of damage drop off, but are lethal up close

And a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CqoiALvMVo

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Hey lemme show you my fat face and talk about shit no one cares about before I show you how I play really poorly :rotate:

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Sweet, i can fire all my crossbow bolts at once. Now i can miss all my shots at once instead of one at a time.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Eh, I just got with the Zen philosophy: The arrow knows where to go.

Granted about 98% of the time the arrow is there to give my target a refreshing breeze instead of turning them into an instant pin cushion.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    More BLOPS2 MP info:
    • Sprint duration relies on what weapon you hold, with combat knife letting you run the furthest
    • The Crossbow shoots faster than in BO. 3 shot clip, it has an Acog, Red dot, thermal and TRIPLESHOT. Fire 3 shots at once.
    • Scavenger replenishes all equipment and lethals. Scav packs only drop from non-explosive kills
    • High scorestreaks are VERY hard to get
    • There is significant recoil
    • Sniping is fun, but challenging
    • Unscoped Ballista takes A LOT of skill
    • The knife lunge range in #BlackOps2 is very close
    • more tiers in-between, allowing you to tune your sensitivity even more
    • Some maps are interactive
    • Cargo has moving shipment crates
    • Express has a bullet train that runs you over/cuts off spawns
    • SMG's suffer a lot of damage drop off, but are lethal up close

And a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CqoiALvMVo

That video was awful and made me sad. Is that the best 90 seconds of gameplay they could find? They guy couldn't even sprint and was completely oblivious to an enemy on the mini-map. He also spends too much time scoped in.

• Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    Yeah. That was pretty shitty gameplay. Like, the marksman-esque marking of the other players right on the HUD (not the mini-map) and he just sits there like "R I suppozd to shoot dem nao?"

Embarrassingly bad shooting @ 37s. Even I'd have been embarrassed about that.
    Totally ignoring those diamonds from 42s until he dies at 47s. That's some Grade-A DERP right there.

At least he just says he has sample game-play, and not something like "awesome" game-play.

• Options
    jjae2123jjae2123 Registered User regular
    Dang, good thing I got on the hype train early, this looks amazing.

• Options
    Maybe they actually do do beta testing for CoD.

Maybe its just that they get these chucklefucks that do the testing.

And since they hold the xbox controller with their feet, they don't find any balance problems with the game.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    That's got to be the issue with these games. They have the worst players previewing the game.

Although, some of that gameplay from the German con with the "pros" showed promise.

The sound and graphics were excellent. Especially the sound. I want to shoot that SMG at 1:33 now.

• Options
    Slightly better player footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xunT15a6tFQ

Is it just me or does the movement and overall gameplay feel faster? Fast Hands perk maybe?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Definitely a perk at work there. Plus, the chopped up editing making the action faster.

• Options
    HuntingNoobHuntingNoob Registered User regular

Is it just me or does the movement and overall gameplay feel faster? Fast Hands perk maybe?

Perks are Lightweight, Fast Hands and Dexterity. Can be seen at 0:37.

The map looks horrible though. I don't like the really small maps.

• Options
    I personally love small maps they're usually the most fun.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Small maps are fine. Though Dome should be capped at 6, not 8 players.

newSig.jpg
  • Options

Hoooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyy Chhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiit

An actual competent player

• Options
    Nocren wrote: »
    Small maps are fine. Though Dome should be capped at 6, not 8 players.

Why? Then it wouldn't be nearly as chaotic as it is.

• Options
    So, I played a few rounds of MW3 this morning in Merc, before jjae jumped online.

First game playing in forever was Mission Dom, I went 36-12 and fucked up and died right after getting my second reaper in one life, right before I could get my second pavelow. So, didn't seem too rusty.

Then was TDM on terminal, went 19-11 so whatev.

Third game, same lobby same people. (three of them had higher K/D than me, so it wasn't a room full of scrubs or anything) Kill Confirmed on Dome. I went 50-5 and got second on my team, and totally predatored my second pavelow out of the sky. The guy who got first went 66-17. The next game he was on the other team on Seatown Dom and I killed him with a striker 3 times and made him quit out, and he was host. So that's fun.