As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [chat] of Sam McGee

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    oh minced meat here is usually that terrible pie the Brits make

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    oh minced meat here is usually that terrible pie the Brits make

oh no it's just meat, minced.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I'm going for chilli.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Alright, doing that thing I do when I'm nervous and have nothing to do. Just running through the prep list over and over again.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    @nexuscrawler

I am totally going to be White Troy.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    wat u preppin for thom

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    email sent

suck it apartments

tell me why you are so terrible at everything

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote:
    email sent

suck it apartments

Checkmate, apartments!

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    tumblr_lpme2bUXuQ1qeugaco1_400.jpg

sig.gif
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    richy that's great

sig.gif
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    What philistine is complaining about British pies? How dare you?

How dare you?

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    richy that's great

Don't encourage him. Once he gets started ...

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    wat u preppin for thom

Valentine's day stuff tonight.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote:
    @nexuscrawler

I am totally going to be White Troy.

this is clearly the darkest timeline

• Options
    Bogart wrote:

How dare you?

all you need to know about food to complain about it is that it's british

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    For Valentine's day Pillow-chan and I are going to the dry cleaners. They have a special.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote:
    richy that's great

i want him to get started

sig.gif
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Bogart wrote:

How dare you?

all you need to know about food to complain about it is that it's british
    scones and clotted cream are pretty tasty!

• Options
    grant-henderson-image-2-854261666.jpg

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote:

How dare you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jWTY6okCQY

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    For Valentine's day Pillow-chan and I are going to the dry cleaners. They have a special.

Adorable.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Although the name "clotted cream" reminds you what you are doing to your arteries

• Options
    wazilla wrote:
    Gooey wrote:
    email sent

suck it apartments

Checkmate, apartments!

you should never complain about anything, ever

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote:
    http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/02/13/021312-news-senate-barbershop-1-4/

OK, so there's this barber shop that senators use that is $300K in the hole. It's a bad economy, times are tough, time to tighten belts, right? Gotta change to a cheaper brand of highlight solution, right? Maybe start a telethon to collect donations to save a historical site? Nope. Senators paid off their debt with tax payer money.

But wait a minute - how does a barber shop rack up $300K in debt? That's a fairly large number for a business that's always busy.
    At the Senate barbershop, formally called Senate Hair Care Services, the top four barbers and stylists made more than twice that — $54,761; $70,349; $73,658; and $81,641 — plus they have a generous 401(k) plan, health care and paid vacation. In all, the government contributed $230,000 in benefits for the barbershop, said Eve Goldsher, a spokeswoman for the Senate Appropriations Committee.
    Former Sen. Peter Fitzgerald, R-Ill., blames the money woes on the stylists, who are federal employees. He contends they’re overpaid compared to their private-sector counterparts.

“They are using union labor, and so their benefits and wages are higher than those of many jobs,” Fitzgerald said.

So they 1) don't have to pay for health insurance 2) they get $TEXAS in their paychecks because they're union 3) they had 27,000 customers last year. At $20 a trim, I don't understand how they're in debt. I don't understand how they quietly got a bailout.

Imagine being a Senator. You are just about to go in front of the cameras to announce your re-election campaign. You go to the barber shop for a trim and a shave. While you are there, the barber asks you whether you think he's overpaid, and mentions that the barbershop is about to close because it's so in debt. He wonders what you might do to help. His scissors are hovering over the hair you will have to show your home state in 30 minutes. Soon, he will have a razor near your neck.

How could they not get a bailout?

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote:

OK, so there's this barber shop that senators use that is $300K in the hole. It's a bad economy, times are tough, time to tighten belts, right? Gotta change to a cheaper brand of highlight solution, right? Maybe start a telethon to collect donations to save a historical site? Nope. Senators paid off their debt with tax payer money.

But wait a minute - how does a barber shop rack up $300K in debt? That's a fairly large number for a business that's always busy.
    At the Senate barbershop, formally called Senate Hair Care Services, the top four barbers and stylists made more than twice that — $54,761; $70,349; $73,658; and $81,641 — plus they have a generous 401(k) plan, health care and paid vacation. In all, the government contributed $230,000 in benefits for the barbershop, said Eve Goldsher, a spokeswoman for the Senate Appropriations Committee.
    Former Sen. Peter Fitzgerald, R-Ill., blames the money woes on the stylists, who are federal employees. He contends they’re overpaid compared to their private-sector counterparts.

“They are using union labor, and so their benefits and wages are higher than those of many jobs,” Fitzgerald said.

So they 1) don't have to pay for health insurance 2) they get $TEXAS in their paychecks because they're union 3) they had 27,000 customers last year. At $20 a trim, I don't understand how they're in debt. I don't understand how they quietly got a bailout.

From the same article, barber's should be wage slaves barely above poverty.
    To support his argument, Fitzgerald contrasts the salaries and benefits of the Senate’s stylists to what is offered by Capitol Barber, three blocks away.

Capitol’s four barbers and stylists made $22,000 to $30,000 last year with no benefits, manager Lynn Dang said.

Fuck you, Senator Fitzgerald.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote:

How dare you?

I saw Sweeny Todd! I know how your pies are made!

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote:
    richy that's great

i want him to get started

tumblr_lkafcvpqCh1qepurpo1_500.jpg

sig.gif
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I hate tax time I really do. FML

• Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote:

People with money spend it in slightly selfish ways to help people they like, before they spend it on abstract non-people they have never met.

We're monkeys. Monkey's running monkeys, governed by monkeys who were raised and taught by monkeys.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    emnmnme wrote:

Hair stylists make living wage with reasonable benefits, Republicans outraged.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Alright, doing that thing I do when I'm nervous and have nothing to do. Just running through the prep list over and over again.

You're fucking ice cold man. You don't need to be nervous, because you are a badass. Everyone in the room knows it. You're going to have to go easy at least once, because people will be intimidated by your mad fucking game.

Don't stress. You got this shit.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote:

1. They do have to pay for employer sponsored health insurance like everyone else.
    2. None of those sums are really $TEXAS for Washington, DC
    3. I don't get it either.

• Options
    yessssssssssss

sig.gif
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote:
    To support his argument, Fitzgerald contrasts the salaries and benefits of the Senate’s stylists to what is offered by Capitol Barber, three blocks away.

Capitol’s four barbers and stylists made $22,000 to $30,000 last year with no benefits, manager Lynn Dang said.

That seems to be a thing in America: When presented with "Someone doing similar work earns more than me", they always seem to think "they should get less" rather than "I should get more". While the people in question haven't spoken, Fitzgerald seems to be arguing from a similar view. Misery loves company, I guess.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    spool for motivational speaker of the year

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    I try to stick with only the most banal and easily ignored of complaints so others may have a good [chat] reading experience.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote:

Hair stylists make living wage with reasonable benefits, Republicans outraged.

81 grand is a living wage?

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Deebaser wrote:
    emnmnme wrote:

Maybe Capitol Barber pays its employees so little because it has to, due to Subsidized Senate Barbershop's unfair competitive advantage.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Nexus I am reading Gravity's Rainbow. I have a blog.

• Options
    internet-memes-come-at-me-jesus.png

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.